"Robocop"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
How the hell are there no "Robocop" threads in KMC? Anywho, this is Peter Weller's pride and joy, who most recently appeared in "The Order", so yes, he is still alive.

Any fans? 2 and 3 are crap, thanks to early stage animatronic/CGI robots, but the original is priceless.

SnakeEyes
I think this movie is really cool. I think its funny how the main bad guy from the movie is now on "That 70's Show"
Didn't see that coming

Wolfie
The original was great. I never got around to seeing the others and I really have no eagerness to.

Cinemaddiction
Well, 3 doesn't even have Peter Weller, so I never bothered.

shaber
Three had the model for the factor 5000 sunblock advert naughty

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, 3 doesn't even have Peter Weller, so I never bothered.
A sequel without the original actor... sick

pr1983
2 was ok at the time imo, it was good enough...

robocop 1 was one of the best sci fi movies ive ever seen, its view of the future was so well conceived and portrayed...

and so many movies copied its style... starship troopers(love that movie) for one...

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by pr1983

and so many movies copied its style... starship troopers(love that movie) for one...

That's because the two movies were directed by Paul Verhoeven. He also did "Total Recall", but the two movies first mentioned had a really strong underlying social message. Especially "Starship Troopers", holy shit, the Nazi regime innuendoes were literally smacking you in the face.

pr1983
laughing yeah i know...

LLG
I haven't seen the 2nd Robocop, but I didn't really like the 3rd Robocop. The 1st one was very good.

Ignite
my friend loves robocop soo much..
he cries all the time when he watches them!
lol...how many are there?

Sadako of Girth
3 Cinema movies- 1 (Superb)
2 (A good attempt,very violent but a bit souless and preachy.)
3 (Toned down violence and little kids programming ED-209 sick )

Then there was a series (Total garbage poo from the devil's-formulaic-non-violent-non-humoured-non-robocop-feeling-anus!!!!)
Robocop was a puss in it, OCP were caring 'good guys' and none of the adult humour was left....!!! puke puke

A cartoon series(Never saw it myself).

And the 'Prime directives' movies realeased in 2000... (4 parts)
This was much better than the series in regards to violence, social commentary,OCP being evil again (Hooray!) and humour, but was mired by overuse of slow-mo whenever the action kicked off, and a couple of lame concepts.... Worth checking out though... smile

"Can you flyyyyyyyy Bobby....?" laughing

Gryn Jabar
Rocky would kick his shiny metal ass back to whever the hell he came from.

Red Superfly
Robocop kicked ass, I love that dirty, grimy, no shit taking atmosphere.

First movie kicked ass.

jango fatt
i liked 1 & 2 but 3 sucks

Solo
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Robocop kicked ass, I love that dirty, grimy, no shit taking atmosphere.

First movie kicked ass.

Totally agree, couldn't explain how awesome it is better myself.

Pandemoniac
I'll buy that for a dollar! Robocop kicked ass, nice sarcastic view of the doomed near future. Good action and effects.
Did you know Verhoeven at first just laughed at the idea and threw the script in the garbagecan? His wife pulled it out and made him reconcider, not a bad move eventually.
The second part was decent, a cool badguy and some sort of interesting developments. The third movie sucked big time, Robo acted like some toy that comes along with cornflakes.

ragesRemorse
Dont know how they turned such a good movie into some of the worse sequals.

Wolfie
Look at The Crow. Same thing happened.

Pandemoniac
Indeed! The first was unbelievable, but the scripts of the other 2 could only be put to use as toiletpaper.

Darth_Big_Boy
The original is fantastic! It has a dirty / crusty feel to it. That make sense? Anyone own the Criterion DVD?

zombieman
Ive been a fan of the original for well over 10 years, 2 was watchable but 3 was gash.

Ive heard that Verhoven is interested in doing a 'real' sequel. Does anyone know if this is still a possibility?

starwing
Yeah, that first one was terrific. It had a real bite to it.

Azrael01
The first one was really good with the over the top violence and dark humor
The second and third and after were mindless entertainment but whats wrong with that
I liked the splatter punks which one were they in the third I think?

WrathfulDwarf
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Even after 20 years of watching the film over and over again. I always laugh at that line. Just saw it and is as good as I remenber it. big grin

SnakeEyes
Which one out of the last 2 had that Asian karate-cyborg?

jrodslam
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Which one out of the last 2 had that Asian karate-cyborg?

That was Part 3.

Robocop kicks ass. Hes one of my all time favorite characters. Hes super bad-ass. Robocop 1 is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time behind Spaceballs and Batman(89). Robocop 2 is among my top 10. Part 3......Ill just say this. I dont own it, but everytime i watch it, i only watch the first 15 min of it. He has a feat where he catches a sniper bullet that was aimed for Lois. A sniper bullet out of mis air!?! Totally bad-ass. ROBO OWNS!!!!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9905/rvst2317dc.th.jpg

steverules
I liked 2 better than 1, mainly cause of his fight with Kaine at the end but 3 was just RUBBISH. I have Robocop vs terminator which is very good and I enjoyed reading it. And my favorite pic is the one that jrodslam has scanned. And I hate the fact that Louis dies in 3.

K.Diddy
I got it on dvd today

jenzie
it is my favourite film, and i saw it in the cinema four times!
i like the second one also
third one was two years too late, because of all that carolco stuff

redcaped
I only have robo figure...where is the rest, I mean the other designs and characters. Next year is 20th Anniversary. Hope they work on it.

BerserkGene
Huh what?

Both Robocop 1 & 2 are GREAT movies,I have no idea why people would say Robocop 2 is a bad sequel.Really,anybody can make a good case on which of the two films is better.Robocop 1 has the luxury of being the original,but Robocop 2 is almost as good and the fight between Robo and Kane was brilliant.(still looks good to this day)

Robocop 3 was pure garbage.Lame-o story,crappy action,and it certainly didn't help that it was PG-13 so it can make a bit more cash.The only good part about it was getting to see Robocop fly with a sweet jetpack.Other than that,the movie JUST PLAIN SUCKS. =/

redcaped
Robocop 3 is great to me...the japanese involved. It just needs CGI to replace the new actors face for the original. Murphy is one person not two.

Deicide
Hobocop

Mac Murphy
Robocop is one of the most easily remembered and best loved movie characters ever! He's in the same league as Rocky, Starwars, The Terminator, Predator and all the other movies that EVERYONE see's at least once in their life. Number 1 was the best. Nothing like Robocop had ever been seen before. Number 2 was also good. It had a lot to live up to but everyone loved the character and so for him to make a second apperance was something we'd all been waiting for. Number 3 was a little souless but I loved the sound track. The prime Directives have their weaknesses for example the predictable opponent Cable but they have made an attempt and its better then number 3.

orbituated
Piter Weller was the best robocop....

Maybe someone will do something similar in the future... at least i hope..
and its sad that he is neglected as an actor in his old days after three great titles like ..
robocop , screamers and naked lunch..

redcaped
I want ED 209 figure...similar to Matrix Revolution robots or Aliens.

2D_MASTER
Glad to see im not the only one who thinks that the first two Robocop movies kicked fawking arse. The Murphy's death scene still makes me cringe today! nice grosteque special effect, just fawking BRUTAL.

superman41082
Yes this movie rocks!!! Awesome premise, great action, and unparalelled one-liners(yes even surpassing The Godfather's one-liners). Just a cool flick, especially for guys. It's an underrated story for what goes on, too. A cyborg remembering his human parts is just cool, especially when he kicks arse and says things like, "Dead or alive you are coming with me."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.