why is General grevious not in the trailer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Feytal
is he top secret or something? and is it true he has four lightsabers? anybody have any info on this character? thanks

mandalorian_war
he is in it he is in it twice

Mist
some people dont wanna see grievous in action till the movie. we cant ALL have our cake and eat it, you know?

Spectr4L
GG is clearly seen at 1:26 in the theatrical trailer...

BAILY
yeah GG is there twice... one fist fighting Obi and also surrounding Obi in that scene with all the droids on Utapau

prod_
well...it wasnt really that clear...had to watch it a couple times to find him the second time....would have liked to see more of him though...

moonwalker741
whats the time for the second time

Envious Eyes
You can also see an animatic of GG in the '60 Minutes' episode with Lucas...

Darth Feytal
is grevious a jedi? or does he just use sabers for fun...

Torik_Shai
He's not a main part of the trailer because he's not important enough to steal precious seconds of that two and a half minutes away from Anakin falling to the dark side. It's perfect the way it is.

Cascador
Grievous has no Force powers but he is skilled with a lightsaber and collects lightsabers for sports

Darth Feytal
so he's not the new Darth Maul? more like a background guy

Mist
Originally posted by Torik_Shai
He's not a main part of the trailer because he's not important enough to steal precious seconds of that two and a half minutes away from Anakin falling to the dark side. It's perfect the way it is.

yah, george wants us all to see anakins downfall, not another bad guy with lightsabers. it would turn a good story into a pile of fanboy dream crap.

darthmaul1
I think it's great only seeing him a little in the trailer, it makes the movie experiance that much better when you see him turn on his sabers for the first time. this is what they did with yoda in ATOC trailers you never saw him with his saber. I just wish they would of done the same thing with Darth Maul and only seen him using his lightsaber with a single blade. I know they all have the sabers but it's jut seeing for the first time while watching the movie instead of in a trailer.

Darth Feytal
so grevious has 4 sabers at the same time?

prod_
Originally posted by Darth Feytal
so grevious has 4 sabers at the same time?

YEP

darth_achilles
From what i recall, the word round town was he could wield four, but all the true hs pics iv seen he only has 2, but who knows right.

Anyways, whatsup guys, Noobie here smile first post, hope to see yall around!

fezster
who cares?

Darth Feytal
i do

Julie
it's a trailer..they only have so much room

JKozzy
He's there if you look.

http://img93.exs.cx/img93/3796/grievous8cj.jpg

Julie
yeah well I'm sure there's a lot in there that I didn't see b/c the pics were moving waaaay too fast

prod_
Use the pause button...

Julie
pause button...what pause button???....and besides I've only seen it like 8 times

prod_
Only???

seriously...must have seen it more than a 100 times...!!!!

Darth Plagueis
Prod, thats what I did with that clone wars clip you posted the other night...

prod_
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Prod, thats what I did with that clone wars clip you posted the other night... laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

me too...LOL... laughing

Darth Plagueis
Shiz, I am gonna go watch it right now!! Then I think I need to head to Queegs before posting anymore...why couldn't I have found you guys in February or earlier??? I feel like "Mar 05" is a mark of death.....

prod_
LOL!!!!

Well...atleast u found us!!!

I came in January...hope I had come earlier too...aww well...

I think I will go watch it too!

Darth Plagueis
Ahhhhh....still looks cool Prod! I feel like you really paid me back for that HS shot the other night!

prod_
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Ahhhhh....still looks cool Prod! I feel like you really paid me back for that HS shot the other night!

what Hs shot confused

big grin forgot.... wink embarrasment

u have HS???

can I request something??? big grin

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by prod_
what Hs shot confused

big grin forgot.... wink embarrasment

u have HS???

can I request something??? big grin Remember the lizard shot from...um...damnit, that planet with the lizard guys...you started the thread...

prod_
OH YEAH!!!!

me remembers...so...u have HS???

I will PM my request ;p

Darth Plagueis
Cool, the reason I honored your request is that you sent it in a link so that all I had to do was sign into HS and copy the pic...I am not yet real keen on giving out my id and password....

prod_
Ha ha...I make it easier for people to post HS stuff...u know...for the lazy stick out tongue

Naredhel
If you want a pic of GG with 4 sabers, there's one in one of the visual dictionary links smile

((The_Anomaly))
can u post that?

oh and GL wants GG to be a kind of mystery for the fans, it makes for better effect when we all go and see the movie, notice we've seen nearly nothing at all of GG in comparison to everyone and everything else....its just a good scheme yet again by GL to make GG seem a lot more intresting and cool then what he would be if we've seen him like 100 times now..

DCLXVI
GG is indeed in the Trailer.
CLOSED.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.