Best Marx Brothers movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
They were three of the greatest comedians ever, next to Chaplin and Keaton. Groucho, Harpo and Chico were three genious with a particular humour that was unbeatable. Groucho sentences, Harpo visual jokes and chico way of talking were brillaint. In my opinion, a night at the opera and duck soup are their two best movies. And in your opinion?

chez
It's a toss-up between Duck Soup and A Night at the Opera, but I'd have to go A Night at the Opera. Has a plot ; lovers sub-plot not overly annoying ; and of course, just plain funny.

"When I invite a woman to dinner I expect her to look at my face. That's the price she has to pay."

"Never in my life have I received such treatment! They threw an apple at me!"
"Well, watermelons are out of season..." stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
"Duck Soup", as I thought "Night.." WAS incredibly annoying, and totally unfunny. You could tell how desperate the trio were for laughs in that one.

Rufus T Firefly
Duck Soup has always been my favorite of all the movies...Pity the film almost destroyed their carear erm

Solo
I haven't seen all of them so I wouldn't know. From what I have seen, though, I'd choose Animal Crackers.

ADarksideJedi
"A night at the Oprea" has the best lines and is the first one I ever saw them in!They rock!jm

Impediment
A Night at the Opera.

A very close second would be a tie between Duck Soup and A Day at the Races.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.