Are They Turning Spiderman Into A Retart?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dami wilson
sad embarrasment mad Are they (the new writers) turning ol spidey into a retart? I mean, is it just me but Spidey's not the sma eguy he was in the 60's, 80's or even 90's. He's becoming an ass whooping boy! He's meant to be untouchable with lighting speed and an early warning spider sense which makes him almost impossible to hit! Like trying to squash a fly! Before you can hit it 10 times out of ten, it's gone! You try it with your hands moving fast! It's only when you GO SLOW THAT MAYBE , YOU CAN HIT IT! Now spider's I aint so sure but that's how Spiderman was built but now he is not only hitable, he begs like a chicken!

What made Spiderman so cool was how he made irritating jokes in the face of severe danger! Now he's like any other hero! No jokes1 It's like the Real writers with the comical sense have all but gone from Marvel and the new ones can't find joke books!

That's sad cos I dont buy spidey as much as I used to. Is it just me? mad smokin' mad mad

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by dami wilson
sad embarrasment mad Are they (the new writers) turning ol spidey into a retart? I mean, is it just me but Spidey's not the sma eguy he was in the 60's, 80's or even 90's. He's becoming an ass whooping boy! He's meant to be untouchable with lighting speed and an early warning spider sense which makes him almost impossible to hit! Like trying to squash a fly! Before you can hit it 10 times out of ten, it's gone! You try it with your hands moving fast! It's only when you GO SLOW THAT MAYBE , YOU CAN HIT IT! Now spider's I aint so sure but that's how Spiderman was built but now he is not only hitable, he begs like a chicken!

What made Spiderman so cool was how he made irritating jokes in the face of severe danger! Now he's like any other hero! No jokes1 It's like the Real writers with the comical sense have all but gone from Marvel and the new ones can't find joke books!

That's sad cos I dont buy spidey as much as I used to. Is it just me? mad smokin' mad mad

I think they are trying to give him a new edge. They do that sometimes with characters.

BlackC@t
For Godsake! Please spellcheck you posts!

Spider-Man isn't a retard. Of course they have to make him get the shit kicked out of him. No one likes a super-hero that beats a villain with ease.

Remember, a part of him is still human.

He cracks a few jokes every now and then.

Example, when Doc Ock throws a bag of coins at him he webs it and throws it back at him, yelling "Here's your change!" laughing out loud

dami wilson
ha ha ha , just typing so fast cos I do this stuff at work n you know. I mean it's allowed, its just I fill funny doing it at times. oH well.

doctorstrongbad
Yes spell check is a good thing.

Ock
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Yes spell check is a good thing.

You are a f**king moron.

You post irrelevant bull s*** like that just so your name will be the last post in the thread roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look down this forum all you can see is your dumb ass name.And ALL the posts are stupid crap that did not need saying.

"Yes spell check is a good thing" roll eyes (sarcastic) Did that really need saying??? No.Blackc@t already said it.You were just sh1ttin your pants that your name wasn't the last post in this thread.

Cut out the spamming crap or I'll report your ass.

dami wilson
whoa, slow down Mr tough sh-t. What are you on? SUPER GLUE? You think I do this thing to get my name going?Going on what? Do you read the posts before you comment? I'm not here to fight so simply if you dont like the thread, go smoke a joint and fly! Fly anywhere but on this threads I post goon face!

This is a chat line? SENSIBLE CHATS MY FRIEND so if you dont like my stuff? Freedom of expression and all that? Go take a hike and wind surf off a cliff without a parachute! Dont come and give me sh...t ! Do I know you? Do I want to know you? I dont think so! Keep your thoughts to yourself if you dont like my threads! SIMPLE! In this life, its not everything you read or see that you have to like! Tough sh..t, if you dont like my thread! Do I care if you dont like my thread?

Whose the moron? Mr Moron with a capital M? You think you're so tough in your little pad with your teddy bears and toys r us Barbie dolls?

I DONT THINK SO AND I DONT CARE! So please smoke a joint and relax. No one's perfect in this world anyway? Or are you so perfect? So I make some few spelling mistakes Arse..ipe ! Please correct me!

I DECLARE I AM NOT A PERFECT INDIVIDUAL! Are you happy now?
Does that make your sorry arse feel better? Proud now?
Go set up your own thread moroon! Gosh, getting posts from guys like you brings me low to your level and I go HULK like. But that's where I got to draw the line!
#

Simply put it on your ignore list! Please dont reply! You're not wanted! Thank you and God bless! smokin' mad smokin' smokin' smoke and fly my friend and relax your nerve! Everybody can make a mistake!
Look at the President of the USA, he made some mistakes in some of his speeches to the public.....but you know what? They still re-elected him! Some call him a gaffe ,mumbling goof, odd ball but hey, the guys still President! He's got some really good qualities even though he aint perfect!

So as the President himself said, "BRING IT ON!" smokin' smokin' laughing laughing out loud eek! eek!

dami wilson
Goo gaa goo gooo gaa gaa,

Are you a doctor or a quack Doc? You need to chill out my friend and really get a splif to relax your nerves! Getting over worked over some simple mistakes can make you seem foolish.

I spelt retard wrong? Sue me Moron! Are you pumped up now? Are you on some kind of steroids me boyo? Now now, Steroids are not good, even Governor Arnie said so! Stuff injecting your butt with needles my friend...........take a splif instead. Relax. Nothing but love mi boyo!
Gosh, why are you upset? Your wife left you or something?
Dont worry, she'll come back. Just get rid of the teddy bears! Happy Dance

Ock
doctorstrongband has two usernames.What a surprise roll eyes (sarcastic)

For someone who doesn't care you sure put alot of effort into those bull sh1t posts laughing

dami wilson
you're on my ignore list mister Octopus. Sorry. This BS has got to stop. You're lonely and looking for someone to throw vile stuff at. Peace to you. I wont be dragged down to your level.
I'm out!

Jimmy Buggs
I didnt even know you were talking about movie spiderman, I think in the movie spidey gets hit the right amount of times, he was fighting doc ock and green goblin, what you thought he was going to bounce around and beat these guys in one second.

dami wilson
what I'm saying is that he gets hit more often than before. what's the good of having a spider sense which dont work 100%. In the good old days, spidey couldn't be touched! That was what made him an icon. NOW, HE'S HITTABLE, every geek knows who he is, he can be touched and what else..................is that to make him lovable? I dont think so!

He was a wise cracking teen alright but he was blessed and that was what changed him from the science geek to the new found hero out to prove the world wrong! He had his strengths and speed and warning system!

dami wilson
DEAR Dr Ock, As a Christian I will apologise to you as I didn't mean to offend you with spelling mistakes. I refuse to fall to this level as I am on a solo path where such acts are forgiven.

I am not perfect mi boyo. You bring out my old nature. If you dont like my threads, please dont read them ever again. Its a fre world mi boyo!
If you dont like them, dont read them. Peace and God bless. There's a difference between you and I.

Jimmy Buggs
Originally posted by dami wilson
what I'm saying is that he gets hit more often than before. what's the good of having a spider sense which dont work 100%. In the good old days, spidey couldn't be touched! That was what made him an icon. NOW, HE'S HITTABLE, every geek knows who he is, he can be touched and what else..................is that to make him lovable? I dont think so!

He was a wise cracking teen alright but he was blessed and that was what changed him from the science geek to the new found hero out to prove the world wrong! He had his strengths and speed and warning system!

spidey sence saved his life at the end of the first movie.

fatcat22
what's up doc? But the spider sense should warn him from getting hit. Goblin isn't such a fast guy but he beat spiderman loads.

doctorstrongbad
Lets get back to the topic. Okay so is Spiderman turning into a retard?

BlackC@t
Stay on topic and no member-bashing!!!

dami wilson

BlackC@t
No spamming either!

dami wilson
She (MJ) accuses him of not spending time with her and always letting her down becos of his responsibility guilt conscience (TRIP), I can understand but she knew him before marrying him.

I thought if she got into the same boat, it might help her understand him better! That's all!

Experience is the best teacher aint it? Not all experiences are god for you but if MJ got into Peter's own shoes, she'd understand him better!

That was all................it was just an idea folks! I dont own Marvel so?

Plus, spidey does need a new partner just to spice things up! They they can argue alot and maybe even fight each other over saving someone! lol that'd be a trip!

spidey 'I have to save her!'
'No! She's too evil and too butt ugly!'
spidey 'What are you on?'
'Some strong sh.t you dont wanna know about! Let her die spidey!'
spidey 'Now you're pissing me off!'

Its only an idea folks, dont get worked up about it like Ock! Gees, what a nerd! Sorry, no member bashing! So sorry Ock!

you're a cool dude so I will try not to spell things wrong! I am not a perfect guy! Are you? 100% PERFECT IN ALL YOU DO? No matter how simple?

Hey, even the President got it wrong in Iraq, No WMD were found, and he still got re-elected! Everyone makes a mistake, dont crucify them for it! Wolverine 8888 repeatedly does it, what would you say to him?

Last edited by dami wilson on Today at 09:28 AM

dami wilson
so please try and be cool about it! Now everybody is saying maybe it was good to invade Iraq cuase it's actually spreading democracy to the Middle East! ................................................Gees I didn't know A spelling mistak e can do so many harms!

So you dont like mi agruments? Hey, dude, its a free world! I got muslim friends and aethists (did I spell that wrong? Dont know and dont give a fcuk) who argue with me over religion~!

Have you ever had an agrument with a religious friend over God or his or her believes? You dont even wanna go there! Everybody can throw insults mi boyo! Some more than others!

That's my old nature mi boyo! I dont think superheros would approve of that anyway? Dont you! Would spiderman have been proud of you calling me a moron even if I said he was a retart (whoops) retard!

Come on now!

doctorstrongbad
Well I live in America and the gas prices keep raising. ugh They are up to 2.20 a gallon. If we are fighting a war over oil I think we are losing ugh.

Back to the topic, I don't think spider-man is a retard. I think he has been the victim of some bad writers. It happens to the best comic characters. I hope they can make him great again. smile

dami wilson
THATS MY MAN! That's the response I was hoping for! I never called spiderman a retard but he's becoming sort of like everybodies whiping boy! He pleads for his life so many times now, it's depressing. Against that vampire like whatever he was, and then the guy that wanted his life and image. Then this guy then the spider lady (wasp lady that goes on tv), man, whoop whoop. He loses his wife!!! He loses his job!!! He loses his apartment!!! he loses his head?

Is that the next plot? What's Peter Parker going to lose next? At one time he lost his costume!!! DO READERS TO THIS THREAD NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT?

It one sad stroy to another. Apart from MJ getting the super modeling job, that was nothing to smile about in Spideys life!

doctorstrongbad
Well Spiderman has joined the new avengers which is kinda cool. At least he can find some help if he ever needs it. I remember when ever spiderman needs help he goes to hell's kitchen but daredevil is gone, then he goes to the FF but they are not home. lol

Tactics
Yes they are

dami wilson
well, he's back with MJ and that says a lot dunit? Its was sucha sweet ending, I almost bought a hanky...........ha ha ha. But it was class writing and Marvel showed their pulling power once again! Go Marvel Go!

God bless you all in there!

Doc Ock
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/octopus/ock1.jpg

JAE
jeez...you need to relax dude. Ock is not talking about you, he quoted doctorstrongbad for posting unnecessary replies.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by JAE
jeez...you need to relax dude. Ock is not talking about you, he quoted doctorstrongbad for posting unnecessary replies.

Thank you wink

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Doc Ock
You are a f**king moron.

You post irrelevant bull s*** like that just so your name will be the last post in the thread roll eyes (sarcastic)

Look down this forum all you can see is your dumb ass name.And ALL the posts are stupid crap that did not need saying.

"Yes spell check is a good thing" roll eyes (sarcastic) Did that really need saying??? No.Blackc@t already said it.You were just sh1ttin your pants that your name wasn't the last post in this thread.

Cut out the spamming crap or I'll report your ass.

Look in the mirror bud. He wrote one sentence that was off topic, and you just puked out an entire paragraph of garbage.

grow up.

That aside....Parker has always been a retard. He does retarded, illogical things all the time. It's part of his character.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Look in the mirror bud. He wrote one sentence that was off topic, and you just puked out an entire paragraph of garbage.

grow up.

No bud you're the one that needs to grow up.

If you were around back when that was posted you would see that idiot was spamming the entire forum.

So I suggest you keep your mouth shut in future before you jump in and say something you know NOTHING about wink

Linkalicious
You're the one acting immature by going out of the way to bash another member, I don't need to grow up...you do.

I was around back then and I'm still around now...you wouldn't know that because you're too busy resorting to childish name callling over the internet to take the time and realize such small details.

Do you even know what spamming is? I've read strongbad's post history and no where in this forum does he "spam" the post that you flamed him on.

Guess I DO know something about this....so I won't be shutting up anytime soon.

Doc Ock
Yes repeating what other members just said so his name will be the last post in the thread is not spam roll eyes (sarcastic)

Forgive me if this is the first time I've noticed you in this thread since you stand out above everyone else lol.

And you just go around and ask if people were getting pissed off by that strongband guy spamming the place.He was reported for it.

I know exactly what spam is sunshine.You clearly don't.

So if you're not going to shut up then at least say something intelligent and stop trying to play amateur psychologist with me since once again you don't know NOTHING about me just like you know nothing about what strongband was up to.You need to be 'around' more often.

Have a nice day delicious.Oh sorry Linkalicious laughing out loud

Linkalicious
KMC defines spam as:

I don't see "repeating what other members just said" in the definition. Apparently, sunshine, you don't know what spam is...

Congratulations, you've reported someone for doing nothing wrong. You, on the other hand, are guilty of member bashing which IS against the rules of the forum.

What I'm saying doesn't require intelligence, it requires common sense. How exactly am I playing psychologist? and since when did I say that I knew something about you? You're putting words in my mouth to create an arguement from nothing.

Fact of the matter. You're the one who's breaking forum rules...not Strongbad.

And as I told you before, I've read his posting history. He wasn't spamming, so I DO know what's going on.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Linkalicious
KMC defines spam as:

I don't see "repeating what other members just said" in the definition. Apparently, sunshine, you don't know what spam is...

Congratulations, you've reported someone for doing nothing wrong. You, on the other hand, are guilty of member bashing which IS against the rules of the forum.

What I'm saying doesn't require intelligence, it requires common sense. How exactly am I playing psychologist? and since when did I say that I knew something about you? You're putting words in my mouth to create an arguement from nothing.

Fact of the matter. You're the one who's breaking forum rules...not Strongbad.

And as I told you before, I've read his posting history. He wasn't spamming, so I DO know what's going on.

Ok so if I go around repeating what everyone says just for the sake of it nobody will mind??? I must try that then.And gee I wonder why it pissed so many people off.

And newsflash sunshine I didn't report him.Someone in the Symbiote thread did.

If thats KMC's definition of spam then I guess we can get away with murder here.If I make a thread about say the colour of Green Goblin's underwear or how often Spider-Man changes his laundry detergent that won't be considered as spam??

Please roll eyes (sarcastic)

That strongband guy was told to cut the spam nicely.Didn't work.You have to be cruel to be kind.

I don't see his name plastered down the forums anymore.Though I'd say thats more due to moderator action than him copping onto himself.

Linkalicious
Originally posted by Doc Ock

If thats KMC's definition of spam then I guess we can get away with murder here.If I make a thread about say the colour of Green Goblin's underwear or how often Spider-Man changes his laundry detergent that won't be considered as spam??

How would it?

ayjay
omg..this thread is whack....the first few posts where relevant..then..BOOM..freekin cat fight....hahah funny....*sigh

I think that a spidey movie wouldnt have any drama if spidey never got hit. When he gets hurt, the audience empathises, thus making him a more effective character ^__^....fi he never got hit...i would fall asleep

doctorstrongbad
Just for the record I'm not a spammer. Thanks for the good posts Linkalicious. smile
Okay back to the topic.The bad writing has made Spidey seem like he has been eating lead paint, but bad writing can happen to the best character. I best thing to do is follow the hero as a whole and if he has some bad times try not to forget about the good times. Like the whole clone saga thing. Did anybody enjoy that?

Doc Ock
EDIT

Next Venom_girl
Fight! Fight! Fight! evil face

gls
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Fight! Fight! Fight! evil face

don't premote that please
stay on topic

Paola
oh come on!! keep it off-topic so I can justify my life as a moderator...

gls
Originally posted by Paola
oh come on!! keep it off-topic so I can justify my life as a moderator...

lmao i'm sorry paola... happy

forgive me?

Paola
sure! happy

macca79
I think that spiderman is a victim of corporate greed.I say this because in order to produce not 1 but 2 feature length movies, certain compromises had to be made as far as character direction and scriptwriting.Its much harder for a writer to have spiderman wisecracking for 2 straight hours,and also if he were to go through the entire movie without copping a beating or two the movie would become very short indeed. This is the major reason why i like the comics better and have the opinion that this is a far superior medium for spiderman.

Linkalicious
Corporate greed?

Ohhh, like the "Spider-copter" and "Spider-mobile" that my four year old cousin got on his birthday.

When did Spidey get vehicles?

Next Venom_girl
Spidermobile shows up in classic comics for a few issues and is never heard from again (except as a joke in MK). Red and blue dune buggie he's making w/ Torch to get some cash out of a car company. It's about the same time the Jackal and the Punisher first appear.

dami wilson

macca79
all this talk about intelligent conversation was lost when i just read this self serving crap dami wilson just posted.you posted a good thread but then could only back it up with bulls###.grow up and get back on topic .

dami wilson
macca79, i wasn't talking to you and for all you care, it's directed at creeps like Ock who spill garbage and vile stuff. You're probably Ock in disguise so it dont matter what you say. If you want an argument, you picked the wrong dude cus I aint falling for another bullsh.t crap from guys who got nothing better to say but speak vile. Post your real name so I know you aint Ock. Kapeesh?

Spideys Sister
Peole, People, Calm ur nerves and I don't give a rats ass who started it .I'm finishing it !shut the hell up and stay on the topic! God must it always take a woman to stop this shit?

Spideys Sister
I am not macca79 by the way...

doctorstrongbad
Wow more love on the threads. Lets all just chill a little and get back to the topic. Okay Spider-man has had some bad writing but bad writing can hurt any hero. Its hard to avoid. what do you guys think about Spider-man joining the new avengers?

Spideys Sister
Not in a million years! No offense but the Avengers SUCK! Esspecially in spidergirl. They talk sooo much Mayday gets sick of them and leaves! laughing laughing out loud big grin

dami wilson
whose Mayday? The avengers are good but too many of them in the comic and it can be confusing! The FF are good cus there's only four of them and so and so. What was the topic again? embarrasment

oh yeah, spidey's boring now? Well cheer up folks, he's back to his wise cracking days again! Even cracked some jokes at dinner with MJ, now that's good ole PP. Ever the laughable wise guy.........brainy and smart!
Go Marvel! You guys rock! roll eyes (sarcastic)

fatcat22
spidey's back in action? with more jokes than father chrissmass? wow, thats cool. What jokes does he crack?

I like swinging cats and if it makes him look like a real cat, good luck to him.

Spideys Sister
Wow and I thought me being from new york made me weird

VeNoIIvII
DoC Ock you need to get a life man..you fight with EVERYOne on this website.......Heres soem advise go to the nearest music store...buy a violin...and go back to yiour computer, read what peopel say, and then play your new violin to yourself. You seem like you live in anger. laughing laughing

Doc Ock
Originally posted by VeNoIIvII
DoC Ock you need to get a life man..you fight with EVERYOne on this website.......Heres soem advise go to the nearest music store...buy a violin...and go back to yiour computer, read what peopel say, and then play your new violin to yourself. You seem like you live in anger. laughing laughing

And heres some advice for you: Go to school little boy and learn how to spell.Your BS is hard enough to understand without you spelling it incorrectly laughing out loud

Spideys Sister
There Doc goes agian with picking fights....
Why can't you stay on topic old man?

doctorstrongbad
Its nothing but love on this thread. hehe Okay Spider-man is a genius. He is not nor has ever been a retard. The guy has taken a lot of hits to the head and has had some bad writers, but its all good.

Doc Ock
Nobody had posted in this thread in 5 days.

But you had to bump it just to stir the s**t didn't you??

Shame on you.

Spideys Sister
Im answering it and doctorstrongbad is right spideys still good

doctorstrongbad
Spider-man will always be my favorite hero. He's way better than the DC old,stale characters like batman and superman.

Spideys Sister
They have a number of posts listed compare and contrast my spidey friends...
Oh and Spiderman and his amazing friends looks oh so corny now-a-days

fatcat22
Spidey rocks always cus he is more reality then the rest! The kid got problems that we relate to but still rescues folks in distress.....not just damsels! I just dont want these new writers bashing him more than he already does. But how about the FF or Daredevil? DD has had some bad stuff happen to him but not the FF! They always have it good? Why? They never really fight or even break up?

How realistic is that? All this years? Gosh even the beatles had their arguments and almost all pop groups! Football teams and basketball teams! So why is it only Spidey has it rough in the Marvel world?
DD lost Electra!

Spideys Sister
Thats a partner...DD's a lawyer. Thats money.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by fatcat22
Spidey rocks always cus he is more reality then the rest! The kid got problems that we relate to but still rescues folks in distress.....not just damsels! I just dont want these new writers bashing him more than he already does. But how about the FF or Daredevil? DD has had some bad stuff happen to him but not the FF! They always have it good? Why? They never really fight or even break up?

How realistic is that? All this years? Gosh even the beatles had their arguments and almost all pop groups! Football teams and basketball teams! So why is it only Spidey has it rough in the Marvel world?
DD lost Electra!

Yeah Spider-man has the worst luck and is always getting into trouble. It makes him a very likable character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.