Concerts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
Recently my friends and i have become more interested in going to rock concerts. we went to a green day concert and hope to go to a taste of chaos concert soon.

what concerts have you been to, and rate them on a scale of 1-10, and tell why.

smittenkitten
Cake - 7. I was in seventh grade, and I don't remember it being especially good or bad, so it was probably all right. Oh, and Geggy Tah opened for them - obviously, that gives it extra cool points.

Pantera - 10. They sounded great, even though Phil was totally shitfaced.

Bad Religion (twice) - 7.

Metallica - 10. Not only was it a spectacle, but they just kept playing and playing and playing. I definitely got my money's worth.

Godsmack - 5. Their ridiculous, tyrannical US propoganda really brought it down a notch for me.

Jethro Tull - 6. But it gets a low rating because I was under 21, and thus, was confined to the seats, and also because I was really ill. I really just shouldn't rate this one, I was totally out of it.

A Perfect Circle (twice) - 10. Both times. No explanation needed.

Green Day (twice) - 8. Good entertainers.

Blue Oyster Cult - 8. For a state fair, they rocked the outdoor amphitheatre in broad daylight!

The Pixies - 10. No explanation needed.

Beastie Boys - 10. No explanation needed.

Cypress Hill - 7. I just got the impression they were ripped out of their minds.

Queens of the Stone Age - 7. Meh. They were all right.

White Stripes - 7. I love their music, but they were kind of lackluster.

Blink182 - 7? I can barely remember this concert. I think I may have seen them twice - once when they were barely known, once when they were. But I can't be sure.

That's all I can think of for now.

I love concerts. I love the opera. I love the symphony. I love anything where music is performed. Go to everything you can get tickets to.

-Smitten Kitten-

hh?
my suggestions:

Bach

Mendelssohn

Aram Khacaturian

Mozart

MF Doom

thumb up

Libertine
Funeral for a friend- 8/10 really interesting to watch but nothing great

Iron Maiden- 9/10 really fantastic so amazing

Ash- 9/10 Really cool

The Darkness- 9/10 really mint live

New found glory- 6/10 I got bored half way through

Greenday- 10/10 Absoulty the best concert ive ever been to ever!

Df02
way too god damn many to name lol

Libertine
Just do what did, and chose specific ones.

Df02
Smashing Pumpkins (last ever UK show) 7/10 - was a pretty average show when i was there, but the more i look back the more i appreciate being there.

Alec Empire 10/10 - seen him going on 8times now and just cant get enough...everytime he's just pure quality, energetic stage presence and good sound quality

Deftones (with APC) 8/10 - was ok, thought APC were bit weak and kinda boring after a while.... but Deftones were stunning, only grouch is they didnt do Passenger

Local Hardcore all-dayer 7/10 - not allowed to do local shows? haha... 12 of the best local hardcore bands all in one venue for a 12-12 show.

Slayer 9/10 - just...Slayer!!! haha

Libertine
Cool

Deathblow
I've been to tons, mainly thanks to my cousin and his connections, but I have particular favorites:

System of a Down - 10/10 - Insanely energetic, beautifully performed, Serj threw in tons of ad-libs, and they did hugely extended versions of Sugar and Psycho. And Daron stepped on my hand.

Opeth - 10/10 - The best band in the world, need I say more. The acoustic only performance of Face Of Melinda is the best thing I've ever seen/heard.

Slayer - 10/10 - More exhausting than a marathon through the Sahara.

Static-X - 9.5/10 - Suprisingly tight soundwise, and very funny too. Only slightly let down by their amount of weak material.

Alien Ant Farm/Earshot/Adema/Glassjaw - 9/10 - Never had more fun in my life. AAF were hilarious, Glassjaw were frighteningly perfect.

Slipknot/Kittie/Willhaven - 9/10 - Slipknot killed, Kittie sucked (but weren't on for very long thankfully), Willhaven killed even more than Slipknot.

Metallica/Deftones - 9/10 - Best opening act I've ever seen, I'd almost forgotten it was Metallica I'd come to see by the time 'Tones had finished.

Lacuna Coil - 8/10 - Andrea is frustratingly wooden, which let them down quite a lot, but the band were CD perfect, and Cristina was much more powerful than she seems on the records. Plus she was wearing that hot red & black thing which trails over her arms.

Dr. Strangelove
My friend got to see Blackalicious...bastard. sad

I've seen Cake, it was a good concert especially since it was free and getting to see "The Distance" played live is something I will always cherish.

I've also saw Coolio during Gray Davis first inauguration(yes I know, I'm patheticno expression) . From what I remember, I'm pretty sure he didn't rap "Ugly Bitches" at the inauguration. laughing out loud

PunisherFan33
the best concert in the world is the SLIPKNOT & LAMB OF GOD concert

eggmayo
i saw audioslave live on a beach once, at the surfing thing in newquay... ripcurl boardmasters...

loserib
there is no way i can list all the concerts ive been to i catch about three or four a month

SlipknoT
Originally posted by PunisherFan33
the best concert in the world is the SLIPKNOT & LAMB OF GOD concert droolio

DaX-Man
The latest concert that came here was Rod Stewert thumb down I can't wait for Motley Crue |..| Nice

waspluver
you are damn right!!

Morning_Glory
Motley Crue is coming here too.. but I could care less... I would rather see Rod Stewart...

if this was 1988 or something then yea I would die to see Motley Crue .,... but it isnt!..confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.