Twilight Zone: The Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
Most of you had to have seen this one. If not, watch it! It's great! John Lithgow and Dan Aykroyd are great in this.

If only it was on DVD.... sad

ragesRemorse
Are you serious, this movie isnt on DvD? Soul plane has a special edition two disc DvD, but twilight zone isnt even in circulation? WoW.

This is one of the best fantasy flicks out there. Every story is top notch. I remember when i was little, i can remember this being the only other movie that actually scared me, aside of red dawn. In the very beginning when ol danny boy is picked up as a hitch hiker and asks the guy if he wants to see somthing really scary. Man, i filled my pants on that one. also, the demon on the plane, that was a pshycological scare for me as a kid, and can still give me vivid shocks when i watch it alone late at night.

Do you remember amazing stories? that is a fav of mine to. I only see it bout once a year, whenever it's on sci fi or somthin. I htink i may be getting some stories mixed up with amazing stories and twilight zone. Twilight zone had. The story of the bigget who wakes up in wartime germany as a jew, the old people who find youth from playing kick the can, a boy who can manifest anything he imagines, and the terror at 20,000 feet right? I am always thinking that it has the story of the gunner in the world war two plane who is an artist, and the landing gear gets blown off, and he draws landing gear and it appears.

Darth_Big_Boy
Fantastic flick! I too wish they would release this on DVD....not sure why the hold up.

Wolfie
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Twilight zone had. The story of the bigget who wakes up in wartime germany as a jew, the old people who find youth from playing kick the can, a boy who can manifest anything he imagines, and the terror at 20,000 feet right? I am always thinking that it has the story of the gunner in the world war two plane who is an artist, and the landing gear gets blown off, and he draws landing gear and it appears.
Yep, that was Twilight Zone.

I loved the end of the terror at 20,000 feet one. John Lithgow is getting taken away in an ambulence and we see Dan Aykroyd is the driver. "Hey, do you wanna see something scary?" Then we catch the scared look on Lithgow's face as the Twilight Zone theme plays.

Wendigo
Originally posted by Darth_Big_Boy
Fantastic flick! I too wish they would release this on DVD....not sure why the hold up. smile

Darth Odious
I love that movie. All four stories are acutally remakes of the old episodes, and good ones too. The best one is with the kid who can wish anything in or out of existence. I wish they would make another one with some more remakes. But these days they'd most likely piss all over it. I remember Amazing Stories came out around that time and those were just as cool. The beginning of the movie was classic with those two guys in the middle of the desert, talking about old shows(like the Twilight Zone) God I love those old 80's movies.
"You wanna see something really scary?"

Evil Dead
meh.......it's decent for what it is. The little boy with godlike power story kind of kills it for me. I never could get into that one.

Morning_Glory
is this movie even scary? or is it suppose to be funny ...since Akroid is in it

Evil Dead
neither.........it's just, wierd. Haven't you ever watched a Twilight Zone episode? It's been airing non stop for over 40 years now. The Twilight Zone isn't scary, funny, anything............they are just 22 minute episodes based around wierd occurances. The movie is just a collection of 4 episodes shot to be packaged together as a film.

Morning_Glory
yea I have.. but not the movie

meets of evil
Damn i forgot about this movie. Really, why haven't they released it on DVD for mat, wtf mate?

faradayslaw
the Part with John Lithgow on the airplane is still one of my alltime fav's...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.