NJO: Traitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Might as well start a thread for this book now...it's set to release in July 2002! and be 320 pgs longsmile

yerssot
but that will be a whole other season!

Julie
confused What do seasons have to do with anything.....sure Rebel Stand comes out before traitor, but that's ok at least something comes out in the middle of the summer.

yerssot
that was a quote from Luke/Owen... nevermind

Julie
Yerssot, don't try to imitate Luke...I think you can whine well enough on your own big grin

yerssot
ah, but no-one can beat the master http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/duel.gif

Julie
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing what a cute little illustration wink

yerssot
thank you smile

Julie
your welcome......this time you deserved the complement wink Where do you come up with all the little faces?

yerssot
with any luck you will know in a few days ... ... ...

Julie
confused like I said before...you are exasperating....

yerssot
*smiles*
*nods*
... don't follow

Julie
In another place, I posted that you are exasperating.....anyway what's all this about knowing in a few days?

yerssot
a new version of VBulletin will hit the market soon (or later perhaps) then Raz will upload it, and he has some little surprises for you... if he keeps his promise that is...

Julie
promises promises.....ah so easily broken, but let's hope not by Raz wink

yerssot
well... in order to let you find it out, you'll have to stay big grin

Julie
I guess I'll just do that wink

yerssot
*takes checklist*
ok, got offtopic... check...
revealing that there is something going to happen... check...
get her curious... check...
get her at ease... hmmm ... must do that now then...

Why, Julie, that's a nice sweater you are wearing big grin

Julie
Nice roll eyes (sarcastic) ....actually I'm wearing a Nautica long-sleeve t-shirt wink
You and your checklist roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
hmmm... this checklist needs an update!

let me try it again...

Why, Julie, that's a nice Nautica long-sleeve t-shirt you are wearing

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) Thank you Yerssot....... anything else you have there on the little checklist?

yerssot
let me see...

talk about books, getting you even more curious about the new thing that hopefully will come, smile, get you drunk and make you mod of the lit section...

that's all I think

Julie
hmmm....interesting, but I'm too young to drink so I doubt you'll succeed on that account

yerssot
they don't need to know wink

Julie
true..... roll eyes (sarcastic)
So who do you think the NJO traitor will be?

LanceWindu
Hey it's back on topic!!!

I'm sure we will find out a major plot line involving Vergere & Jacen Solo.

Julie
Yea...unlike certain other EU fans...I happen to like all of the Solo children smile

LanceWindu
Both of the you mean. Not three any more.

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) yes...both.....but Anakin still has a great influence.

LanceWindu
Only because his death has caused ripples in the New Order.

Julie
SO...influence is influence.....

LanceWindu
True, they can always write backstories too. Like something later on that happens between YJK & NJO. I would really like to see something in there.

LanceWindu
I am truly surprised that no one has posted any more news on Traitor.

I have a picture of the cover and the shipping date!!!

Here you go:

http://www.jedinet.com/timeline/covers/tnjotbig.jpg

To be shipped out on July 30th!!!

Julie
cool nice cover...as usual....so it's supposed to come out late July, huh...
Who's supposed to be on the cover?...Jacen?

LanceWindu
Yeah, but Jacen doesn't look quite like I though he would. That guy on the cover looks stupid.

Julie
yea...well Jaina's picture on Dark Journey didn't look like my mental picture of her......Traitor should be an awesome book.....nice at the very least for bringing back Jacen

LanceWindu
Jaina didn't look like what I thought she would look like. Yet I loved that cover, dark yet she looked good.

Julie
big grin yes I do see your point.....so you don't think their version of Jacen Solo is that good looking?

LanceWindu
Chin is too wide for that flat face. And he looks more like a jock then a guy who was using lame jokes to try to get a girlfriend.

Julie
Hey he's a jedi...he can get away with very lame jokes wink .....hmmm a jock huh.

LanceWindu
Hey looks like a guy that wouldn't have to be shy around women. He wouldn't need lame jokes to try.

Julie
Oh so you think he is good looking....that Tenel Ka might have fallen for him just because he's "hot" wink

LanceWindu
I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to say that another guy is good looking, so yeah.

Julie
That's good to know.....BTW I do agree with you on the pic of Jacen, but like I said it wasn't my personal mental pic of him.......

LanceWindu
Who would you have picked?

Julie
I don't know.....awhile ago I figured that the guy who played in Dungeons and Dragons could possibly fit Jacen.....really I never gave the sub much thought wink

LanceWindu
Neither have I.

I just take the pics from the original YJK books and advance them a few years in my mind.

Julie
Some of them are pretty good and others are just scary pictures of the Solo children. .....the one on Shadow Academy ...I think kinda reminds me of the older "Jacen" picture on Traitor. I'd have to look again to see the ones I like the best.

LanceWindu
Same here. But the library in my new town doesn't have any of them!!!

BTW Julie, I was such an idiot the other day and forgot to save your AOL screen name to my comp. Can you give it to me again?

Julie
yeah sure..... roll eyes (sarcastic) ...PM on its way

LanceWindu
Thanks Julie.

Julie
sure....non prob...that's what I'm here for , old buddy wink

LanceWindu
Old buddy??? We haven't known each other that long.

How long til this book comes out again?

Julie
hmmm I'd have to check up on that....hold on a min

LanceWindu
You have all the time you need.

Just don't wait til the day before it comes out.

Julie
ha...well your answer is July 30, 2002....so I guess I had lots of time to tell you wink

LanceWindu
You sure did.

Julie
well the sooner you knew....the sooner you could start the mental countdown until this book comes out....keep in mind that Rebel Stand comes out on May 28th

LanceWindu
I wanna read RD first though

Julie
true...that would be good. NJO prob makes more sense that way wink

LanceWindu
But you have to think I have read most of them out of order already.

Julie
ok, but when you can avoid doing that...it's always best to at least attempt to read them in order......anyway in a few years when they finish the series...we'll have to read them all in order smile

LanceWindu
All over again!!!

Julie
Heck Yea!!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
And again and again!!!

Julie
well no prob not...that would be excessive

LanceWindu
And that's not good?

Julie
no too much of a good thing can be not good wink
I think I might read the series once every decade, but though it's a bit morbid....I may not be around for that many decades...you never know

LanceWindu
Read the series once every three years. To keep them fresh in your mind.

Julie
hmmm a very good idea....but prob not practical. I will def read them twice, but after that......I want to finish college first.....then read them again..

LanceWindu
Yeah don't let reading take away from your studying.

Julie
good advice that...I'll keep it in mind

LanceWindu
You don't want to mess college up.

Julie
definately not....God needs to come first.....next comes school and Star Wars

LanceWindu
Then you graduate college then it's:

God, Star Wars, work

Julie
pretty much...but I think whoever my boss is would disagree about Star Wars being before work wink ...they'll just have to deal smile

LanceWindu
You bet.

Julie
...moving right along......Star Wars reading going slow, but really nice...I started and finished The Threat Within yesterday while I was babysitting wink

LanceWindu
What is The Threat Within?

Julie
Book #18 of the Jedi Apprentice series...I believe that it is the last book of the series because of the new series about Boba Fett and Anakin......I'm not positive though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.