Worst metal bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
What are some of the worst Metal bands you've heard?

Poison
Ratt
Mudvayne

Afro Cheese
Cradle of Filth.

Depends on what you consider metal. If bands like Limp Biskit are metal then definitely them.

SlipknoT
Cradle of Filth are far from the worst but hey....

Afro Cheese
Matter of opinion. I can't stand Cradle of Filth.

Lord_Andres
Slip, Poison and Ratt are quite good, much better then Cradle of Filth wich indeed do suck, or as BF once said they sound like a cat that has been sat on fire!

Ignite
i cant stand Mudvayne
my friend listens to them over and over
and over!!
its bloody annoying!

tabby999
i got nothing against mudvayne

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Lord_Andres
Slip, Poison and Ratt are quite good, much better then Cradle of Filth wich indeed do suck, or as BF once said they sound like a cat that has been sat on fire! Poison and Ratt are cheesy 80's hair "metal"

Ignite
Originally posted by tabby999
i got nothing against mudvayne

i didnt use to...
but hes....they r his life...
its gets old

Afro Cheese
I hate hair metal as well

Darth Revan
Any hair metal band... And Limp Bizkit.

Myth
Hmmm... I can already see who would attack me if I voiced my opinion here. I can just imagine being ganged up on with the "You don't know shit about music" type comments, so it is pointless for me to say unless I were to be just looking to pick a stupid board message fight. wink

tabby999
i dont mind some of the old Limp Bizkit, but there new stuff.....eeewwwwwww! **** that hombre

room #99
Slipknot
Cradle of filth
Godsmack ( if they are considered metal )

Korri
Spinal Tap smile

Deathblow
I would say Slipknot, but I can't bring myself to because Wait And Bleed really is a classic..so, worst metal band I've ever heard has to be 3 Inches Of Blood.

Df02
Disturbed...
Godsmack
Cradle of Filth

Filth
What do you all have against Cradle of Filth? ah well

There is nothing wrong with Mudvyne either, I went to a mosh pit on saturday and they were playing it all night real fun big grin

I would have to say Poison because they just suck real bad, Venom because they just try far to hard to be black metal and there not even close and Limp Bizket if they can even be classed as metal because they suck soooo bad.

Df02
lol, how can a band try to be Black metal...BEFORE Black metal?
Venom were crap, but they were trying to be anything other than that

Korri
Originally posted by Filth
What do you all have against Cradle of Filth?.

no expression they suck

Filth
Originally posted by Df02
lol, how can a band try to be Black metal...BEFORE Black metal?
Venom were crap, but they were trying to be anything other than that

I'll have you know Venom have a song called black metal and there second album (in 1982) was called black metal, so dont give me that shit, next get your facts right before criticizing. Just so you cant argue with my obviously higher intellect i have took the time to get the lyrics for this song they are as follows:

Black is the night, metal we fight
Power amps set to explode
Energy screams, magic and dreams
Satan records the first note.
We chime the bell, chaos and hell
Metal for maniacs pure.
Fast melting steel, fortune on wheels
Brain haemorrhage is the cure
For BLACK METAL
lay down your soul to the gods rock `n' roll

Freaking so wild, nobody's mild
Giving it all that you've got.
Wild is so right, metal tonight
Faster than over the top.
Open the door, enter hells core
Black is the code for tonight
Atomic force, feel no remorse
Trunk up the amps now it's night
BLACK METAL
metal ten fold through the deadly black hole
riding hells stallions bareback and free
faking our chances with raw energy

Come ride the night with us
Rock hard and fight
United my legions we stand
Freak hard and wild for us
Give up your souls
Live for the guest satans band

Against the adds, black metal gods
Fight to achieve our goal
Tasting a spell, leather and hell
Black metal gods rock `n' roll
Building up steam, nuclear screams
War-heads are ready to fight
Black leather hounds, faster than sound
Metal our purpose in life.
BLACK METAL
black metal

Df02
errr lol...they were formed in 1970 and never really changed there style throughout until they broke up.
they were the original Black Metal band that every Black Metal band today has gained something from, infact the reason its called Black Metal is because of the album they released of the same name.

if you can name a proper *BLACK METAL* band formed before Venom, ill concede to your point...

EDIT: also, surely the fact that they have a song called Black Metal proves nothing in this argument, either way. if anything its helping my point that they ARE Black Metal

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Korri
no expression they suck Go listen to St. Anger....

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Deathblow
I would say Slipknot, but I can't bring myself to because Wait And Bleed really is a classic..so, worst metal band I've ever heard has to be 3 Inches Of Blood. 3 Inches of Blood, are so cheesy, but I like em.

barbarossa
Guns 'n Roses. God I hate those jerks, their one saving grace was Slash- that guy is awsome.

tabby999
Originally posted by SlipknoT
3 Inches of Blood, are so cheesy, but I like em.

i heard them a few times, they are just wannabes, they're like Wolfmother, they just take a heap of older bands styles and make it into one, people think they're the saviours of metal and rock and then they get a heap of attention. screw 'em

StinkFist462
disturbed , godsmack , limp bizkit , linkin park , hair metal bands , and some local metal bands that i dont bother remembering the names of

SlipknoT
Linkin park is far from metal

Filth
Yeah they are far from metal and they suck.

I hate Guns 'n Roses i though slash was a compleat t**t aswell

jaden101
machinehead

those guys were ****in guff

Df02
Machinehead????
omg they were great in their day, recently they been a bit off par but hardly worst band sad

smarcus
im scared now if someone says linkin park sad

lol... erm... ... ...

i dunno i dont think any band is particulalry shit as long as their entertaining people... i mean i hate guns n roses but i betya half the world disagrees

Morning_Glory
L.A. Guns was a horrible 80's metal band

SlipknoT
true

Korri
Go listen to St. Anger....

one album dude, one album.

jaden101
Originally posted by Df02
Machinehead????
omg they were great in their day, recently they been a bit off par but hardly worst band sad

recently as in everything after burn my eyes

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Korri
one album dude, one album. Re-Load, load, Garage Inc. whistle

Korri
Maybe i just have bad taste then cry

Meh, I can live with it. disgust

loserib
pappa roach if the count also cant stand killswitch engage but the very worst and i allways catch shit for ths is

KORN only half way decent player in that band is the drummer

tabby999
munky and head are both very talented, they were guitar dueling when i saw them play and they were going pretty hard.

loserib
ive seen them four times and have not seen them once ever do anything remotely talented the only songs i kinda like by korn was blind and some of the guitars in that song were written by the guy from orgy

NicktheBassist
Slipknot

Darth_Big_Boy
Cradle of Filth
Slipknot ( demos and first album were good but 2nd and 3rd....blah! )
Children Of Bodom
Iced Earth

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Darth_Big_Boy
Cradle of Filth
Slipknot ( demos and first album were good but 2nd and 3rd....blah! )
Children Of Bodom
confused

Korri
yes

Darth Revan
Cradle of Filth= thumb down

SlipknoT
Why some much dislike for Cradle of Filth?

Deathblow
Uhhh because they suck?

SlipknoT
Uhhh because they suck? I would expect something like that from a Simple plan fan confused

Korri
I would expect something like that from a real music fan erm

waspluver
worst is 80's hair metal cinderella sick

Deathblow
I would expect something like that from a Simple plan fan confused

If that was intended as an insult, it's amusingly lame.

And just for the record, CoF do suck. And I'd expect even the Simple Plan fans to know that.

Korri

And just for the record, CoF do suck. And I'd expect even the Simple Plan fans to know that.

i want a word with you no expression.

SlipknoT

No, if anything a compliment.

Korri
Something Sam is definatley not used to is compliments eyes

evil_made_flesh
are you kidding me venom are the fathers of black metal without them there would be no bands like mayhem, burzum, bathory.

Libertine
Most of them.

Alpha Centauri
Shall I do a worst Indie band thread? I'm sure that will be alot of fun.

Anyway, I never really liked Cradle of Filth to be honest.

-AC

Ronny
In my eyes if theyre bad, im not calling them metal no matter how 'hard-core' they are.

so none...

Reckoning
Anything by Ronny James Dio. He's awful.

I can't believe people here hated the 80s metal, especially since it influenced the metal of today big time. I grew up on it.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Reckoning
Anything by Ronny James Dio. He's awful.

I can't believe people here hated the 80s metal, especially since it influenced the metal of today big time. I grew up on it. We're talking about shitty hair metal like Posion or ratt.

Korri
Originally posted by Reckoning
I can't believe people here hated the 80s metal, especially since it influenced the metal of today big time. I grew up on it.

I dont no expression.

PunisherFan33
hey whoever is knocking godsmack needs to sht the f*** up and for one thing they r not metal they r hard rock (uh duh) mad

MetallicaT
motley crew sick

Re-Load, load, Garage Inc. whistle

nooooooooooooooooo.....not another person that only likes the "old stuff"...........

roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus
Originally posted by loserib
pappa roach if the count also cant stand killswitch engage but the very worst and i allways catch shit for ths is

KORN only half way decent player in that band is the drummer

Killswitch Engage is a very smart band. I've listened to metal for 15 years and experienced the changes and all, as well as the sell-outs.

I can't believe you would group them in the same category as embarrassments such as Pappa Roach and Korn!

loserib
just cant get into killswitch thier songs seem to cookie cutter to me

Darth Jello
Motley Crue, Cinderella, RATT, Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Lepperd, Van Halen, TSOL between 1987 and 1992 (not counting the reunion of the original members), Guns n Roses, Great White, Winger, Warrent, Metallica, Limp Bizkit, eech, i can't go on, all horrible, horrible shit

botankus
Originally posted by loserib
just cant get into killswitch thier songs seem to cookie cutter to me

So I take it you don't listen to Trivium, Twelve Tribes, or Grip, Inc. because they all play a lot off of each other. Except for Grip, who's a lot older.

PunisherFan33
nobody thinks im wrong bcause u know i would win anyway

Df02
the only part you were right about is that Godsmack are Hard Rock not Metal.

they still suck

Miss_Faye
Cradle of Filth, Mudvyne,Slipknot,Ratt
and much much MUCH more.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Miss_Faye
Cradle of Filth, Mudvyne,Slipknot,Ratt
and much much MUCH more. SO basically you dont like metal?

Miss_Faye
SO basically you dont like metal?

No I do. You ask for opinions and I gave it to you. big grin Those are just a few that I can't stand.

Impediment
If you consider them metal:
disturbed, linkin park, papa roach, chevelle, taproot

loserib
nope i have not heard that much from those bands

PunisherFan33
godsmack is sweet

morbidangel
cradle of filth puts black metal bands to shame, read up on the histroy of the band mayhem, those guys were well..............insane

guy commits suicide,writes note "excuse the blood" anothe rband member finds him(he shot himself in te head with a shotgun) takes a picture of his corpse and uses it as an album cover,the guy who took the picture was later killed by another band member, who subsequently went to jail,where he got out of the black metal scene,and became a neo nazi

Deathblow
Good grief. What a bunch of utter morons. I'm willing to bet hard cash their music sucked too.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by morbidangel
cradle of filth puts black metal bands to shame, read up on the histroy of the band mayhem, those guys were well..............insane

guy commits suicide,writes note "excuse the blood" anothe rband member finds him(he shot himself in te head with a shotgun) takes a picture of his corpse and uses it as an album cover,the guy who took the picture was later killed by another band member, who subsequently went to jail,where he got out of the black metal scene,and became a neo nazi Yea they're awsome.

bardock
good charloete should not be allowed within 50 feet of a musical instrument

TrAnCeDuO
velvet revolver, slipknot, mudvayne, godsmack, papa roach, alterbridge, and limp bizkit.

RagnaViper
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Cradle of Filth.

Depends on what you consider metal. If bands like Limp Biskit are metal then definitely them.

Cradle of Filth is definitely down there.

Limp Bizkit isn't metal, plus they have Wes Borlan back now so they can't be the worst even if they were metal.

I would have to say... hell, I don't know. Let's go with CoF.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by bardock
good charloete should not be allowed within 50 feet of a musical instrument

Yeah, because we ALL know Good Charlotte are metal. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Disturbed. If my cousin tries to play me anything of theirs again he will cease to exists. Cradle of Filth after definately down there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.