Metal, has it stayed the same?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Inspired by my good, lifelong buddy Jaden101.

He mentioned that Metal has stayed the same for 20 years with no changes. Musically, visually, as well as it's fans. Then proceeded to say the genre is 100% crap without exception.

Is he correct or chatting out of his rectum?

Genuinely want opinions, before this gets jumped on.

-AC

jaden101
thank you...thank you my friend...its good to know i inspire the youth of today

wink

Alpha Centauri
I created the inspiration to create the thread.

Oh, is that all I get? A witty remark? No post about Metal being shit and samey for two decades with no exception? I created it so the discussion of our musical tastes wouldn't get drawn off topic in the other thread.

We can continue the Metal discussion here. So go for it.

-AC

jaden101
whats to continue...its shit...its samey and everyone that matters knows it...

Alpha Centauri
You're chickening out? Or do you just have nothing to back you up?

I'm calling you out. Prove your worth and your words.

-AC

jaden101
whats to chicken out off...there is no room for debate...im right...the end...accept it...move on and grow up...everyone has to at some point in their lives

Alpha Centauri
No seriously, why are you so afraid? You're right, right? So prove it.

Go on. It's not like everybody here is gonna laugh at you and make you look like a bigger idiot for having such an ignorant opinion is it?

Not like you're gonna get spanked in yet ANOTHER thread by me is it?

Of course not. So go on, I'm waiting to here your reasons.

-AC

Deathblow
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Metal has stayed the same for 20 years with no changes. Musically, visually, as well as it's fans. Then proceeded to say the genre is 100% crap without exception.

Lets just forget all genre prejudices and previous arguments for a second.

The above statement is incorrect, because all music, whether it be pop, soul, jazz, rock whatever, all music, without exception, changes over time. So do the fans, so do the fashions.

As for the 100% crap without exception part, that's opinion based. I don't know many people at all who refuse to accept the extreme importance metal has had on the development of music, or the huge amount of talent it has produced, but then again I guess I just don't know many close-minded people.

jaden101
spanked by you...i know its a fantasy of yours but sorry bud...im not into it

"Of course not. So go on, I'm waiting to here your reasons."

you've had my reason jammed up your asson the end of my shoe in the other thread for the past 3 days...i dont think that there is all that much room left

Alpha Centauri
Why say you're not into "that" then talk about jamming stuff up my ass?

Anyway, I think I've proven my point. You have nothing to say and when challenged you crumble.

Don't shout if you can't talk.

-AC

jaden101
says it all...cant even keep a coherent argument for more than 2 posts

you're beaten...and as it goes on mortal kombat..."FLAWLESS VICTORY"

Alpha Centauri
The thought was inspired by you, I motivated myself to create the thread. I've really had enough of catching you out on every base.

Flawless victory? Not once have you spoken in depth and on topic.

Stop being a kid and debate like an adult.

I'm waiting.

-AC

jaden101
hey man...im just bringin it down to your level...ive noticed that child like debating is your forte

Alpha Centauri
You're bringing it down to nothing.

You're looking silly.

Are you actually gonna try and act sensible? I thought you were all ready to go in the other thread until I ruled you out, what happened? Where's the backing up of your opinions on Metal?

Let's get it going. State some opinion and reason, fact if possible.

-AC

Cinemaddiction
Could you girls take this to P.M.

Jaden's apparently not going to cave, and the rest of us know that metal has evolved, so why you're looking to make a spectacle of this is beyond me. A.C., personally, I think you're a drama junkie, lol.

Alpha Centauri
I created this thread so that the OTHER thread in which the opinion was raised wasn't driven off topic. I was showing consideration.

However I think it's clear he said it in passing and can't back it up.

It can still stay open, a Metal discussion thread or what not. Upcoming bands etc.

-AC

LifeIsKillingMe
Metallica stayed the same...St Anger doesnt count cause antipschotics, when needed, **** you up. when not, take as much as ya like!

SlipknoT
Originally posted by LifeIsKillingMe
Metallica stayed the same...St Anger doesnt count cause antipschotics, when needed, **** you up. when not, take as much as ya like! Metallica sucks now days.

Afro Cheese
I'm no expert on metal, but judging by all the different divisions and sub genres of metal, I'd say it's pretty obvious it's changed and still constantly changing.

LifeIsKillingMe
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Metallica sucks now days.

only St Anger sucked...the Load albums were tolorable

room #99
chatting out of his rectum!!!

I cant even count the different metal generes that were created from 20 years till this day. it surely did not stay the same.

but one thing is for sure metal is not as great as it was before.

Alpha Centauri
Genres always go through periods of greatness that may never be reached again. As long as there are people respecting the art of music, every genre in Rock will get it's peaks. Even if it doesn't, as long as there ARE artists out there, things are good.

-AC

Df02
Originally posted by jaden101
spanked by you...i know its a fantasy of yours but sorry bud...im not into it

"Of course not. So go on, I'm waiting to here your reasons."

you've had my reason jammed up your asson the end of my shoe in the other thread for the past 3 days...i dont think that there is all that much room left

it started off and i thought that maybe u'd be a decent addition to the forum...what happened lol? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.