Star Wars May Go 3d

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH STEVIOUS

maddani
wow that would be so cool to see rots in 3d the second time

JKozzy
That's actually pretty cool. Thanks for posting that smile

Try the 523th time.... you do know this wouldn't be out anytime soon? stick out tongue

DARTH STEVIOUS
So i think this what lucas may use to replace the star tours in disney and create a 3d simulation ride that incorpartes all 6 movies fingers crossed

Cascador
It's for animated movies...not for themeparks...

DARTH STEVIOUS
IF ITS JUST ANIMATED MOVIES THEN WHY DOSE IT SAY THIS

rojector will be utilized to showcase scenes in 3D from Fox's Star Wars: Episode IV, Disney's Aliens of the Deep and many other movies including live action and animation

Cascador
They still talk about movies in 3-d, not about theme parc entertainment...and let go of the caps lock...it's annoying

LightSaber_Part
WOWdroolio SW in 3D..............NO, WAIT, LORD OF THE RINGS IN 3D!!!!!!!! drooliodroolio

ShadowBoy
SD, where did you find the article? Do you have a direct link?

ShadowBoy
Okay Here's a related article from thedigitalbits.com

From a press conference thing for a new Titanic DVD.

On an interesting side note, Cameron also spoke about his passion for 3-D filmmaking. He and fellow director George Lucas are spearheading an effort to get movie theaters around the world to upgrade not only to digital projection, but also to add the capability to exhibit films in 3-D format. In fact, Cameron and Lucas are hosting a demonstration of the 3-D process for theater owners at the ShoWest convention in Las Vegas this week (in addition to CG-animated 3-D films, Lucas's people have reportedly developed a way to render 3-D versions of existing 2-D films). Cameron says that this is the main reason he's waited so long to begin production on his next major theatrical film - a live action version of the Japanese anime Battle Angel Alita. Cameron plans to shoot the film digitally in 3-D format. What's more, he says that Lucas and other filmmakers (like Robert Zemeckis and possibly Peter Jackson too) are also planning to shoot 3-D films in the future. They expect that the availability of good 3-D feature film content will drive interest in the 3-D experience theatrically, and that in turn could fuel demand for bringing the 3-D process into the home as well. Cameron noted that both HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc (and current DVD as well) could be adapted to deliver 3-D footage, but that the main obstacle to high-quality 3-D at home is the low refresh rate of current TV monitors. Displays offering much higher rates will be needed in the future to show flicker-free 3-D images in your living rooms.

Note the line
"in addition to CG-animated 3-D films, Lucas's people have reportedly developed a way to render 3-D versions of existing 2-D films"

So that probably explains the SW:Ep4 in 3D thing.

Also on an interesting note
"What's more, he says that Lucas and other filmmakers are also planning to shoot 3-D films in the future"

Why can't GL flip flop (on not making ep7) and make eps 7-9 in 3D in a few years down the line? Oh well.

At least GL's interested in 3D. Interesting to see what he does with it.

DARTH STEVIOUS
wow that would be wicked imagine revenge of the sith in 3d well he said that he made the film in total digital camera on the 60 minuets interview maybe that is what he is planing cause he also took the old movies and put them on digital format we could be seeing another box set here in the future a 3d box set!!!!!!! Oh and the quote was taken from comming soon.net

guiro72
aotc was also shot entirely in digital.....i've always wanted 3D to make a comeback, in a new and better format.....i'm sure some people thought i was crazy when i predicted films being shown in 3D as a big groundbreaking technological leap, but here it is....i'm also pleased about surround sound in home systems (it's quadrophonic, and this time it's here to stay - most homes already have the equipment set up and ready to go, unlike in the 70's).....digital projection's pretty funky as well.....with the advent of dvd's and hi def, i'm noticing how crappy a lot of stuff looks in the cinema more and more.....i still like some films to be shot on film though.....scorsese has sworn he would never go digital, and i'm very glad about that....oh yes....

DARTH STEVIOUS
CASCADOR u do realise that it is a movie playing in a simulator and spider man is a movie in 3d with moving carrages ITS NOT REAL U KNOW.

Cascador
Originally posted by DARTH STEVIOUS
CASCADOR u do realise that it is a movie playing in a simulator and spider man is a movie in 3d with moving carrages ITS NOT REAL U KNOW.

Oh, I see you figured it out...good for you!

guiro72
?

TheElectricFox
WOW an actually semi-good post from a newbie
--Checks to see if im dreaming---

I dont see what would be so cool in 3d for starwars besides the chase sequences in ESB ROTJ and AOTC.

guiro72
everything is cool in 3D.....shame spykids3 had to use anaglyphic....it used to take 2 perfectly synced projectors running simultaneously to do it before, the proper way....very expensive to set up in multiple theatres for a worldwide release....

ShadowBoy
With 3D, and if done right, you get a better sense of being there and it enhances the hole experience. Some people obiviously like it more then others.

And guiro, that why you have the Imax option now a days for 3D films

Even as Rare as Imax theaters are. Eg. Polar Express in 3D

guiro72
oh yeah, i'd forgotten about imax 3D....it's all the way on the other side of town though, and i'm too lazy....i want the tv to be in 3D whenever i turn it on....it will happen, oh yes, it will....

TheElectricFox
WOW "the hole experience". Dont know what starwars you saw.

guiro72
esb....that's no cave...or rotj?....to be slowly digested over a 1000 years?....

i'll stop now....sorry everyone....

ShadowBoy
The whole viewing experience of watching a movie with visual depth. And I wasn't talking about Star Wars specifically.

If you don't understand that, then....

guiro72
you misspelt "whole" as "hole".....that's what he was referring to i think....a lighthearted joke from me....hopefully the same goes for him, and he's not an ***.....

ShadowBoy
It's fine, if it was a lighthearted joke, it just didn't seem like one.

laughing

guiro72
sorry, i'm getting a lot of that tonight....think i should just go to sleep before i make any more enemies....

ShadowBoy
I was referring to TheElectricFox and not you guiro72. I haven't had any problems with your posts. Just a possible misinterpretation of Fox's reply. No biggy.

I'm also off to sleep.

guiro72
yeah, i'm gonna be a wreck tomorrow (today?)....damn this forum....
sleep ....

LandoSpeeder2
Um that be somewhat cool if it was in 3d but I don't think I would go see it. Star Wars and 3d don't mix.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.