Spidey's Weaknesses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
what are Spidey's weaknesses.
I don't no any

Jimmy Buggs
his friends and family members being in harms way, or when he is fighting someone who he cares about, for example , the lizard aka dr conners and harry osborn as the green goblin

Ock
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/spideyock.gif

He underestimated Doc Ock stick out tongue

TJEscobar
He doesn't have a life threatening weakness like kryptonite or anything, but he biggest weakness is his balance of life in and out the costume. He is always late, never gets the girl, and always finds his friends in danger. His indecisiveness also makes them hard for them, but that is what makes Spiderman so cool. His human flaws make him perhaps the best comic book hero ever. Superman is well....Superman, Batman is rich, but Spiderman has perhaps the hardest life in and outside the costume. He always broke, embarased, tardy, failing class, or getting fired from his job, but he shrugs it off with his sarcasm.

BlackC@t
I agree, the balance in his life and in the costume is his weakness.

Also the people he loves.

Ketchuptome
Ohh.
I see now thank u all

doctorstrongbad
Yeah if Spiderman went hard core he would be hard to stop. With out a family or loved ones to hold captive he could get a lot more crime fighting done.

dominic/wolf
well one thing is hes a pussy hes pink or what i like to call tuna boy its the turth ow and hes human he can killed by
_ stabbed in the face
_ shot
_ intistines ripped out
_ decappetated and so one BIATCHHES

BlackC@t
He can dodge bullets VERY easily. He's too quick to be shot, stabbed, or decapitated.

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Yeah if Spiderman went hard core he would be hard to stop. With out a family or loved ones to hold captive he could get a lot more crime fighting done.

Then.... he'd become like Venom. evil face

dominic/wolf
Originally posted by BlackC@t
He can dodge bullets VERY easily. He's too quick to be shot, stabbed, or decapitated.

that was at close range if hes was being shot from 12 feet away hed be dead same with projectiles

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Then.... he'd become like Venom. evil face

I would like to see a darker side to Spiderman. Well at least maybe one story arc like lets say some villain puts MJ into a coma. Spidey loses it and turns hard core. If he happens to get his old venom suit back I would allow it. smile

dominic/wolf
thats what i thought fanboy

Darth_Nefarus
I don't think a bullet would ever hit him because of the Spider-Sense. Unless you had a minigun

Red Superfly
Actually, he has loads of weaknesses. His Spider-sense isn't infallable. Sometimes he just isn't THAT quick. Even Kingpin can grab him every now and then. When he's caught, he gets beat up prettty easily.

Also, his webshooters were a good weakness and added a good balance to the character, until they stupidly got rid of them.

the_wanderer
If Spidey went hardcore, venom wouldn't stand a chance... think about it, the punisher's attitude with Spiderman's powers, he would be unstoppable, and if Dominic Wolf ever read the old comics he would know that Spidey's Spider Sense works too quick for that, Spidey's only true weakness, besides his friends and family, is Venom b/c he can get by Spidey's spider sense.

Red Superfly
Dude, Doc Ock can get past his Spider-Sense. His arms have been faster than Spider-Man. Ock has also outsmarted Spider-Man before.

He isn't unstoppable, although he is amazing.

He's my favourite superhero of all time because he's so well balanced. He's powerful and awe-nspiring, but not overly rediculous, and he can be beaten to a pulp by MOST supervillains.

the_wanderer
did you ever see the underground Spidey Vs Superman comic? Spidey whooped Superman to a pulp and Superman is invulnerable to almost everything!

the_wanderer
And I mean if Spiderman got the Punisher's attitude he would be unstoppable.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by the_wanderer
did you ever see the underground Spidey Vs Superman comic? Spidey whooped Superman to a pulp and Superman is invulnerable to almost everything!

I haven't heard about underground comics do you own them? Can you show us some the pics?

I think having a story about Spider-man becoming hard core and then going back would show everybody another side of him. He has always been the hero but if he was to show off his dark side it would be very interesting.

the_wanderer
yea um The new MTV show...anyone seen it?

doctorstrongbad
yea um The new MTV show...anyone seen it?

What show are you talking about? The show has spider-man on it? cool

Tactics
Venom.

Tactics
Carnage.

the_wanderer
it is a Spiderman show, cell shaded and stuff, anyway Kraven the hunter, Spidey was hypnotized into thinking MJ was killed by him and he went all out on Kraven, Kraven was ready to cry for his Mommy!

Reborn Again
A deep sense of justice, and overwhelming devotion to morality, and he just can't stop eating those street vender hotdogs.

Nataku8188
If Spidey went hardcore, venom wouldn't stand a chance... think about it, the punisher's attitude with Spiderman's powers, he would be unstoppable, and if Dominic Wolf ever read the old comics he would know that Spidey's Spider Sense works too quick for that, Spidey's only true weakness, besides his friends and family, is Venom b/c he can get by Spidey's spider sense.

Venom only 'losses' when spidey gets help. Venom is stronger than spiderman, and he doesnt set off spidey's spidersense.

the_wanderer
I know, Venom kicks butt, in the end spidey had to fake his death to get Venom off his back. I'm just saying Spidey is held back by his feelings, if he went berserker Venom wouldn't stand a chance.

Nataku8188
I know, Venom kicks butt, in the end spidey had to fake his death to get Venom off his back. I'm just saying Spidey is held back by his feelings, if he went berserker Venom wouldn't stand a chance.

And I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about. You think spidey was holding back against venom? He wasn't.

doctorstrongbad
Okay we all agree that venom is a great guy, but this is about spiderman. So yeah his friends and family are his major weakness. He should send them on a trip to Europe or something and then start kicking some villain but. hehe

White Symbiote
Oh please, everyone knows Spidey's weakness is mashed potatoes.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by dominic/wolf
well one thing is hes a pussy hes pink or what i like to call tuna boy its the turth ow and hes human he can killed by
_ stabbed in the face
_ shot
_ intistines ripped out
_ decappetated and so one BIATCHHES
He can take bullets, he has taken bullets. At close range, if a gunman was aiming at his chest with a really powerful gun then yes, he would most likely be killed, but again, I've seen Spidey take multiple bullets on the run without yelping.

And while he could be killed by someone who stabbed in the face, it would have to be someone with superhuman strength, a human probably couldn't thrust a knife into the face of someone who dents steel when thrown into it......

Intestines ripped out.....again it would take someone with superhuman strength to shove their fist through Spidey's stomach and rip out his intestines, and Spidey would have to stand there and allow it, which has little chance of happening.

Same goes for the decapitation theory, a human couldn't get the job done, nuh-uh.

colossus17
he is not that durable...it wouldnt be that hard....his durability level is maybe twice that of an average human....+he has a healing factor which is like 4 times faster then humans...in the movie spidy is more durable

VENOMfan
Venom didnt set off Scarlet Spider's protective sense and was still able to handle him hand to hand wise, Venom has a spidersense too its just not as fast

SS only won due to gadget he had on hand

Venom could become just as frenzied as Spiderman and fight just as feirce

thus Spidey will never become mad enuf to really manhandle Venom, ever

badsymbiote
Originally posted by VENOMfan
Venom didnt set off Scarlet Spider's protective sense and was still able to handle him hand to hand wise, Venom has a spidersense too its just not as fast

SS only won due to gadget he had on hand

Venom could become just as frenzied as Spiderman and fight just as feirce

thus Spidey will never become mad enuf to really manhandle Venom, ever

Yep--what he said.

I'd say Spidey's greatest employable weakness is his desire to protect endangered people--remember in S2 with Ock atop the subway car? Ock was tossing people off and attacking Spidey while he caught those thrown off. His enemies KNOW he'll save anyone they may put in jeopardy while in battle.

SpyCspider
women..... wink

he can never decide which one to go for, or when he wants one, he can't ever seem to make it right.

y'know for a nerd, Peter's got lotta hotties wanting him

doctorstrongbad
Well some chicks dig nerds I guess. It takes them a while to like Peter but he is the classic "nice guy". Anyways back to the topic, not counting his friends and family he doesn't really have a weakness.

Spideys Sister
what friends? Peter only has harry(who hates him by the way) and mj(who is superjealous of every girl who crosses his path)

doctorstrongbad
Well it depends on what comic, In Amazing he has fellow teachers and students as friends. Peter is a really friendly guy but he tends to be over protective of them. That equals a weakness.

Spideys Sister
Thats a huge weakness

doctorstrongbad
Peter's only other weakness would be that he likes to do everything solo, except for the new avengers thing. Even when he is out numbered he will always try to do things alone.

Spideys Sister
why is he still holding back when he shouldnt? even when hes pissed

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
why is he still holding back when he shouldnt? even when hes pissed

Well he is a hero, if he didn't hold back he would knock a person's head off by punching them.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by colossus17
he is not that durable...it wouldnt be that hard....his durability level is maybe twice that of an average human....+he has a healing factor which is like 4 times faster then humans...in the movie spidy is more durable
Spidey is alot more durable than the average guy, there is the whole factor of superhuman strength and superhuman durability going hand in hand, and Spidey's around the class 15-20 range. He's defintely within the bullet taking range.

Spidey's sold short in terms of durabilty because comics underrate him like that.

Goldenskull777
wheelchairwhip Whip it.

Goldenskull777
rifle_____________raygun FIGHT!

Goldenskull777
pokey Poke that shit.

Next Venom_girl
Man, did you see this week's Spiderfan comic? That's just messed up:
http://www.spiderfan.org/cgi-bin/fun.pl?date=20050530

Spideys Sister
Thats not even remotely close to right.

doctorstrongbad
Poor Spider-man, I'm surprised he didn't kick Jarvis's but.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.