Wot do you think?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MCElite
For part of my english aural assignment I have to take part in a paired debate and my topic is "do graphic" movies have too much influence over peoples actions and should they be banned?" i am against the banning but id like to hear your any veiws for and against that i can include in my research (help me i only have today nd tomorrow to prepare.....!)

yerssot
graphic movies? you mean violance?

BarmyBrummie
Graphic as in violent movies right?

BarmyBrummie
damn i was late >.<

HelioAngel
lol laughing out loud

MCElite
violence er pretty much anything that would cause a person to act strangr i guess ....... like those people who went out and recreated the Texas chain saw massacre...

yerssot
I would say a firm NO: violent movies do not create evil people that go on a rampage

it's the nutcases that "florish" by seeing these things that do such things

HelioAngel
well, although you hear/read/watch in the news about certain individuals who have killed or used violence because they were supposedly driven to it by watching something violent (or even playing a violent videogame!), it's still only one 'explanation' of why they did it. Most of the time, there are other reasons to explain why these individuals did what they did and other sources may have driven them to use violence anyway (maybe the same reasons if another person went and used violence for some other reason, not because they watched something violent). Even if watching a violent movie doesn't cause someone to copy it, the person may still be violent no matter what...cuz of other matters.
i don't really believe that anyway, that watching violent movies etc causes a person to be violent, although it may give them ideas of doing the violent acts...but if they're naturally a violent person then they would have ended up doing it anyway.

wuTa
i'd say no too..... i grew up in a violent household and me and my brothers have never gone on any crazy violent rampages...the thing is....that human beings are violent by nature...violence has been around since the beginning of time....there were no tvs when romans sacrificed christians or when the south had slaves

HelioAngel
and no matter how civilised we all think we are, we are still 'animals'

silver_tears
For me this stems from a art debate in the art forum. Who's to say what is violent and what is tame. I mean by today standards the horror movies of the past are lame, so who's to say what the future holds. raver

I mean something horrific and violent for one person may be lame for another. Not to mention that life isn't all about sunshine and roses, why depict and censor a normal part of life, no matter where you are from you will one day witness a form of violence. sad

As stated we are all still animals at heart, as long as there are people on the planet there will be some form of violence and disagreement. erm

However that being said, I don't think they should go too overboard. For example the Passion of Christ movie, it was very important if not essential for the violence in it to prove the point of the film. On the other hand movies that use gore and blood to make more money are too much. Violence in movies can be tolerated in moderate doses. Don't go overboard, but don't lie about the human condition. big grin

MCElite
Thank you all ur views where gr8 and i just thought id tell u i got an A / A* so yay and thank you again *is eternally greatful* smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.