doctor doom vs loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
Doom is a genious with science and magic knowlegdes and a powerful armor. Loki is the god of evil, lie and chaos in the vikings mithology and a powerful wizard. What do you think? I think loki will win, he could destroys dooms armor piece by piece.

bakerboy
Also, he can be as smart as doom. He is the only bad guy that have tricked doom once. It was in the acts of vengance saga.

Alpha Centauri
Loki is the man, but if you trick Doom once, it won't happen again.

Happens with Reed because they are mortal enemies, they HAVE to get the better of one another.

Doom has shown his prowess in taking out beings of Loki nature before, I have no trouble seeing how he couldn't do so again, hasn't happened though so I can't say how he would deal with this particular person but given that he knows him and has encountered him before, I think he would get it.

-AC

bakerboy
Its true than Doom has absorbed the power of silver surfer and galactus before, but i think that loki is a bigger problem for him. Because loki is more than him, basically , he is doom with god powers. He is as smart. and vicious and with an ego as doom is. He would be more difficult for doom than galactus or surfer.

grey fox
Doom easy he would re-route loki's pwoers into his armour before opening a can of whup-ass on loki

bakerboy
I think the difference between Doom and Loki is that Doom needs preparation time to do what he wants, Loki could do what he wants at the moment, because his god magical powers.

Alpha Centauri
If anything it would just drive Doom to perform better. He performs best when he's against Richards, coz it means something to him. He's not gaining anything by beating a nobody so why would he try? If it's someone smart, he's gonna try to win and when Doom tries to win, he often does.

-AC

Beyonder
Loki. It's not a prep fight. Magic isn't easily countered like cosmic energy. Doom goes down fighting, but Loki wins in the end.

K Von Doom
I'm sure Loki would win. I've seen them fight once but in a What If comic so it's questionable. Future Ironman matched up against a robot from the end of time. Thor fought Seth. Dr Doom tried to beat Loki but came up short, vampire Wolverine had to bail him out. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but I could say Surfer's the best just coz he's had the IG in What If.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
If you wanna be technical, Loki isn't a "god," he's the son of a Frost Giant, if that means anything.

For the record: Vicky's smarter than Loki, he is a lot faster (in flight speed and reflexes,) he's equally adept at using magic, he's far more knowledegeable in science, he's just as durable, and he's WAY better at fighting. Loki's just a little stronger.

bakerboy
Sorry, but i desagree with that. Loki is the god of evil in the vikings mithology, a minor god than odin and thor, ok, but he is a god. And maybe he isnt as intelligent in all the fields than doom is, but he is as smart and he is much better in magic and a lot stronger and faster.

Alpha Centauri
Galactus is smarter, as is Beyonder.

It's not what knowledge you possess, it's how you use it. Loki is very smart but he gets in over his head, never really has any failsafes.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
We're talking about Marvel's Loki.

No, Loki is not a god by birth (not even in Norse mythology). He is not faster than Doom, he is a little stronger, but Doom and Loki both have equal facility in Magic.

My source is the official Marvel Encyclopedia.

bakerboy
Come on, loki is a lot faster and much better in magic. He could do things that doom even canot dream. By the way, if he is a god or a semi god insnt that important, he is as powerful as a god.

Cosmic Cube
No he isn't. Check out www.marvel.com. Compare their abilities. Doom is faster, and he's just as good at magic. He's smarter, and a better fighter too.

Wynndar
Doom is certainly smarter than Loki these days...Loki was literally crushed by a celestial a few years ago right?

Scoobless
Loki could manipulate someone into the destroyer armour (again) Doom can't beat that walking tank

Alpha Centauri
Hardly Loki Vs Doom then is it?

-AC

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wynndar
Doom is certainly smarter than Loki these days...Loki was literally crushed by a celestial a few years ago right?
Yeah that was funny.

Theoretically, Loki should beat Doom however. With preptime, Doom stands a reasonable chance, without, Loki takes this one.

Scoobless
but that's what Loki does.......... if you're talking about a straight fight between the two then i'd still go with Loki he can turn immaterial, shapeshift, use magic, etc, etc....... without Doom having time to cook something up he wouldn't take Loki

Wynndar
i dont see how the destroyer armor would be anything special...as usual, people keep throwing more powerful opponents against Doom but they fail to realize its not a question of power...Doom has fought celestials on more than one occasion...and look what they did to the Destroyer. So u think it would be a good idea for Loki to try and beat Doom, a master of science, robotics, etc...who also has a good grasp on magic...beat him with a magical robot? Doom would have fun with the destroyer.

Alpha Centauri
He didn't have time to cook anything up against Adam Warlock, still beat him.

-AC

Scoobless
i dont see how the destroyer armor would be anything special...as usual, people keep throwing more powerful opponents against Doom but they fail to realize its not a question of power...Doom has fought celestials on more than one occasion...and look what they did to the Destroyer. So u think it would be a good idea for Loki to try and beat Doom, a master of science, robotics, etc...who also has a good grasp on magic...beat him with a magical robot? Doom would have fun with the destroyer.

the detroyer isn't a robot, it's a mystically enhanced suit of armour created by Odin, Doom couldn't control it

Wynndar
um i know what the destroyer is...and i dont see why Doom couldnt control it...Maestro controlled it and Doom is far beyond his intelligence.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Doom is faster, and he's just as good at magic. He's smarter, and a better fighter too.

I like Doom but there's no way that he's faster than Loki. The trickster raced "thought" dammit (in mythology and comics)! He lost but that he was able to keep up for a little bit shows how fast he is.

Beyonder

Doom beat Celestials through prep. It wasn't like he beat a Celestial one on one.

With prep, Doom beats Loki; he has a 50/50 chance of beating the Destroyer.

Without prep, Doom isn't beating Surfer. Loki's stalemated Surfer in a fight. Doom isn't beating Loki.

Loki isn't truly a god, but Frost Giants and your average Asgardian are about equal, slight edge to Frost Giants. Now if you get into higher end Asgardians, that's a different story.

Loki is up there with the high level Asgardians. When was the last time a Frost Giant or Asgardian ripped off their own head and still be alive and talking? Even Doom can't do that.

Loki zip zapped around Surtur attacking the giant fire demon. He even split himself into three Loki's. He's escaped into computer monitor and go intangible. Doom is good, but he's not that good without prep.

Loki would crush Doom.

But Loki isn't Warlock. Loki also kicked Thor Corp's ass.

Alpha Centauri
Doom didn't have extreme prep when he smacked Surfer and took his board.

Loki didn't "stalemate" Surfer. There's more to it than that.

I still don't understand this whole "Doom isn't good without prep". He has beat cosmics without prep. If the chance arises, Doom preps everything. You can't really say "no prep" because that's what he does, and he's awesome without it.

Demi-God or not, Loki isn't a shoe-in for the win here.

Not saying I'd be surprised if Doom lost, just that he wouldn't be surprised if he won.

-AC

BENITO
LOKI doom is sooo over-rated

Alpha Centauri
He's actually not overrated.

Don't quite understand why people can't grasp the difference between really liking a character due to his accomplishments, powers and character and overrating them.

-AC

bakerboy
I think that alpha centaury is in love with doom. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

By the way, loki is stronger than doom , is faster( come on, we are talking about a god and a guy in a heavy steel armor, who on hell could be doom faster), isnt that intelligent as doom is in many fields but is as smart as him, and he is a much better wizard than doom. And clearly, doom needs preparation time to beat his most powerful foes, he is only a genious in a armor, a normal guy in a armor. He is mortal, he needs preparation time to beat people like loki, surfer, galactus, magneto , mephisto , thanos, etc. if not, he is dead.

Alpha Centauri
Why do you have some incessant obsession with misspelling my name?

Why is steel armour any reason for Doom to be slow? He can teleport. Hulk ways many thousands of pounds, he runs at 500mph.

Yes, you are right Bakerboy. He IS just a genius man in armour. So doesn't the fact that a man in armour, beating the highest ranking people in Marvel, earn him some respect?

He didn't need prep to beat Surfer or Warlock. He wouldn't need prep to beat Magneto. He rendered Magneto's powers useless the last time they fought. Magneto thought he was the man and Doom went "Hahaha I'll de magnetise my suit".

You are underrating Doom. If you talk about him like you just did, when he oh so clearly isn't like that, then anyone even remotely ranking him high, will seem like overrating.

I'm not saying he'd definately beat Loki. I'm saying there's a chance, because there is and to deny that is silly.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.