Fav Asian horror film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

asianfan
Mine is Ringu, first I watched really so has special place for me!

MildPossession
A Tale of Two Sisters is one of my favourites, from Korea.

Have you seen the horror from Thailand called Shutter? that's pretty good.

Cinemaddiction
None of 'em.

Solo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
None of 'em. Totally Agree.

BackFire
Audition.

MildPossession
What ones have you seen Solo?

pr1983
audition or the ring... but im gonna go with audition...

Shaggy2dope
grudge

WindDancer
Audition would be among the top best. I personally prefer The Untold Story for it's disturbing and gore scenes. Pork Buns anyone? wink

tabby999
none of them

44_caliber_fox
no good asian movies cept the original of the grudge

MildPossession
how many have you guys seen who keep saying, none of em, no good ones etc. Just interested.

KilledForLove
Guinea Pig's Series .. If Your An Extreme Horror Fan You Should Check That Out ...

wormiesaber
I thought the grudge was pretty scary. I do have the original asian version, but haven't watched it yet.

If any of you have not seen Kung-Fu Hustle yet, then I suggest you see it. It was the most WILD asian film I have honestly ever seen. It borders the horror genre, as there IS some slashing in it. However, I think the director just wanted to make a film that emcompassed every single idea he ever had!
Check it out...

MildPossession
That isn't a horror wormies.

Darth_Big_Boy
Versus ( some may not count that as horror but oh well )

TheRing
Ringu and Jian Gui: The Eye are my Favorites.

Wendigo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
None of 'em.

Wendigo
Who really wants to read subtitles? rock

Azrael01
Audition and battle royale (probably not horror but I don't care)

MildPossession
Please tell my you are joking, because that is a sad lazy excuse. laughing

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by MildPossession
how many have you guys seen who keep saying, none of em, no good ones etc. Just interested.

Enough to stand behind my opinion, so, 15-20, which is 14-19 too many. I always feel as if I should "give them a chance" to see if they'll be any different, like I did with "Tale of Two Sisters", and I got burned once again with another predictable ghost story.

So, the cycle will probably continue until I come across one that I find was actually worth my time.

LifeIsKillingMe
Audition

PRO-PAIN
Stacy
Hiruko The Goblin
Shutter
Audition
Ju-on
Ringu

And even though it's not horror Ichi The Killer

Wendigo
Please tell my you are joking, because that is a sad lazy excuse. laughing

No offence I just cant rebovered reading them and I like movies that I can understand what they are saying. confused

MildPossession
It's not hard to read subtitles and view the film at the same time, don't miss a thing.

Missing out on a world of films.

Wendigo
I just think it kind of puts u off the movie reading

Deathwish
I'd have to say my favorite is Hellevator

Wendigo
I have to say I am interested in a jap horror I have heard of called The eye wink Has anyone seen it?

TheRing
Originally posted by Wendigo
I have to say I am interested in a jap horror I have heard of called The eye wink Has anyone seen it?

Yes I have seen it, I thought it was a pretty good movie. Though everyone has their own opinions on movies.

There is an asian movie (I think Korean) that I want to see called "Bunshinsaba" or "Ouija Board". Has anyone seen this movie?

MildPossession
The Eye(which is getting a remake) isn't Japanese; it is Chinese/Thailand/Singapore film and Bushinsaba is Korean yes, have yet to see Bushinsaba. Don't have high hopes for it though, not suppose to be good.

Wendigo
The Eye(which is getting a remake) isn't Japanese; it is Chinese/Thailand/Singapore film and Bushinsaba is Korean yes, have yet to see Bushinsaba. Don't have high hopes for it though, not suppose to be good.

Do you reccomend watching it?(the eye)

MildPossession
Yes, some people will tell you it's just an Asian sixth sense, when, LOL, it has got nothing in common at all apart from the 'seeing dead people' aspect, which was in films before 6th sense 8-).

*LEGATO*
You Korean?

MildPossession
No I am not Korean, I'm English. Why?

WindDancer
Originally posted by KilledForLove
Guinea Pig's Series .. If Your An Extreme Horror Fan You Should Check That Out ...

Yeah, I heard that the Guinea Pig's series are pretty good. Never had the chance to check them out. Not easy to find a region 0 or 1 on dvd. erm

Azrael01
You can find them on amazon and ebay I got my box set off amazon I only watched part of the first one so far though. It is decent really realistic but has no plot so it gets old.

MildPossession
Winddancer, you can get some of them from store4dvd. Have a look on there.

WindDancer
Those are great places, but I was thinking of something more local. Not online. Most likely I will end up getting them from a site.

Azrael01
best buy released the box set you can check on there website to see if they have it at your store.

TheRing
Just saw a Korean Horror movie called 'The Ghost'. Its also known as 'Dead Friend'.

I thought it was pretty good, has anyone else seen it?

MildPossession
Have not seen it yet, but I am interested to see Ha-Neul Kim in a horror film after seeing her in the comedy My Tutor Friend. Saying that, haven't heard many good things about the movie.

TheRing
suprisingly it wasn't a bad film, lacks originality, but still in my opinion worth watching.

starrie
I am surprised mike didn't get mentioned at all.
Three Extremes was great. Gozu was great.
ringu and juon are child's play when it comes to Asian horror

MildPossession
Miike directed a section of Three Extremes, but yes, Extremes is worth seeing.

Gozu wasn't one of Miike's good films but still worth the look if you are a Miike fan.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by TheRing
suprisingly it wasn't a bad film, lacks originality, but still in my opinion worth watching.

An Asian ghost story that lacks originality? Go figure! "Gozu" isn't horror, that was just a non-sensical, messy movie.

TheRing
Yeah, if you ever watch it you have to pretend you haven't seen Ringu, then you could label it as a really good film. I don't want to spoil it too much if anyone wants to watch it, but it does get quite interesting towards the end.

Thoma5
Wat about the eyes2...

MildPossession
The Eye 2 is a decent watch, I enjoyed it anyway. There is a third one coming, think it's called Eye 10, can't remember.

TheRing
The Eye 2 is a decent watch, I enjoyed it anyway. There is a third one coming, think it's called Eye 10, can't remember.

Really? I haven't seen the second one yet, I have it just need to find time to watch it.

Would you say its better then the first?

MildPossession
Not better than the first no, but The Eye 2 is still worth the watch if you enjoyed the first one.

TheRing
Cool, got to watch it soon.

Have you seen all for Ju On Movies? (as in Ju On: The Curse, Ju On: The Curse 2, Ju On: The Grudge and Ju On: The Grudge 2)

If so what did you think of them?

MildPossession
I have only seen the two official Grudge ones, yet to see the third one. I enjoyed them but not up there with my favourite Asian films, I prefer the original to the American remake also.

TheRing
I have only seen the two official Grudge ones, yet to see the third one. I enjoyed them but not up there with my favourite Asian films, I prefer the original to the American remake also.

I agree, The Ju on movies were better then the remake. what is your top asian film at the moment? Which would you strongly recommend watching?

MildPossession
Some recommendations if you like these sort of films. You probably have seen these, but if not:

If you haven't seen A Tale of Two Sisters, see it now. It's one of my favourites in Asian horror from Korea.

Ab-Normal Beauty is really a thriller but has some horror elements in it, but the first section of the film is worth watching, the last part of the film I thought spoilt the rest of the film. It's directed by Oxide Pang, one half of the brothers who worked on The Eye.

Into The Mirror is worth the look if you like all these Ringu/ghost type films. Got some good scenes in the film.

Shutter is a good one from Thailand.

Phone - Is worth seeing for the child actress alone, even if you don't like the rest of the film.

Ring Virus is interesting if you want to see another version of Ringu from Korea.

Some people have said that Red Eye is good, I didn't think much of it though.

Unborn But Forgotten, might like this.

A Tale of Two Sisters is the only favourite one to me out of those above, but I just named some films to check out if you are an Asian horror fan more in the realms of less gore.

TheRing
Thanks, I'll check them out.

I was looking up on Ring Virus since I really like The Ring and I found out it is a different movie then Ring: The Spiral, I thought it was the same movie but different title. I'm a little confused here, so is this the order of the Ring Films?:

Ringu
Ringu 2
Ring 0
Ring: The Spiral/Rasen
Ring Virus

Is that right excluding the American Remake and its sequel?

MildPossession
Ringu
Rasen/The Spiral - unofficial sequel to Ringu
Ring 2
Ring Virus
Ring 0

papabeard
I like JU-On and Ringu, Dark Water and audition, thats about it, most are a bit cack. And I do like a bit of Versus every now and then.

A Tale of 2 Sisters, Cursed and Phone are all a bit guff.

PS The Spiral and The Ring Virus are utter spoff.

TheRing
Yeah I never liked spiral that much, The plot wasn't very good at all.

Wendigo
Was darkwater a jap film? Anyone know about the eye remake?so I dont have 2 read the ****ing subtitles!

TheRing
Was darkwater a jap film? Anyone know about the eye remake?so I dont have 2 read the ****ing subtitles!

Dark water is a Japanese film but there is an America remake coming out in the US on the 8th of July this year.

Comes out in Australia on the 4 of August.

MildPossession
I am looking forwards to the Dark Water remake, good cast and a wonderful director, so could be one of the good remakes. Loved the original film so will be interesting to compare the two.

TheRing
I am looking forwards to the Dark Water remake, good cast and a wonderful director, so could be one of the good remakes. Loved the original film so will be interesting to compare the two.

I second that, the original was such a good movie. I liked the remaking of The Ring, hopefully Dark water remake will be just as good.

Just watched Shutter and man was that a great film, I liked the way the plot all fits together and isn't all over the place.

Wendigo
What was darkwater about

TheRing
Quoted from Imdb.com. Link

After winning a custody battle for her daughter Hitomi tries to make a new start. The apartment she moves into seems perfect at first. Soon though, strange things begin happening. Huge water stains appear on the ceiling and drip constantly, more liquid oozing into the rooms every day. She calls the landlord in but he refuses to do anything about it. A childs red bag shows up in odd places and soon the child herself starts appearing. Hitomi then discovers the origin of the ghost...

crickey77
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Dark Water too - that's the one with Jennifer Connelly right? I think I saw the trailer a while ago. Its got a pretty good cast, especially for a thriller/horror film.

xmeowx
i never seen this movie but i loved the reviews and the whole plot to it. it's called Marebito. has anyone one seen it?

faradayslaw
I saw Shutter, and agree that it's a great movie.

I also saw a Jap horror movie called "Kairo". It was more of a "make you think" type movie, but I liked it.

novice
Do you reccomend watching it?(the eye)

I wasn't pleased with "The Eye" as a horror movie. In terms of scare value, the only scene that got to me was when the old female patient approached the main charcter in the hospital.

But the storyline is intact.. i guess. hooray wink

Sorry MildPossession, thought the others might benefit from a second opinion as well. heheheh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.