Vs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
My money would be on Jet Li.

Cinemaddiction
Bruce Lee, as far as physical acting goes.

Brandon Lee, as far as range, although he only did 3 major movies.

Jet Li, as far as overall physicality, because "The One" was dope.

I'd say it's pretty even, acting wise. But in the way of the martial arts, Bruce Lee is unstoppable.

Juventus
Yeah!! No one could be like Bruce Lee rock

BakaXero
Bruce Lee cause his thoughts aboout fighting is more realistic and he has done alot to try to understard the art of fighting
Jet Li is good but you wouldn't use those type of moves if you were really fighting him
Brenden Lee is good but his father will always be better
BTW why didnt you include Jackie Chan, between him and Jet Li could be interesting and there are others who are just as equally good

total metalhead
Chow Yun Fat???

BakaXero
Ronni Yen,
he was in Shanghi Nights and The Hero (Jet Li)
pretty good fighter

Asami
I've heard of HK actor DONNIE Yen??

I'd have to say Jet Li, I grew up watching his HK flix first before he went US.

I've never seen any Brandon Lee movies, maybe about 10 minutes of The Crow.

Bruce Lee - great as a martial artist, I didn't really like his movies.

BakaXero
Donnie, Ronnie, i dont know his name but his good
i get confused some people have different names so im never sure
Like Hsu Chi or Sho Qi same person differnt name

LeAtHerRFace
Heres a Biography of Jet Li. From Yahoo.com
Jet Li was a real fighter in China!!:

Following closely on Jackie Chan's well-calloused heels as one of the most dazzling physical performers of the silver screen, Jet Li's lightning-fast moves, friendly sense of humor, and genuine concern for his fans have endeared him to a generation of international action-film lovers as one of the most respected figures in martial arts cinema. The youngest of five siblings (consisting of two brother and two sisters) whose father died when he was only two years old, one might say that the painfully honest momma's boy has, since reaching adulthood, slightly overcompensated for his admittedly over-protected childhood (the future daredevil didn't even learn how to ride a bicycle until in his early teens). Sent during summer recess to what is now referred to as the Beijing Sports and Exercise school, Li was fatefully assigned to the wushu class and was one of a mere handful of students asked to return when the season ended and students filed back into classrooms in the fall. An acceptionally adept wushu student despite being only eight years of age, the experience boosted the confidence of the shy youth despite urges to join his classmates in after-school play. Leaving home for the first time the following year to attend competition, Li took first place at the event and was concurrently given the honor of performing at the opening ceremony of the eagerly anticipated Pan-Asian-African-Latin American Table Tennis Championships, an honor which also included the youth receiving personal praise from none other than Premier Zhou Enlai. No longer required to attend conventional schooling, the young wonder was admitted to a rigorous sports school. Eventually remaining with a group that consisted of 20 of China's finest young wushu practitioners, the students were then put through another kind of training entirely -- this time of the Western etiquette persuasion -- for an extremely important goodwill tour of the United States. Despite a potentially embarrassing international incident in which the overly excited youngster expressed his excitement when he spotted what he thought was a Chinese airplane in Hawaii (the plane was actually Tawianese, an extremely sensitive and important distinction at the time) and travels with a heavily guarded entourage, the journey went fairly well and gave Li a newfound sense of independence. Winning the coveted All-China Youth Championships upon his return to China provided Li with his first national championship title, though it was only a prelude to a slew of awards to come including a bloodied performance at the qualifying round of China's National Games, during which Li accidentally cut his head with his saber (the determined youngster didn't even realize what had happened, assuming he was simply perspiring, until his form was nearly finished). Despite his serious injury, the 12-year-old Li went on to win first place in the National Games to the amazement of the enraptured crowd. Competing frequently in the following years and surviving a close brush with death in a faulty cargo plane (the passengers were literally given pads of paper to write out their wills), Li was later appointed to an official welcoming committee for American presidents due to his previous contributions to positive Sino-American relations. Later attempting to live up to his title of "All-Around Wushu Champion of China," the 16-year-old who many referred to as all capable decided to do all he could to live up to the title by internalizing his understanding of the wushu practice through philosophy. Operating on the basic principle of Taiji (similar to yin/yang in the balance/counterbalance theory), Li began an internal voyage that would be just as rewarding as the physical labors he had so diligently pursued. Breaking into the world of film with an exciting performance in 1979's Shaolin Temple, Li's screen presence was undeniable and ignited a boom in the kung-fu film industry during the 1980s. Though he took an unsuccessful attempt at directing a few short years later with Born to Defend (1986), his acting career continued to accelerate at high speed with such hits as the Once Upon a Time in China and the Fong Sai-Yuk series in the early '90s. Rising to remarkable celebrity status due to his charm and unmatchable moves, Li gained fans in both the young and old and continued to thrill Eastern moviegoers in increasingly awe-inspiring ways. A crossover to American films began with his role as the villain in Lethal Weapon 4 (1998) (a role originally offered to Chan but turned down due to his inclination never to play the bad guy), and continued with more likable roles in Romeo Must Die and Kiss of the Dragon (2000 and 2001 respectively). Li caused something of a sensation with the release of Kiss of the Dragon when he made a special plea to parents not to bring their children to the film due to the unusually (for Li) adult-oriented violence of the film. A request virtually unheard of in the Hollywood system, Li promised parents that they would soon be able to share his high-kicking escapades with their children with the decidedly more family friendly The One a few short months later. Soon after joining an impressive Chinese cast for Hero in 2002, Li would return to stateside screens alongside DMX in Cradle to the Grave (2003), a remake of the classic Fritz Lang film M (1931). ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

Asami
I've seen the documentary on Jet Li's life, its worth watching

Twin B!tch 1
Bruce Lee definatley yes

WindDancer
Oh I'm huge fan of Jet and Jackie, but no way they can be as good as Bruce Lee. Bruce was incredibly fast! All three are great Martial arts figthers, but Bruce is the man.

Now Jackie is great because his stunts are perform by himself. The man sacrificies his body to deliver entertainment for his fans! That's gotta deserve recognition! Jet is awesome in Once upon a time in China triology (first 3 not the latter ones) he does uses wires a lot to get his action scenes.

I like all three because each is unique in his style of fighting. All three of them are just awesome to watch.

eleveninches
Normally, I would put my money on Bruce Lee, but Jet Li has a unique advantage, due to the fact that he is the only one who is still alive.

andyF1
Im a fan of all of them

Bruce Lee is a fighter first and actor second, all the rest practised for display,
Bruce Lee is the best

I still find it quite sad that both bruce and brandon died so young just before reaching the big time

SaTsuJiN
I heard there were quite a few that were better than bruce lee, but he was the only one who made it to hollywood

andyF1
Hollywood didnt make him a good fighter.

VENOMfan
Jet li has masterd Bruce Lee's combat techniques and his own fighting stlye and about 10 other's, yet Bruce Lee was undoubtitley the master of the greatest form of martial art's.

there dead even if you ask me

WindDancer
I think that Jet has great respect for Bruce. In one of his films "Meltdown" he paid homeage to Bruce by wearing a yellow biker suit similar to the one in "The Game of Death". On a side note: QT did a similar homeage to Bruce in Kill Bill.

BakaXero
but jackie cheung (yes the name is right) was the one who was wearing the yellow jump suit in that movie most of the time jet only did when he had to be the stunt double for the movie they were making

Jackie chan on the other hand has met Bruce lee and he looks up to him
i remember him once saying (in chinese) "thank you brother Dragon" refering to bruce

forumcrew
if were talking fighting id bet my life savings bruce lee would tear them apart

SaTsuJiN
I didnt say that, so please dont put words in my mouth. I said he made it to hollywood, I didnt say they paid his tuition through an american school or something. Not to mention the poor man has died, which no longer makes him the best (a sad but cruel fact in the world of martial arts)

andyF1
I was just saying because he made it to hollywood, didnt make the best, he just was a good fighter.
He aslo died before enter the dragon ws released so he would not of known that he had become such an icon.

Even today bruce lee is number one in asia, when bruce died he became a legend and i think it will be along time before some one else comes along.
I think all these guys respect each other and especially bruce, he was so far a head of his time.

Evil Dead
I too would have to put my money on Jet Li.....

His expertise in martial arts leads me to believe he would have no trouble combatting two rotting corpses lying on the ground. I don't know......I could be wrong. There is always the possiblility of Jet tripping over what's left of Bruce's arm, hitting the ground and breaking his neck.

andyF1
mad

The Office (series 2)
Simon: "You know Bruce Lee's not really dead don't you? Yeah it's in a book - what he did was he faked his own death so that he could work undercover for the Hong Kong police infiltrating drugs gangs and The Triads"
Gareth: "Yeah I reckon that's true"
Tim: "Yeah I reckon that's true 'cos if you were gonna send someone undercover to investigate The Triads you'd probably want the world's most famous Chinese film star"

WindDancer
That's correct! As matter of fact Jackie appears in Enter The Dragon twice! His first apperance is during the chase of the girl, and the second is when Bruce is fighting with the nunchakus in the lower caves. Real cool scenes!! Jackie started as a stunt guy for villains in Bruce Lee movies.

andyF1
bruce breaks jackies kneck in enter the dragon

jackie was aslo stunt double in fist of fury

when jackie said thank you brother dragon, was that from city hunter?

BakaXero
no it was in a documentary i saw
and Jackie chan also stared in a sequel called "the new fist of fury"
and btw Evil dead Bruce is still a legend even if he is dead, you shouldnt disrepect the dead like that. Bruce's skills were great but his pilosophies on fighting is greater and that still lives on. thats why he is great.

Evil Dead
what disrespect?

The simple question asked in the first post of this thread is who would win.....Jet Li, Brandon Lee or Bruce Lee.

Since Brandon and Bruce Lee are both dead........isn't in only common sense that Jet Li would win?

BakaXero
you went on iabout corpse bashing

Evil Dead
oh really now.......here's my post:

where did I go on about anything? Me thinks you need to pay more attention to what you read.

eleveninches
Bruce Lee is more of an Icon, because he introduced kung fu to the western mainstream audience, and because he invented his own way of fighting (jeet kune do) . However, even in his own time, he was never the BEST matial artist. He was just a national icon and film star. Jet Li, however, is not as much of an Icon as Bruce Lee was, but has mastered a LOT of more fighting styles that Bruce did.
I think that in a real fight, Jet would almost certainly win.

pr1983
brandon lee wouldnt last 5 mins in this fight, as for bruce v jet, i gotta say bruce, jeet kune do is based on countering attacks and imo he's good enough to take jet li down, not easily, but i believe he'd win eventually.

BloomBabyGirl
i would definetly say bruce lee. his movies was aweosme and we all known brandon lee wasnt all that and jet li was overratted to me

Cinemaddiction
Jet Li's movies are more aesthetically pleasing, as is most wu xia, but Brandon was the better actor of the lot.

BloomBabyGirl
yes he was tghe best actor which led me to question if he was acting that he could fight adn i dunno jet li 's movies never made me interested

y_monkee
guess who i reckon will win whistle ........ look at my siggie

rather simple, Jet Li wouldn't even put up a fight against the Great one

fini
hmm, if the Lees were alive i would still put my money on Jet Li.

Bruce was good but not all that great. What made him great is the fact that he was the first true international martial arts star, and back then no one had anyone/thing else to compare him to. But so many other good martial artists have come out since then. ( and by the way Brandon cant even approach these two in skill)

Bruce Lee is the most famous( with Jackie in a CLOSE second, i knew of Jackie before i knew about Bruce Lee).

But as for Skill we could never tell.

Telperaca
1st: Bruce Lee
2nd: Jet Lee

dizzyblondegirl
WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE DUKE IT OUT
we've already had alien Vs predator
and jason Vs Freddy so what would you like to see

AvP
robocop vs predator
jaws vs free willy
star wars vs star trek

ragesRemorse
micheal j fox VS richard pryor

el barto
kane vs. undertaker

dizzyblondegirl
wicked

AvP
Stallone Vs Schwarzenegger

dizzyblondegirl
king kong Vs godzilla

dizzyblondegirl
judge dredd Vs Robocp

Jackie Malfoy
Sararon VS Lord Volemort!JM laughing thauron

dizzyblondegirl
nice one

AvP
Terminator vs I robot

RavenNightstar
I don't want to see it, but it's starting to be spread around that there will be a Terminator VS Robocop! I think Terminator will kick Robocop's @ss.

dizzyblondegirl
to bad arnold swarchneggar wont ne in it since he is now the governor of california

AvP
neo vs superman

dizzyblondegirl
batman vs superman

AvP
spiderman vs alien

dizzyblondegirl
Spiderman Vs The HULK

dizzyblondegirl
tron vs bill gates

el barto
simpsons vs. the griffins

nimbus006
William Wallace vs Maximus

dizzyblondegirl
power rangers Vs TRANSFORMERS

ragesRemorse
the muppets V.S the feebles

dizzyblondegirl
the muppets vs fraggle rock

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by dizzyblondegirl
king kong Vs godzilla

That has been done in one of the early King Kong/Godzilla movies. They duked it out in, naturally, a city. Godzilla scourged Kong halfway well done with his nasty fire-breath, and threw his hairy butt in to some suspended power lines. Miraculously, King Kong developed the ability to dish out electrical shocks because of that and he shook the lizard 'all night long'. 1-0 in favor of the ape.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by nimbus006
William Wallace vs Maximus

Interesting!! 2 of my favorite blade-swingers all time.

Pandemoniac
How about this: Beavis & Butthead Vs. Southpark??

- 'Uh-huhu-huuu, hey Butthead, this dude is really fat!'
- 'Hu-uhuhuh-hu, yeah, think he won the blue ribbon in last years pigcontest, huhuhu'
- 'Ey! Respect my f**kin authority, bunch 'o tree huggin hippies!!'

dizzyblondegirl
cool
homer vs bender

Pandemoniac
Aaaah, nice one! Technically, Bender is stronger, and equipped to be a better fighter (Bender The Offender). But Homer has access to some major Primal Rage, and he seems virtually immortal.
My guess is that Bender will slam Homer around the arena a bit doing some nice damage, till Homer gets super-pissed and scream something like 'You, you bastard son of a toaster and a prosthetic pair of legs!!!' (and some more foul language I'm not supposed to post here). And Homer will get seriously medieval on old Benders butt, risking some limbs in the progress but he will eventually turn him into one of his prized garden-sculptures.

Freddy Lover
Spongebob Squarepants vs. Hellraiser

dizzyblondegirl
are poor spongebob
hellboy Vs the hulk

Pandemoniac
Hulk smash Hellboy!! I like Hellboy, but he still could'nt make that 30 meter jump. Hulk hops from England to France if he wants to. Hellboy will be just another snack.

Pandemoniac
And oh yeah, Spongebob has Pinhead in the pocket! He just keeps on smiling no matter what you do to him. That will drive even Pinhead to suicidal tendencies. You don't have to be the one ahead during the race, just be the last man/sponge standing.

Pandemoniac
Here is one for the knowledgeable: Bullet-tooth Tony (Snatch) Vs. John Smith (Last man Standing). How's that for some western-style duelling?

Darth_Big_Boy
king kong Vs godzilla

That's already happened.

SlickRick69
Corey Haim vs Corey Feldman, in a no-holds barred death match...

Whoever loses, Humanity WINS!!!

SlickRick69
or, Tyler Durdan (from Fight Club) vs Mother Norma Bates (from Psycho)

it would surely be a psychological tour de force, a true battle of the minds...

Thoma5
Stone Cold vs Goldberg

AvP
blade vs victor (underworld)

dizzyblondegirl
selina (underworld) Vs Buffy

el barto_1
wierd all yancovic vs. cris rock

dizzyblondegirl
Stifler Vs Bender
In a slagging off match

AvP
Face Hugger vs spiders

dizzyblondegirl
genie vs wishmaster

AvP
T1000 vs TX

dizzyblondegirl
i dont even now what that is
superman vs mr incredible

tabby999
the Tx is a terminator.

the punisher Vs. rambo
you'd end up with possibly the greatest gun fight in movie history

dizzyblondegirl
gunsmilie
hysterical
the simpsons Vs the flintstones

Mighty Yoda
Yoda vs Neo

el barto_1
kane vs. batista

newmmz
howard the duck vs bruce campbell

el barto_1
www.killermovies.com vs. www.imdb.com

dizzyblondegirl
laughing

Donold Duck Vs Daffy Duck

immortal_sim
eowyn VS. arwen from LotR

dizzyblondegirl
Mickey Mouse Vs Bugs Bunny

Mighty Yoda
king kong vs Godzilla

dizzyblondegirl
we've done that already

Pandemoniac
Mickey Mouse Vs Bugs Bunny

Bugs would kick Mickey's ass in such an incredible fashion, I can't even start to imagine!

How about a beer-drinking contest between Homer Simpson and Al Bundy??

dizzyblondegirl
yep i could see that laughing

ChickinMeat
adam sandler VS ben stiller

Mighty Yoda
Conan vs He man

el barto_1
nintendo ds vs. psp

ChickinMeat
homer simpson VS peter griffin

Gryn Jabar
In a boxing match. Also compare and contrast the Rocky movie (1) with MDB.

el barto_1
wrestlemania vs. royal rumble

wazz
I would like to see every againest each other ex: Jeepers creepers vs alien vs the hulk vs spiderman vs terminator vs batman vs candyman vs ash vs jason vs freddy and so on! lolsmile

el barto_1
lol is definetly the word for it yes

Napalm
Hillary Clinton vs. Godzilla

el barto_1
laughing

norway vs. sweden

wazz
blade vs the punisher

Ketchuptome
New York City vs Compton

-Funky Punk-
lindsy vs. hilary

botankus
I would like to see a Michael Douglas / Jodie Foster vs. a villain couple in Robert DeNiro / Jessica Lange.

laydiiplayette
Who do you think would win in a battle between the Crazy 88's and the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad (From both Kill Bills) versus the Girls of Old Town (from Sin City)

Jackie Malfoy
I would like to see Lord Voldmort vs the Empire and see who would win.JM

el barto_1
or how about my best friend vs yours

Ketchuptome
Jim Carey vs Adam Sandler

iLoVeToMmYr64
jessica simpson vs. britney spears lol
doctor

dubefan
iron man vs war machine wrap our brains around that one

barand1
Superman vs the T-1000 or T-X from the Temrinator movies

dubefan
tx only becasue shes gotacctual guns in her arm

AragonIsKing
judge dredd Vs Robocp
Awesome!

AragonIsKing
Originally posted by laydiiplayette
Who do you think would win in a battle between the Crazy 88's and the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad (From both Kill Bills) versus the Girls of Old Town (from Sin City)
I dont know, but if Black Mamba (just one member of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad) could kill the entire crazy 88's, I doubt they'd win. But I'm not sure about the gun match between the Girls of Old Town and the DVAS. Probably the Girls because there's so many of them.

AragonIsKing
Originally posted by Mighty Yoda
Yoda vs Neo
Awesome!

dubefan
the boondock saints vs john travolta and sam jackson in pulp fiction????

dizzyblondegirl
yoda vs neo i would pay money to see that

dark1365
Terminator vs. Jason Voorhees.

dubefan
some one try and answer this, boondock saints vs, john travolta and sam jackson from pulp fiction

dizzyblondegirl
what about
jhonny knockville Vs Bam margera

sorry cant spell

dubefan
well knoxvile has proven time and time again that he really doesnt care what happenes to himself so i think knoxville would win just on shear insanity
now how about the boondock saints vs. john travolta and sam jackson in pulp fiction

el barto_1
the punisher vs. solo

SaTsuJiN
Miho from old town VS the smiley cannibal kid

dizzyblondegirl
cool
Homer simpsons Vs Cartman

Filmmaker451
Batman VS. darth vader Now that would be wicked rock

Indiana jones VS. james bond(Indy would kick bond's puny little ass LOL)

Harry potter vs. peterpan(Bring on the wakling's feud)

Superman vs. spiderman(two cheesy costumes battling for the cheesiness they believe in)

frodo VS. a rock( laughing )

darthdumbledore
I Love Marlon Brando But People Think Otherwise

Cinemaddiction
There's a Vs. thread at the top.

darthdumbledore
Steve McQueen Vs. Michael Cane

Filmmaker451
Gandalf the gray VS. dumbledore

It's the one and only... contest of the bearded homo sapiens cool

el barto_1
link vs. aragon

eleveninches
Star Wars vs Star Trek
South Park vs Simpsons
DC vs Marvel
JLA vs Avengers
JLA vs JSA

Filmmaker451
Superman Vs. wonderwoman

Robin hood VS. the three musketeers

Al gore VS. john kerry (It's the battle of the losers)

Osama bin laden VS. arafat

Princess diana VS. princess camilla... laughing laughing laughing

intercepting_fi
jet could take bruce. i dont care what u ***, bruce fanatics say. u need to open ur mind and stop sticking 2 the media bullshit. every1 think that bruce was the best and noon1 can compare. but jet would definitly win. he is superb

intercepting_fi
"Oh I'm huge fan of Jet and Jackie, but no way they can be as good as Bruce Lee. Bruce was incredibly fast! All three are great Martial arts figthers, but Bruce is the man."

my ass dude. jet li would kill bruce. i dont care what u **** say. open ur mind and stop stiking to the media bullshit. and understand the jet li is the man an could beat bruces ass

KidRock
Bruce Lee's fighting is overated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.