Gen. Grievous vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jackstain
O k im almost mad at myself for even making this thread, but i had to know what everyone else thinks. MAul would tapdance all over Grievous' metal face......and that's that.

SnakeEyes
I really need to see Grievous in action before I can really judge this one. I mean, he is supposed to be the best Jedi Killer ever.

The Ones
maul got killed by obi wan, only 1 jedi. but grievous slaughtered 5 or 7 jedi in 2 minutes. grievous would kill maul

jango fatt
Grievous!!!!!!!!!!!
No question about it.

jedimaster2000
hasn't a thread like this already been created?

jackstain
you guys are nuts. obi wan A: got lucky B: has to stay alive because its vital to the story. Maul would destroy grievous one on one. Grievous beat jedi..........not sith.

Darth_Janus
You're nuts. Grievious was a tactical mastermind as well as a proficient Jedi murderer. I doubt Maul has a snowball's chance in hell.

Darth_Nefarus
Oh come now, Maul would have a chance, his staff is designed for facing multiple sabers at the same time. I think Grievous would eventually win since liie Janus said he has so much tactical knowledge.

Darth_Janus
Alright. An ice cube's chance in hell. But that's my final offer.

Darth_Nefarus
lol

Force Adept
I'd say Maul would win, cause he can use the force, and he just happened to have a bad day when he runs into Obi-wan.

C'mon, machines have their limits, the force, supposedly, does not. And I realise that Grevious isn't completely a machine, but he can't use the force. I think it'd be a good battle, but in the end, Maul would win.

Darth_Nefarus
I dunno man, Grievous hunts Jedi for sport, and I know Maul didn't do that.

jedimaster2000
well I have yet to see Grievous fight. But considering that he was a Jedi Hunter and spoilers have indicated that Grievous wielded up to four lightsabers, I voted for the General.

Darth Hitler
Grievous your stupids!
Kind once time at your lives grievous have 4 arms, he can walk on the walls, we don't now if he can use the force and he almost have deafeated the republic.
I must be since guys he slaught Maul in 3 minutes (counting with Maus strong abilities).

Darth_Nefarus
tough call this is, but Sith Lord might be more powerful than droid general...

Darth Trytavius
Grievous!Grievous! Mindless stupids!

Darth_Nefarus
we're not dumb because we're undecisive. besides, maul might just force choke grievous, which you know grievous couldn't stop
and no, grievous is NOT force sensitive

Darth Trytavius
What will make the force sensitive of course?

Darth Trytavius
I know that is a microscopic liveform, but I forgot this name

Darth_Janus
Force choke only works so far. And in any case, Maul was more of an apprentice than a true Sith lord. I still think Grievious would win. If anything, the General would make the situation be so that he would win, force choke or no.

Darth_Nefarus
I will wait until episode 3 to make a better assessment, I want to see him fighting Jedi

jackstain
maul was a tru sith lord, read his journal ull see for urself, it says he was. maul was trained by sidious, and grievous by dooku. maul was a sith lord who wuld give dooku a run for his money, and grievous is not, and couldnt. thats all im sayin.

Arsenal
This has been done here

Darth_Nefarus
jackstain is right though, a Sith Lord with Maul's dedication would likely win, but as I said, episode 3 will give us a better idea

norrin radd

Kun-ni Habeo
griveous

but what about this
obi wan vs. griveous

norrin radd

jackstain
im sick of the whole "obi beat maul" thing....yes he killed him, but this was after a lucky shot. maul won the fight, he just got too cocky. maul is a million times better than obi in TPM, and probly AOTC if he were still alive, but the storyline wouldnt have it,and obi got lucky. hes not the most powerful, and obi in ROTS culd more than likely destroy him ,im just sayin that he's always underestimated.

norrin radd
obi wan has a jedi is definitely better then maul, as a padawan, i really think they are very even, and there is no such thing has luck, maul should have been more carefull.

norrin radd

jackstain
......he did lose the fight. he just got a very lucky shot.

norrin radd

jackstain
luck

jackstain
he was lucky that darth maul got cocky

jedimaster2000
Well I wouldn't consider that Darth Maul becoming cocky was because of luck. It was in Darth Maul's traits all along. I agree Darth Maul was definitely more powerful than Obi-Wan in TPM but I'm just saying Maul's cockiness and Obi-Wan's calmness was what gave Obi-Wan the victory.

Darth_Nefarus
Maul was cocky because his master said he would be no match for the Jedi, but with Sidious' foresight powers, he had to know Maul would lose. Besides, he needed someone like Dooku anyway.

Obi-Wan is not lucky, he's resourceful, he just happened to know the saber of Qui-Gonn's was still there and Maul's overconfidence did him in.

jackstain
point is.......

maul was better than obi wan
maul beat obi wan
maul got supid, and lost the fight for himself.....

obi wan just capitalized

Darth_Nefarus
I agree, but it wasn't luck, it was resourcefulness, being level headed and having to survive for Episode 4-6 lol
It would have been cooler had Maul survived and him and Dooku battled it out in episode 2 to see who the apprentice should be.

Darth_Janus
I don't think Maul was qualified as a "true Sith lord" just because he wrote it in his journal. That is, unless the qualifications have gone down with the times...

jackstain
well he says darth sidious gives him the title, so it seems possible Happy Dance

Darth_Nefarus
He's totally a Sith Lord, I mean, he's Sidious' apprentice, and therfore Sidious would adress him as Lord or Darth, or Lord Darth Maul.

And Maul has more than proved himself to his master, what with those crazy tattoos and all.

Darth Mantis
Grievous will kill Maul with a duel without force power. Maul will kill Grievous by the force. Maul cannot win the duel without force power. Grievous cannot win without 4 arms.

jackstain
hahaha, maul has so much more better skills than grievous with a saber. overall, in a fight, maul isnt not goin to use the force, so he wins. and if they fought without it(they wuldnt) maul wuld still win, u can think its bias if u want, but its the truth.

Darth Mantis
All maul has to do is crush the insides of grievous. Maul wins by far.

jackstain
indeed.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, not necessarily, he might just want to fight him to prove how much of a punk ass robot he is.

Darth_Glentract
i know this is going to bet bashed but I think Maul might be better than Dooku if he wasn't so stupid. Anyways Grevious has zero force resisantce so even though Maul has weak force powers Grevious goes home crying, or dosent go home at all.

Darth_Nefarus
That's not stupid. But I think Maul had the potential to be better than Tyrannus, but he bit the big one....

jackstain
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Well, not necessarily, he might just want to fight him to prove how much of a punk ass robot he is.

well put. bad@$$

jackstain
ok first of all....Maul was one of the smartest characters in the entire sw universe, just waaaaaaaaaaaaay to overconfident. I think personally, not just because im a maul fan, that if trained all the way through until the time he needed to take over the master role, he would have become the most powerful sith ever. but i guess we'll never know............

Fishy
No because he did make a mistake, great warriors don't make mistakes...

"Make one mistake on the field, you lose some money and you try again. Make one mistake on the battlefield and you will be in Ellysium(SP?)" - Scippius Africanus

People that make mistakes on the battlefield die.... Maul made a mistake therefor he would never be the greatest Sith, he would still own Grevious because he has the force... But you can't say those if situations, he didn't get the chance because was an idiot, maybe only once but it was enough. He deserved to die because he failed

Darth_Nefarus
jackstain, how could he ever become more powerful than Anakin when he turned to the darkside? I admit he potentially could have defeated Dooku or Sidious, but never Anakin.

jackstain
Yea, he could. Chosen one, schmosen one. bah! Happy Dance

Darth_Nefarus
lol, sorry dude, the chosen one has more of a connection to the force than anyone.
if anything, Vader would make Maul his apprentice or kill him

((The_Anomaly))
are u guys dumb? ur saying that mauls force powers would be able to stop GG? USE THE FORCE! THINK! GG kills jedi, jedi!....tell me is there something that jedi have that ohh say maul might also have?

ummm, how bout the force?

and it would seem that force abilities mean nothing because if they did the GG would have been killed by the first jedi he tried to fight...

especially obi wan in ROTS (who is far and away better then maul would ever be, and ever was)

so if Obi couldn't use the force, and couldn't beat him in ROTS, the maul stands absolutely no chance at all against GG.

Darth Mantis
All of them were probably scared s**t. They probably did not even think of using the force because they all were trying to run from him. Oh, and maul does stand a chance, small percent of winning but a chance.

Darth_Nefarus
I think Maul could win, but Grievous is insanely good. However, he doesnt' have the force, and a teacher like Sidious. Or dedication like Maul did.

Grievous definately scared Jedi, considering he was some robot who used lightsabers and could kill nearly any Jedi with a saber. Maul wouldn't be scared though, he would be focused, and ready to kill him. But I guess Maul might get overconfidant and slip up and lose, but I'm willing to bet when he saw the arm split trick, he'd keep a level head.

Darth Mantis
Half droid. Half alien.

jackstain
Maul wouldn't be the slightest bit scared, which makes him such a Bad@s$. GG would try and intimidate him and get rocked, because Maul isn't afraid of jack sh!t. if anyone was scared, id go with GG first. then he'd headbutt him and samsh him in the face with a canoe.

Darth_Nefarus
I don't see fear working into any part of their duel, it's just the ugly vs. the not as ugly.

Darth Mantis
We will just have to see what grievous can do in epi III.starwars

Jaster Fett
Hey i like Maul just as much as the next guy but The General would kill him, they had that star wars cartoon, and they show him fighting like 6 jedi and killing 4 of them and 2 others just escape because clone troopers shoot like 10,000 rounds all over the place and save there sorry asses, they were both heavily wounded and they would have died if they didn't get saved. Maul would put up a good fight but he would lose

The Ones
just what i said before

Jaster Fett
ok well what i said was much more specific,detailed, and i don't read anything about him using 3 sabers at ones.

JKBart
maul

Deronn_solo
Maul stomps.

Syndicate
Grievous. Good fight though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.