Canon or Not Canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wierddreamer213
Ok taking a break from the comic world for a while, and having recently returned to him. i'm a little confused as to what happened and what's going on. the fact that soem of the comic plots apparently 'didn't take' meaning they're not accepted as canon and all comics after them pretend like they didn't happen doesn't help. so maybe some of my questions can be answered by the lovely, helpfully, and God-like knowledgeable folk on the web (line between polite flatery and sarcasim is apparently paper thin), i have a few topics of confusion.

1: Venom: Did Eddie Broke give up the Venome costume and die.

2: Agian Venom: what's with the venom miniseries where the costume is in the artic and eating people (like John Carpenter's Thing monster??)

3: Gwen and Norman Osborn? Ok this is a major one. Sin's Past it was revealed that Gwen and NOrman had...how is the gentlest way of putting this... "done the nasty" and sired 2 fast ageing (about dog year aging) children (fraturnal twins) Sarah and Gaberiel. She gave birth while in Europe shortly before her *kasplat*. which was one of hte reasons Normy chose her to throw off the bridge and not say Aunt May... Now the 2 were raised by Norman Osborn, and while Sarah has abandoned her mission to kill her 'father' (spiderman) Gabe apparently has become Green Goblin III (or IV if you count the guy Norman got to wear the costume so he could fake his death) *pant pant* phew

4: Aunt May: She know's Spider-man=Peter now right?

5: Heard somewhere the Sand-man died?

6: the whole state of MJ and Peter's marriage/relationship thing...lost my score card i used to keep track. Something with Osborn and a plane crash if i heard right? someone fill me in?

if anyone replied and helps me out at all on any of these i really appriciate it.

spank you for your time.

Next Venom_girl
1. Marvel Knights is out of continuity. Thus is not canon.
2. Venom limited series is also out of continuity. """ My brother and I are probably among the few people who liked it. Its featuring a Venom clone released in the arctic, general murder and mayhem and an alien conspiracy to destroy the world. It has Cameos of the original Venom, Spidey, Wolverine, FF, and Nick Fury.

For the rest of the questions, ya' might check:
http://www.spiderfan.org
They've got most of their stuff right. stick out tongue

wierddreamer213
thanks venom girl your post was veeeeeeeeeery helpful

wierddreamer213
thanks venom girl your post was veeeeeeeeeery helpful

doctorstrongbad
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.