Unfair casting...and your opinions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DLgymnast
I auditioned for a gymnastics movie called "Stick-it" while I was at a big meet in Texas. I was told that I had to be a certine level, or at least have certine skills, in ordered to be considered. And I did. Well, I just recently found out that two girls who's gymnastics level didn't fit what was required got the two lead roles, and I still haven't found out if I got it or not. So I have only been in a few small school plays, my acting abilities are pretty good, and my skill level is higher then the two girls in the leading roles. Has that ever happened to you?

ragesRemorse
you obviously were not what they were looking for. The casting process is always biased, that is just common knowledge. The cast of the matrix had no knowledge on acrobatics or martial arts, but were cast because they were fitting.

DLgymnast
I guess, and there is still a chance I could get a smaller role, but it kinda sucks when they cahnge requierments on you.

Wolfie
Sorry to say but were they more attractive than you? That's a big factor for Hollywood, look at Carrie. The book was about a fat girl with bad skin.

DLgymnast
I really can't say cuz i don't know how pretty they would think I am, and I have no clue what they look like. All I know is that when I read the part for Mina, they said I sounded great and they said they weren't just saying it and that I would be perfect playing a shy timid girl like her.
But your right. Thats probably the reason.

Smasandian
As Rage said, you probably werent consider because they were looking for somebody particular.
It happens all over the place.
I cant find the job in the field I want to work in for unknowns reasons. I have the education and training but I guess Im not what they're looking for. Hirer's have somesort of characteristic that they want more than others.
It happens.

Cinemaddiction
Better suited for the GDF.

Capt_Fantastic
Really? Are you serious? We should care? No one cares about the rest of us.

Imperial_Samura
A sad opinion there, either sadder as it is often true. The acting industry generally seems to be an unfair place, where truly talented people can be past over for seemingly less talented people (but who is to say what is and isn't talent). Still, don't let it get you down, and keep on trying. Many great actors and actresses have at least one similar story.

Morning_Glory
"stick it" ????????

is it going to be a straight to video movie? no expression

Ignite
It is unfair that u may have been over looked
and ppl that aren't as good as u mite have got
the part.
but soo many ppl give up after sumthink like this so
dont.
sooner or later u'll get the credit u deserve. big grin

Adam_PoE
What level are you? I am a certified gymnastics instructor in the state of Illinois and I used to compete at level 10.

Jackie Malfoy
confused1What is unfair!JM

Storm
Read the bloody topic JM.

Jackie Malfoy
Name is Jackie and I read it aready.JM

Storm
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
confused1What is unfair!JM
Then this is pointless.

A4E
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Really? Are you serious? We should care? No one cares about the rest of us.

y r u so mean?

Imperial_Samura
Jakie, the point that DLgymnast is making is that they feel it is unfair they were told for the main part the chosen person needed certain skills, which DLgymnast had. However DLgymnast discovered later that the people who were cast for the parts didn't really have the skills that the casters said were required, so technically it is unfair.

botankus
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
"stick it" ????????

is it going to be a straight to video movie? no expression

Straight to TBS with a 3 AM premier time slot, more like it.

periera
Unfortunately, the way it goes in Hollywood is that it's not what you know, but it's who you know. Plus, the "look" IS a big thing.

Apparently, it also doesn't hurt to be screwing the right people as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ou Be Low hoo
Yes, I am not in total agreement with my ability to disagree with what you said. It is. Not. Isn't not fair. Turtle, turtle fish, fish.

Imperial_Samura
*Nods sagely.

DLgymnast
I injured myself right before I started level 7, so I had to go back to six, but I am going seven one meet then 8 right after that. I know they haven't picked everyone yet, but its getting annoying that I haven't heard anything. Adam Poe, What gym do you coach at?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by DLgymnast
I injured myself right before I started level 7, so I had to go back to six, but I am going seven one meet then 8 right after that. I know they haven't picked everyone yet, but its getting annoying that I haven't heard anything. Adam Poe, What gym do you coach at?

I no longer coach.

You are entitled to contact the casting agent and inquire wether they are typing. If they are, the lead roles may be cast by a combination of appearance and personality and not necessarily gymnastic skill.

DLgymnast
I can? Cool. Thanks smile

Linkalicious
I see this stuff everyday.

At the studio where I work at, on more than one occasion, I've seen someone leave an audition just livid because they were a more talented actor/actress than the person that got the role.

You wouldn't believe how many people came to audition for the part of Ryan on The O.C. If I had to guess...I'd say 2,500 people went home disappointed that day.

DLgymnast
That really sucks. I have the talent, I was told I do, but I made some comment about not doing it if it was still during season, so that might of had something to do with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.