"The Running Man"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
A movie that predates the whole reality television craze. Long before Survivor and The Amazing Race, Richard Dawson hosted "The Running Man". A smart, socially aware, and at times funny Sci Fi flick loaded with Arnie one-liners from one Mr. Ben Richards.

Anyone a fan?

SnakeEyes
Never seen it... Is it worth a watch?

Cinemaddiction
I'd say. It'e even better now, especially with all the Reality T.V.crap. It's almost like a prediction of what we'd ending up loving for entertainment, just not people killing one another on television, lol.

Wolfie
You mean the Arnold Schwarzenegger film? I saw it like once and loved it. I should watch it again. It's not as good as Total Recall but still really good.

Cinemaddiction
I think I liked the overall idea more than the movie. Arnie looked kinda odd with the beard. Also, exploding shock collars, I believe, began in "The Running Man", which were later used in "Battle Royale".

pr1983
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I think I liked the overall idea more than the movie. Arnie looked kinda odd with the beard. Also, exploding shock collars, I believe, began in "The Running Man", which were later used in "Battle Royale".

They did i think...

great movie... one that people tend to forget in favour of total recall sadly...

b-dan
its cool for 2 reasons its based on one of my fave authors books(stephen king) and arnolds in it

wuTa
good flick....very underrated but that could be do to the fact that king kong bundy is in it

Johnlindsey289
Awesome movie, one of my all time favorites! I own that wickedly awesome 2-Disc special edition on DVD, i think this movie is Arnold Schwartzenger's only cult movie with a cult following.

If you enjoy this movie, i recommend these other "Running Man"-like movies you might enjoy:

" Battle Royale".
" The Fifth Element".
" Blade Runner".
" Dark City".
" Total Recall".
" Commando".
"Escape from New York".
" Rock & Rule".
" Heavy Metal".
" Akira".
" Rollerball ( Original)".
" Death Race 2000".
" Videodrome".
"Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky".
" The Matrix".
" Tron".

Darth_Big_Boy
Great flick. I actually rememebr seeing it in the theatre when I was a youngin.

zombieman
"How bout a light?" - Hilarious.

Darth Odious
The story by King is a little different(better too) but I still love the movie with Arnold struggling with the english language as he pumps out those badass one liners.
" That sure hit the spot."
" He had to spilt."

Smasandian
No the best line is, " Hey, Christmas tree"

ComeGetSum!
The Running Man kicks ass!

Big Arnold at his Best.

Those collar things have been ripped of so many times from this movie!

Zilverz
i love this movie ... definately an arnold classic .. the opening scene sets you up perfect to see how fawked up the future is. worth owning on DVD for sure

NoDefeat
I think Running Man is his best film. The lines are thick and fast and lots of guest appearances. Though Terminator was good as well. I think I got a bit bored like most people of him playing the same role in every movie with the same one liners but Running Man is still great and I must watch it again soon smile

barand1
great movie, love it!

does anyone know if it has/will get a special edition like R1 on DVD over in the UK?

Darth Odious
Richard Dawson is basically playing himself I'm sure.

epro
BIG FAN!

y_monkee
mate! that was one bad ass movie!! ... bad as in good cos that movie rocked!

Arnie close to his 80's arse kicking best ... i like the flame thrower guy !

"the butcher from bakersville" LOL

Matrix2021
The Running Man OFCourse Coz It's Stephen King

big gay kirk
The collar thing was also featured in a Return of the Saint episode back in the seventies.... there was also a film from the sixties that featured a similar idea, but I can't remember much about it....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.