Why didn't Liam Nesson play Darth Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

awain
Instead of Hayden whatever, playing Darth Vader, why didn't Liam Nesson play him becuase he's tall enough, or he seems to be taller than everyone else anyway.

Cascador
Hey why not Eric Bana, he's a giant too...why not this one...why not that one...I guess Hayden insisted of playing Darth Vader in the costume like Samuel insisted on a pink lightsaber...euhm sorry purple lightsaber!

Flutter Fire
maybe because he's too old...? confused

nazgűl-lord
what kinda question is that
don't you have anything better to do than to start pointless threads

Captain REX
This is a very silly question...IMHO, of course.

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by awain
Instead of Hayden whatever, playing Darth Vader, why didn't Liam Nesson play him becuase he's tall enough, or he seems to be taller than everyone else anyway. Hayden whatever....?? This IS a Star Wars fan forum, right?

Captain REX
*checks Forum*

Hmm...maybe?

awain

lil bitchiness
That is rather random - why would Liam Neeson play Darth Vader all of a sudden in ep III? no expression

awain
Originally posted by Darth Plegueis
Hayden whatever....?? This IS a Star Wars fan forum, right?

Yeah but I'm just not a fan of the one who plays Anakan Skywalker because I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's a crap actor

Captain REX
Awain, you don't need to be flinging swear words about without expertise. Say them too much and they lose effect.

awain
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
That is rather random - why would Liam Neeson play Darth Vader all of a sudden in ep III? no expression

First of all, not random, aimless or pointless, and Liam Nesson playing Darth Vader because's quite tall, and he's not too old because Darth Vader doesn't do anything in Episode III apart from walk, talk and stare at the Death Star construction

Darth Plegueis
All right, all right man, don't get un cool and heavy and such a tight mean harsh bastard son a *****! Jeez dude, I was just giving you a good-natured ribbing!! stick out tongue

awain
Originally posted by Captain REX
Awain, you don't need to be flinging swear words about without expertise. Say them too much and they lose effect.

Hey listen, I don't have to take any of that shit from you point dextor!

Captain REX
Random, aimless, AND pointless. No one would put Liam Neeson in the role of Vader. Plain and simple.

And Hayden is obviously farther along in life than you are, might as well spell 'is name... wink

Darth Plegueis
Poindexter, maybe.......

awain
Originally posted by Darth Plegueis
Jeez dude, I was just giving you a good-natured ribbing!! stick out tongue

A bad natural one more like laughing

Darth Plegueis
Isnt Point Dextor an EU charachter?

lil bitchiness
First of all, not random, aimless or pointless, and Liam Nesson playing Darth Vader because's quite tall, and he's not too old because Darth Vader doesn't do anything in Episode III apart from walk, talk and stare at the Death Star construction

Why the heck would he be Darth Vader?! He was Qui-Gon!! So now bring him in to stand in for Darth Vader, cos hes tall?!

That makes 0 sense.

Captain REX
Oi...you maroons...

awain
Originally posted by Captain REX
Random, aimless, AND pointless. No one would put Liam Neeson in the role of Vader. Plain and simple.

And Hayden is obviously farther along in life than you are, might as well spell 'is name... wink

Really... well look who's talking you low life dork, and I can't be arsed to spell his name, I'M TIRED sad

xeous
Yeah but I'm just not a fan of the one who plays Anakan Skywalker because I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's a crap actor

Hayden is FAAAAAAAAR from being a crap actor.

Lucas isn't the best at showing his emotions through his actors/actresses.

This is multiplied by 1000 because of all the CG(blue screen acting).

Captain REX
Really... well look who's talking you low life dork, and I can't be arsed to spell his name, I'M TIRED sad

Hmm...low life dork, huh?

*flashes Moderator badge* stick out tongue

Control yerself, Awain, you tend to be rather a nuisance when even slightly aggravated.

Darth Plegueis
Im going to start a Jake Lloyd should play Point Dextor in Ep.7 thread...

WindDancer

You need to chill with the name calling awain. Due to your previous ban for member bashing I suggest you drop that attitude.

Cascador

Captain REX
So far, sounds like he just warps metal and snaps droids with the Force, rather than lightsaber slashing. *shrug*

Darth Plegueis
Plus, would he even have a saber yet, just recovering and newly in the armor?

xeous
Wouldn't you rather have someone that isn't as good with a sabre AS Vader in ROTS. How terrible was the fight between Obi and Vader in the OT?(Compared to the new sabre battles)

lil bitchiness
Well compared to the new saber battles, all OT saber battles look crap.

Darth Plegueis
depending on the extent of his injuries, maybe he CAN'T saber battle as good as before...that would explain the slower OT fights..

Cascador
no just another technique...Lightsabers became better but heavier to hold. It's true.

((The_Anomaly))
because hayden "begged and begged" to play vader and lucas said yes....thats why. they were gonna just use a tall guy in a suit, but they decided to let hayden do it. hayden is like 6 "1" anyways. tall enough

leowyatt
david prowse was to have gotten back in costume but he had hip
surgery he told lucas he wanted to be back in the costume guess
george said no

Jedi Priestess
Damn boys, suppose that was you? If you had been the one playing Anakin in the 2 films dont you think you'd want to be the one in the suit? Let the man have his day. smile

Mist
and close this thread for crying out loud.

awain

awain
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
because hayden "begged and begged" to play vader and lucas said yes....thats why. they were gonna just use a tall guy in a suit, but they decided to let hayden do it. hayden is like 6 "1" anyways. tall enough

Yeah but Liam Nesson is about 6 4, or 6 5, which is taller!

Cascador
give the a guy a break...let him have it! And yes Qui-Gon was better in swordfighting in ep I than Anakin was in ep II, but that's not the case in ep III! Even Ewan Mcgregor is probably now a better swordfighter than Liam Neeson

PVS
why dont we just ask the mods to make a
"what DONT you like about ep3" thread and we can just merge
all these whiney fanboy threads....just a suggestion

awain
Originally posted by Cascador
give the a guy a break...let him have it! And yes Qui-Gon was better in swordfighting in ep I than Anakin was in ep II, but that's not the case in ep III! Even Ewan Mcgregor is probably now a better swordfighter than Liam Neeson

What are you talking about, Ewan is a better swordsman than Liam because Obi-Wan probably fought better than Qui-Jon did, Especially when Obi-Wan fought Darth Maul alone.

Cascador
I'm talking about Ewan himself not Obi-Wan...Obi-Wan's fight in ep I involved a lot of stunt doubles. for the fight in ep III, they didn't use them, cause both Ewan and Hayden evolved to better swordmen.

bILLYgOAT
This thread ROXXXXXX

Padmé Amidala
I think I wrote this on the wrong thread before but around 1996, there were those saying that Liam was playing Darth Vader, I guess they just assumed cause of the height, but yeh... He would certainly have been too old to start training lol Plus I dont think Natalie Portman wouldve been too happy about that decision either...... ewww

awain
Originally posted by Cascador
I'm talking about Ewan himself not Obi-Wan...Obi-Wan's fight in ep I involved a lot of stunt doubles. for the fight in ep III, they didn't use them, cause both Ewan and Hayden evolved to better swordmen.

Well I think it's better when the actors and stuntmen do amazing flips and stunts because it has better action and entertainment, because if Obi-Wan was still like he was in Episode I, he could easily kick the shit out of Dooku and Anakan.

Padmé Amidala
Thats not true---- the way he fought Maul was because of anger--- thats how Maul was able to defeat him, but then he calmed down and used the good side to strike the fatal slice to Maul

Darth Plegueis
The fights aren't choreographed by the actors, though, so would it really matter?

Darth Plegueis

awain

Cascador
No I read the novel...the novel says Obi-Wan thinks back again of the living force like Qui-Gon taught him too and concentrates. So what she says is right.

JKozzy
Instead of Hayden whatever, playing Darth Vader, why didn't Liam Nesson play him becuase he's tall enough, or he seems to be taller than everyone else anyway. Let's rethink this.

Jedi Priestess
Kozzman you should be SHOT for that post! laughing out loud

Cascador

Darth Plegueis
Vern Troyer (mini-me) as YODA...PLEEEASE!

DCLXVI
I think this guy likes BDSM....because he constantly opens useless and utterly confusing threads so that he can be flammed....stick out tongue

El_NINO
hes fat

DARTH STEVIOUS
the reason they chose Hayden cause then Darth Vader's fight would look the same as anakins, and cause he had to wear big boots to make him taller it looked better on camera as it showed anakin trying to get used to his suite and become one with it as its his new skin. Plus why would u want any one else in it, remember its a younger Darth and he dose fight in epi 3 other wise u would not get a figure with light saber action and there would not be any Darth with light saber pics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.