"Independence Day" (ID4)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Incredible. No "ID4" threads on KMC? Blasphemy! Well, fans of Roland Emmerich's "Day After Tomorrow" should back track and yoink this little gem.

There's A LOT of "War of the Worlds" throwbacks and references in this one, and it's one of the most uplifting Sci Fi flicks I've ever seen. Naturally, we win the war on Alien terror, but not without a price.

C'mon, fans. Anyone?

Deano
i love independance day...i could watch it all the time
jeff goldblum is great..theres somethin about him i like

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, I like ID-4. I watched it just the other week after finding the tape. Great movie. Although the first time I watched it, remember this will have been many blue moons ago, that bit where the alien killed those guys doing the autopsy on it really freaked me out.

Cinemaddiction
There's an E-Town Concrete song, in the beginning that uses the audio from when the alien took Brent Spiner's character, and spoke through him through the glass, where Bill Pullman asks if there can be any kind of peace.

Alien: "Peeeeeace....no...peeeeeace"
President: "What do you want us to do?
Alien: "Dieeeee. Dieeeeee"

I thought that it was nifty. Hardcore bands like "ID4". yes

I still cry when Russell takes his plane up the tractor beam. Just the expression on his face. "Hello, boys! I'm ba-aaaaaack!!!!" cry

Deano
that scene didnt make me cry at all..dunno why

i like the speech the president gives at the end....its a bit cheesy but i like it
and i like the fact that the alien invasion has bought the world together....maybe an alien invasion in real life woudnt be as bad after all

SlipknoT
This is another one I need to buy.

yerssot
really? it didn't offer much for its genre

pr1983
it was a fun movie with a bit of heart...

and big ass aliens...

will smith likeable...

and yes, russell in the plane... brillaint...

one of my favourite action movies ever...

though the speech was terrible...

Dr. Strangelove
I liked it. The story and acting were decent and the action scenes really had a WOW factor.

big gay kirk
It was the funniest film I ever saw.... so badly plotted and acted, with obvious steals (sorry, homages) from other films... the funniest bit was when the presidents wife died... the whole cinema was laughing..... we could never figure out whether it was supposed to be a modern "Plan 9" or whetjher it just truly was bad.....

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by yerssot
really? it didn't offer much for its genre

Agreed. cannot stand this movie. Aside of the pretty effects, it offers nothing. Just curious, why is it that the only planes the united states had through out the entire film were F-16's? I know it probably wasnt an F-16,but it was the only plane. This isnt why i diddnt like the movie, i am not that shallow. It has just always been a question of mine.

Lord_Andres
I thought it was fun, jeff goldblum is the best part of it, he is always funny but the thing is he seems to be serious, well it was a good pop corn movie thats all, nuting special

Fire
It's certainly not a great movie seen far better sci-fi

Soth
ID4 is an excellent movie...Jeff Goldblum is my favorite actor that I don't get to see very often

Darth_Big_Boy
Great flick. Cory...which version of the DVD do you have?

manny321
It was a great popcorn flick. The hype was huge on the film and the effects in today's standrads are still pretty good. Its not an oscar film but the film is one of the most entertaining films ever. Was huge it made over 300 million at the boxoffice in the US.

Miles Prower
o.o;

Forcewielder
Originally posted by big gay kirk
It was the funniest film I ever saw.... so badly plotted and acted, with obvious steals (sorry, homages) from other films... the funniest bit was when the presidents wife died... the whole cinema was laughing..... we could never figure out whether it was supposed to be a modern "Plan 9" or whetjher it just truly was bad.....

I fail to see what's so funny about the President's wife dying because it's not.

I nearly cried when I saw that clip.

StunningMono
Loved this film to bits - must buy it and watch it again, have not seen it in years!!

Jeff Goldblum and Will Smith were a good pairing big grin
Russell - I laughed, cheered and cried when he went flying back up into the alien space ship - the man was pure genius!

ladygrim
i like this movie to watch it all the time when i go round my friemds house

gentmax
What I thought was interesting was that the film maker had the balls to actually kill off most of the populations of these major cities.

POTC ship rat
Hey guys, I know I'm out of my thread here, but I too, am an ID4 fan.

Read the books. I just finished reading "ID4: War In The Desert"

Remember when the Americans are morse-coding the rest of the world that they want to mount a counter-offensive to bring down the alien ships? There was a British contingent in the Sinai. This book is focused around them.

Starts with the destruction of all the major cities, including Baghdad. (YEAH!!) It continues through the end of the movie, and goes through the ground invasion of the aliens that survived the crash. VERY exciting, edge of my reading chair, couldn't wait to turn the page. Too bad they didn't make this book a straight-to-DVD film.

I'm gonna get back on me ship and sail to Tortuga. Thar's a party goin' on tonight! drunk

office jesus
Originally posted by Forcewielder
I fail to see what's so funny about the President's wife dying because it's not.

I nearly cried when I saw that clip.

Seriously. What in the f*ck was so funny about someone's mother / wife dying? The line his daughter said made me shed a small tear.

Blaxican Style
yeah if their was ever a time when I said Thsoe bastards! it was then.

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
This movie was good! Will Smith is a good actor! I liked it alot

Koenig
Independence day : laughing What a joke of a film, crap story bad acting the list just goes on. A modern day B-Movie what a pile of shit

Mindship
Not a bad flic, it was entertaining...though personally, the idea that we could pose any kind of challenge to a starflight-capable tech...it just ain't so, not by a long-shot.

Yeah, Quaid's big scene...cheesy but nicely done.
I also liked when Will Smith decked the alien. "Welcome to Earth."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.