Darth Nihilus vs. Darth Sion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Who would prevail

The Ones
tough match. since nihlus got killed by her apprentice dieing and sion came back 3 times, niether can be killed easlily.

Morridini
Originally posted by The Ones
since nihlus got killed by her apprentice dieing

I don't quite understand what u are saying in that sentence.

The Ones
nihlus and her apprentice share a force bond. what happens to one, happens to the other. if one dies, the other dies. if once gets there hand cut off, the other has a huge pain on there hand. etc..

ArthasKnight
Sion would win I think, because he can die and keep coming back. Nihilus dies and that's it, he's dead.

Darth_Janus
Alright, when I murdered Nihilus (And I didn't even need any of my comrades to do it) his apprentice did not die. Rather, she was already becoming bound to me. But as much as Nihilus was reputed to be a badass and all, in combar he or it was a slouch, and Force immunity pretty much made him worthless as an adversary. (I used a Jedi Guardian/Weapons Master with master dueling, high dex and weapon finesse... A fine combo) Sion wasn't much more difficult, but one thing I noticed is you defeat his will, not his body. To be defeated, you have to convince him he will lose. Otherwise, the fight goes on and on.

But if it was a match between one and the other, I would think Sion would be the victor. Nihilus never struck me as being much of a Sith Lord anyways.

Morridini
Originally posted by The Ones
nihlus and her apprentice share a force bond. what happens to one, happens to the other. if one dies, the other dies. if once gets there hand cut off, the other has a huge pain on there hand. etc..

Ok, I was a bit set out by the fact that u called Nihilus a"her" when he is clearly a man. And we did not win the fight by his apprentice dying, she didn't die.

And I think Nihilus would win in a fight between him and Sion, I had some trouble killing Nihilus but Sion was piece of cake.

Darth_Janus
How did you have trouble killing Nihilus? Did you accidentally unplug your controller in mid-combat? Darth Nihilus was weaker than a Krayt dragon in KOTOR 1. He could only heal himself using life drain, so if you used force immunity and kept an eye on your health, the guy couldn't touch you and would die out quickly

Morridini
Well, I said that I had trouble with him compared to with Sion.
And I did actually have some trouble with him since I didn't get to choose my own team, neither Visas nor Mandalore had I used before so they were unfamiliar to me and they also had crappy abilities. And as for using powers as Force Immunity, I had no defensive powers, only Visas had the ability to heal. And almost every time Nihilus hit me, my character got stunned.

While the Sion battle was far more easier. I just used Force Crush all the time, even when he was "Saved" from the attack he still got thrown in the ground and lost some life, buying me enough time to use it on him again and again. So overall Nihilus was harder to beat then both sion and Traya.

Darth_Janus
Hm. A pity you didn't learn to fully appreciate Visas. She's an incredible character. And Mandalore isn't a pushover either. (ONly guy never to die on me) Consider Force immunity in future games. It takes awhile to get, but it is so worth it.

JC Denton
Nihilus was a wound in the force, just like the Exile, and could take on a large group of Jedi maybe, but against just one, he couldn't even really "sense" you according to TSL, so Sion would win hands down.

Naga Sadow
well i think nihilus would win, because the reason he was that easy to beat is that he drained on u and became weak and all that.....
and besides, krea was sayin "There are techniques in the force against which there is no defence" so if sion would face nihilus in his full strenght nihilus would win, because he would suck the force from sion and the only thing that keeps sion 2gether is the force

Darth Revan33
Its hard to say. In game difficulty it would obviously be Sion. However, if you compare how easy it is to kill each of them just once, then Nihilus would be harder. You also have to take into account the fact that you have two companions against Nihilus and not against Sion. Sion was also on Korriban or Malachor V when he regenerated, which enhanced his dark side power and Nihilus was just on a ship. In knowledge of the force and as a threat to the galaxy I would have to say Nihilus but in a duel I would say Sion would probably win.

Julie
Sion probably that coming back to life thing was interesting

Darth_Glentract
Nihilus was probably easier than Colonel Tobin in the Ravenger if you went dark.

Darth Destroyer
I agree if you to fought Nihilus as a dark lord he's a joke but sion you had to cut down three times before he was convinced you were stronger so my vote is with sion.

Revan Darkstar
well when you fight Nihilius you do have two other people with you, also, like someone else already said, he was a hole in the force, and since Sion is just held together by the force, Nihilius would just remove that from his, causing Sion to fall apart.
Also, watch the movie when Kreia looses her title of Dark Lady, it is Nihilius who defeats her, using force crush I imagine. He could then just do that to Sion over and over again.
When Kreia comes back, she easily dominates Sion, making me think that it took Nihilius to defeat her.
Nihilius is also very strong in the force, he was able to wipe out an entire planet with his technique, he can also hold together a battleship, and move it through hyperspace, just by willpower.
That was what impressed me the most, when you fight him, he is having to concentrate on keeping all his slaves in line, holding the battleship together in the middle of a war, and fighting 3 opponents. Not bad.
He can also freeze the Exile, Visas and Mandalore like nothing, and he is the only one who has ever frozen my character, and he did it often and like it was nothing.
Visas also always speaks about him like he is a god, something she does for no other character.

I have to say that Nihilius would win, but Sion would put up a decent fight.

Darth_Glentract
was Nihilus stronger before he was cut into piecs since he didn't have to concentrate on holding himself toghter?

SnakeEyes
Your thinking of Sion...

Darth_Glentract
ya, i meant sion

Darth_Janus
Sion lives with pain. It is his strength. Nihilus' power comes from desperation and hunger. It would be his undoing. Sion's will would keep him alive, no matter the odds. I don't believe Nihilus could successfully cow Sion like the exile and Kreia could.

And as for him freezing you, it's probably because you didn't use the nifty force immunity power, or had the crappy saving throws of a Jedi Master/Sith Lord. Those two have the worst saves in the game. But I can't say. He never froze me. After my first hit he was too busy trying to suck my life out to heal himself. And since he couldn't...

But I will give Nihilus credit where it is deserved. He -was- keeping the ship, the slaves, and much more under his command while fighting three opponents (even if you could argue Canderous was a flea next to a Sith lord, in mixed company he was fine support).

I'm a bit divided. One thing I will say, however... Sion was considered one of the greatest Sith assassins in sith history. His specialty was more or less a saber to the back. Nihilus was hunger given personification. The battle would be circumstantial. On the bridge of the Ravager? Sion. Elsewhere... Perhaps Nihilus. Who can tell?

Revan Darkstar
actually I was a sith lord, maybe thats why, hmm...

But I still have to say Nihilius would beat Sion since Kreia dominated him easily, and when you watch the movie of Kreia loosing her title, it is Nihilius who does all the work, Sion just tortures her a bit, Nihilius does all the work. And since when Kreia came back, she had Sion licking her boots, it must have taken Nihilius to defeat her. And if Nihilius could defeat Kreia, he could defeat Sion.

Darth_Janus
Fair enough. Nihilus wins.

Darth Mantis
nihilus.

doom929999
eek! ok darth Nihilus and darth sion would win and lose BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON IT'S TRUE I HAVE THE OFFICAL XBOX MAG IT SAID HE JUST PUTS ON A MASK eek!

§cooter
What difficulty do you guys play on messed

Lord Darkstar
The hardest one possible for me, and why was this thread brought back? It is old and was decided long ago

calvin44
Originally posted by doom929999
eek! ok darth Nihilus and darth sion would win and lose BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON IT'S TRUE I HAVE THE OFFICAL XBOX MAG IT SAID HE JUST PUTS ON A MASK eek!
FTW??? How can they both be at the core of Malachor V during Kriea's betrayal?

Lightsnake
Wouldn't Nihilius just drain Sion of the force and leave him a husk?

The Overmaster
Has anyone other than me actually taken control of Sion with the Mind Dominating force move? When I did that I was like WHOA!! Too bad there wasnt any sith alive in the academy to sic him on or take him to fight Traya. It was cool, but irritating, all i did was just stand there for a good 2 mins before it wore off.

The Overmaster
The comment above was just FYI.

calvin44
Originally posted by The Overmaster
Has anyone other than me actually taken control of Sion with the Mind Dominating force move? When I did that I was like WHOA!! Too bad there wasnt any sith alive in the academy to sic him on or take him to fight Traya. It was cool, but irritating, all i did was just stand there for a good 2 mins before it wore off.
I find this hard to beleive.

Sorgo
Nihilus wins.

Nihilus virtually eats the Force, correct?

All he really has to do is suck the Force out of Sion and Sion falls to the ground in like... two hundred pieces.

Nihilus also got his ass beat because the Exile had his friends with him.

Sorgo
As I recall, the all powerful Kreia got put on her ass when she tried to oppose Nihilus. And then Sion kicked the ever living shit out of her AFTER Nihilus shoved her on her ass.

Fishy
Yeah thats pretty much correct, Nihilus would pwn Sion...

Dark Aristokrat
Yeah. How things have changed...

Darth Traya
Nihilus outclasses Sion. And he wipes him out in some of the cut content. Nihilus doesn't even bother to ignite his sabre, he just lifts a finger and poof! Sion gets tossed around like a ragdoll and Nihilus leaves him to limp off.

Nihilus wins.

overlord
And in swordsman-skills? smile

calvin44
Originally posted by Sorgo
Nihilus wins.

Nihilus virtually eats the Force, correct?

All he really has to do is suck the Force out of Sion and Sion falls to the ground in like... two hundred pieces.

Nihilus also got his ass beat because the Exile had his friends with him.
I thought the only reason Nihilus wins is because The Exile is a hole/wound in the force.

Fishy
Originally posted by Dark Aristokrat
Yeah. How things have changed...

More information changes a lot of things, just look at the Revan vs Exar thread... The big one not one of the newer one's. Read it and then compare it with what we know today... We were so off back then.

tarfeef101
Nihilus wins easy. he has a bad-ass mask.

tarfeef101
but in all seriousness Sion is not as good of a duelist as Nihilus, and eventually Nihilus would physically drain him enough to be able to consume his force energy, and would win. Plus he still has a bad-ass mask

Freedon Nadd
Here it is a draw!

Because one is a devouring spectre and the other an undead warrior.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
Its hard to say. In game difficulty it would obviously be Sion. However, if you compare how easy it is to kill each of them just once, then Nihilus would be harder. You also have to take into account the fact that you have two companions against Nihilus and not against Sion. Sion was also on Korriban or Malachor V when he regenerated, which enhanced his dark side power and Nihilus was just on a ship. In knowledge of the force and as a threat to the galaxy I would have to say Nihilus but in a duel I would say Sion would probably win.

Sorry to break it to you but only at the time of the Dark Triumvirate, Malachor V was the site of a dark side nexus. But after the Mass Shadow Generator was activated and extinguished so many lives in an instant, it breached the fabric of the Force and left only a large Wound in the Force there, echoes of the screaming fallen. Another example of such an astrological site is Alderaan after the Death Star destroyed it.

Sinious
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Here it is a draw!

Because one is a devouring spectre and the other an undead warrior.

No it's not.

carthage
Mass Shadow Generator sounds like a cool band name

McP
Nihilus stomps, Sion is only usefull as distraction in some 2v1 fights.

QuakeBlood
I'm not sure Nihilus can kill Scion, he took the force drain in the cut content and got right back up. But depending on the environment there are other ways for Nihilus to neutralize him without having to kill him and Scion won't be able to do anything back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.