Quentin's Version of Battle Royale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ms_erupt
I've heard that Quentin was thinking of making an American version of Battle Royale. Does anyone know anything about that?

MildPossession
It would never happen.

Wild_7
He was featured on the japanese version of the battle royale dvd commenting on how brilliant the movie was but i havent heard of anything about a QT remake.

tabby999
i dont think he'd bother

MildPossession
No remake from Tarantino happening.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, it would be quite interesting if he were to, and he certainly liked it enough, even to have included one of the actresses in Kill Bill, though I don't know if he could remake something that would be as good as the original. And if it did ever come to pass it would surely get trouble from the Censors, I mean a bunch of American teens forced to fight to the death by the Government? Though the social commentary could be great.

halo_oasis24
To remake a battle royale movie in english would be soo stupid!
I dont think in a million years that a "educational reform act" would be established in the u.s.a goverment ever!

DarkWizard
Originally posted by MildPossession
No remake from Tarantino happening.

Aside from 'City on fire' to 'Reservoir dogs'. And 'The dirty dozen' to 'Inglorious bastards'.

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard
Aside from 'City on fire' to 'Reservoir dogs'. And 'The dirty dozen' to 'Inglorious bastards'.
There are enormous differences between "City on Fire" and "Reservoir Dogs". There are one, or maybe even two scenes that are similar in "City on Fire".

Don't comment on them being like remakes unless you've seen them.

As for "Inglorious Bastards" being a remake/tributation of "The Dirty Dozen", Tarantino commented that they won't be a thing a like.

DarkWizard
Originally posted by Solo
There are enormous differences between "City on Fire" and "Reservoir Dogs". There are one, or maybe even two scenes that are similar in "City on Fire".

That's all a matter of prospective, on what you consider a 'remake'.

Solo
Originally posted by DarkWizard
That's all a matter of prospective, on what you consider a 'remake'.
Maybe, yes, but one should be able to tell how similiar two films are.

ECHUD123456
*was a double post sorry sad

ECHUD123456
I Don't Know About A Tarantino ReMake Of BR... He doesn't seem like the kind of director who would be good for it. I think Tony Scott maybe or better yet Zack Snyder I loved DOTD and i can't wait to see 300 and Rainbow Six just because he directs them, he'd be perfect (In my opinion) for a BR Remake, Certainly Not Q.T. He Revels in the kills in his movies you don't have time to have a brutal, wonderfull death for 42 (or more) different people in one flick! I love q.t... but not for Battle Royale and besides that a remake with an american director without japanese help would be silly the film and the book both have a very asian flavor to them

Heaven's Sword
If a Battle Royale remake was made, wouldn't they change the names to English? That would be confusing, especially in the Lighthouse scene.

Noa
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, it would be quite interesting if he were to, and he certainly liked it enough, even to have included one of the actresses in Kill Bill, though I don't know if he could remake something that would be as good as the original. And if it did ever come to pass it would surely get trouble from the Censors, I mean a bunch of American teens forced to fight to the death by the Government? Though the social commentary could be great.

/\Cheers! That is exactly what I was thinking! big grin About the censors, I mean.

It would be really interesting to see an American version of BR! What would be great is if they were to take a sampling of the wildly different personalities of American teens. That might change the story a bit but it would give the new version an edge on the original BR's greatness.

QTVersion of BR= good

MildPossession
There is an American remake coming, New Line are hoping on getting the rights, unless they have it now. But not Tarantino directing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.