AOTC Soundtrack poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
across the stars

yerssot
heared none of them

haakun
across the stars, of course.

He-Man
Confrontation with Count Dooku and the Finale.
Because of Imperial March. It sounds great.

Across the Stars is great too.

Julie
haven't hear any of 'em yet.

mah
me neither, not going to listen to it before the cd is released. got to have the real thing!

Julie
yea, when is the cd going to be released?...

mah
this month, I think....?

yerssot
April 23; WITH the novelisation and the toys

Julie
Wow, I'm going to be spending a lot of money around April 23 ..... sad I need to get a job!

mah
toys toys toys toys!!! wooooo! plastic lightsabre!! wooooo rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
I'm getting the standard blue one, with any luck...

don't want the Dooku one, I can't handle that one, and OB1's is probably more expansive then the standard ones wich feature: blue, green, red and purple

mah
well you can't buy a boring standard, I'm getting one of the specials, waaaay cooler, waaay more authentic!

yerssot
waaaaaay more money wink

wich one?
well, perhaps OB1's here too, depends on the price

mah
I'm not sure whether to choose ob1's or dooku's. that's the big question.

yerssot
well, that curved handle is something I DON'T like about a sabre

mah
have you not listened to what ush said?

yerssot
who? big grin

nah, I just smile and nod...wink

DarthKris
I voted for the love theme cause I have not heard any other song yet... big grin

Ushgarak
Yerss can't help it if he has no taste in good sabres...

mah
I've listened to 'Confrontation with Count Dooku and the Finale' and it's great, and it gives me great expectations for the whole soundtrack, as I've only listened to this one.

Volundro Ramm
AOTC action figures are available to by already in England in Forbidden Planet stores and they look pretty well made considering some of the old remakes of Luke etc look like they've been pumping iron since 1977. The only ones available though are Jango Fett(sweet), Zam Wessell and some R2 unit with some weird blue plastic rapped aroung it(huh?).

Julie
I jsut ordered the soundtrack so I'll get it a few days late, but I think I'll listen to it before the movie comes out

yerssot
you evil you!

Julie
not evil ...just impatient wink ....Like I said before....the movie will be ten times better than just the soundtrack or just the book or just the toys....

yerssot
but what if it's not?

Julie
hmmm then I guess I'll be sad...and go on with my life
I think it'll be good...though it might not live up to really really high standards....TPM fell short mostly b/c people's standards were set too high.

ToMacco
I only herd Across the Stars.

Isn't a video supposed to come out? When is that?

DarthKris
the clip is supposed to be out in a few days (tommorrow?) and will be shown on mtv and vh1

ToMacco
I don't want to miss that.

DarthKris
me either

yerssot
check the other thread for an answer

Mujaffa
next thirsday, mesa buying soundtrack

queeq
Will it be out in Europe as well on that date?

ToMacco
They're only sending 8Tracks to Europe.

queeq
It's coming out on August 29th..... 6 days later than in the US.

And 8tracks never made it to Europe.... that dumb thing only exists in the US.

Julie
sad is that the one I ordered....

yerssot
check it then!

Julie
I will as soon as it comes in wink

ToMacco
I bought the soundtrack today.

I really like the "Chase through Corousant" track. It really got me fired up to see the movie.

queeq
Is it me or is there a lack of distinct themes. Except for the love theme (across the stars) of course.... but I found it very actionpacked but also a bit short on strong themes. And few of the old SW themes.

ToMacco
Yeah. It's not that good. John Williams is slippin' a little bit.

And I only heard ONE theme from Episode I. I thought this would be full of those.

The only theme it repeated was the Love Theme.

mah
filmtracks.com says ''Attack of the Clones is both a fantastic score and a worthy entry into the Star Wars saga. It is Williams at his best, and its performance in the film undoubtedly will be just as powerful for audiences as it will be for listeners to the album.''.....but also mentions ''In fact, there are no noteworthy subthemes presented here in Attack of the Clones, which limits its enjoyability on album.''

ToMacco
I think this is the worst soundtrack in the SW series.

mah
have to mention that it actually get 5 out of 5 stars on filmtracks.com....

''But even from the music on this album, and the unique universe it brings to your stereo, you can easily tell that Williams is still on top of his game. Star Wars is back, and even with its flaws, it's still better than 99.9% of everything else.
Music as written for the film: *****
Music as presented on album: ****
Overall rating: *****''

ToMacco
I think it's boring, for the most part.

Julie
go with Dooku's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.