How does he change. Chancellor Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iknowkungfu
New guy here but I have watched the 2nd trailer about 10 times and my main question is, when Mace Windu comes to arrest Chancellor Palpatine, and then Chancellor Palpatine attacks Mace Windu and other Jedi's, at this stage I am guessing that he is still in his human form as the Chancellor so when is it exactly that he turns into Darth Sidious. Could it be when Yoda quoted in the other film: blinded by the dark side we have been. Does this mean Yoda and the other jedi's are unable to see the Chancellor as his true form Darth Sidious and could it be at that stage when the Chancellor attacks Mace Windu, that is when he reveals himself as the Sith Master.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanx

Padmé Amidala
Well I think Palpatine has been able to cover up his true form from everyone, not just the Jedi--- but the Jedi were blind to the fact of who he was. I think after what happens to Mace, Palpatine will be in his full Darth Sidious attire thereafter

PVS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t313375.html

ill bet anything he's using the dark side of the force to blind everyone from his true form, just as he blinds the jedi's vision.

Cascador
Jedi not Jedi's!!! sorry it just pisses me off! lol

Padmé Amidala
Much anger in him lol

But yeh, cant wait to see Palpatine reveal his true colours big grin

Cascador
Yes, much anger in me! Like my father! (who is now snoring on the bench)

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t313375.html

search button brings you to that thread above babe smile

Cascador
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
search button brings you to that thread above babe smile

I love it when a girl says babe! Happy Dance

Jedi Priestess
eyes and I'm a woman babe. wink

Padmé Amidala
Geez lol

PVS
Originally posted by Cascador
Jedi not Jedi's!!! sorry it just pisses me off! lol

Originally posted by PVS
...just as he blinds the jedi's vision.

um...read it again. its posessive. as in the vision belonging to the jedi.
'...jedi's vision...' get it?

if your going to be a grammar nazi do it right.
kthx

Cascador
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
eyes and I'm a woman babe. wink

sorry doll (this will get me banned! But I'm willing to take my chances! stick out tongue )

Darth Subjekt
on thin ice, youre treading on, i do beleive.

j/k

Obiwalker08
will his face just be like a POOF change from one scene to another or will it be a gradual change throughout the movie...

Cascador
I guess in one poof, not through the entire movie, cause until now we've only seen palpatine as 2 versions, the human one, and the one like ep VI.

mandalorian_war
i heard something about mace deflecting sids lightning into sids face and thats why he is all freaky

SpawnOfTheSith
Originally posted by Cascador
I guess in one poof, not through the entire movie, cause until now we've only seen palpatine as 2 versions, the human one, and the one like ep VI.
I saw four versions. Ep 1 & 2 Palpatine and Sidious...Ep 3 fat Palptine..and Return of the Jedi version.

smoker4
Originally posted by mandalorian_war
i heard something about mace deflecting sids lightning into sids face and thats why he is all freaky

Lightning of Olay

Spectr4L
Well, I've somewhat concluded from Sam's "Windu doesn't go out like a punk" statement that Windu deals some damage to Sidious before he is defeated by him.

This could very well explain his altered appearance after the Mace/Sidious duel.

Cascador
Originally posted by mandalorian_war

I heard it was actually in Anakin's face, not Sidous'

Apexus
Hey peeps this is my first post. I saw an image a while back, it looked really awful, it was palpatine/sidious as if he was turning towards somthing. It was also a in a room where yoda begins his confrontation i think. Maybe when Yoda says (not exact quote) " At last we meet, chancellor palpatine, or should i say Darth Sidious", is the the point where palpatine drops his goody chancellor image and when turing towards yoda begins a transformation into Sidious. Maybe this is was the image looked soo crap to me because it was only the begining of his transformation.

((The_Anomaly))
i think its a number of various things. mace does deal some damage to palpatine before he gets killed. however, as we have seen using the dark side of the force causes a change in apperance for everyone. usually turning thier skin grey and making thier eyes turn yellow. (as vader also was like this in ROTJ) and in the KOTOR games the same thing happens. i just think that when palpatine is attacked by windu he is forced to use an extreme amount of his power. which is obviously from the darkside of the force. so he turns grey and blah looking. bt his final apperance looks a lot worse then just him turning grey, and thins prolly comes from the yoda sidious duel. as yoda is most likley gonna inflict a lot more damage then mace did. so its a factor of many things i think.

Apexus
However he changes its gonna Totally cool to see it happen. I agree that maybe some damage is done during the windu fight, few saber cuts here and there, a lil off the top laughing . Do you guys think Sidious has the most Darkside distorted face out of all the sith we've seen so far? (not including Maul)

SpawnOfTheSith
I can understand the darkside causing his face to disfigure. But why is he so fat. When he was with Maul and Dooku, Sidious was the same size as he was in Jedi.

Cascador
Maul had not really a changed face, he was tatoed cause he enjoyed pain, but the only thing that changed were his eyes, like with Anakin. Anakin's skin doesn't change.

((The_Anomaly))
no, ur right, but anakin and maul are not nearly as powerful as palpatine, nor do they have an extreme connection to the darkside. and anakins face does change, just it takes a while. (look in ROTJ, his face is also grey, just not as messed up looking)

((The_Anomaly))
ohhh. and as for that palpatine being fat thing.....

i think thats just a combonation of makeup and the robe that hes wearing at the time. thats all

Apexus
Yeah i agree ^^^^^ i dont think it could be a Darkside things that makes him fat. He does wear an excedinly drowning cloak. Theres a few shots in the trailer where he looks normal size (Throwing Senate pods at yoda).

Padmé Amidala
Yeh Palpatine looks a little.... beefier in ROTS, but he's younger than he was in ROTJ, he's older and more frail then

Slytherin Girl
Jedis were too blind, sometimes we can say they were arrogant
and they thought that they have all under control inclusive Palpatine.
But they didn't know Palpatine's plans...

Why does Palpatine changes?
Well, thats the Darkside ^^ is eating him xD

DenKi
But Just think what its gonna be like when we see Palpetine CHANGE into Sidious, it will be crazy unless he just turns around then hes changed

Padmé Amidala
Just have to wait and see

Cascador
No...I'm sure you will see him change...just like with Anakin's eyes...

Smegulated
maybe hes a changeling like Zam in epiosde 2

Padmé Amidala
Mmmm, I doubt it. Interesting idea tho. But remember, there's still alot we dont know about the Darkside of the Force, but we'll find out more...

Obi-OneManShow
Do you guys think the change will be anything like King Theoden morphing to become fitter and younger in Lord of the Rings, or the old man at the end of Saving Private Ryan morphing into Matt Damon? Meaning not an instant but a slow but noticable change.

Cascador
not really like that, it says that he can hide his Force powers, thus the normal appearance, but when he uses his Force powers he gets to transform. That is why Yoda never feels something around him altho you can see that Yoda is suspicious in the beginning of ep II like palp knew what Amidala was going to say, altho it could also be a coincidence....yes a slow but noticable change...

Obi-OneManShow

Padmé Amidala
I had thought of that in the past. Same as he did in Episode II with Yoda, the fight with Dooku was clearly a set up for what we will see in Episode III

Obi-OneManShow
Indeed... sometimes I feel the SW saga only needs 4 episodes: ROTS, ANH, ESB & ROTJ. Because the OT episodes are more independent, whereas TPM and AOTC contain so much set up (a lot of them very great, mind you)

Things like:
Maul (young & quick & impatient) + Dooku (wiser & more elegant) + Grievous (more machine than man or alien in this case) = Anakin/Vader
The Yoda/Dooku duel you just mentioned.
And of course the little puns like "we'll be watching your career with great interest" and "why do I have the feeling you're going to be the dead of me?"

ctsketch
Pablo Says that is not a transformation, its something like Palps getting his own amplified deflected lighting thrown right back at him, its supposed to have been a very powerful attack

Padmé Amidala
I never heard of this, what was the rumour exactly?

ctsketch
it was posted on TF.N (there goes credibility) a whule ago some excerpts from Ask Pablo I believe

Padmé Amidala
Never heard of it

Obi-OneManShow
Against Palpatine, a big ass mirror, Yoda holds...

Cascador
now it was something totally different...palp fires force lightning and mace deflects it into Anakin's face...that was the rumor...

Obi-OneManShow
I was taking the piss, Cascador

Cascador
wasn't talking about what you said, but ctsketch

Obi-OneManShow
oh ok then

*puts hood back on and walks towards binary sunset*

SpawnOfTheSith
Since Palpy has turned into such a Fatty McFatstein, I assume Lucas will provide some type of backstory for his shocking and disgusting weight gain. Will we see him Force-eat? Do you think he is trying to eat Yoda during the senate chamber fight? Will we see him force-bm the massive quantums of biscuits and gravey he has been shoving down his pie-hole?

Cascador
euhm was that suppose to be funny?

Padmé Amidala
I guess so messed

woman_beater69
From what I heard, when Palps kills mace and uses all that lightning to sling the man out a window the Sidious looks just flows into his face and eyes like water in a glass. Check MilleniumFalcon.com. They're right mostly all of the time anyway. He was hiding this true visage but uses it as an excuse in the senate to make them believe the jedi used evil sorcery on him.

Cascador
that makes sense, and yes some of these facts or spoilers/rumors I heard them before but not all

Lord Tyrant
Palpatine + Getting Pissed = Vampire Look
Vampire Look + Yoda = Wrinkled Bastard.
---------------------------------------------------

smile I know.

woman_beater69
If you look at my avator you should be pleased with the way Palps looks in the movie's final shots. The make-up is 100% better than in Return of the Jedi. Add the lighting and the backdrop and you have kickass atmosphere.

Sith Master X
I thought Palpy's appearance had nothing to do with lightning? It's just his acutal appearance that he manages to hide by using the force. At least that's what I had assumed.

woman_beater69
I'm talking about the makeup work. Some have criticized it but when placed within the context of the film i think it looks fine.

my thoughts on the 'hiding his true face' issue are above...

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Sith Master X
I thought Palpy's appearance had nothing to do with lightning? It's just his acutal appearance that he manages to hide by using the force. At least that's what I had assumed.

That's my understanding of it too...

knightzi
Hi im technicaly new here cause this is my first post, but a long time observer. but after seeing the final trailer for God knows how many times i had to add something. when Windu comes in to arrest Palpatine u can see him dressed in red. and in another scene when Yoda is about to get shocked by D.Sidious u can see somone is lying next to Yoda wearing red. now my question is that if thats Palpatin lying next to Yoda, after Yoda taking care of him wink. and then D.Sidious sneaks behind Yoda and suprises him with his lightning ..

i didnt know how to upload the pic but i used them as my signature.
tell me what u guys think??

Mist
Originally posted by iknowkungfu
New guy here but I have watched the 2nd trailer about 10 times and my main question is, when Mace Windu comes to arrest Chancellor Palpatine, and then Chancellor Palpatine attacks Mace Windu and other Jedi's, at this stage I am guessing that he is still in his human form as the Chancellor so when is it exactly that he turns into Darth Sidious. Could it be when Yoda quoted in the other film: blinded by the dark side we have been. Does this mean Yoda and the other jedi's are unable to see the Chancellor as his true form Darth Sidious and could it be at that stage when the Chancellor attacks Mace Windu, that is when he reveals himself as the Sith Master.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanx

all will be revealed in ep3. there are no answers, so wait, and watch and be blown away......

Imaginary
I like Palpy's makeup in ROTJ... in the trailer it just looks wrong for some reason.

Mist
the makeup guys sneezed and went 'whoops'. but they didnt tell ian how bad it looked.

Uber_God
You guys played SW:KOTOR or KOTOR2?
or even fable?
the more evil you become the more evil apperance you have,
might be palpatine who slaughters the younglings

btw any1 who wants to say im wrong of the killing of the younglings go ahead.
but if there is a spoiler and you tell me, please dont i wanna be surprised in the movie.

DARTH STEVIOUS
I have heard that mace hits his lightning back at sidious and he falls to the ground making an awful sound like he was really hurt. Mace runs over to see if he was okay being a jedi !!!. He looks at mace and sidious says he give up, with a look of an old frail man that he is then anakin enters the room to see what was happening as mace looks up to anakin sidous changes form to the evil twisted darth sidious and pushes mace out of the window killing him.

AmtrackE
I think that the Chancellor has been changing everyday because if you look at Darth Sidous under the cloak inn episode 2 he doesnt look that old and hidious but after he attacks mace i do and can believe something will happen

Padmé Amidala
Thats the only thing I have puzzled over--- why in Episodes I and II, when you see Sidious isnt he all old and crumply basically lol

Cascador
Because he had no need of his Dark Side powers. It's the Dark Side of the Force that give him the ugly look. He didn't want to reveal himself yet as he stated.

guiro72
i've heard a couple of official "hints", but then i seem to remember pablo making a rectractment, because they changed something....i think it was to do with this....i was going to mention the rumour stevious mentioned too....can't remember details, but he was definitely on the floor, and when he raised his head he was twisted....basically, lots of theories, no conclusive spoilers, so answer is wait and see still....i was confused by how bad the sidious makeup looked in trailer when says "all jedi are now enemies of the republic"....another shot he's a disturbing shade of blue....most finished shots i've seen look good so far though....the shots with hood in the senate, can anyone make out the makeup properly here?....

Darth Plegueis
I got the impression that when Anakin walks in, he sees 3 dead Jedi, Palpatine on his knees, and Mace standing over him with a lit saber. And the Palps tells Ani to help him like "See? The Jedi have betrayed me?"

Darth Plegueis
This goads Anakin into attacking Mace, and THEN Palps reverts to Sidious for the final time (no need to go back to Palps after that) finishes Mace, revealing himself to Anakin, who then makes his fatefull decision.

guiro72
sounds familiar....

Darth Plegueis
Maybe his true look, the really hideous, bad teeth one comes out the most when he is exerting offensive energies during battle, and less energy concealing his features.Would explain the slightly less hideous appearences in 1,2,5 and 6.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
The more evil you get, the more twisted you become...the more awfull/scary your appearance will be...just like in real life.
People who are very much corrumpted by evil don't look very sweet to me(you can see hate, fear, death or evil emotions in someone's eyes).
But also, some people are very clever at hiding their true motives/intentions...(hello, does this ring a bell?).

I mean, look at Episode6...Palps looks very relaxed and much in comfort at the sight of Luke Skywalker struggling against him.
But in the end, when he can't seem to turn Luke, his appearance becomes very hideous again and his eyes yellow up even more and his face becomes very devilish again.
(The basic characteristic for an evil-do-er is always coward-like, fear of critizism, thus not controlling anger or hate).
If you look at Episode3 Palps/Sidious so far from what we've seen on screenshots and the trailers...his physical appearance changes throughout the movie...thus his evil-stage changes throughout the course of actions!

Sorry if you guys think huh or What the f**k?? (I read psychological books a lot!)

Darth Plegueis
I think those ideas can all tie in together.

ctsketch
Darth Sidious did not look old at all in Episode I and II if you look at his chin and mouth its skin is about the same as Senator/Chancellor Palpatine

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Originally posted by Darth Plegueis
I think those ideas can all tie in together.

Exactly!

Why is it so hard for people to understand...I just can't grasp that.
It's basic (SW-)knowledge/psychology to my understandings!

FFS...........

Spectr4L
Well, Sidious has the evil crooked look early in the Clone Wars cartoon, so that somewhat dispells any rumors of Mace causing his face to be that way.

whitewookie
are the clone war cartoons considered canon as old lucas had involvement?

Cascador
Yes and no...I mean look at Grievous, he's way too big in it!

Gundark
They say 'if George films it, its canon". Can't really make a call on the cartoons...I think that falls under EU (as George also has to approve the storylines in all the EU novels).

Anybody else agree along that line ?

shaber
he was warped by the dark forces so I suppose it's a gradual thing.

Darth Plegueis
Originally posted by Gundark
They say 'if George films it, its canon". Can't really make a call on the cartoons...I think that falls under EU (as George also has to approve the storylines in all the EU novels).

Anybody else agree along that line ? I would tend to agree, except that they are touting next weeks cartoons as leading directly into the Episode 3 crawl.

SpawnOfTheSith
Hello everybody, I just wanted to let every fan know that I don't like the way Sidious looks and that I was more pleased if they let him look like the Sidious from TPM and AOTC. He is FAT, he is wearing a STUPID outfit, his face looks like a MASK, his eyes are very DIFFERENT from Palpatine's eyes in ROTJ.

I WANT TO KNOW WHO SHARES MY OPINION!?!?!!?!?

cylob49
in the trailer clip where Palpatine is facing Windu with the wind blowing and everything will he have the evil face or isnt that cleared up yet?

guiro72
dunno, but i can't imagine the face with his regular palpatine clothes, i'll have to look again, but i don't remember a hood in that scene....i'd never thought of that before....how does he suddenly change outfits?....oh well....

and spawnofsith, most shots of palpatine i've seen from the actual film look cool, but a couple have looked a bit dodgy to me, i agree....and i don't like the "fat robes" either.....but it won't be enought to spoil the film for me or anything.....

J.M FcThumbs-Up
People change in appearance from time to time...and to be realistic; Where does it say how Sidious is standing?, How are his clothes hanging over his body?, Is Sidous fat????...never seen that somewhere..?!
And ahhhh.....Do you look the same 20 years from now, Spawn o.t Sith? Do you put the same clothes on every day again for over a week?

In this case we can start nitpicking already about each little thing, each chapter in the movie and each piece of CG and action-sequence.
Sorry, I do not share your oppinion...no offense though on my part.
I think Sidious looks great!!!!!!...and ahhhh let's wait for the movie to start a thread on this again!

wink smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.