Ong Bak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
What do u think

BakaXero
good fight scenes but parts of it looked so fake

Ketchuptome
Hmm.Good point.

Especially the part when he did that split thingie under the car

BakaXero
no i meant actual fight scenes you could tell in some parts that they didnt even make contact... but the rest looked fine

MildPossession
For action and stunts it is an excellent film, I saw it late 2003.

I am looking forwards to the next Tony Ja film. Looks excellent.

Ketchuptome
That movie just came out!!!!!
England must get imports faster

MildPossession
It came out in Asia in 2003. I have relatives in Asia, so that helps.

Ketchuptome
o

MildPossession
Are you looking forwards to the new film?

mike5622
thought that as far as action and stunts go it was excellent. storywise it was fairly generic. not the type of film you need a story to be too deep anyway. just serves to line up some action.

that tony jaa guys amazing. anyone seen that wee show he did at a basketball game? similar stuff to in the film. loads of flips and jumps. really wouldn't think the stuff he does is possible without wires or fx.

Ketchuptome
Maybee.

Freaky Zeeky
Long-ass time

Morpheus
raver when is it coming to dvd in the U.S raver

Freaky Zeeky
I dunno,you tell me.

Morpheus
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
I dunno,you tell me.
I'LL FIND OUT

Freaky Zeeky
Good. thumb up

Onikirimaru
It was good, it seemed to have a different feel to it than other MA films. Good fight scenes made the movie since the story was a big generic. Im also a big Tai kickboxing fan so I loved it.

Morpheus
Good. thumb up raver Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior
Release date: 8/30/05 raver

Freaky Zeeky
cool

Gemini no Saga
Good "Muay thai" movie, and Tony Jaa is very impressive(fighting style and stunts).
I liked the "survival mode" in the pub, versus the bad, the funny boy and the crazy guy... big grin

I hope Tony Jaa will be even better in his new movie :

Tom-yum-Goong

Trailer

Freaky Zeeky
Will this movie be released in America?

jnr hiphop
This movie is awsome.

Gemini no Saga
Will this movie be released in America?
I don't know...wait&see wink

Freaky Zeeky
laughing out loud loco

JacopeX
I need to see this movie!!!! I heard they dont use any computer to making this movie and they do these crazy martial arts moves.

Freaky Zeeky
It's true too! Buy it on boothleg!

JacopeX
Hell no. Ill suck! Im gonna pay good money for the real one!

Freaky Zeeky
Oh,soft.

JacopeX
?

Freaky Zeeky
You gotta get the good boothlegs

JacopeX
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JacopeX
New sig, guess who it is.

Freaky Zeeky
Uhh...."Soul Of A Hustler"?

Lady_Jade
I thought the entire film was really good. The fight scenes were awesome and the story was interesting.

Freaky Zeeky
Indeed

JacopeX
Uhh...."Soul Of A Hustler"?

Nah! let me give you a hint. The black album.

G.P
Please keep it to the topic.

MildPossession
The film makers used a little cgi apparently, but not a lot.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by JacopeX
Nah! let me give you a hint. The black album.

embarrasment is it a jay-z song?

JacopeX
yea, interlude

....Now lets get back in topic...Thats how I do!

Yo but no they did not use one little piece of computer in the movie and everything was realistic. I saw in the internet. LOL.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Ong Bak 2 is coming out in Asia this month...

JacopeX
WHAT?!?!?!?! damn foreign movies. They come to america very late.

Yo I got a new sig again

MildPossession
Eh, what are you going on about, there is no Ong Bak 2. Unless you mean Tom Yum Goong roll eyes (sarcastic)

JacopeX
Pheww....

Fanboy
Does anyone have a picture of the fights only I can really judge how good the fights were.

JacopeX
Yo Ong Bak comes out in video tommorow!!! August 30 in a video store near you!!!! BUY IT!!! hahaha!!!

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by JacopeX
WHAT?!?!?!?! damn foreign movies. They come to america very late.

Yo I got a new sig again

laughing out loud

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by MildPossession
Eh, what are you going on about, there is no Ong Bak 2. Unless you mean Tom Yum Goong roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eh, Tom Yum Goong is Ong Bak 2, for all intent and purpose. Thanks for coming out.

MildPossession
Not officially an Ong Bak 2 since Tony Jaa is playing a different person to the character in Ong Bak... It's just called Tom Yum Goong: Ong Bak 2 on one title version... but yes more or less an Ong Bak 2 lol.

Sword is Tony Jaas next movie, can't wait to find out more about it.

Inspectah Deck
Sounds interesting

sdfgsa
Was the subtitles made for the mentally insane and/or deaf people? Am I the only one that has to endure stupid subtitles like (techno music stops) or (grunting) or (techno music continues)? Do I have some retard feature turned on or something?

faradayslaw
Love the movie, I'll definetly be watching any new Tony Jaa movies.

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by sdfgsa
Was the subtitles made for the mentally insane and/or deaf people? Am I the only one that has to endure stupid subtitles like (techno music stops) or (grunting) or (techno music continues)? Do I have some retard feature turned on or something?

The subtitles were incredibly poorly done. There were some that read "Speaking Thai", which was pretty ****ing obvious, given that's the origin of the film. Really bad soundtrack, which didn't compliment the movie at all, but neither did the bad acting and cliche Kung Fu movie cinematography and cast of villains and heroes.

Tony Jaa's athleticism was the only highlight of an otherwise incredibly disappointing, and totally overhyped movie that stretched a paper thin plot even thinner than imaginable.

Inspectah Deck
Rate it from 1 through 10

Cinemaddiction
4/10 from me.

Mandorallen
3/10 not my kind of flick.

MildPossession
5/10 for the action but get rid of the rubbish editing, apparently there is less action in the new Jaa movie according to reviews... I read more action months ago, tut tut.

cal31
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The subtitles were incredibly poorly done. There were some that read "Speaking Thai", which was pretty ****ing obvious, given that's the origin of the film. Really bad soundtrack, which didn't compliment the movie at all, but neither did the bad acting and cliche Kung Fu movie cinematography and cast of villains and heroes.

Tony Jaa's athleticism was the only highlight of an otherwise incredibly disappointing, and totally overhyped movie that stretched a paper thin plot even thinner than imaginable. I don't think anybody ever said that the acting or the plot or the overall film was great at all. The sole reason a lot of people liked this film was because of Tony Jaa and the potential he showed in it.

Deathblow
Woah, didn't know there was a foreign movies forum shock

As a martial arts movie, it was excellent, great fights, great choreography, great stunts. 8/10 for action, surely.

T.M
The action in this movie was IMO great. seeing as though it was a full contact movie it was great. (by full contact i mean all hits were real although some protection was used for the hits to the head and some of the body hits)

this movie was never going to be about plot, it is all about the action.

for me a rating of about 7/10

MERCILOUS
This movie was freaking great.

Obviously not a movie about plot, the main character was such an inexperienced actor that he had almost no lines but...

9/10!!!

I learned there's nothing you can't do with the Muy Thai!!!

Fanboy
Good movie but some down faults to it I think that is how you say it action takes to long and this was not the only movie with realy contact.

justdecent
Normally I'm not a huge Kung Fu movie fan but the fight scenes in this were just insane and some of the humor was killing me.

Yeah, some of the parts looked fake, but the obvious stuff was supposed to look fake, like the fat guy jumping over the knives.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Deathblow
Woah, didn't know there was a foreign movies forum shock

As a martial arts movie, it was excellent, great fights, great choreography, great stunts. 8/10 for action, surely.

laughing out loud

jerlark386
Tony Jaa kicks ass.

Pandemoniac
Checked it out last weekend! Sure, the storyline is thinner than the bottom of my 5 year old socks, alike the acting. But I have to say Goddamnn!!! That is some serious funky ass-kicking mr. Jaa performs there! There are so much superb fights in this movie to make up for it's flaws and then more. I loved it!

Deano
you dont watch these kinda films for story line. well i dont anyway.

Pandemoniac
Correct you are! Most attempts to bring in a storyline in movies like this are eventually just boring and redundant pauses between that ass-whooping we go and watch the movie for.
Save the blablabla for soap-opera's and get on with kicking hiny!

MildPossession
The second Tony Jaa film is out on dvd now, but it's only got chinese subtitles...

IvoryGeisha
I really liked it but it's not in my top 10 favs...8/10

feral cat
I love martial arts films and Tony Jaa is great, but the film is poor ... ends up being just Ok IMO 5/10

Silverstein
since Im of thai descendent i love this movie :P and Tom Yum Goong, SOOO good, hate the voiceovers though.

the acting and story stuff, ill say its not THAT great, its a movie where the action is just THAT damn good, that you wont care about the acting at all in my opinion 8.5/10

Lord Shadow Z
It's okay, the humor was good in it but the fight scenes were all more or less the the same except maybe for the final one which was a brutal fight to watch. Some things dragged on in the film too long for me and I got to admit, I expected more considering the good reviews it got.

ladygrim
Its not to bad i did lose intrest part way through tho erm

Solo
It's absolutely terrible, one of the worst martial arts film I've ever seen.

Affinity
Originally posted by Solo
It's absolutely terrible, one of the worst martial arts film I've ever seen.

Neglect.

taste_u
edited

K.Diddy
beer Fairly Decent movie,the fight scenes were great,but apart from that there isn't much more to say 7/10

Grate the Vraya
I found it on netflix one day. I was not impressed.

Catfurry
Tony Jarr is quality!

Darth Piggott
Originally posted by K.Diddy
beer Fairly Decent movie,the fight scenes were great,but apart from that there isn't much more to say 7/10

Yea I loved the fighting scenes, other than that the movie was meh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.