Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I have beaten KOTOR 2 on the light side, but i am still wondering exactly who Darth Nihilus is. I mean, after I beat him on the bridge of the ship, i got no explanation of his origin or any background knowledge. I am just curious to find out where he came from and so on. Does anyone know?

Morridini
There are some theories that he is actually a reflection of the Exile, the way both are Voids in the Force etc.

ArthasKnight
I think he represents just what can happen to someone when they fall so far to the dark side. He drains life from everything around him and like Morridini said is a void in the Force.

Darth_Janus
I don't think he's human, however. Note he doesn't speak any language we've ever heard.

ArthasKnight
Or perhaps he's just that corrupted.

Darth_Janus
What? If you gain enough dark points your throat collapses? I find that hard to believe, man.

MistaMandalore
^^^LOL! Yeah..I bet they don'y mention THAT during Sith training.

Maybe it's an ancient Sith diologue. As far as Nihilus goes I think he's just lost all of his human side. I dunno..didn't really like the KOTOR2 plot very much.

Julie
Visas says's he's "just a man" but then again she's blind, I wouldn't be betting on what she sees:-)

DCLXVI
I've heard the rumours that Morridini has heard of, and I believe that it may be the correct answer....
Then again, when I started playing it the first time, I thought it was supposed to be Revan....and now I can't remember how that whole situation turned out.....stick out tongue

Morridini
I stopped by the Obsidian forums and found some interesting posts.

and also

Any thoughts?

Darth_Janus
The storyline was rushed at the end. I was not pleased. The ending left me less fulfilled than the whopping 30 second reels in KOTOR 1

Darth_Janus
Absolutely fascinating. Now, tell me...

Why the hell wasn't that explained somewhere in the fifty follar game I bought and played for about 30 hours?

DCLXVI
DJ> I don't remember the end, so I can't comment on that.....stick out tongue
Morridini> Very interesting indeed.....wink

Darth_Janus
I can paraphase the ending here.

SPOILER ALERT.... like anyone cares.

You go to Malachor V. The Ebon Hawk crashes because Atton is drunk. (Okay, maybe not). You get out. You wander around. Find a Sith academy and fight numerous hordes of elite dark Jedi but you basically own them because you're the best thing since sliced bread. Cut scene to Mira. She kills the wook. No one cares. She walks on, but basically doesn't show up ever again in the storyline. The little remote activates all these shield generators and gets harassed by the big stupid ball known as Go-To. Again, no one cares, and nothing becomes of it. You fight Sion. In the one whole interesting point about this section of the game (aside from all the badass crystals you get that you can't install until you almost complete the damn academy) you actually have to weaken his resolve to defeat him, instead of whup him mercilessly. Then you meet Darth Traya. Meaning babble. You whup her but had a close encounter with those damn floating lightsabers. She gives you the option to look into the future, but it's all pretty vague and with some people she just doesn't say anything at all. Certainly not worth $3.96 a minute. Then, she apparently dies instantaneously after saying all this when you choose to end the conversation, and you take off. The Ebon Hawk, which apparently survived the crash and subsequent fall, picks you up. You blast off into space and Malachor V just kinda implodes.

I liked the game up until this planet. Something about the rushed storyline, the gaps, the lack of all those Jedi I had trained, just irked me.

DCLXVI
Hmph.
Now I remember why I was pissed off. stick out tongue

Morridini
That was only the Light Side ending.
In the Dark side version Mira was dead since Nar Shadda, so there was nothing with her or the Wookkie. And after Traya died, we stayed on Malachor V and it didn't explode, the camera just zoomed away.

DCLXVI
I didn't finish the Dark Side Game. wink

SnakeEyes
I just started mine

Julie
I doubt Nihilus is part of the exile....I think he's a dark jedi (sith) that works almost the same way as the exile....by feeding off the energy of others

Darth_Janus
I started my dark side game, but I found out a Jedi consular with two weapon fighting can't kill Master Vrook very well. True, I dominated with sheer Force power, making half the game a breeze. And being evil changed the gameplay a bit more than it did in KOTOR I, but whatever you guys do, don't pick a consular unless you go with dueling. The Jedi Masters are two hit kill wonders.

Needless to say, I restarted my dark side game, again as a Guardian with dueling. I feel a bit lazy doing so, but I don't worry too much about it anymore.

Morridini
Really?
I found Jedi Counsular to be the best option, no Jedi Master did even make a challenge, they went down in mere seconds.

Darth_Janus
I have no clue where I went wrong then. But Master Vrook was slicing me down in two attacks unless I stopped and used heavy energy shields every five seconds. And he force healed so damn much I couldn't kill em

Morridini
Hmm, Vrook. Was that the guy on Dantooine? He was the only one who actually made a challenge. I think the clue there was either to depend all on Powers or all on saber fighting, not a mix of both.

Julie
Try adhesive grenades you can make them....make him stick in place then place a few mines around...then force lightning the crap out of vrook

ArthasKnight
I was a Guardian and I used a combo of Knight Speed and Master Flurry. I just dropped him, he died so fast.

Darth_Janus
It's probably an all or nothing kinda deal. He was the only person or thing in the game that gave me even a moment's problem.

Julie
it depends when you take him on...if you do dantooine last and are level 23 or something you'll paint the walls with him, but if you take him on early you die rather quickly

Darth_Janus
I always go Korriban first, Dantooine second, Dxun, Nar Shadaa, and then Onderon.

Julie
Korriban first...geez, I usu die whenever I do that...nar shadda is the easiest, then duxn, then onderon then Dantooine, korriban and back to onderon

Darth_Janus
I don't have too much a problem with Korriban. Plus it's small, meaning i get everything done fast and am stocked up for the longer hauls on other planets.

Fishy
Anyways back on the original topic :P

Originally posted by ArthasKnight
I think he represents just what can happen to someone when they fall so far to the dark side. He drains life from everything around him and like Morridini said is a void in the Force.

Actually he does just backwards, listen to his sound viles and play them back..

And the theory about Darth Nihilus being you or something like that is in my oppinion kinda far fetched.

Remember that at the battle of Malachor there were dozens if not hundreds of Jedi. A lot of them crashed on the planet itself and when the planet blew up or something like that a few Jedi proably landed on it.

The Exile took the thing very personal and lost his connection with the force because the endless sound of the death kept going on in his head, the same could have happened to Nihilus, he shoudl not have taken it that personal, and maybe thats why he had the reverse effect, instead of being weakened he grew stronger.

Kreia says herself that they were trained there and then one day got a ship repaired it or something and left. Thats reason enough for me to believe that Nihilus and Sion were nothing before Malachor, or at least not anything important.

Nihilus could have drawn his power from the events at Malachor, as Sion could have. The only thing is though that Sion used it to reinforce his body whil Nihilus just ate it all up in a matter of speaking.

Julie
like most sith they were probably once jedi....twisted by the dark side

Darth Mantis
Tainted, the dark side is.

Darth_Janus
I forget where I posted the argument on here that Nihilus is the manifestation of the exile's own powers and personal dark force spectre, but I can't recall where I put it. Anyways, if Nihilus -isn't- the dark reflection of the exile in living flesh, answer me this-

- Why does Nihilus dissolve after the battle?

- Why do you regain some of your lost Force ability after ordering Visas to bring you his mask?

- Why is it that while many Sith, including Kreia and Sion and the assassins, utilized the same newfound abilities as the Exile, it was only on feeding on the exile that Nihilus was weakened?

- Why does he talk backwards? (As I believe you said, he does. And what does he say, too? I'm very curious.)

- Why would Visas share a bond with both Nihilus and the exile, and yet not die when Nihilus was destroyed?

- This is speculation, but if Nihilus is the exile's dark persona come to life, could the Ravager be the ship on which the exile and Bao Dur watched as the mass Shadow generator tore into the Mandalorian and Republic ranks?

- Jedi who were betrayed at Malachor and killed in the devastation by Revan were those whose loyalties to Revan were in question. Kreia knew this. Others did as well, I imagine. If Nihilus was just another Jedi who somehow landed on Malachor and survived the subsequent destruction, why did he not pursue Revan? Why, instead, did he stay in the fringes of known space and only make a few appearances?

- Nihilus' presence has a powerful affect on those nearby, from the mindless bridge officiers to the corrupted body and soul of Colonel Tobin. Did not the exile have a similar bonding/changing affect on those close to him/her?

Kreia says that the war being waged is not in space or on battlefields, but is being waged within, and through the Force. Perhaps the Aesop's fable-like point of the whole plot is one Jedi's quest to confront his evil past and his darker demons and to reclaim his soul as whole and new. To finally make the right choice instead of the wrong one.

Fishy
To add to your points, some people say although i have not heard it myself yet that there are sound files still present on the X-box and possibly the CD version that make Kreia claim you two are indeed the same.

Also Visas is supposed to have said something like that.

Also there are certain rumours about the unfinished story line that Revan would return to Malachor when you are there... Personally i just think and some audio files seem to kinda support this that,

Revan left known space after what happened at the star forge becuase he went to Malachor and sensed Nihilus there. He saw what that thing was and feared it, as he could not beat it. It was just as powerful as him and constantly kept growing and weakening with him (seeing as Malachor had no other live there was no real chance for him to draw from anything else and get an advantage)

Revan knew there was very little he could do against it so he asked his former master Kreia to do something for him... Do something or die probably, Kreia of course agreed. So she was send to learn more about Nihilus. Promised him power and promised to teach him and then when she learned enough about him she knew that there had to be somebody else out there just like that. She asked Revan about it, and wanted to go find that other person.

Revan gave her the Ebon Hawk with T3-M4 and the broken down HK-47 on it... So she started looking for the Exile found him, Kotor II happens... Then after the char from kotor II kills Nihilus and kills Kreia on Malachor Revan is supposed to show up...

Depending on whether you are light and dark and what revan was you two fight or do not fight.. Dark - Light fights, but Dark - Dark does not. Anyways your not supposed to win that fight... Revan supposedly leaves you to die on that planet...

You saw the fight with Revan in that cave in Coruscant? Its basicly your live. Where at the end you can choose between Kreia and your friends, dark or light, power or love. After that Revan shows up and beats the crap out of you. That Revan was very powerful but had very little life. The one you shoudl have faced at the end of the game, had a lot of life... The only reason you were ever alive, the only reason Kotor II happend was for you to kill Nihilus.

Thats what Revan used you for, the fact that Kreia had higher goals for you hardly meant anything. At least not to Revan as he would just kill her and you if you two could not kill Nihilus.

Darth_Janus
Fascinating. If that was the case, I give a proper bow to Revan for a game well played. Using the Exile to defeat his self-made wound and making the galaxy safe for your rule without so much as having to get your hands dirty is an excellent demonstration of the manipulation that both Kreia and Revan were famous for.

I need to get the PC version of the game. I imagine it looks better and there's more one can do with it. But for right now, I'm without funds.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Fascinating. If that was the case, I give a proper bow to Revan for a game well played. Using the Exile to defeat his self-made wound and making the galaxy safe for your rule without so much as having to get your hands dirty is an excellent demonstration of the manipulation that both Kreia and Revan were famous for.

I need to get the PC version of the game. I imagine it looks better and there's more one can do with it. But for right now, I'm without funds.

Yeah thats pretty much what i could gather from the game and from what i read on Obsidian and LA forums... Talked to a few people about this, and it seems to fit in perfectly with the sound files. So thats most likely what should have happened, not to mention that it explains a lot of things that were never explained in game...

Its hardly an improvement, it only allows better Graphics.. the months extra they had were not spend in finishing the game... The only real advantage is that you can listen to some files you can't do on X-box, a real downside is however that the X-box version has more of these files on the CD then the PC version has, so if you want them all you need the PC and X-box version and need to find a way to transfer files from X-box to PC...

Anyways my point here is, don't buy it for PC... Unless you really want to have it on PC, there isn't any real difference

Darth_Janus
But can't you use the console to give yourself items like in the first game for PC? That in itself is worth it. I love collecting items

Fishy
Yeah okay you can do that... Although you won't actually see a console, i just started replaying with cheats and its damn annoying to not see what you are typing and if you are actually typing it. Thankfulyl there are save game editors stick out tongue

Darth_Janus
Lovely. Well, with any luck, it's fairly close to the original, which I've played recently with cheats. Replaying the original makes me appreciate II soooo much more.

No level caps. More diversified items and weapons. Better AI. Better dialogue responses and more of them. A reason to have awareness and other skills. Jedi ROBES, not skintight pajamas. Corrupting allies. More actual killing of humanoids than anything. Interesting feats and powers to choose from. Sidequests are less demanding and boring. No invincible NPCs (Like Calo Nord or the Sith trooper outside fo the elevator.) Battles seemed more fun. Better replay value.

Fishy
Tobad they didn't finish the story though, i would have loved to fight Revan... To find out all i was, was a tool nothing more... Damn that would have kicked so much ass

Darth_Janus
Better plot twist than actually finding out you're Revan like in the first game.

Fishy
Well i did like finding out i was Revan, but to find out you are actually a nothing only used to do the will of a Sith Lord you could possibly be fighting against, it would be the best thing

Imagine if you played light and then at the end Revan just comes along confesses why you were even doing what you were doing and then just beats you into a bloody pulp... I would have loved that game.. Well either that or you become Revan his apprentice, but that would have been so much better.

Besides it would finally make a game where you are not the most important thing ever, and its about damn time a game like that would be released again

Darth_Janus
I agree. It's like those movies where the good guys -don't- win.

Fishy
Anyways i was recently playing Kotor II again and heard some interesting things from Zal Kel El or whatever, the master on Nar Shadaa.

"But i can sece the deaths of others on your hands" (even when playing light and not killing anybody but those you have too, which when you are on your first planet are very few)

"Why have you done this to the Jedi? Was it just revenge or something more?"

To which i answered, you think it was me that killed all those Jedi?

"But you are, whatever this threat is, it leaves echoes in the force, wounds that do not heal. It is something we never felt before - until you stood before us in judgement."

He talks some more about how them banishing you may proof to kill them, even if you don't. Clearly he sences something in the Exile that resembles the wounds in the force that Nihilus leaves after he has done something.

Kreia also describes the technique Nihilus does as something that will cause the dead of the force, something she see's when she looks at you. Not to mention that she says you draw draw power just like Nihilus but you are different. His hunger has consumed him, the Exile does not control that yet.

Basicly two of the few people that could know stuff about you and Nihilus say you are Nihilus without actually saying it.

Darth_Janus
So I had noticed. And particularly, the bond with Visas proved it for me.

archive monitor
i heard he was an ewok. a scary ewok

Fishy
You heard wrong

Christian Vael
This is the entire problem with KOTOR II..... No one knows the true plot nor does anyone know the background of any of the characters... Everything is so damn vague in the sequel. KOTOR I did a much better job of setting the plot, following the storyline and giving you extensive background on all the characters, save for the major plot twist at the end....

As for Nihilus, I think he is a phantom character who has no direct relation to the Exile..

Had the game been plotted out right this thread would not be necessary.

Darth Mantis
Nihilus isn't a part of the exile... The exile is human, while Nihilus is chiss/sith...

Darth Mantis
Yes it's hard to believe but Nihilus is half sith like Marka Ragnos...

Fishy
No he isn't... Where the hell did you base that of? He is a Sith Lord, but so was Revan so was Malak so was Kreia and Sion... None of them were true Sith

ImmortalOne
This Nihilus shit is damn confusing !!!

Rayvann Sadow
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Lovely. Well, with any luck, it's fairly close to the original, which I've played recently with cheats. Replaying the original makes me appreciate II soooo much more.

No level caps. More diversified items and weapons. Better AI. Better dialogue responses and more of them. A reason to have awareness and other skills. Jedi ROBES, not skintight pajamas. Corrupting allies. More actual killing of humanoids than anything. Interesting feats and powers to choose from. Sidequests are less demanding and boring. No invincible NPCs (Like Calo Nord or the Sith trooper outside fo the elevator.) Battles seemed more fun. Better replay value.

Actually there is a level cap...its 50.

joeyvermont
nihilus is great not many people can kill him.

Insane Monk
I think Nihilus was a jedi. When you get his mask, it says he was "a man who had died and been reborn on Malachor V." I think that he was killed, and the immense power of the Mass Shadow Generator brought him back to life. Probably an alien jedi, because he speaks a different language.

Insane Monk
Sorry, I meant to say a former Jedi.

Fishy
Originally posted by joeyvermont
nihilus is great not many people can kill him.

Only one can, and many can kill that one.

Darth Nhilus
I was a consular, and became so powerful I was probably more powerful than almost all of you guys.

Abyssal Lord
Originally posted by Darth Nhilus
I was a consular, and became so powerful I was probably more powerful than almost all of you guys.

Please oh mighty one! Spare us the rath or your incredible power! stick out tongue

Darth Nhilus
(FORCE CRUSH) HAHAHA LOL

Lord-Nihilus
yes, of course..........Nihilus' identity could come into more play in KOTOR 3,if they dont, then what the hell was the point of Kotor 2!

Darth_Janus
Money.

Darth Bacardi
So here is what i think and know.

1.) Sion is emo(he uses razor blades to cut him self up, and he feelz good)

2.) Nihilis was the main bad guy( that is why his picture is the biggest on the box)

3.) Nihilis is the exile, but an inversed version who got beat with the old ladys ugly stick too much.
Everyone was talkin about the friggin mask like it actually meant something. Well, its not, the force links are the big thing. When ur a real bad ass, you can make Visas commit suicide for you, and when you do that,Nihilis bows before you and then you kill him, and you dont get the mask, you just get the crap that visas had equipped.

4.) The mask was just another item that was able to give you fore points back. The real thing there was visas killed herself to kill nihilis, like kreia threatened to do to you. I liked the metaphor where someone talked about nihilis was the spector that was created when the exile turned away from the force( dark side had to go somewhere...) that also explains why he evaporates when you win the battle. Inverse your character and kreia, your character gets nihilified and kreia gets young again, like your character is or looks.

5.) Really cool glitch that i found on the xbox version of this game. This makes the Handmaiden stronger than your character if you do it right.

When you talk to her, and duel her, and then jedify her, you do the "those look like jedi robes..." yea yea we all know. Anyway, when you first get her, do not level her up, she stays at lever 6 until you can jedify her.

By the time this happens you should have 2 of the 5 jedi master planets done( its 5 cuz of Dxun) Now when you get her jedified, level her up all the way, maximizing her vitality and her force points. Now the thing is, if you did this right( i really dont know why this happened, or if the planet order had something to do with it), but i was browsing around looking for someting to get dark side points from talkin to her, and the robe option came up. so i chose it, and went as if i was just now jedifying her. Then the kreia cutscene comes on again( you know, the gay ::Betrayal:: one... yea) anyway. but instead of goin back to Atris' cutscene on telos, it black screened on me.

Well i thought i was royally screwed, but i saved it, hopeing that the blackness would go away. Well it did, i loaded the game that i just saved, and the screen came back and i was gawking at handmaiden in the cargo hold.

Now i didnt discover that she had just been rejedifyed until some time later, i think it was about 1 hour of game play later. I had others in my party, wasnt worrying about leveling up, because if you recall, i had already leveled her up.

When i went to get her in my party, (i think this is the point where i was killing all the slavers on Nar Shadaa) i saw the gay L on her picture, so i hit "start" to investigate. Well turns out, she had been reduced to level 6 soldier, level 0 jedi guardian.

I was like "O my fuc*ing god! i just found the motherlode of glitches" so i proceded to level her up all the way back to 19 or 20, something like that. I noticed that she was level 6 soldier and 0 jedi but she had like 150 force, and 234 vitality, she had also retained all the feats and powers. so i proceded to level her up again. I got about 13 force power strings all the way to "master" level, and she had 500 vitality and like 300 force. Well, me being Darth Bacardi, decided to do the glitch again, and get her to 9999999999-forever on vitality and force, unfortunately, it was not a purposely programed cheat, only a glitch and i could not get her to talk about becoming a jedi again.

It was great tho, when i did the Dxun thingy where u go to freedon naddz tomb, and kill eveyone and everything that moves, she didnt break a sweat. I killed the people in the tomb itself( the three sith lords in the place you have to get to) with a master speed, and a master flurry in two rounds each. I averaged 70 points per hit, but not even that was enuff to take down the guys, they had like 1/16 of their total health left after the first blow.

After doing this Dxun thingy, its the last time you actually get to use her extreme power glitch. I think that if you can do the duels in the bare minimum time, you can get to use her power before the game is over.

ANYWAY.... that is my take on the Nihilis thing, and Sion's razor blade problem. I also hope you enjoy the Handmaiden glitch

Later guys
Darth Bacardi

Darth revan202
yea the first kotor seemed better and is there a different ending when you play kotor 2 as a lightside dude

Macreno
I was reading this forum when an idea came to me.

Darth Nihilus is the personification of Malachor V.

The connection between Nihilus and The Exile is due to the Exile's disconnection from the force after causing the deaths of so many people at Malachor V.

The Exile's battle with Nihilus is necessary for the Exile to come to terms with what happened and the taking of the mask symbolizes acceptance of responsibility (something that the Jedi Masters refer to constantly).

Visus's description of what Nihilus looked like: "A graveyard with ships floating around it" is Malachor V, after the Mass Shadow Generator was activated Malachor became a graveyard.

In that it would be fair to say that Nihilus is a part of the Exile as Nihilus represents an event that defined the Exile's future.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
How is it possible that a wuss like Zayne Carrick perhaps is going to become Nihilus?

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
How is it possible that a wuss like Zayne Carrick perhaps is going to become Nihilus?

Wait, what?!

Fill me in on this.

exanda kane
It feels weird to be vaguely helpful around here.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zayne_Carrick#Behind_the_scenes

It's that Prophecy (how original), apparently.

nmensfinest
Lmfao, Nihilus is so badly the biggest Galactus rip-off.

Tommy Sanchez
but isnt it said zayne was an extremely weak student?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Wait, what?!

Fill me in on this.

It is widely reported that Carrick is supposed to become Nihilus sometime in the KOTOR comic book. I have read the comic book and I think he's a wuss.

dadudemon
Originally posted by nmensfinest

uuummmmmmm...

YUP!

Manslayer
Lmfao, Nihilus is so badly the biggest Galactus rip-off. Very true, Even their alias names are alive.

Galactus has 2 alias names

The devourer of worlds
The ravager of worlds

While according to the visual guide nihilus nickname is
The ravager of worlds

And he does the same thing as galactus. Drained planets

And whats even more ironic is nihilus power field which drains the planets. It is nearly identical to galactus planet draining ability in FF ROTSS. Those powerfields come in the form of a cloud by the way

MasterAshenVor
Well here is what i think sorry for the Crypticness

Darth Nihilius is the void of the force the monster spawned of Malachor V much like the Exile. Darth Nihilius is the screams of the thousands of Jedi and Mandolorians that died at Malachor V he is not a Man he is a Force a being that Hungers for Death for Death is what he is.

If you dident get that he is the Dark Force Energy from those Jedi that at their last moments felt such intense anger at Revan and their General for Betraying them and slaughtering them all.

Another one of my Speculations is that DARTH NIHILIUS is one of the TRUE SITH that Revan went after.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Are you saying that Nihilus is nothing but a big jobber?

Manslayer
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Are you saying that Nihilus is nothing but a big jobber? Yes. Technically hes the galactus( or Gah Lak Tus) of star wars and being so shames the true galactus from marvel, Why? Because he has nothing special other than his "uba" drain

Violent2Dope
I won't go into philosophical inquiries to try and figure out who Nihilus is but one thing I know is that he is human. In Kotor artwork if you look at his mask you can see his eyes, nose and mouth.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
I won't go into philosophical inquiries to try and figure out who Nihilus is but one thing I know is that he is human. In Kotor artwork if you look at his mask you can see his eyes, nose and mouth. Dont forget he has a huge buldge

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Manslayer
Dont forget he has a huge buldge yes

Nikkolas
Nihilus has nothing in common with Galactus.

They're both just hungry.

Also Galactus uses technology to eat planets.

Nihilus is not from another universe.

He's not making Heralds.

He's not wearing a stupid looking helmet.

Manslayer
Originally posted by Nikkolas

Thats something in common. They both can drain planets

Also Galactus uses technology to eat planets.
Not if your talking about galactus in the movies or gah lak tus Both of them have their own powerfields. Strangely enough the cosmic cloud in the movie whom many people think is galactus himself is his power field which can destroy a planet in a matter of seconds

He's not making Heralds.
Maybe visas...

He's not wearing a stupid looking helmet. Actually the galactus from MUA is pure badass and looks incredible compared to his comic counterpart. Talk about having black armour in stead of purple

nmensfinest

Ahahhaha! 2 consecutive contradictory statements, I lol'd. laughing

Right, because it's not like they both drain planets, or share the exact same nickname.
Nothing in common... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Violent2Dope
Nihilus and Galactus are alike only because they can drain planets, but they do it in a different way. Galactus eats the life of the planet, Nihilus rips the force from it's inhabitants and feeds on the death it causes. Galactus serves a greater purpose and is necessary to the universe, Nihilus isn't.

exanda kane
That's a pretty sketchy difference.

nmensfinest
About the Herald issue, I read somewhere that Nihilus gave his sith assassins the ability to drain the force from others like he himself could do, so could anyone confirm if this is true or not, because if it's true, that's another similarity between him and Galactus.

Nikkolas
Good to see you agree with me.

Devourer and Ravager are pretty common names. Hell, the vampire Kain can gain that title in his first game. And he has nothing to do with eating planets.

Nihilus and Galactus aren't any more alike than you and I are because we both breathe.

exanda kane

Devourer and Ravager are pretty common names. Hell, the vampire Kain can gain that title in his first game. And he has nothing to do with eating planets.

Nihilus and Galactus aren't any more alike than you and I are because we both breathe.

Don't be ridiculous.

Manslayer

Nihilus and Galactus aren't any more alike than you and I are because we both breathe. He was being sarcastic.

And both of them do very similar things, they drain planets on their ship and both of them share the same nickname. Galactus has 3 nicknames while nihilus has 1. And the one nihilus has is identical to the one galactus has in his 3 nicknames

Nikkolas
Where is Nihilus' nickname said, anyway?

And their eating planets is not anything alike as one uses technology primarily and the other uses the Force. Also one kills every living inhabitant on the planet to feed himself and gain power while Galactus eats the actual planet's energy.

There's BARELY a similarity between the two and going further into explaining how they're totally different is pointless.

nmensfinest
Before I respond directly to your points Nikkolas, I just want to make it clear that anything I say about Nihilus is based on what I've heard from others, so if any of it is wrong, that's the reason, and my bad.

He was being sarcastic.

Like duh! laughing out loud

You're failing to see the bigger picture here Nikkolas (the part of your post that I italicized makes that clear), which is that they both share the exact same nickname (which, by the way, in case you didn't notice, Kain doesn't; you missed out the 'of worlds', not that it matters really, just pointing out a tiny mistake there) on top of a number of other similarities.

You're entitled to your opinion, however the fact that they both drain planets, grant a fraction of their power to their disciples to carry out their bidding, as well as share the exact same alias leads me to believe that Nihilus' character was largely inspired by that of Galactus, but that's just me...

Originally posted by exanda kane
Don't be ridiculous.

Manslayer
Where is Nihilus' nickname said, anyway? I cant quite remember but i do know he was named the ravager of worlds

And their eating planets is not anything alike as one uses technology primarily and the other uses the Force. Also one kills every living inhabitant on the planet to feed himself and gain power while Galactus eats the actual planet's energy.
Again there are several incarnations of galactus
. Ultimate galactus doesnt rely on technology neither does the movie galactus

There's BARELY a similarity between the two and going further into explaining how they're totally different is pointless. There is apparantly. Both drain planets at a range in their ships and nihilus could drain the force out of a planet as well as the comic depicted mountains and land going haywire as what happens when galactus drains a planet as well

Darth Hord
Wasn't his nickname the destroyer of worlds?

Manslayer
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Wasn't his nickname the destroyer of worlds? nihilus is the ravager of worlds. Galactus is either the ravager of worlds, the devourer of worlds or simply the destroyer

Nikkolas
Jobberlactus is known by many titles.

nmensfinest
Best one being Restorer of Worlds. stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
One thing I would like to point out is that Nihilus does not give his servants a fraction of his power(Sith Assassins). What Nihilus does is similar, but on a larger scale and with training they could actually learn how to do it. More proof is that the Sith Assassins that follow Sion have the same ability, if Nihilus gave them that power what are they doing with Sion?

dadudemon
One thing I would like to point out is that Nihilus does not give his servants a fraction of his power(Sith Assassins). What Nihilus does is similar, but on a larger scale and with training they could actually learn how to do it. More proof is that the Sith Assassins that follow Sion have the same ability, if Nihilus gave them that power what are they doing with Sion?

Force drain?

I guess that's right. Nihilus just has an uber force drain ability...that's it. He is just really really really good with the force. I never thought of it that way. that doesn't make him as good as I thought...that would explain his defeat by the exile.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by dadudemon
Force drain?

I guess that's right. Nihilus just has an uber force drain ability...that's it. He is just really really really good with the force. I never thought of it that way. that doesn't make him as good as I thought...that would explain his defeat by the exile. No. What I said was is that Nihilus and the Sith Assassins do something similar, but on a different scale. And Nihilus' technique is NOT force drain, his move rips the force from living things and he feeds on the death it causes. He TKed his ship, the Ravenger, that's pretty uber.

Manslayer
No. What I said was is that Nihilus and the Sith Assassins do something similar, but on a different scale. And Nihilus' technique is NOT force drain, his move rips the force from living things and he feeds on the death it causes. He TKed his ship, the Ravenger, that's pretty uber. Well sidious Tked a super star destroyer which is 19 times the size and length on the ravager and yoda could do no less.

However the special technique he has is pretty scary and seems that he isnt the only one who has it as DESB stated sidious had the same technique when he drained byss.

So far violent you have made the most logical thing that his attack isnt a stupid force drain as the majority thinks it is. We should all thank you for this smile

Violent2Dope
Well sidious Tked a super star destroyer which is 19 times the size and length on the ravager and yoda could do no less.

However the special technique he has is pretty scary and seems that he isnt the only one who has it as DESB stated sidious had the same technique when he drained byss.

So far violent you have made the most logical thing that his attack isnt a stupid force drain as the majority thinks it is. We should all thank you for this smile Your welcome, and I never claimed Nihilus>Yoda or Sidious if that's what you said at the top in your post.

Manslayer
Your welcome, and I never claimed Nihilus>Yoda or Sidious if that's what you said at the top in your post. Np. Nah iwas just saying sidious and yoda is uber too incase a nihilus fanboy is reading that?

exanda kane
Nihilus is quite interested in shares too.

Violent2Dope
Np. Nah iwas just saying sidious and yoda is uber too incase a nihilus fanboy is reading that? Oh okay. There's Nihilus fanboys?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by exanda kane
Nihilus is quite interested in shares too. What do you mean?

Manslayer
Oh okay. There's Nihilus fanboys? Yes. A few of them here i believe but i wont give out their names

Violent2Dope
Yes. A few of them here i believe but i wont give out their names Well okay. I can understand why people would overrate him but there is alot who underrate him.

exanda kane
What do you mean?

He holds significant stock in the New York exchange. Quite a shrewd businessman, Nihilus is.

Manslayer
Well okay. I can understand why people would overrate him but there is alot who underrate him. No body is underrating him. He sucks period and all he has is that uber drain power thing which several people can counter, namely those with the fallanasi technique.

If you want to talk about his TK we have seen sidious do better lifting a SSD. Vader who is 80% the strength of sidious himself would also be stronger than nihilus.

Revan, exar kun vader sidious all > nihilus

Violent2Dope
No body is underrating him. He sucks period and all he has is that uber drain power thing which several people can counter, namely those with the fallanasi technique.

If you want to talk about his TK we have seen sidious do better lifting a SSD. Vader who is 80% the strength of sidious himself would also be stronger than nihilus.

Revan, exar kun vader sidious all > nihilus It took one Jedi a Sith, and Canderous the Mandalorian to kill him while weakened. He has more than his planet killing technique(I will never call it Force Drain).

Manslayer
It took one Jedi a Sith, and Canderous the Mandalorian to kill him while weakened. He has more than his planet killing technique(I will never call it Force Drain). And as far as i know he could have been beatened easily. And what else has he got other than his "special technique"? TK? While i admit it is impressive there are alot of force users who surpass nihilus in alot of categories

Violent2Dope
And? I never said he was the strongest only that he is powerful. Also, please don't say "Well Sideous TKed a bigger ship" because if he wasn't able to, he wouldn't be the strongest Sith Lord now would he?

Manslayer
And? I never said he was the strongest only that he is powerful. Also, please don't say "Well Sideous TKed a bigger ship" because if he wasn't able to, he wouldn't be the strongest Sith Lord now would he? I was merely pointing the fact that nihilus isnt so "uber" because size matters not does it? Oh wait and how did we know he even Tked a ship even though the loading screen said so? The ship was broken and ravaged and could have been in pieces before nihilus lifted it up

Violent2Dope
I was merely pointing the fact that nihilus isnt so "uber" because size matters not does it? Oh wait and how did we know he even Tked a ship even though the loading screen said so? The ship was broken and ravaged and could have been in pieces before nihilus lifted it up He also held the broken ship together and kept everyone piloting the ship mind controlled. He's strong, why do you have a personal vendetta against him?

Manslayer
He also held the broken ship together and kept everyone piloting the ship mind controlled. He's strong, why do you have a personal vendetta against him? Because he has yet to do anything impressive like kun revan and sidious. And no he didnt keep the ship together or it would have disintegrated once he was killed.

I dont remember anything in kotor 2 stating that he held the ship together with his will.

All he demonstrated is his force killer technique which many characters can counter with the fallanasi technique

Light_Sith
I finished playing the game today, and he is an over inflated windbag.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I finished playing the game today, and he is an over inflated windbag. laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing eek! Happy Dance

Nikkolas
Nihilus has two feats that easily put him above Kun and Revan.

Atticus
umm........what are they

Nikkolas
Killing every living thing on a planet.

Yanking a ship, and possibly a fleet, out of a gravity well.

Violent2Dope
He also held the ship together, but I won't say he's better than Kun as the only EU I touch is Kotor, but he would probably have a good fight with Revan.

Darth Hord
And I doubt that once he is locked in saber combat he would have much of a chance to get out and drain someone espeically and against someone of the likes of yoda,kun mace,anakin or someone of that magnitude of saber skill. I would even say that in a sabers only battle or once that he were to lock in saber combat against revan that revan would beat him.

Manslayer
Killing every living thing on a planet.

Yanking a ship, and possibly a fleet, out of a gravity well. Again tobin is fallible and was not there the time when nihilus dragged his ship and the fact remains that according to out of universe sources, He pulled his ship out only

Violent2Dope
Nihilus' real power is in force combat, but even his saber style is more focused on the force, he uses an aggressive one handed style and uses the other hand for force combat. It's only a fact that he pulled the Ravager out, pulling the fleet out is debatable, but he still held the ship together and kept his whole crew mind enslaved. He had to be weakened for The Exile(who was only an average Jedi before and during the Mandalorian Wars) a Sith turned Jedi, and the Mandalore.

Manslayer
Well if he was holding the ship together with the force then why was the ship still in one piece after he died. And why does the exile and mandalore need to set up time bombs on the ravager

Nikkolas
Because if the ship fell apart when he died, the Exile and the others would die too.

Game Over.

Darth Sexy
Yet again it means he didn't keep the ship together through sheer will.

Nikkolas
Maybe he was making it move, though.

That be pretty cool.

Darth Sexy
So? THe same feats were demonstrated by Kyp and Jacen. Woohooo

Nikkolas
They put a ship through hyperspace on their own power?

Not to mention Nihilsu was simultaneously helping the crew to survive and moving the ship across the galaxy. Not just for a short period of time.

Darth Sexy
Helping the crew to survive? Excuse me? As a wound in the force, they became his slaves. That doesn't speak wonders for his abilities but for being a wound, because the same thing would happen had the Exile been a dark sider. Furthermore, I don't recall the ship traveling in hyperspace, it could have happened but I don't recall.

Nikkolas
Tobin says he keeps them all alive. I would say Tobin at least knows what is keeping him breathing, wouldn't you?

Plus he keeps them all alive as zombies, slowly draining them of life as Traya says.

So, yes, he keeps them alive. There's no other way a crew could survive in a spaceship with so many holes in the hull.

Darth Sexy
You're not understanding. There's no proof that he has a technique of any sort for this. It's stated that because of his being a dark wound in the force, everybody automatically becomes his slave (the weak minded that is), that isn't a technique. That's him being a black hole. The only thing we can say he DEFINITELY does is SOMEHOW keep the ship in tact, although that is an unknown, and eating the force (which is magnified by him being a wound).

Nikkolas
Because it doesn't say the ship wa sin pieces when he lifted it.

So, assuming it was, has no backing whatsoever.

LOL

Now you're specifically bringing in feats and showings.

In which case, Nihilus annihilates Revan.

I killed some Rakata just doesn't match up to killing a planet and every living thing on it.

If you want a Feat Wars, Revan is probably one of the weakest Sith ever right now.

Definitely a few dozen tiers below Nihilus.

So, you have any proof for this?

Yoda = Sidious ar ROTS.

As of burying the SSD, it's been several years on.

So we have no idea where their power levels rank at this time.

Plus it was canonically a fleet. Ans yanked from a gravity well.

Darth Sexy
Uh no you're going to play this game? We know Yoda>Nihilus because Sidious>Nihilus. If you want to argue canon sources and facts, go to EOD. Nihilus has one SPECIAL move which ranks him very high among force users of all time. But the likes of Kun and Revan are as good, if not better than him, and Yoda (as much as I hate it), is better than Kun and Revan.

Darth Hord
Because it doesn't say the ship wa sin pieces when he lifted it.

So, assuming it was, has no backing whatsoever.

LOL

Now you're specifically bringing in feats and showings.

In which case, Nihilus annihilates Revan.

I killed some Rakata just doesn't match up to killing a planet and every living thing on it.

If you want a Feat Wars, Revan is probably one of the weakest Sith ever right now.

Definitely a few dozen tiers below Nihilus.

Weak in terms of feats i highly doubt that.

He defeated the likes of Mandalore the ultimate, Yusanis the legendary echnai general, sf powered bastilla 4 times, sf powered malak who is described in the databank as nearly unstoppable.
Bane was scarred of some of his techniques,he knew the thought bomb,foce storm, and it was because of him that the republic was able to come back and defeat the mandalorians wars. And he was able to get through many(almost a really small army) of the star forge defense droids by himself . Hardly weak i could include more but i have to go out now.

Darth Sexy
No, if you want feat wars and verbal fellatios, Revan would fall just under Sidious. He plundered Korriban and Malachor V. Just because he doesn't try to kill everything in his path doesn't make him weak. IN fact he was a brilliant general which is why he succeeded in every area that Nihilus failed. Furthermore, it was because of REVAN that less than 100 jedi remained, and it was because of Revan that Bane introduced the rule of 2. So no, you're incorrect. Revan is VERY powerful and at LEAST as powerful as Nihilus.

Nikkolas
But that's not what he said.

" Because he has yet to do anything impressive like kun revan and sidious"

Showed as in did. A feat we clearly saw happening.

And in that regard, Revan is very very low tier.

Most of his "feats" are gameplay or ambiguous quotes.

So he's a Force Pirate. Arrrr.

Not impressive.

It would also help if he maybe showed some actual abilities.

I didn't realize the two had anything in common.

Their objectives were totally different so how can one succeed where the other never tried?

And Sidious wiped out the entire Jedi Order.

Except...that was his machinations, not his own power.

An impressive feat to be sure to show brilliance but when talking about power in the Force, it isn't viable.

ABC Logic. Now you're reaching.

As I'm the only one who's provided canon sources for every single claim, it seems kinda like you're the one who should go there.

Darth Sexy
Revan is on a very very low tier? WHat the hell are you smoking?

Darth Hord
Nikkolas im just gonna says that you didnt quote the duels he won which are great feats, and can you name any other force user who had techniques that bane was scared of? And those force powers that we know he has are powerful. Defeating a small of army of droids or (there a couple dozen at least before the duel with malak) which in th eclone wars killed many jedi who had back yet revan survived is a great feat. It was because of him alone that the republic defeated the mandalorians is a great accomplishment/feats.

Nikkolas
A. What great duels? The fight with SF Malak is gameplay. We don't know what happened.

B. What other Sith did Bane learn from? Only notable knowledgable Sith he learned from was Revan. If he had been studying Exar Kun and Nihilus and all the other big names before him, then it be more impressive.

But can you tell me how he did this? What he did?

Feats without context are worthless.

I reference the Simpsons.

"Just last week, I knocked out Muhammad Ali!"

Sounds impressive until you know the context.

Obi-Wan beat AnakiN Skywalker.

Sounds impressive until you know the context.

Just saying he did this and did that without a how or what leaves the feat empty because the how is what really makes the feat impressive.

Anakin beat Count Dooku:

The how: he beat him in a lightsaber duel in around a minute.

See how we gain context and the feat grows more impressive with the details?

Darth Hord

Nikkolas
I never said he wasn't a great teacher.

Also, you seem to know about Revan a lot so I'm asking if you remember Traya or anyone ever saying he ripped apart buildings with the Force?

Also, did he rip the Rakatan language from the whole species or just a single Rakata? Got the exact scene or quote?

Finally, didn't he turn Jedi to the dark side because they were on Sith worlds and not just by his presence?

Darth Hord
I never said he wasn't a great teacher.
fair enough

I dont recall this one to well, id will try and look for it.

yeah it was the entire species here is what the one said:

I believe that some of the ones closer to revan such as malak and few others (not the exile)were contaminated by his his presence a little but we do know that malak was also falling to the darkside because of his journeys with revan to find the star forge. And alot more wwere corrupted at mlachor v also believed to be where revan was also corrupted. Kreia says this about the planet

And the jedi that revan felt that were not going to remain loyal to him in the jedi civil war were killed because of the mass shadow generator.

Nikkolas
But that quote just says he ripped the language from a single Rakata.

Darth Hord
But that quote just says he ripped the language from a single Rakata. yes but

Plus he had to rip it out of them all because other wise none of the others would understand him because he had to put in galactic basic and no human could make the voice tone into the dialect needed to pronounce what a rakatan says. I wonder if he did to the elders too and i also wonder y he cant understand the sand people. But that was probably part of the plot to add in hk 47

Darth Sexy
Explain to me how ripping one language and throwing in another one ISNT a testament of one's power?

Nikkolas
Who said it wasn't?

Darth Hord
Who said it wasn't?
no one i think and did u understand my second comment about it?

Nikkolas
Yes I did.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>