new life for spiderman? finds a treasure worth $25m and his life changes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dami wilson
here it is, the ultimate change over for a futuristic scenario for our favorite web head....................here it is down below. You judge and should Marvel pick it up?

Supposing he was to someday get rich, even if it was for a ten issue edition? Like find some rich treasure in New Jersey and tries to trace the owner but cant and then starts spending it and buying gears like a small helicopter, a spider bike, spider car, an official spiderman office for contact and actually employ folks to run a spiderman newpaper. A superhero club to promote mutants and superheros who risk their life to keep the peace. I think it's about time someone in Marvel figures this would happen in their world if it was a real world.

Peter Parker has the experience and there'd be loads of stories on him and other super heros and updates. He'd employ folks or hire school kids (college students) and start a mutant newspaper to promote mutants and heros like himself.

In Marvel stories like the X men, there is a big misunderstanding about mutants isn't there? So why isn't someone trying to put the records right? Like Tony Stark? PLayboy extraordinary? Too busy being a playboy?

The newspaper would have info on new and old superheros and new villians and stuff like that. It have top security and a hotline. Hey, a new era for spidey in this edition of futuristic Spidey life! Then spidey would be like Iron man (Tony Stark) but with more flair in trying to bring the best out of people. He'd become a Jerry Springer like personality and even do shows on TV to promote these mutants and fights could bust out during filming and he'd have to quickly change to spiderman and help out. MJ would help out and this might attract danger to her but spidey would always come to the rescue! He'd even hire side kicks to help protect the place and run a help line!

Good stories can come from this guys! Marvel, are you listening?

What do you folks think?

embarrasment cool cool cool smokin' Happy Dance

dami wilson
In this edition , MJ wuld have one or two kids for Peter and as they grow up they would get into trouble at school and draw attention to themselves and their parents. Real danger as other villians come after them or something of ther sort.

The magazine set up by Peter would be bombared with applicants from potential new villains who want to make a name for themselves and who would get angry and attack the office if their stories are not published.

This newspaper would also serve as a head office for superheros to send urgent requests for help if they need assistance in fighting strong super villains. Peter would again have his hands full in trying to run the newspaper and be Spidey at the same time and also a father as MJ gives birth to twins ( a boy and a girl) who each have diff powers.

Aunt May is angry with Peter that he isn't spending more time with her and so and so. This issue would be the bomb man, I gurantee Marvel a whole load of sales if this edition kicked in.

Peter's life would still be hectic, there could still be tragedies as family life complicates matters for Peter and MJ and new and old Villians make a comeback to get a bit more famous and make more money for themselves.

This edition would be more funny (returning Spidey to the funny days ) as Villians try to make money for themselves and go on Peter's chat show and fights would start between villians or even super heros who dont get along! This is the 21st Century and things will change! Love and nothing but love!

doctorstrongbad
They are both good.

Reborn Again
Problem: Then everyone would know he has super powers, and he doesn't want that. He wants a normal life, and getting rich quick won't get him that either.

dami wilson
well, It's just an idea but what would his personality be like! You know what they say about money corrupts and all. The pressure and all that could go to his head.

All I'm saying is Peter has so many problems and one of them is being poor and struggling to make it in life. There are problems even if you're rich you know!

Ask some of the movie stars and other celebrities around the world!They wont know who to trust!

I just thought how would he be like if he was to strike it rich and still be spiderman! That's a new avenue that's never been explored. Instead we are always going back to reruns and old stories and bringing back dead villains and he never moves on! The great thing that made Spidey great was he was too fast to be touched and his Spider sense made it impossible to lay a hand on him! Period! Old reruns of Goblin or Sandman or even Dr Ock are boring!

Good grief! Thats old news! The green gobliin and all those guys back in the old days! I rather prefer seening old web head tackle the Rhino and Electro and even the King Pin than have to bring back the goblin or his son or cousin or goblins aunt!

Thats old territory! How about bringing in a drastic change of life! What would Peter be like, the pressures he would go through if he was rich, would he still care? Would he? That's a unique story right there!

With responsibility comes great POWERS so how would he behave if he was put in a rich man's shoes? MJ's life has changed since she became a supermodel! Why not Spidey's? This limited edition would show that! And if sales go through the roof then Marvel can keep it running!

Would he still be responsible?If he became extremely rich?
What he do if he had kids? Would he still be responsible to his kids? He's haviing problems doing that to his wife according to the writers! Having to chose between your wife and a costume? Come on, nobodies that much of a saint! Are we really talking about real people?

I like a bit of realism in comics now! Go far fetched and you're becoming more like Disney and some of their stuff is believable!

Its all so good for Reed Richards? Why? He's got a beautiful blonde wife and nothing goes wrong for him! mad mad mad

dami wilson
nobody has to know his identity. He's already famous for doing covers on spidey! He could even hire someone to pose as spidey and do an interview to fool people!

There are so many angles you can take from this! WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY!

So how would Peter behave if he got extremely rich? That's great power aint it? Oh yes, there are all types of power!

How come Marvel have never thought about that? Plus, there are more temptations when you got more riches! Let's see that angle, ...........any questions?

Jimmy Buggs
I say MJ hit the lotto jackpot , rather then spider man finds 25 million on a park bench or something dumb like that

dami wilson
here, that'd be a superb idea my friend! Give the two a break and then let's see Spidey in a different environment, then he could become a bit like Ironman. He'd have fancy gadgets to surprise us and his villains with! Spidermobile and bike which could shoot webbings to do super stunts and maybe spideman can set up his own school like Yoda and help mutant teenagers with similar powers to him.

They'd form the spider squad or something like that! They could use the Head quarters as a colony. The tirantula, the wasp, the hornet, and the beeman or beegal with a nasty sting. The fly, the list goes on.

It'd be cool if MJ finds it and the mafia want her to reveal how she got it. Spidey is her guard and security. But she and him run the news corp and entertain villains and heros are like. It'd be interesting I think.

Jimmy Buggs
it would make a good What if? comic, i dont think it should happen in the regular time line, unless after a little time spidey thinks the money is changing him in a bad way and donates to charitys

fatcat22
what's all this about? Finding $25m bucks is hard to swallow guys. So why doesn't he inherit it from Aunt May who all this time forgot about it under the atic or something. Hehehe......dont make fun of me!

Jimmy Buggs
aunt may needs to get killed again

doctorstrongbad
I think he needs aunt may so she can get captured again.

dami wilson
HA HA haha , oh you guys are funny! What do you have against aunt May, she'd the best aunt you could ever have! I wish I had an aunt like that!

BlackC@t
What is it with you and very cheesy ideas?! erm

doctorstrongbad
Well I have seen aunt may get captured time and time again. I think there is an another thread all about it called Spiderman's weakness. If she wasn't always getting into trouble the guy could focus more on others things like his job, fighting crime, or MJ.

dami wilson
blackcat, i love your analysis.........I just love cheese man! Loads of cheese on my pizza, burgers n the whole lot! I love cheesy music too, but I thought this was a chat line where you could ask or suggest ideas n see what folks thought.

For spiderman, we know he's had his fair share of goods and bad, but more bad than good. Now everyone's finding out who he is. The guy was a unique whiz kid at high school, had working experience as a photographer...................why didn't it come up to someone that he could get a cool job working along side his WIFE AS A PHOTOGRAPHER?
A top class photographer like him? He'd be famous by now but nope,.....

He's got to have a crappy life. Always struggling, .........always begging for his life from bad guys.always getting beat up...no more wise cracking jokes.....so they have changed his image. Diff writers that is. What would Stan Lee be suggesting if he was still on board?

if what I'm suggesting is cheessy? What has peter been going through all along in his life? Two week old pizza with salami?

What I suggest is a difference in writing stuff for web head. Its only an idea. Why blackcat , you dont want things going crazy but good in Spidey's life?

Just asking? roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment stick out tongue
some dude suggested they kill his aunt. Is that more your type of writing? Maybe get MJ killed, would you like that better?

oh yeah, I can think of plots to make spidey's life harder! 'How about getting him into a fight where he gets his arm amputated? Or he loses his arm in a fight? How about he loses his memory and cant remember who he is or who he's wife is. She begs him to come back to her but he refuses! Does that sound cheesy? smokin'

doctorstrongbad
Keep up with the ideas Dami,at least your trying. Its always harder to create something then destroy it. With the money maybe Spiderman become a subsitute teacher instead of a full-time teacher. That would take a a lot of his pressure off. smile

Red Superfly
Hasn't this already been done with the Silver Armoured Spider-Man?

BlackC@t
Oh my God!

Some lame-ass actually published a comic like that?

fatcat22
when did that story come out?

dami wilson
well, I believe Marvel read these fan based threads cus MJ is back with Peter and he's developed a fighting spirit again where he actually doesn't have to beg for his life to be spared!

Thanks Marvel...........it's cool that you guys and gals care! I feel for Peter/ spidey and I just feel too much sh.t is written about him it makes it sulk to read spidey anymore! He doesn't crack jokes anymore, he cant be touched anymore (I mean he can now be touched, kicked and brutalised) and basically it aint that much fun! But at least MJ's back with him and I love that ending where he begs her and says all that 'cant live without you stuff!' Then Cap added his advice 'from those who've been there' I bought the comic right away! It was sweet! A classic! Also liked the stuff on wolverine against those gangsters........that was class writting!

Basically, Marvel, you guys reading? It's the writting that intrigues people like me now! Realistic stuff about fictional super powered humans! We all like to dream but just making it believable helps alot! Make mine marvel anyday! Peace to all you folks in the real world! You too Ock! eek! confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic) wink big grin cool God bless! Its summer folks! You might catch spidey swinging in the sky again!

Spideys Sister
They had the cartoon do an episode of that silver spider. It was the inter dimension one. Peter was so damn cocky it wasn't funny

dami wilson
well, it seems marvels listening cus spidey is now working for a Mob Don for $10,000 a day as a body guard for something he'd normally have done for free.

Its stuff I've been trying to point out to MARVEL IN TERMS of Spidey's life! He's so so poor!
I know what I'd be doing with power's like that 'With GREAT POWER'S COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY' and great entreprenurial skills to find out ways to use those powers to maximum utility! With the science background that Peter had or has, he should have become a Bill Gates by now!

I have an MBA and would like to point out that in a country as great as the USA where folks are encouraged to go get their's, I'd have thought PP would have developed stuff like Tony Stark to get rich and use that money to help saving lifes! If he could invent a sticky web why not stuff he could sell?

The times have changed since the original writers started this comic but cant Marvel reflect the changing times in their story lines?

Rather than getting poorer and losing apartments and all. Im a great fan of Spiderman from my youth days and Marvel as a whole and just wanted them to broaden out a little on story lines.

They've brought back Captain Britain but he's sucha lame duck, he's like made for two year olds. He's fighting quacks for opponents like Batman does. Strange villians that look like they popped out of Harry Potter books..........It's not serious stuff. So maybe it's still for kids but I knew back then when I was a kid, I wouldn't have read it unless there was nothing else to read.

Anyway, great work Marvel! cool smokin'

hotsauce6548
I think it would be pretty cool to have Peter rich.

(At least it would be different from the millions of other Spidey series out there...)

doctorstrongbad
Yeah but Peter would want to donate a lot of his money to the poor. He might even give a lot to his high school, where he currently works.

dami wilson
well, that's true but it'd be wicked to see what kind of character he becomes.

Spideys Sister
That would suck so bad believe me

doctorstrongbad
Maybe Peter could use the money to start his own company. That would be cool to see. It would be a different angle to Spider-man.

Spideys Sister
Thats what happend in the cartoon... they still show it on toon disney 10:00PM

Paola
is this for real? or Spidey related? fan-fics has its own forum, y'know?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.