Adamantium VS Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ayjay
Okay, Colossus is extremely durable, and i know he's survived a scratch from wolverine's claws which resulted with a few sparks...but is colossus' organic metal stronger than adamantium?

Clovie
vs forum

ayjay
but its not a fight.....its a durablilty contest.....colussus isnt fighting anyone....its his organic metal against adamantium

stormfront13
um... well wolverine can't hurt him so i'd say its stronger

DrDoom
His skin isn't stronger than adamantium.

In Days of Future Past both he, Storm, and Wolverine were killed by Sentinels. When he and Wolverine got blasted by a Sentinel's beam:

He melted, and Wolverine's flesh was completely burned away--leaving his adamantium skeleton intact, not a scratch on it.

His armor was also pierced during the Mutant Massacre. A member of the Marauders (Riptide or something) who could spin very fast threw a crap load of throwing stars at Colossus. Most of them bounced off, but some of them got stuck in his metal skin. He nearly died from this attack.

I'll bet anyone $5 that those throwing stars wouldn't have pierced a sheet of adamantium.

ayjay
wait a sec...i thought colloussus could survive sentinal beams...were the AOA sentinals like UBER powerfuL?

wolverine8888
first off I like to piont out that coloussus character was re done at first wolverine claws could not go through him but then the righters realize how stupid that was because that would make coloussus almost un kill able so they change it and u see in later comics wolverine was able to cut right throu him. also this holds true for the ultimate univers also

ayjay
o0o....ah k...thnx wolverine888

pr1983
colossus' skin wont stand up to adamantium for long... but it depends on the adamantium... i dont believe logan has the force to puncture colossus... and in a fight colossus would take him apart...

ayjay
i agree..i think it's the leverage behind the adamntium claws that would see whether logan could pierce piotr, but, if you shot a warhead at colossus, and shot another one at a adamantium equivalent...which one would sustain the most damage?

pr1983
Originally posted by ayjay
i agree..i think it's the leverage behind the adamntium claws that would see whether logan could pierce piotr, but, if you shot a warhead at colossus, and shot another one at a adamantium equivalent...which one would sustain the most damage?

obviously colossus... but thats a warhead...

LISA-J
Have they actually ever had a fight,though I think wolvy could withstand more than colossus.

pr1983
not when colossus uses logans head as a punching bag...

LISA-J
LOl god would I love to see that yes yes

pr1983
Originally posted by LISA-J
LOl god would I love to see that yes yes

as would i...

ayjay
is colossus strong enough to dent wolverin'es skukll with punches? or kicks?

pr1983
is colossus strong enough to dent wolverin'es skukll with punches? or kicks?

he's strong enough to hit him without being hurt by punching adamantium...

ayjay
but could he dent adamitum skull?

pr1983
but could he dent adamitum skull?

eventually yes i'd say...

ayjay
o0o kool.....so wat is colossus' metal skin actualy made of? is it an unknown metal?

pr1983
its desribed as being an organic steel... when he changes to his metal form he becomes extremely durable (his skin is rumoured to be tougher than the hulk's, he just doesnt have a healing factor), the cool thing is that the metal skin doesnt make him slower or less agile, he keeps all his mobility...

ayjay
ah k..kool thnx pr

pr1983
No problem big grin

Metalmanx
Yea, the organic steel is unknown.

I, too, would love to see a real fight between Wolverine and Colossus. Colossus would mop the floor with him. Wolverine just does not have the strength to pierce Piotr's metallic skin.

Oh, and that scene from Ultimate X-men #1 (I have it, by the way), I wouldn't really count that as Wolverine cutting through Colossus, since it was indeed a virtual reality training simulation. The simulation did not have the same stats, abilities, and skill that the real-life counterparts do. For example: Jean would would've easily blocked that optic blast from Scott (Which Wolverine made happen by twisting Scott's neck to face Jean and pressing the visor button) and Iceman would've froze him instantly. Beast would've knocked Wolverine out with that first kick of his, or Storm would've struck him with lightning. That training simulation was just not a very good source to go by.

pr1983
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Yea, the organic steel is unknown.

I, too, would love to see a real fight between Wolverine and Colossus. Colossus would mop the floor with him. Wolverine just does not have the strength to pierce Piotr's metallic skin.

Oh, and that scene from Ultimate X-men #1 (I have it, by the way), I wouldn't really count that as Wolverine cutting through Colossus, since it was indeed a virtual reality training simulation. The simulation did not have the same stats, abilities, and skill that the real-life counterparts do. For example: Jean would would've easily blocked that optic blast from Scott (Which Wolverine made happen by twisting Scott's neck to face Jean and pressing the visor button) and Iceman would've froze him instantly. Beast would've knocked Wolverine out with that first kick of his, or Storm would've struck him with lightning. That training simulation was just not a very good source to go by.

i have the same comic... it was way too easy his beating the x-men, i know they were kids but still, it was rather dumb...

and while i believe adamantium could pierce colossus, i agree logan doesnt have the force to do it...

Metalmanx
Oh yea, I meant to fix what I said. I meant either Ultimate X-men Volume #1, or Ultimate X-men Issue #3. Sorry if there was any confusion with anyone.

But yea, I'm glad you agree with me. It was so lame the way they they just stood there and took that beating.

And I also agree with you. Adamantium could pierce Colossus, but Wolverine has nowhere near the strength behind it to do so.

Perhaps if he were shot from a cannon...

ayjay
so..does that mean admantium bullets would pierce colossus?

Metalmanx
Not sure really. I don't know if they would have the same piercing power as blades. Yes, they would have more force, but I'm not sure that they are efficiently designed to pierce.

Perhaps armor-piercing adamantium bullets. That might do it.

Rave X
They should not fight, they should work together. Though it would be interesting to see who wins..

Metalmanx
I agree.

Ecob16
I know his Adamantium is stronger than Colossus's organic steel, but does he have the strength to do so? has it ever happened?

pr1983
we've actually been having a long conversation about that here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=330706&highlight=adamantium+colossus

Ecob16
Ah, much appreciated smile

pr1983
No problem big grin

black robb
he's not strong enough to force his claws through his solid steel body

Lord Unicron
I disagree. I think if Logan wanted to he could. I never read where organic metal was stronger then adamantium.

Draco69
He can't unless he was propelled with enough force. He could scratch it at the most. Having extremely sharp claws doesn't mean you can go through any thing. People fail to involve strength.

Lord Unicron
Hmmm ok I see. He could but only with enough force. I get that.

matchless
Once he his skin also got cracked once. He was heated up then frozen, like freeze thaw. And his skin cracked, I don't think that would happen with Admantium (the main type)

niteshade
in ishue 152 of the origanel uncanny x-men comic the brood showed up at a construction site and was going to shoot and kill prof-x missed and hit colloses the shot started to melt through colloses and he was allmost killed by it so he was not involnarable in a real heated fight i think old wolvie would chop him into cold cuts and serve him up. (i think it was 152 it was some where close to that )

DarkCrawler
You know...Colossus's organs, bones and eyes turn into steel too.

Wickerman
Pretty much what i wanted to say has already been said. I'm sure neither Wolvie nor Sabertooth have the strength to go through his skin unless maybe Wolvie got a CannonBall Special from someone incredibly strong or something like that.

~wickerman~

FieryBalrog
regardless of wolverines strength, adamantium (the metal itself) is stronger than organic steel. Colossus's steel has been cracked and stuff before by non-cosmic forces. Adamantium can't be, its unbreakable by any earthly force. The real adamantium, that is.

MindFix
adamantium is defintily stronger, in to many comics has colussus's steel been hurt and in a fight i believe wolverine would win, colossus would get the jump on him but u cann't keep wolverine down for long, i believe wolverine could puncture his armor with a direct blow and now repeated punches wouldn't dent wolverines skull. wolverine has to much rage.

Trusky
11 YEARS LATER.....
Ok, so to be clear, Colossus's internal organs also turn into this organic compound. So it would take an INSANE amount of force to actually puncture he's skin and damage him internally.
Now comic books aside, if we include all movie adaptations of both characters, what does everyone think? I'm not nearly as knowledgable as most of you so it'd be really ****ing awesome to hear what everyone's got to add now.

StiltmanFTW
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111245481/5028039-4439115-6746428130-30799.jpg

KingD19
It's the same as it's always been. Adamantium has no problem cutting Colossus, or anyone else for that matter. It's the person using the Adamantium that brings up the issue. On average, Logan for example isn't strong enough to do more than scratch Colossus and leave sparks, but when amped for instance by that demon, or when thrown by Stryfe, he has enough force behind his claws to puncture him. If you gave Thor an axe made from Adamantium, I have no problem seeing him cleave Colossus' arm off or something.

StiltmanFTW
Basically you're putting Colossus' durability over the likes of Gladiator? shifty

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Basically you're putting Colossus' durability over the likes of Gladiator? shifty

Wouldn't you?

StiltmanFTW
I don't see Glads getting hurt by a kick from Storm haw-som

-Pr-
I dunno, he seems like the type to be intimidated by a strong woman. Intimidation means a loss of confidence, etc.

KingD19
A strong, confident, PROUD black mutant woman that don't need no man to take care of bidness.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
I dunno, he seems like the type to be intimidated by a strong woman. Intimidation means a loss of confidence, etc.

Hey, that actually explains how he got socked by Rogue of all people in TAS... but Juggs couldn't even budge him haermm

Originally posted by KingD19
A strong, confident, PROUD black mutant woman that don't need no man to take care of bidness.

She's more than that! She's the amalgam of the rarest traits of all races! laughing out loud

There's a thread about it, lol.

Emperor Kronos
Considering two forms of metal fictional or not cannot just up right grow a mind of their own and fight eachother, I am going to go with what a few have said.
Wolverine VS Collosus, hmmmm well Wolverines healing factor making him near immortal, but deffo can be killed in many ways the fan boys and comics like to leave out would dish some serious damage and hurt Collosus here, that is considering Collosus doesn't 1 punch KO Wolverine which he could easily do considering how physically strong he is, It would be a matter of Wolverine getting that killer blow after recovering from more than likely a serious ammount of head traumatic assaults and other wise anyone else lethal 1 hit kill punches and all. I think this would be a very long draw out fight if in real life, it may even get somewhat boring to watch as neither would be dumb enough to get to close but Collosus does have the upper hand with the super human strength, he could keep Wolverine back by tossing things at him or crushing him or tapping him in something from distance. But Adamantium wins metal wise.
Fight would just be loooong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.