Psp Is Friggin Sweet!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
A friend of mine, whos sister lives in Japan, was able to get his PSP already. I saw it, and it is so freaking amazing man. The graphics are exactly like the Ps2, and the screen so damn crystal clear.

I was kind of iffy about getting one, but now I need one Bad!!

Draco69
I'm gonna get in the summer when I have a job. Money is tight now.

dave123

sk8stuff09
when do they come out, i know in march, but what date? i want one.

Linkalicious
get-a-console

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by sk8stuff09
when do they come out, i know in march, but what date? i want one.
In the US its cuming MArch 24th a Thursday.

hotsauce6548
The graphics may be good but theres no way they are as good as PS2.

Not to say I don't want a PSP, though. I was thinking about trading in my Nintendo DS and getting one.

RaventheOnly
i thought it had PS1 graphics no expression

DEFCON One
i wanna get a psp bad

JToTheP
Originally posted by Linkalicious
get-a-console

I concur

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im going to get PSP with Lumines and Ridge Racers and 1 GB.

LondonTown
I got a DS as the PSP has been delayed till June over here!

ZomBiE_HunTER
How you know its delayed by June?

JKozzy
'Over here' wink

March 24th is the US release date. The Sony Rep. came by our Target that I work at, and showed it off and stuff. It'll be $249 with Spiderman 2 included in a bundle. Pretty sweet cool

sith_darth_jay
249 blink that much!!!!!!!!!!!

how the hell am I going to get that much cash in such short time!!!!!!!!!

*runs away screaming*

NicktheBassist
i really want one but the whole money issue is a problem. I am really short on cash sad

DarkAge
The screen looks like a problem to me, so big and unprotected. It'd be a pain to try to stop it getting scratched all the time like with the first GBA.

SaTsuJiN
sony doesnt care how you can possibly damage your system.. they believe we live in a dust and accident free world

LondonTown
Are there actually any original titles or is just ps2 ports I hate the ps2 but if this has better games.

Draco69
Originally posted by DarkAge
The screen looks like a problem to me, so big and unprotected. It'd be a pain to try to stop it getting scratched all the time like with the first GBA.

That's why I would get a screen guard or carrying case to protect it. Just like I have for my Ipod.

god number 2
satsujin why do you hate sony so ....... such a shame you try to hate on them at every turn

ZomBiE_HunTER
You think hes hating you should talk to Smasandian.

Darth_Big_Boy
At the price they're starting out at...I'll pass for now.

Walfredo
Yeah $$$ is a bit too much for the games that they are offering. BUt I trust this is THE portable to have. Nintendo might make their Gameboy, but the PSP is going to be awesome.

Magee
Oh man the psp is unbeleivably amazing. Watching movies on it, no exageration its better than on a tv, its so clear and crisp. The games graphics and quality are just below the ps2 i would say. Its just so strange playing a handheld console with ps2 graphics. Using the USB port its amazingly simple to put music and pictures on it. But its not easy to put movies on. But u can buy the movies on the special UMD discs which probably adds to the quality. I got spiderman 2. I swear u just wont beleive its a hand held console, its so good.

sith_darth_jay
I want it so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's just that I don't have that kinda cash right now messed

......and someone said "hate on Sony"?

I'll show them with my "hate on Nintendo" mad

Tex
The first 2 days sales have been embarrassingly dismal. Its the slowest system launch in history.
SONY has a mega flop on its hands.

Draco69
You're joking right? According to my sources (Gamespot, Gamepro, etc.) the launch was better than DS. It broke records. If everything sold out why would it be a flop?

Sony has a major revolution on their hands. Nintendo already folded. They working on a new handheld already with "graphics similar to Sega's Dreamcast."

Magee
Yea i heard that aswell. I heard Nintendo where doing another hand held but with dreamcast graphics dont expect better than the psp. And Sony had a very succesful launch, better than Nintendos.

Draco69
Exactly. They folded. A great number of DS games in production have been cancelled. There's going to be a major price drop in the third quarter.

Tex
You're delusional; DS has sold well over 3 million units.

The permanently burnt pixel on the LCD screen isn't helping sell the PSP either. Dead pixels for a dead product. schmoll

dave123
Hmp, I've yet to play either cry PSP isn't even out here.... sad

However, I doubt I'll buy either

Draco69
Delusional? Nah, just realistic. 3 million? Please. PSP sold half that in pre-sales. The estimates for PSP for launch day alone was well over 10 million. (CNN)

ALL LCD screens contain dead pixels. Palm pilots, Ipods, plasma screen TVs, etc. If you have a dead pixel on your PSP, under the one-year warrenty they will immediately reimburse you. DS doesn't have an LCD screen. That's why they don't contain dead pixels.

PSP is gonna throttle DS. DS had extremely weak launch titles. The only launch title worth anyone's time was a remake of Super Mario DS. PSP has over a dozen very good games that received very high scores (Gamespot, IGN)

Realistically, PSP is gonna win. Critics can gripe about dead pixels all they want. But it didn't stop anything. They still outsold the Nintendo DS. It's the future. Denying it is truely delusionally.

ZomBiE_HunTER
On the luanch day every had the PSP I thought it would be sold out in like a couple of hours but Wal Mart and Toys r us Had alot on Stock also KB TOYS. And the Ds does have a LCD screen.

Draco69
Wal-Mart is god of all products. They never sell out. It's a mystery of inquity.

Nobody shops at Toys R Us anymore either. And I really like that store sad

I'm gonna buy it in the summer when I have the money.

ZomBiE_HunTER
http://www.psp411.com/show/blog/11

Draco69
That's one store. In Canada. US was MUCH different. I think it cost much more in Canada am I right?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by god number 2
satsujin why do you hate sony so ....... such a shame you try to hate on them at every turn

Originally posted by ZomBiE_HunTER
You think hes hating you should talk to Smasandian.

hating? I think not.. and enjoy your dead-pixel covered PSP zombie smile I'm sure sony cares very much to reimburse your loss

Draco69
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hating? I think not.. and enjoy your dead-pixel covered PSP zombie smile I'm sure sony cares very much to reimburse your loss

You hate on Sony ALOT. It's obvious from any previous post you made.

Also I'm very curious. If you spoke out against PSP so adamantly, why did you get one? Just a thought.

Don't believe the nonsense above. Sony reimburses any PSP that's defective.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Its doesnt matter if Sony does or doesnt I got a warantty at Eb so it really doesn't matter to me and I think both Canada and US have the same price tag. And I dont know why u trying to start shit with me SaTsuJiN.

SaTsuJiN
I spoke out on them adamantly because I know how they deal with people (Ive had sony lose a playstation on me without reimbursing it among numerous other issues regarding the systems inability to take a moderate amount of shock (ie, sliding from the top of the tv to the wall which is like a 6 inch slide, bump.. there goes the motor)..

My mom brought me one home because she liked how it plays movies, and I'd like to be reimbursed as it is their fault those pixels dont recieve a signal.. but first Im seeing if the retailer will exchange it, as most websites (go to www.google.com) and type in psp dead pixels .. you will see most unhappy people saying its a better chance to get exchange from retailer than to wait on sony

Draco69
Strange. I had my PS1 dumped in the toilet (don't ask embarrasment ). I called the Sony department and they reimbursed me (warrenty) in about three days. Brand-new.

As I said numerous times, ALL LCD screens have dead pixels. It's not uncommon.

SaTsuJiN
well.. I have a sony cybershot digital camera, and a gameboy advance.. both have LCD screens that do not suffer from dead pixels.. and let me ask.. does your psp have dead pixels?.. if not why do you argue on sony's behalf.. you obviously dont know what its like to pay an arm and a leg for something thats not perfect (as in manufacturer perfect)

Draco69
I haven't bought a PSP yet. However I steal my roommate's sometimes. The cybershot digital camera does have a LCD screens. However it does not incorporate the same technology that the PSP does. The pixel count isn't nearly onpar. A Gameboy Advance has an extremely low pixel count. The more pixels the more dead pixels. They eventually go away.

I paid an arm and a leg for an Ipod. The battery was weak at first. It only lasted four hours instead of the supposed 18. I looked it up and I found that the battery begins to "grow" in time. In three days, the hours went from four to twenty. New technology has faults.

ZomBiE_HunTER
My PSP was fine until all of a sudden it has like 6 dead pixels will that go away.

sith_darth_jay
well.. I have a sony cybershot digital camera, and a gameboy advance.. both have LCD screens that do not suffer from dead pixels.. and let me ask.. does your psp have dead pixels?.. if not why do you argue on sony's behalf.. you obviously dont know what its like to pay an arm and a leg for something thats not perfect (as in manufacturer perfect)

my cousin's SP was working just fine, but now it has a freking big line of dead pixels right in the middle of the screen, you know how annoying that is...

the worst part of it it's that he has no warranty since he bought in europe

many LCD's screen have dead pixels, even nintendo's, it's just a matter of luck actually ....but I must say that it kinda worries me that many PSP have that problem

stingray005
I got the DS instead of the PSP considering it's $100 cheaper!

Draco69
We got PSP because it can play UMDs, video games, and mp3s. It's even gonna have bluetooth and an Itunes access.

PSP has about 20 games out already. DS has 6. One that's worth playing.

stingray005
let me guess...
super mario 64?

Draco69
Yep.

The second best game would have to be Zoo Keeper or Feel the Magic.

Oh god..

stingray005
The racing games are pretty good too, but lets leave it at that cause I don't want to get too off topic.

Draco69
Ridge Racers is very good. I just wish the map was on ONE screen. I have to look up and down to see the curves.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by Draco69
We got PSP because it can play UMDs, video games, and mp3s. It's even gonna have bluetooth and an Itunes access.

PSP has about 20 games out already. DS has 6. One that's worth playing.
Where did you hear about Bluetooth and itunes?

Draco69
From the official Playstation magazine. It's not definite but will come out later. Maybe later in the year.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Sony already have sumthing like that its called Connect.

frodo34x
Order of life

Everyone else
Hitler
The Devil
Bin Laden
EmoKids
PSP

OB1-adobe
The DS's sales sucked because nobody had any.

Powerful_Dragon
I already got PSP. Cost me $240.00

ZomBiE_HunTER
Originally posted by Draco69
Wal-Mart is god of all products. They never sell out. It's a mystery of inquity.

Nobody shops at Toys R Us anymore either. And I really like that store sad

I'm gonna buy it in the summer when I have the money.
Check this out http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=8051335&src=rss/technologyNews

DanZeke25
Ill get a PSP eventully, maybe, if i get one i'll wait until the price goes down.

st41k3r
the PSP is great and all but way 2 expensive! its like 200 somthin

Machete_Guy
hmm i wonder when it comes our for Australia...

DracotheDragon
Trance, I'm dissapointed in you. "Hate on Nintendo" Lemme make a point here, YOU OWN A GAMECUBE!!!! Personally, you make no sense..... stick out tongue Anyway, the PSp is over hyped and way too popular for the shitty games it has out. I mean cmon, the DS is more innovative than that piece of shit. Don't get me wrong, I want a PSp too, but only after I have gotten the DS, and after it has some good games on it (that aren't on the PS2).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.