Mira vs Handmaiden

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Scout/sentinel or soldier guardian....hmmm lightsaber to lightsaber I'm going with Handmaiden, but force powers I'd say it's a toss up

ArthasKnight
I've always thought Mira to be a major wuss, she sucks in melee combat whenever I use her so I'd have to say Handmaiden, even with Force powers 'cause Handmaiden's got Master Conditioning and all that.

Darth_Janus
I'd have to say the Handmaiden for three reasons: Enchani training; she's no slouch in combat and has mega HP from being a soldier/guardian; and lastly, she's a warrior, not a bounty hunter.

SnakeEyes
Mira never struck me as real tough... at all. Handmaiden pwns her on this one.

Julie
poor Mira.....let's just hope the handmaiden is nice about it

Darth_Janus
Well, she IS a loyal servant and honourable combatant. Then again, that may be used against her. Mira may not be better in game technically, but realistically, she's an amazing bounty hunter

Julie
true....never underestimate a bounty hunter...it's a quick way to short death

Darth_Janus
Exactly.

Julie
still....is this a hunting thing or a straight up lightsaber bash each other thing

Darth_Janus
If it's straight out combat, Mira would most likely lose. If not, she -might- win.

Julie
my thoughts too....one on one like she took Hanharr she's done for, but if it's a hide and seek thing with mines the Handmaiden might not fair so well against Mira

Darth_Janus
I think so. You know, I never trained Mira as a Jedi, so I don't know why she would even have the potential in the first place. Same with Bao Dur. Even Atton becoming a Jedi I found a bit far-fetched.

Julie
would you like to learn how to get Mira to be a jedi???
I always have trouble getting Baodur to become a jedi I don't know why either....maybe it's cause I ignore the iridorian mechanic a lot b/c he sucks at beginning levels

Darth_Janus
He certainly does. My personal crew consists of Visas and the Handmaiden. Maybe Atton or Kreia, but few else.

And yes, I'd love to know.

Julie
Okay, well you know you have to gain enough influence. In a few days I might be able to get you the exact lines you need to say to her for influence gains, it's in the prima book.

Basically, general rule, be nice to her.

ask about her family, she'll get pissed off, but if you apologize later and generally just kiss up, you'll gain influence.

eventually you'll get to say something like " I want to show you what Kreia showed me." or some other I can teach you to be a jedi kinda deal.
it'll tell you if you have enough influence or not, she'll say, "maybe someday I'll let you." when you've gained enough influence.

Key part: Go back to Nar Shadda and walk to the far side, right before the entrance to the entertainment place. Right where you stopped the first time on Nar Shadda to talk to Kreia about the noise, the frantic hummm of life......
say you'll train her and boom you have a jedi.:-)

Darth_Janus
Excellent. Thank you.

Julie
Your welcome. I hope you can train her well....though if you want try being good...enough to get her to come with you then fall to the dark side:-0

Darth_Janus
How tempting. Think I might try it. I have yet to run a successful evil guy.

Julie
really? Well you should.....being evil can have its perks....the handmaiden looks cool in her dark robes

Darth_Janus
I'm making a Dark Jedi character again (I had trouble going through it with a guy, so I made a girl). But I'm sticking with the whole Jedi Guardian thing because skill points aren't worth it (Thus making Sentinels suck) and consulars can't hang in battle.

Julie
actually that's what I thought at first until I learned how to use the skill pts well....persuade is good for convincing people to give you more money and such....computer and repair let you talk to T3 and do a few side quest conversations that way....demolitions allows you to pick up mins, more XP etc

Darth_Janus
Right, that's true. But since there's an infinite experience glitch, and money isn't really all that neccessary after awhile, it's better to have the saving throws and stats of a guardian.

Julie
glitch what glitch....and will it destroy my xbox if I try to implement it?

Darth_Janus
I don't think so. anyways, what you have to do is first make sure you're able to heal like a madwoman or life drain... then, in the vision cave on Korriban (deep within the bat cave) there's a room where a dead Jedi's body is. Every time you search it, two Hssiss spawn. It's infinite, far as I can tell, but you have to do it the first time you come here, since that cave seals itself after you complete it

Julie
oh so you spend hours beating the heck out of hississ...I see how it works...hmm I don't think I'm that interested in XP but I might...they're worth like 400 and I want to level up all the way....er at least to 30

Darth_Janus
The cap is 50, or so I've been told. It'd be worth the money you put into the game to have a level fifty Jedi.

Julie
level 50....I don't think there's enough stuff to do to get that much XP

Darth_Janus
Sure there is. Exp glitch

Julie
you mean you want me to stand there and beat up hississ all day long?

Darth_Janus
Yes. In fact, I demand it.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I was level 25 when I first beat the game, which is, assuming level 50 is the cap, half potential for my exile. If you'd like to have an overwhelmingly powerful Jedi/Sith, that is the way to go. But then again, there's not too much you can do afterwards unless you leave a planet or two uncompleted.

Julie
True I usually do Korriban last...I'm too freakin weak before at least one planet is through...everybody beats on me if I go there first

Darth Mantis
Handmaiden.

Jedi_KnightAlly
I actually think mira, in my game, handmaiden was piss poor, whereas i cld always usemira effectively, i thought handmaiden was just duff lol.

Kiu Dun
It matters what their using. If Mira is using her rocket launcher/dart launcher, handmaiden just doesn't stand a chance.

Darth_Janus
Rocket launcher isn't that great against moving targets. Some knight speed and the Handmaiden could easily avoid that.

ArthasKnight
Well I dunno, if Mira got her with an adhesive grenade then she could just use her targeting ability and blast away.

Darth_Janus
But if she didn't have time and resources to do all that, she'd be dead, real quick.

Julie
I agree. echani are the up close and personal people.....if it's a fight it'll prob be hand to hand soon enough

Fishy
Handmaiden wins this, as soon as she comes close her Echani fighting style and superior training will let her take care of Mira easily...

And Janus, if you are a female the handmaiden won't even follow you and Disciple is a weak bastard... Anyways i got a Jedi level 50 one's it took me a shit load of time and i have to say i wish i wouldn't have done it. To much time wasted killing stupid thugs and doing every quest i could

Darth_Janus
I hate Micah, the disciple. He's ridiculous to earn influence with, he's stingy with his first aid specialty, and he doesn't come with anythign worthwhile when it comes to feats or abilities.

Highest level character I had was a level 37 or 38 Sith lord/Jedi Guardian... She was incredibly powerful. But the game was way too easy after that.

Fishy
If you're level 50 its not any harder... Trust me its not worth your time to get a Jedi that high, unless you want to be able to say you got your char to level 50

Darth_Janus
Or have every feat and power imaginable.

Darth Mantis
Damn, your level can go that high? I was half that to beat the game at hard. How long would that take to get your level that high?

Darth_Janus
Not long at all. Your levels go up faster on difficult. I really only built up four or five levels at Korriban. The rest was from being thorough.

Darth Mantis
Originally posted by Kiu Dun
It matters what their using. If Mira is using her rocket launcher/dart launcher, handmaiden just doesn't stand a chance. Well that would lead to a simple victory if their wasn't for one big flaw... She can force push it back at her... Plan goes up in flames.rip

Julie
yeah that would suck.

Yes, your level can supposed ly go that high but I don't have the patience to sit there and get it that high...but I have gotten to 31 or something like that from that lovely korriban glitch/ cheat/ whatever

Julie
I just reread DJ's comment about having trouble making it through dark as a guy, so he made a girl that's funny.....and yes the skill pts are worth it...you get XP faster so level up faster....and you can upgrade armor and weapons overcoming the initial deficiency

Darth_Janus
It was easier to be evil as a girl. I just imagined her as a self righteous woman who hates all lower life forms, mainly everyone else.

Julie
Ha lol.....really, I usually find its easier to be good in general, never really thoguh about how easy it was to be bad or good as a girl as opposed to a guy... both look freaking creepy

Darth_Janus
Hm. I always play my first game good, because I have a natural tendency to want to be nice to people. Except for people like the Quarren Exchange goons. I just wanna rub those geeks out. But being evil has its kicks. Three of them, to be exact. One was Force persuading Zaalbar to be your slave and to kill Mission. That was a powertrip and a half. Then force persuading the goons on Nar Shadaa to give you their money and then throw themselves off of the ledge. And lastly, the most insidious, evil, twisted and enjoyable moment was converting Atton to become a Sith padawan. Oh man, was that fun.

Fishy
How was that the most evil thing you ever did??

Letting Zaalbar kill mission is far better, and letting those two guys jump themselves to dead is indeed great fun

Darth_Janus
There's something about corrupting Atton and making him hate the Jedi that is very evil.

Fishy
Why? He hated him his entire life then left his life because he hated them and loved them at the same time. He never liked the Jedi, making him hate the Jedi seems natural for me, he just needs a little persuasion. The same goes for Jedi... I actually believe you are hurting Atton more if you are making him a Jedi then if you are making him a Sith

Darth_Janus
Well, if you could sit and manipulate everyone onboard into being your evil minions, I would have loved that game more than I do now.

Julie
Handmaiden follows you dark too....she may not think so but she goes dark .....actually she's one of the few characters who looks cool dark

Julie
for all those who answered who are these chicks......go rent KOTOR I and KOTOR II then report back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.