Was the ending to KotOR 2 worth the buy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArthasKnight
Ok, I've played through both endings (light/dark) twice and I am seriously disappointed by the endings.

Light side: You kill Darth Traya and you fly away on a suddenly not-so-destroyed Ebon Hawk and fly away from an imploding Malachor V. Mira supposedly did something useful and so did the remote but we never see/hear from them again.

Dark side: You kill Darth Traya....and that's it. The camera zooms away from the Trayus Academy and away from Malachor V. Again, the remote had some part to play but we never see it again.

The remainder of the game is awesome. I loved the civil war on Onderon, the mercenaries vs Khoonda on Dantooine, but I really hated Nar Shaddaa especially Go-To's yacht.

Anyway, who else thinks the ending is crap? It so did not live up to its predecessor.

SnakeEyes
I really hate the ending (have only played the Light Side one) but the Dark side does not seem any more promising. The first one had a really great ending, and I was expecting one from the sequel. But it just didn't deliver.

Darth_Janus
I agree. It was clearly rushed. And I felt the game could have gone on longer. I mean, there's a level cap at 50, and you have all these characters to train and make knights... what's the point of the whole last planet?

Morridini
Let us hope they will make a huge patch which will include all the cutted material, like the full ending and all the half done side quests.

Darth_Janus
Or just a patch that is a whole nother game to add onto this one.

Julie
the ending was blah but the rest of the game was worth it so overall....i;'d still buy it if I did it again

Sesse
What ending? They just took off to... where?
Dunno.

I think that they are going to milk the cow once more with KOTOR 3 "Far From the Galaxy" or something...

edit: And to rant a little more, I never cared too much about my party members when compared to KOTOR1.

ArthasKnight
Yes, the ending was way too rushed. Like, they hide everything during the course of the game and then divulge it all right at the end on one planet. It doesn't even give you time to figure it out, I had to play through a second time to even understand what they were all babbling about.

Julie
sesse...did you take the time to convert them to jedi??? have all the conversations??? that made them more interesting

Darth_Janus
Still, I kinda see his point. Once you'd been to the four measly planets, and trained them as Jedi, they weren't of much use other than as fodder in battle. Character development needed to be moreso.

Morridini
It wouldn't be too hard to get the original ending back. The data is still on the CD. Look at what I found in one of the folders for KotoR II: http://rapidshare.de/files/820642/attonevil.zip.html apparently this happens if u are a woman and has befriended the Disciple.

Darth_Janus
Curious. And what is this like?

Morridini
It's an audio file, of a scene from the original ending to Sith Lords.

Darth_Janus
Gotcha. Hm. I hope KOTOR III has at least four members in the party this time.

Sesse
Well... It looks like I gotta go for another ride.

Training them should be interested =)

Julie
yes do that.....lots of friends to make

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Morridini
It's an audio file, of a scene from the original ending to Sith Lords.

That's awesome! Is it still in the game? I haven't played through as a woman so I don't know.

Morridini
The sound files are in the KotoR2 folders, u can find them by going through all the sound files. But that's a part of the cut ending, so only way to experience it would be that Obsidian comes with a patch to merge those files into the game again.

ArthasKnight
I hope that happens, it would certainly make we want to actually beat the game and not just play up until Malachor V.

Julie
uh isn't Malachor V the end....wish the game were longer:-)

Fishy
LA screwed up big time on this game, they should have just let Obsidian finish it.

But i wouldn't be to worried about kotor III, if you hear what they had planned for II. It would be awesome if they could have finished it, and apparantly they have a lot more time for Kotor III. I think they can just release it when they think its ready. Which after how much of a dissapointment Kotor II was could probably take a long time.

Obsidian is probably going to spend a huge amount of time on Kotor III just to make sure they don't make a bad name. And don't count on a patch that will put all the cut stuff back in. They don't have the money or the time to make something like that.

Alatopel
Yeah, the ending was screwed. Everything else - wonderful.

From what I hear, the original ending went something like this:
Depending on who you have higher INF with, Kreia or Artis becomes Darth Traya. She gathers the sith, or something, and leads the attack on Telos. You defend Telos, and follow her to Malacor V. While in HS, if you're male, either Handmaiden or Visas comes and talks to you about going with you to defeat Traya. You tell her, No, she has to stay and train the Jedi who will follow you, and Revan, into the unknown regions. You land on Malacore V. Everyone else, somehow, manages to get away from the Hawk, and confront's Traya. She, single handedly, defeats all of them. Some may die, some don't. If you chose LS Male, Atton dosn't die. If you chose LS Female, he gets away, but is attacked by Sion, and you find him right before he dies. You then go and confront Traya, and (hopefully) kill her. If you chose LS Male, then on your way back to the Hawk after the battle, you run into Atton. He says something along the lines of "Where you going now? Well, where ever you're going, I'm coming along. I mean, who's going to save you, if I'm not there?" The Hawk launches, and you head off into the unknown regions.

The thing about the Remote/G0-T0 scene is this - HK-47 would show up, and depending on LS/DS, he'd either destroy G0-T0, or G0-T0 would activite programming he hid in HK, and have him destroy Remote.

I'd assume that the Mira/Hanhhar scene would be something like this : The group's going to confront Traya, and Hanhhar tries to stop them. Mira tells the rest to go on, she'll take care on Hanhhar. Battle scene.

Basicly, LA pushed the game too much, and they couldn't finish the ending. But a good amount of this is still in the disks, so hopefully enough attention will come to it that LA will request a content patch. I don't care about the deleated planets, I just want a freakn' ending!

Sesse
This so called official "ending" in the is about as akward as ending episode 3 at the moment when Ani takes the lava dive.

They really should complete it.

Fishy
If you want to see ending go to the cave in Korriban where those students were hiding in 1, you know with the Terentak, go to where that beast was hiding.

There is something in that cave you can see the real ending there... Or as it should have been sort of.

Your team confronts Kreia, and you either let her kill them or kill her. After that Obsidian might have thought about inserting a fight between you and Revan depending on whether you were LS or DS and what Revan was. Like it happends in the cave.

darthmaul1
that ending sucked asss with no revalation on the rest of your crew and you!
they should of just let bioware do this game too. I found the interface in the items menu worse as there was no option for new items so you had to search through every thing to find new items you have got.

icecream
Hmm, ending to KOTORII...

Well I'll be blunt, it does feel like you've been shafted, especially when you realize how much material was cut out and how its already there on the CD, just not implemented. However, I think the actual ending wasn't that bad... incomplete maybe, but satisfying nonetheless... leaves it open for a KOTORIII smile

ArthasKnight
I wouldn't even call it satisfying because it leaves you (well, me at least) so confused that I can't get much enjoyment out of it.

Darth_Janus
I agree. I needed much more closure than the events at Malachor V gave me. And the idea of fighting through the Sith academy was kinda moot, because even my Lightside- nonforce choke/maim/shock using Jedi could own the hell out of everyone there. No real point.

ArthasKnight
It's almost as if they made you much too strong this time around.

mephistodesigns
Definetly. I feel way more powerful as this character than Revan...and that's not right people! big grin But maybe III will pick up where this left off: with the search for Revan. Because, upon replaying it, I realized that's why you go there in the first place. I feel like I need a strategy guide before playing it again because, as many have said, there are so many side plots that aren't tapped into for too long. What was up with the droid ball thing? Why couldn't I drag it into the Hutt's office on Nar Shadda? Why didn't I have enough time to train my people? Was Mandalore ever formally unmasked as Ordo or did I just miss it?
I mean c'mon....
And it sucks too, because it felt better then the first one for soooo long, but then the end just sorta sucked it dry. I love what somebody pointed out earlier how the Hawk is suddenly not smashed when it flies you outta there....what was that about? I really loved the whole return to Dantooine, the dark master instructing you and you never knowing how far to trust her. The sith lords were really intimidating, until of course you fight them and wipe their Sith @$$es all over the duracrete. But they were cool none the less. But yeah, so many points that had the makings of a tremendously awesome game, but held back by the game being too short and too vague. Maybe III will make it all better, who knows...

Darth_Janus
The lack of a level twenty cap, being a Jedi from level one, prestige classes, and more powers, skills, etc. led to a much more powerful Jedi than we were allowed in KOTOR I. It's only natural we felt overpowered.

mephistodesigns
true, but I'm saying they shouldn't have let that happen, because it makes Revan feel somehow less, when he seems to be the overall focus of these games. All the other classes and stuff were cool though.

Darth_Janus
I agree. Revan should have had at least the same amount of powers if not more as the Exile, but I guess that's why they call it hindsight. In any case, we could imagine that Revan was the man because if he wasn't, the Exile mighta been the Sith Lord over Malak.

Fishy
That all just happend to make the game more interesting and to make it last longer. I doubt that Obisidian trully wanted to create a character stronger then Revan with no real story. I mean if you want to screw up a game series thats the way to do it

Areora
This should have been the ending(my ending at least):
You've killed Kreai/Traya and fly off into unknown space. After some time talking with your team about what happened on Malachor, you can access the star map and transport to any of the planets, where you are confronted by a messenger who tells you to go to the coordinates on a datapad he gives you. The datapad leads you to the unknown world in the first KOTOR. You land next to the ruins of a temple. You go inside the temple and find, after exploring a little, a meditation chamber. Inside is a corpse of a bounty hunter(looks like Calo Nord's body). After looting the corpse, Revan appears(star forge robes if you made him LS and revan's robes if DS) and if you've made him DS and you're LS or you and he are DS challenges you to fight him. In the middle of your fight, tons of Rakatan warriors start watching. You win and the rakatans bow to you, calling you the Lord of the Sith. END if you are both LS Revan explains why he left, saying that he would have been hunted by both the sith and the jedi when they realized why he was so powerful, why YOU were so powerful, and asks you to go with him to find a new place and new people after returning to the republic and telling bastila and carth where you're going and why, they both come with, and a happy ending ensues.

Areora
But I agree it's a sucky ending as it is.

El_NINO
Thats because you guys probably played Dark Side first...... You have to play light side in order to get the full story, and the ending leads to KOTOR 3. AND YES THERE WILL BE A 3RD INSTALLMENT OF THIS GAME

El_NINO
OH I forgot the Exile is going to find Revan which leads to KOTOR 3

Darth_Janus
I played the Light Side ending, and it gave me little to work with, though if KOTOR III has Revan and the Exile, it should be badass indeed.

Julie
that would be fun......hmmm would they make it later and only reflect back on REvan and exile??? that would be sad

cal31
In short, the game was good, ending bad, worse than the first. Just traded it back in today at gamestop

ArthasKnight
Do you mean to say that the first ending was bad too?

Julie
I wish this ending had more of a storyline ....the first one had a victory celebration good or evil

cal31
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Do you mean to say that the first ending was bad too? No, I meant overall the second was worse than the first.

Seyo Kane
I finished KOTOR II last week, adn i was very dissapointed with the ending. The game was so interesting, i was very addicted to it, but after Kreia's betrayal, it became worse. They don't say anything to you during the first part of the game, but after you learn a lot of things in few minutes (how you know who is Darth Nihilus? and how you get his name?); all the story about Trayus Academy it's shown to you in the load and save images... and the ending is obviously not complete. We want to know more about our crew!

I have to say that i though Atris will be Traya; i imagine it when Kreia goes to visit her, after the death of the jedi masters. But, as the HK-50 factory, it has been cut. Shit!

Btw, i enjoyed the game. Not as KOTOR I, but it was good.

Julie
I'm sure there will be a Kotor III for them to redeem themselves

archive monitor
i thought it was cool that mandalore was canderous

Darth Destroyer
I too think the ending was lame the story in KOTOR was much more interesting and the end good or bad(i played both ways) was killer,but the new upgrades in KOTOR 2 kind of make up for the shitty ending like being able to upgrade the lightsaber lens,emitter and power cell now that is killer and i hope it carries over into KOTOR3!

Darth Destroyer
Yeah i thought there would be more to the end than a ship flying off into space,or the trayus core.

ArthasKnight
Yes, they left so many things out of the ending. Everything after Telos was rushed. I understand the point of defeating Nihilus and confronting Atris, but everything after that didn't seem to have a purpose and there didn't seem to be anything that was gained from it. Yeah Sion and Kreia are dead, now what? What did they do? Why was Kreia so bad? Nothing really seems to be answered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.