Bride & Prejudice - Bollywood style!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Has anyone, by any chance seen this? Its staring Aishwarya Rai (and shes so pretty) and its Bollywood/Hollywood take on Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice - it looks rather hilarious actually.

From IMBD -

A Bollywood update of Jane Austen's classic tale, where Mrs. Bennet is eager to find suitable husbands for her five unmarried daughters. When the rich single gentlemen Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy come to live nearby, the Bennets have high hopes, though circumstance and boorish opinions threaten to get in the way of romance.

Im looking to rent it, but having no luck so far. Trailer looks rather promising and it looks really funny..

Ketchuptome
Nah.U don't really see Indian movies in the state

MildPossession
Do you mean Bride and Prejudice? if so, I am renting it soon, it's in my list.

lil bitchiness
Oops, yep. Fixed.

I just saw the trailer again - im deffinitly wanting to see it now.

MildPossession
I am a fan of Bollywood/Indian films, so will be interesting to see how B+P turns out.

lil bitchiness
Same here. This really does look funny. I would like to see Aishwarya Rai in some Hollywood movies - i really like her.

Say, have you by any chance seen 'Boom'? It was out in '03?

MildPossession
I can't find Boom on DVD, haven't seen it yet. Any good?

Imaginary
I'm Indian, and a fan of Aishwarya Rai. I'm planning on seeing it with my friends.

BakaXero
ive seen it
the main actress is HOT!!!
its funny but i cant stand all that singing!!!!
it just comes out from nowhere!

sky shadow
iv seen it once and its real cool

Imaginary
Baka, Aishwarya Rai was Miss World 1994 and she's been voted Most Beautiful Woman in the World a couple of times... as for the singing, I hate it too, but it's typical in Indian cinema.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by MildPossession
I can't find Boom on DVD, haven't seen it yet. Any good? I liked it - however it was too Americanized at certain points.

Good overall, most deffinitivly.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Imaginary
Baka, Aishwarya Rai was Miss World 1994 and she's been voted Most Beautiful Woman in the World a couple of times... as for the singing, I hate it too, but it's typical in Indian cinema. I really like her Ash. I always have.

And she is very beautiful. I made a thread while ago in the Celebrities forum about her. smile

Imaginary
Yay, there are Bollywood fans here too happy

KillTheLight
The movie is going to be released on DVD this Monday.I might rent it...I'm not so sure about all the random singing and stuff though...but it does look funny plus that guy from the ring is in it droolio

Morning_Glory
is this movie any good... it just came out in theaters here .. wasnt sure if I should go see it

KillTheLight
I've just found out it's also got that guy who plays Sayid in Lost in it.

Anyway I dont know anyone who's seen this movie..but it does seem decent....

Morning_Glory
I might go see it then or wait for it to come out on DVD to rent!

Sayid is in it! thats's cool!

BakaXero
Originally posted by Imaginary
Baka, Aishwarya Rai was Miss World 1994 and she's been voted Most Beautiful Woman in the World a couple of times... as for the singing, I hate it too, but it's typical in Indian cinema.
yeah i heard she made some tv noght show host speechless...
yeah i ask a friend of mine about it
She dont like indian movies because of all that singing and shes indian...stick out tongue

syko freak
i luv indian films too. hvnt cn b&p though. hv 2 c it. n iluv hrithik roshan love

Imaginary
I don't, but unfortunately for you he's happily married stick out tongue

BakaXero
Originally posted by syko freak
i luv indian films too. hvnt cn b&p though. hv 2 c it. n iluv hrithik roshan love
trying to figure out what it says...

MildPossession
urgh text talk...

Imaginary
Originally posted by syko freak

Translation: "I love Indian films too. I haven't seen Bride and Prejudice, though. I have to see it. And I love Hrithik Roshan"

I was once fluent in text talk smile

MildPossession
It's nothing to be proud about...

Imaginary
I know...

Maya Zurak
I liked this movie ^^

Imaginary
I haven't seen it yet...

crazykim
ive so totally seen it
i saw it when it came out
one of my favs including main hoon na and kal ho naa ho

Imaginary
Main Hoon Na was absolute cliche crap. Kal Ho Naa Ho was one of the gems of Preity and Shah Rukh's careers.

mvwg
I'm a (relatively new) fan of Bollywood and a fan of Gurinder Chadha but I did not like Bride and Prejudice. I thought the trailer looked cool and since Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books thought I'd see how it had been adapted.

BTW anyone got any recommendations for Bollywood for a relatively poor student who must save her money - Bollywood DVDs are still quite expensive in England.

So far I've seen:
Devdas
Mohabbatein
Bewafaa
Kuch Naa Kaho
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam
Shab'd
and Chalte Chalte is somewhere in the post

nikz_2
i agree with lil B and Imaginary that although this movie was excellent it was far to americanized and it lacked that bollywood feel to it. but all my friends here loved the movie. plus ishwaria is HOT whistle

nikz_2
if you want a good hindi movie i highly suggest Dhoom, lakeer and Raja Hindustani. movies which i never get ored of.

mvwg
What's weird is that all the Bollywood fans are saying it was too americanised but every non-Bollywood fan I've asked said they didn't get why there was a dance number all of a sudden. wink

Imaginary
I'm a semi-Bollywood fan and I thought it was too Indianised... because India isn't really like that. There really isn't that much colour.

What I thought was kinda stupid is that Aishwarya Rai's hair was dyed a too light shade of brown, and in one scene where Martin Henderson is holding her and it's like a sunset or something, their skin is exactly the same colour because of all the fake tan.

La Vierge
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Has anyone, by any chance seen this? Its staring Aishwarya Rai (and shes so pretty) and its Bollywood/Hollywood take on Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice - it looks rather hilarious actually.

From IMBD -

A Bollywood update of Jane Austen's classic tale, where Mrs. Bennet is eager to find suitable husbands for her five unmarried daughters. When the rich single gentlemen Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy come to live nearby, the Bennets have high hopes, though circumstance and boorish opinions threaten to get in the way of romance.

Im looking to rent it, but having no luck so far. Trailer looks rather promising and it looks really funny..

BEST MOVIE EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance

Eis
I saw this movie a little while ago and I liked it ok...
It was funny, yes. But just at some points... as Lil B said it was too 'americanized' at times... and 'Lalita' was a very annoying and overdramatic character.
Still the movie didn't suck but It's not what I'd call 'good'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.