Britney as Daisy Duke??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dodge_Girl82
Ok, no way!! The rumor is that it's either her or Jessica Simpson!
Can we say flop? Those to are WAY to girly-girl to be Daisy. Some one like Sandra Bullock or the like would be perfect.
Can you see Britney or Jessica driving that Jeep?? Is it just me or is there something WAY WRONG with this picture?

vagaryatwill
Yeah, I agree. In fact, I think you hit it on the head with Sandra Bullock.

However, the thought of Jessica or Britney in short shorts isn't so bad. smile

botankus
They would fail miserably with the accent alone

Kes
Well this may sound like a dumb question but embarrasment who's Daisy Duke?

amity75
I must say that Angelina Jolie was BORN to play Daisy Duke.

vagaryatwill
Somebody wanna' help out with a picture??? big grin

Orlando Bloom03
Sure! Who is Dasy Duke...Do you mean Daisy Duck?

botankus
How about this

botankus
Or how about the one in the middle (and only female, I might add) on this?

Orlando Bloom03
Eww........Sorry I hate Brittny!

botankus
One more....

Orlando Bloom03
Please........stop...........

vagaryatwill
Sweet!

Kes
That looks familiar but I still dont know.What was the story?

However...
...I like the sound of that big grin

silver_tears
what does she do?

WindDancer
No that's not a good idea! I like Britney (I'm a not a fan of her music or movies) but she would be awful for that part!!!!

Jessica Simpson???? Even worse! For me the perfect woman to play Daisy Duke should be Carmen Electra!!!!

SlickRick69
Carmen Electra might be a good Daisy Duke... or how about Kristen Cloke? If you don't know her, she was the teacher from the first Final Destination (got killed by having her throat slit, then pulling the block of butcher knives down on top of her, being impaled thru the chest, then having the kitchen chair fall on her, driving the knife deeper, then catching the kitchen on fire... oh then the house blew up) or she was in that FOX TV series a few years back called Space: Above and Beyond, most folks won't remember that one either since it only lasted one season...

not Brittany or Jessica though, although either of those two could play the country hunnys that the Duke boys go a'courtin', or something of a lesser role like that... maybe alternate waitressess a the Boars Nest? that would be OK.

amity75
Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson would actually make a good Bo and Luke. In fact, just get Luke Wilson instead of Ben Stiller! Danny DeVito could play Boss Hogg and Jim Carrey could play Cleetus.

SlickRick69
Yeah Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson should go on a tear producing and directing and starring in all the next wave of TV-series-brought-to-big-screen epics...

They were Starskey and Hutch, they could be Bo and Luke Duke; then Ponch and John in the big screen CHiPs; Templeton 'Faceman' Peck and HM 'Howling Mad' Murdock as members of the A-Team: The Movie (with Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Smith, of course ( who else could play Hannibal? ), and Mr T reprising his role as BA Baracus (who else could be BA?)

-remake MASH for the big-screen (again, since there is also that trend going on) with Ben and Owen as Hawkeye and Trapper

-Knight Rider, with Ben as Michael Knight and Owen as Devon Miles... (and, with Michael Jackson as KITT, the car!) (Have you all heard about the movie Michael Jackson wants to make that involves his character being able to transform into a car and drive off into the sunset to avoid prosecution and persecution for being the freak that he is? )

-Quantum Leap, with Owen starring this time, as Dr Sam Beckett, and Ben supporting as Al, Sam's only guide on this journey, a hologram from the future...

-and, in their greatest acting stretch of all-time, in the greatest small-to-big-screen epic crossover remake of all time: Ben and Owen as Willis and Arnold Drummond, 2 inner city African American orphans taken in by a wealthy but lovable old white man and his drug-crazed hottie daughter Kimberly (once again portrayed by Carmen Electra!!) DIFFR'NT STROKES indeed!!

Corran
Angelina Jolie as Daisy now I'd never have thought of that, but it might work.

botankus
Too kind of answer your question, this site isn't too bad.

http://www.dukefarm.com/main.html

SlickRick69
As for the story of the Dukes. well set a spell, and let me see if I can reckon...

Back in the 80s, Friday nights was Must See TV night, and CBS was still the place to be, like their slogan these days... sure, there was DALLAS and FALCON CREST to round out the night and lead in to the news before bed, but before those great dramas, there were the DUKES OF HAZZARD!! YEEEEEEHAW!

Bo and Luke Duke (John Schneider and Tom Wopat), redneck cousins from Hazzard city, located in Hazzard county in the deep-deep deep south (deeper than that even), were born and raised in Hazzard, brought up into adulthood by their Uncle Jesse (Denver Pyle), a wise old reformed moonshiner. The Duke boys, along with their other cousin, Daisy (Catherine Bach), spent the dinner hour Friday nights racing thru the backwater hick town, straightening the curves, flattening the hills, in their super-duper customized candy apple red Dodge Charger, the General Lee, complete with roll-bars and reinforced interiors (for drag-racing, demolition derbies, as well as for conveniently jumping the ever-washed-out bridge over the ever-flowing creeks around the county) and blue Confederate Flag on the roof, and stenciled with '01' on each welded-shut-for-safety door. The Duke boys fought the good fight for redneck hicks everywhere, knowing full well that some day the mountains might get them, but the Law never will...

but, oh, how the Law did try!!

The commander in chief of Hazzard city and all of Hazzard County was mayor/governor/chief of police/head of all organized crime Boss Jefferson Davis 'JD' Hogg; and whatever higher office he didn't hold in the city or county was conveniently held by one of his strikingly lookalike cousins (all portrayed by the late, great Sorrell Booke in the TV series) The rest of the Hazzard PD included Sherriff Roscoe P Coltraine (Keew keew koo kooo!) (James Best) the hard-nosed hard-headed right hand of Boss Hogg, Deputy Enos Straight (Sonny Schroyer) the 'good seed' drowning in the sea of corruption that was Hazzard law enforcement( who was also not-so-secretly madly in lust with Daisy Duke) and, later, Roscoe and Boss Hogg's cousin, Deputy Cletus (Rick Hurst)...

Now, back in the good ol' day (before the good ol' days depicted by the series) JD Hogg and Jesse Duke were actually friends and partners in their moonshining business. Over the years though, they grew apart, Jesse stole Boss's woman, Boss stole Jesse's goat, and recipes for moonshine (you know how it goes in the South between women, goats and moonshine, all men are happy!!) So, once he got rich and powerful, Boss Hogg bought up all of Hazzard, he owned or at least controlled everything in the county, and ran the place with the tightly clenched iron fist of a red faced redneck dictator/emperor. Everything, that is, except the Duke Farm, the Duke family, and that car, the General Lee... And the General Lee never crashed, never missed a jump, rarely ever even failed to start, and if it ever did fail or fall on hard times at the mercy and tricks of Boss, Huey, Roscoe Cletus or Random Bad Guy of the week, and if the Duke boys themselves couldn't fix it or find the parts, there was always Cooter Davenport (Ben Johnson), head mechanic and owner of Cooter's Garage and Service in town, and friend to the Dukes, to lend a helping hand...

Boss Hogg and Sherriff Roscoe were related because Boss Hogg married Roscoe's sister, Lulu; Cousin Cletus came to Hazzard after Deputy Enos left to go to Los Angeles (for his failure of a spin-off ENOS)... when ENOS failed, Enos came back, but Cousin Cletus stayed on too... then there was Huey Hogg( Jeff Altman), Boss's nephew who was just as crooked but not as experienced and wise in the ways of evil trickery and treachery.

Oh, so the only thing that never changed was the core Duke family, you might think... you would be wrong... see, after like 5 seasons, the Duke boys wanted more money, but the network said NO, the CAR is the star, so Bo and Luke joined the NASCAR circuit and left Hazzard behind, conveniently leaving the General Lee behind as well, and leaving Jesse and Daisy to fend for themselves.... for about 5 whole minutes the next season before...

...long-lost and never-before-seen-heard-from-nor-mentioned cousins Coy (Byron Cherry) and Vance (Christopher Mayer) stopped in for a visit, just in time to help Uncle Jesse save the farm once more from the clutches of evil Boss Hogg!! Coy, Vance... Bo, Luke... they were the same characters, just changed the names, you might say... again, wrong! See, Bo had the yellow shirt, Luke had the blue plaid... but, COY (new-Bo) had the blue shirt and VANCE (new-Luke) had the yellow, so... so there!!

any way, after a season in hell with Coy and Vance in the drivers' seat of the real star, Bo and Luke came back, sent the other cousins packing and sucked it up for another season... unfortunately, since it had been 'proven' that the show was more than the car, the writers and producers went to greater efforts to showcase the car and the stunts became cartoonish to the point of lunacy, including one time when the General Lee jumped over A HOUSE!! (or was it just A BARN!?)

oh well, it was 8 or 10 years of hell-raising, hair-brained, redneck shenanigans, and a few more made-for-TV-movies to follow-up (who can forget the Dukes of Hazzard go to Hollywood? anyone? EVERYONE?!! sad confused embarrasment eek! )

and thats the story of the Dukes of Hazzard...

Just 2 good ol' boys
Never meaning no harm
Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the Law
Since the day they were born...

Straightening the curves
Flattening the hills
Someday the mountains might get 'em
But the Law never will

Makin' their way, the only way they know how
That's just a little bit more than the Law will allow...

Just 2 good ol' boys
Wouldn't change if they could
Fightin' the system like
2 modern-day Robin Hoods...

-THE BALLADEER (Waylon Jennings)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAWWW!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Evil Dead
I may not be remembering correctly.......but in the original pilot , didn't the story go something like this?

Bo used to be a race car driver.......that is why he has the Charger. He raced in Florida somewhere....for some reason he wasn't allowed to race anymore so he went back home to Hazzard Georgia. Bo and Luke ran moonshine and were caught and convicted........and are out on probation. That is why they are never allowed to carry fire arms....and are always in trouble. They are convicted felons out on probation.

I may be wrong but I could have sworn that story was told sometime.....either in the first episode or on a later episode via flashback. Ah well......it's been a long time.

Evil Dead
I think Brittany Spears could pull it off okay if they are going with a twenties cast......instead of the thirty year old characters from the original series.

Just dye her hair brown.......throw some short shorts on her. What do you mean she can't pull of the accent? She is from Louisiana. As deep as the deep south goes. Have you ever heard her TRUE speaking voice? She sounds like Elly May Clampet.........

The A-Team.........now there's a movie I would go see. I could see Jim Carrey as Mad Murdock........and ofcourse Mr. T would have to play B.A.........I don't quite know who they could cast as Face Man or Hannibal.

vagaryatwill
I love it! Who's gonna' play Rosco???

botankus
Sorry, never heard Britney speak before. Don't really have any desire to. I just assumed she was untalented enough to not be able to pull the accent off.

silver_tears
Is this movie to be just about Daisy?
Or all of them?

Dodge_Girl82
It's a movie about all of them.
I'm excited to see it, as long as Britney is not in it.
I'd have to agree with the person that said she's not talented enough.
I mean, it's Britney! Do we really want that skanky of a Daisy Duke? Daisy was cool. She was rough enough to do what she did. I can, in no way, imagine Britney pulling off (successfully) what Cathrine Bach pulled off. Cathrine was AWESOME!

Myth
I hate Sandra Bullock, I'd rather see Britney as Daisy than her.

Kes
sleep1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.