Aquinas and the synthesis of Faith and Reason

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peterKSL
http://www.nd.edu/Departments/Maritain/ti99/michon.htm

What are your views on this? I have a assignment due on this topic...

debbiejo
Man...That's so long to read...maybe later. messed

peterKSL
I didn't really got my source from there... I got it from a philosophy book... if you want info on that, maybe you can search in the web... smile

Reborn Again
This is what I got out of it: (I merely skimmed through it!)

Intelligence and formulation of thought is based more on suspicion and belief of content rather than on actual facts, thus we make a decision more on the pieces we have and act, rather than formulating the entire puzzle and learning whether or not its the right thing to do. Religion is motivation and science is a way to act?

confused1

Jackie Malfoy
I have mix feelings on this topic.I wish they would teach about creation in school and not say Elevetion is a fact becaues it is not.JM

Reborn Again
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Elevetion

Evolution?

MC Mike
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I have mix feelings on this topic.I wish they would teach about creation in school and not say Elevetion is a fact becaues it is not.JM

Actually, elevation is a fact... the height of a mountain, etc.

no expression

Like in those recent National Geographic and Discover issues - "Was Darwin Wrong?" "NO, the amount of proof is overwhelming."

And, evolution is just a theory. But so are Continental Drift, Electricity, and the earth revolving around the sun!

- - ANYWAY, back on topic - -

That was kind of cofusing, and I'm not in a position to say anything really worth saying. wacko

Reborn Again
Originally posted by MC Mike
Actually, elevation is a fact... the height of a mountain, etc.

And, evolution is just a theory. But so are Continental Drift, Electricity, and the earth revolving around the sun!

wacko

Not a science student are you?

peterKSL
Ok, moderators, you can close this thread... it no longer serve it's purpose... I am changing my assignment topic... smile

Shades
Good decision. smokin'

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Reborn Again
Evolution?

Yes thanks .JM It is not a fact and it is not proven to be one.

Adam_PoE
I am tired of seeing such misinformed posts as "evolution is not a fact" and "evolution has not been proven". How many times do we have to go over this? Scientific theories stand until disproven, they are never proven correct. A scientific theory itself is not a fact but contains facts.

Reborn Again
Originally posted by peterKSL
Ok, moderators, you can close this thread... it no longer serve it's purpose... I am changing my assignment topic... smile

I thought it was an interesting topic. Didn't my sypnotises help?

peterKSL
I thought it was an interesting topic. Didn't my sypnotises help?

Thanks for your help, but I've decided to choose another topic from philosophicus's webpage...

Jackie Malfoy
YOu are wecome what are you going to do instead.JM

peterKSL
skepticsm/doubtism

debbiejo
Adam...I know evolution is only a theory, but in schools, it's taught as a fact...

Adam_PoE
Just like the "theory" of relativity.

debbiejo
In school It's always called the theory of relativity, but the other is just called evolution, not the theory of evolution. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was called a theory, honestly.

Reborn Again
skepticsm/doubtism

I dunno...sounds kinda hard. laughing

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by debbiejo
Adam...I know evolution is only a theory, but in schools, it's taught as a fact...

It should not be taught as a fact.People just can't say things are a fact when it is not.That is just plain wrong.JM mad

peterKSL
I dunno...sounds kinda hard. laughing

How is that so? confused
or are you being sarcastic? eek!

Reborn Again
How is that so? confused
or are you being sarcastic? eek!

Yes, I am.

skepticsm/doubtism

"I dunno..." skepticism
"...seems kinda hard." doubtism.

laughing

It's not as funny if I hafta explain it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.