Odin vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Odin vs JLA

eleveninches
Hmmm.
JLA JUST wins.
(as long as they have hal instead of that useless lump of crap john stewart)

King Burger
Doesn't Odin have magical powers as well?

If so, then he would win, after a tough fight.

Ofr if he lost, then it would be after thrashing
most of the JLA.

Superman would match his strenght though.

Beyonder
Odin. He backhands all of them in one blow. If any of them dive out of the way, he grows to giant size and steps on them.

Odin 100000000000000000/10

illadelph12
If Odin can down Manhunter and Supes without exhausting to much power he'd take it. Considering he's entrapped beings like Surtur, it's a high possibility

Beyonder
wink a minute please.

Beyonder
Originally posted by illadelph12
If Odin can down Manhunter and Supes without exhausting to much power he'd take it. Considering he's entrapped beings like Surtur, it's a high possibility

This good enuff? Surfer didn't get up after that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318386&highlight=Odin+vs+Thanos

kgkg
The question is who is gonna to do the most damage superman / GL / MM or WW

i think he can KO each of them with one BLow what am after can they beat him somehow working together.

but hey if they combine there tactics they can come up with something hopefuly , because in term of power they whould get owned

Beyonder
Originally posted by kgkg
The question is who is gonna to do the most damage superman / GL / MM or WW

i think he can KO each of them with one BLow what am after can they beat him somehow working together.

but hey if they combine there tactics they can come up with something hopefuly , because in term of power they whould get owned

big grin If their combined attack is as stronger as Thanos busting out, they'd still only push him off balance a bit. They're fleas to him.

long pig
odin looks BAD ASS in those pics.
Odin is above these simple mortals...but if he had to he'd just whore slap them all for attempting to fight him in their silly spandex suits.

King Burger
Odin isn't Galactus or Phoenix, he can't just walk all
over earth heroes like they were insects.

he will probably win, but it won't be easy.

long pig
He is certainly leagues above superhumans. and some guy from mars.
He has basically all the powers of any asguardian minus a few.
so yes, he can walk over most heros like they're insects.

King Burger
How much more powerful than Thor is Odin?

Can Thor beat the entire JLA? I doubt it.

SO then, maybe his father Odin, who is stronger
can beat the JLA, but not so easily.

illadelph12
Odin is vastly more powerful than Thor when you take his cosmic powers, magic, and energy manipulation into account, plus he is far more tactical. Thor's not the strategist or powerhouse Odin is.

long pig
Not saying Thor isnt tactical, He is far more than most of the JLA but compaired to his father, Thor is a chump.
I mean, this IS Odin after all.

eleveninches
Odin wasnt even able to beat regular thanos or mad genis

Khellendros
Originally posted by long pig
odin looks BAD ASS in those pics.
Odin is above these simple mortals...but if he had to he'd just whore slap them all for attempting to fight him in their silly spandex suits.
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
The man speaks truth, though. Odin slaughters the men and takes the prettier women as the spoils of war.

Zahit
Odin would make the entire JLA his beeyatchez.....easily.....

Beyonder
Originally posted by King Burger
How much more powerful than Thor is Odin?

Can Thor beat the entire JLA? I doubt it.

SO then, maybe his father Odin, who is stronger
can beat the JLA, but not so easily.

Odin>Surtur>JLA

Surfer = Thor = Superman

Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Surfer
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328575&highlight=Surtur

Yeah, so I guess the argument here is that the JLA can take Thanos. Or maybe the argument is they can take Beyonder, Walker, Galactus, or Tyrant since none of these guys beat Thanos either.

Insane Genis? Yeah, he's such a weakling.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Beyonder
This good enuff? Surfer didn't get up after that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318386&highlight=Odin+vs+Thanos Ehh... Surtur?
Originally posted by eleveninches
Odin wasnt even able to beat regular thanos or mad genis He wasn't even able to beat Thanos? The dude can't die. And there are slim pickin's for guys who can beat Thanos.

savagerampage
Odin

King Burger
Explain "Surfer=Thor=Superman".

Explain how Beyonder, Wlaker, Galactus and Tyrant couldn't
beat Thanos. Are you saying Thanos is stronger than Galactus?
Is Thanos now on the level of Galactus, Eternity, Celestials, and
the other Cosmic Beings?

Look, I'm not saying Odin wouldn't win, but to characterize this
as a cake-walk for Odin would be a bit too much.

The JLA is arguable the strongest super-hero team in all of
comics, stronger even than the Avengers, so I doubt they
would roll over and die.

Beyonder
They couldn't put Thanos down. Thanos' durability is second only to his intellect. It's not that they can't beat him, it's that he's stood up to their power and looked good. So if he's stood up to them, why should Odin feel ashamed of not putting Thanos down when beings his level or above can't? And just cause Thanos can, doesn't mean any of the JLA can. None of them are on his level of durability or power.

A swipe from Odin and Surfer is out. Surfer, Thor, and Superman are roguely around the same level. If you want to be more specific, it goes:

1] Surfer
2] Thor or Superman

The JLA are arguably the most powerful, but the Infinity Watch and Defenders says different. And the Watch was there, with Thanos, Surfer, and Strange. I may have to look back in my book, but I think Drax tried something stupid and Odin b!tchslapped him in one blow. Thanos then orders Surfer to his side, while Strange and the Watch stayed back. Odin took out Surfer like he did Drax. Now, if it were the Defenders, Hulk would end up like Drax, while Surfer and Strange assault Odin, and Namor would basically be useless. The only difference in this scenerio is Thanos is more powerful than Strange.

What are the JLA going to do? He'll walk all over them. This ain't Darkseid were talking about. Odin doesn't even need to pull out Gungnir to beat down the JLA. Odin sent Gladiator back to the future after Gladiator lost to Thor with assist from Enchantress and Tarene. The JLA have nothing on a skyfather, much less Odin.

JWangSDC
odin rocks the JLA

King Burger
If Thanos can stand up to Cosmic Beings like Galactus and
the Celestials, and "look good", then it figures, according
to you, that Odin must be nearly as powerful as Galactus or
the Celestials.

Yes, the Defenders are arguably more powerful than the JLA,
but they aren't really a set team, rather an ad hoc collection
of heroes.

Much of this arguement is based on that fight from the "mad
Thor" storyline. That story-line had plenty of problems, as I
remember it when I read it all those years ago. The ease with
which Thor beat Silver Surfer being one. Add to that how Drax,
with his Strength Gem (?), which supposedly gives him physical
strength beyond anyone, also couldn't restrain Thor.

That story-line was silly, much like Hulk's "lifting" of a mountain
in Secret Wars I.

I would like to see other evidence of Odins tremendous
powers. This isn't a sarcastic challenge, rather it is a curious
invitation.

But again. The point is, Odin cannot walk all over the JLA like
they were insects. Superman himself, who is notably stronger
than Thor (yes, I am one of those who thinks Superman is
stronger than Thor or the Hulk), can match his strength. Martian
Manhunter is said to be a very powerful telepath, something
that I don't know if Odin is as well.

long pig
I know what your going for here because simply there is little to no evidence to Odins full power, so you're going to say "Well if there is no proof then you can say hes that powerful" which is a faulty argument.
The guy is a top God, its true i cant 100% prove to you he can beat them because his power is just accepted in the MU eyes and needs no proof.
TOAA has never shown to be able to do shit,its just comman knowledge he is supremely powerful.

Wynndar
If someone has no idea how powerful Odin is, why assume he is being over rated against the JLA? why not assume he is being under rated...yes Odin would walk through the JLA, Odin transcends the physical world and cant just be beaten with raw power...

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Wynndar
Odin transcends the physical world and cant just be beaten with raw power...

I wouldn't be too sure about this statement. Thanos brought nothing but raw power (and the ability to take a lot of punishment) in his fight against Odin. Not that he was beating Odin or anything but given enough raw power, which the JLA may or may not have, they might be able to slatemate Odin for a while. They'd still lose but it won't be cakewalk for Odin. Throw in a couple of other DC heavy hitters like Captain Marvel, Firestorm and Alan Scott then the JLA might have a 1 in 100 chance of beating Odin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.