How The Hell Did They Do That?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Redeemer
First tread for The Redemeer on KMC so here goes... wink

Right after Mr Wint and Mr Kidd disposes of a good dentist with a well placed scorpion, his buddy arrives via helicopter and leaves with what he thinks is prize possession booty but is in fact a "bomba surprise". After taking off, Mr Wint and Mr Kidd watch gleefully as the 'copter explodes in mid-air...

And very, very impressively in my opinion and not like those obviously fake exploding matt painting ones during the film's oil rig climax. I've watched this sequence countless times and I've never ceased to ask myself...

How the hell did they do that? The film makers I mean, not Wint and Kidd. Same style as later but only better? A rigged 'copter suspended in mid-air? A very clever combination of both? Anyone know??? sad

...TR...

yerssot
I should watch it again;

but my first guess would be blue-screen with the helicopter actually being a small model that DOES explode

The Redeemer
Maybe, but it does look the business!!! yes

...TR...

yerssot
well, if it was from a good bond movie; I would probably know a bit more aboot it stick out tongue

Discos
not to be cheeky but I was under the impression by my sight that it was a model helicopter

the explosion was quite pathetic like a somewhat firework...a real helicopter would have made much more of a wreckage and explosion than that did.

The Redeemer
It may have been a model but it dosen't look like a blue/matte screen in front of Wint And Kidd.

yerssot
hmm, funny, didn't post here after seeing it... but yeah, I agree with discos, it was blue screen and a model messed

The Redeemer
I thought it was well done.

yerssot
yeah, but which movies do you like? that says enough wink

Reborn Again
Mini-copter. Just like a mini-tanker in TSWLM & a mini-hollowed out volano in YOLT. Amazing what they can do to make realism, eh?

yerssot
the mini-copter did actually work eek!

Discos
yep i know, i didnt even noticed they used a blue screen, i thought they actually flew a mini-model-copter into the sky with an explosive in it confused

yerssot
you notice bluescreen most of the time though

Discos
i see confused

Discos - takes his word it

yerssot
and green screen no expression

Discos
ok now i am totally in the dark....i know nowt about SFI/SFX whatnot

yerssot
it's blue screen but than with green wink

Discos
right...

its just like coming home on a friday night and doing all your homework, so you're satuday night is just free to party

Discos - ....no i like the way i said it better

yerssot
something like that

The Redeemer
stick out tongue

yerssot
I saw the helicopter scene a few month ago again and i gotta say, it's blue screen...clearly messed

The Redeemer
Damn that blue screen, huh? I've always been more of a red man myself! whistle

yerssot

The Redeemer
"If at first you don't succeed, Mr Kidd..."
"Try, try again, Mr Wint...!!!"

Damn if those two *boys* were'nt two of the best Bond villains...EVER!!!
smokin'

yerssot
they were so...gay in their role wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.