Frankenstein Remake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punker69
I think they should make a Frankenstien remake what do you guys think?Because the first one was good was so cheesy and low budget and I really want to see a remake of it.

Jamief90
What do you mean by the first Frankenstine?? The 1994 Kenneth Branagh version or the 1931 version with Boris Karloff as The Monster??

I like the '94 version, don't think a big 'Hollywood' remake would be good at all

roundisfunny
If you're talking about the 1931 version, you're right about it being low budget. Its cost to make was $291,000--low even for those days. Its companion flick, "Dracula" (1931) cost $355,000; and the Charlie Chaplin movie of the year, "City Lights" had a budget of $1.5 million.

"Frankenstein" (1931) has made $12 million since then, though, so it's probably the most profitable of the three. As for its being "cheesy", well...you have to consider that different things scared people back then.

In the 40's, a war film was all that was needed to scare the pants off of the public.

In the 50's, it was the red menace and atomic mutation, in the form of alien invasions and mutated bugs.

It seems as though the classic monsters made a comeback in the 60's, but that interest died out when the slasher movies took over.

Anyway, according to the IMDb, the "Frankenstein" character (or rather, the monster) has been in over 1,000 films. The last remake (that I can remember) was the ho-hum Kenneth Branagh version, which cost $45 million but made only $22 million domestic (and little elsewhere).

I've always believed that the movie was only made because Copolla's "Dracula" (1992) was such a success (budget: $40 million. Worldwide gross: $192 million).

Since "Frankenstein" (1994) sucked so bad, however, there was a drought in classic movie monster movies until "The Mummy" (1999).

It's the same with any movie trend. There will be several more comic book-based movies until they ALL start sucking, then there won't be any for awhile. Wait and see.

Punker69
I just really want to see it remade.I want to get bigger scares and a scarier looking frankenstien smile.is that so wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.