Where do I get gunpowder?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cosmic_Beings
I have a great idea for a helicopter firecracker, but where the hell do you buy gunpowder?

SlipknoT
A gun store? or just buy a lot of fireworks and take the powder out of them

Kaleanae
Next time use a search engine messed

Cosmic_Beings
I did use a search engine, but nothing came up

Darth Revan
Do what Slip said and take the powder out of a bunch of firecrackers... Or go to a gun store.

Uber_God
any1 know any basic crap to create powder?
only way i can get to firecrackers is through 2 states

Clovie
carbon plus KMnO4

blink i don't know it is working, i've read it in some book erm

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm. It's theoretically not that hard to create gunpowder, however depending on the purpose it is quiet possible that the stuff from a fire arms store (primarily for recharging spent cartridges) might not be the best for fire works (based upon different consistencies of basic ingredients). Ah, not that I have tried before whistle

This site though gives some basics

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/ht/gunpowder.htm

Note - this site is primarily for general knowledge.

Filth
if you want to make homemade gun powder use the Anarchists Cook Book

eleveninches
Get gunpowder from a gunpowder shop

Morning_Glory
go to Wal mart...no expression

Uber_God
sort of out of range of a walmart, being in australia and all :P
and the australia thing means we dont get to buy guns unles for hunting 3rd they prob wont trust some1 my age with gunpowder

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Filth
if you want to make homemade gun powder use the Anarchists Cook Book I live by that book droolio

jaden101
im sure the FBI aren't crawling all over this forum now...thanks for that laughing out loud

Matrix_man
finely divided carbon (soot) plus salt peter (potassium manganate) plu sulphur powder. carbon is the fuel, salt peter provides the oxygen and sulphur gives the spark. mix em REAL good, but NOT in a metallic container with a metal spoon or sumthin. gunpowder! muck aorund with the ratio of quantities to get a faster or slower burn...add iron and aluminium filings to make it extra hot...

WindDancer
This is more like OTF material.

Moving....

GCG
my great great great grandfather had a stash of barrells hidden in a mine when he used to dig for gold in the Gold Rushed Klondike.......

Uber_God
EDIT: nvm i got it

Filth
Originally posted by SlipknoT
I live by that book droolio

Who doesn't tho?

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
I have a great idea for a helicopter firecracker, but where the hell do you buy gunpowder?

From me acouse!JM wink 2guns

NicktheBassist
my dad said that when he was a kid (he had a big hunting family) they used to take full bullet and put in a vice, then pull out the slug with plyers. then they would harvest the powder from that.

*NOTE*- this is extremely dangerous, i am surprised my dad and his buddies didn't get shot.

Uber_God
The anarchists cook book helps

its distubing but still helps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.