Green Lantern vs. Storm and Sue Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pr1983
Alright, i searched high and low but found nothing similar...

Now this is not strictly a VS thread, but its close...

I'm wondering:

If Green Lantern's (Pick any one you like) shield is around him...

Can Storm manipulate the Environment inside it?

Can Sue put one of her famed brain bubbles inside his head?

For the record my opinion is no for the first one and not sure about the second...

stormfront13
imo both can happen and the storms win

eleveninches
GL EASILY wins. He IS a cosmic level charachter. What good is the whether conrol going to do against someone like that

long pig
O-T whats a decent site to learn about GL?
DC isnt my forte but he sounds midly interesting.

Alpha Centauri
Depends what GL.

Most times GL though.

-AC

pr1983
so can i assume the answer is no to both questions?

Zahit
There is only one way this battle ends...................MENAGE A TROIS. eek! eek! eek!

Scoobless
ok, for arguments sake let's say it's Hal Jordan..... i say he could probably stop both

laydiiplayette
I still think that Sue can break through.

Wh4t3v3rPhr34k
Moi Deux!

pr1983
i disagree... i believe his shield can withstand any attempts at disruption by sue or strom...

Swanky-Tuna
Can Storm even directly affect a GL?

dael fishd evil
Eryn, you French Dorkette! I don't see what the problem with Jilliyun's theory is? Its logical, isn't it? My vote tis for Sue.

kgkg
exotic pictures

"I know you like THat"
Happy Dance thumb up rock

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Can Storm even directly affect a GL?

we're wondering whether storm can affect the environment inside his shield...

DrDoom
I think neither of them can.

A GL's shield is as strong as his will, and Hal Jordan has a straong ass will.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by pr1983
we're wondering whether storm can affect the environment inside his shield... What environment? There's not much of anything to manipulate in there.

Scoobless
so how does he breath?

pr1983
Originally posted by DrDoom
I think neither of them can.

A GL's shield is as strong as his will, and Hal Jordan has a straong ass will.

i agree...

What environment? There's not much of anything to manipulate in there.

my point exactly...

just to let people know, the reason this thread was created due to a debate going on the battle of the sexes thread...

besides the air itself there is nothing...

dael fishd evil
Originally posted by Scoobless
so how does he breath?

exactly what stormfront kept asking in the sexes thread.

pr1983
besides the air itself there is nothing...

laydiiplayette
Wow, how lame.

pr1983
in what way? its just air...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
so how does he breath? The GL is sustained by the ring's aura. I believe it even keeps the GL alive if they happen to be fatally wounded.

Scoobless
i think the ring creates the air as he goes, no environment, just constantly created ring-air.......... how else would he survive long space journeys?

pr1983
The GL is sustained by the ring's aura. I believe it even keeps the GL alive if they happen to be fatally wounded.

well he needs to sustain two others inside his shield, thats part of the debate, so oxygen is required, unless he can extend that aura around others, can he?

Scoobless
he can........... i've seen him use the ring to protect people in space and underwater

dael fishd evil
I thought that was just one big shield/bubble thing.

Swanky-Tuna
Man, if I had a GL ring I'd save so much money on food and water bills.

I'm not sure what the deal is with doing things like bubble-in-the-brain within the GL shield. You'd have to find a GL fan to let you know if that works.

DarkCrawler
Storm can't do nothing to Hal and Hal can defeat Sue pretty fast.

Storms lose.

stormfront13
if there is an enviroment in there which there is then she can affect it. i can't remember whose it was but there was on;y air in there and she KO'd him. whats to stop her from doing it again.

Scoobless
there isn't an environment inside the ringfield, it's completely skintight and gives him whatever oxygen he needs as he goes

stormfront13
in batle of sexes he can't make it skin tight and storm has dealt w/ skin tight fields(unus the untouchable)

Scoobless
what did she do to "deal with" a skin tight field before? and why can't he make his permanently skintight field skintight?

stormfront13
because cars are made of steel and i have read on websites and seen in the comics that he cannot touch steel or do anything w/ it so i don't think he should be able ot do this anyway. and w/ storm she just created lightning in there and literally forced him out of his own shield

pr1983
Originally posted by stormfront13
if there is an enviroment in there which there is then she can affect it. i can't remember whose it was but there was on;y air in there and she KO'd him. whats to stop her from doing it again.

because cars are made of steel and i have read on websites and seen in the comics that he cannot touch steel or do anything w/ it so i don't think he should be able ot do this anyway. and w/ storm she just created lightning in there and literally forced him out of his own shield

told you already, formula one cars are made of carbon fibre, not steel...

he could make it skintight if he wished...

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Storm can't do nothing to Hal and Hal can defeat Sue pretty fast.

Storms lose.

yes

stormfront13
isn't that up to lady what the cars are made of and she doesn't psionically attack anyone

pr1983
isn't that up to lady what the cars are made of and she doesn't psionically attack anyone

its a grand prix race, unless ladi wants to alter the laws of physics they're carbon fibre...

she psionically controls the weather...

stormfront13
yeah bbut she doesn't psionically attack anyone

Scoobless
she would still have to get a "psionic message" through the shield to affect any potential atmosphere it contained and, even though it doesn't matter as there is no atmosphere, GL shields have proven to block psionics

pr1983
yeah bbut she doesn't psionically attack anyone

you are too dumb for words... or deaf...

read my f*cking posts...

stormfront13
she isnot a telepath!!! i get what your saying but it makes no difference, if so then she'd most likely be able to read minds and crap like that. she's fought people who are immune to psionic attack, and gotten through forcefields that can prevent psionic attack. she psionically attacks no one.

Swanky-Tuna
How do you think she commands the weather?

stormfront13
it might be a psionic attackbut that doesn't mean anything. psionic deals w/ telepathy and tk snd storm has neither

pr1983
she isnot a telepath!!! i get what your saying but it makes no difference, if so then she'd most likely be able to read minds and crap like that. she's fought people who are immune to psionic attack, and gotten through forcefields that can prevent psionic attack. she psionically attacks no one.

it might be a psionic attackbut that doesn't mean anything. psionic deals w/ telepathy and tk snd storm has neither

you arent listening... her relationship with the weather is psionic i.e. telepathic... she makes contact with the weather they way jean or emma makes contact with other people...

his shield stops psionic signals from moving through his shield, therefore she cannot control the environment inside...

is that simple enough for you?

stormfront13
then why has she gotten through psionic blocking shields before?? they aren't that hard for her to get through

pr1983
then why has she gotten through psionic blocking shields before?? they aren't that hard for her to get through

you are kidding me... green lantern is a cosmic level being, his shields have withstood blasts that would kill most people...

Storm is not getting through, period...

stormfront13
she's not attacking his shields she is directley attacking him- which she MIGHT be able to get in. this still doesn't change the fact tyat sue can most likely get in

pr1983
she's not attacking his shields she is directley attacking him- which she MIGHT be able to get in. this still doesn't change the fact tyat sue can most likely get in

her psionic signal cant penetrate the shield... period...

he is inside the shield, as is his brain... if sue can penetrate the shield, then she can take him... IF

stormfront13
idk unless he has his shields up thww whole time i think they can win

Superherovandal
you think Storm will beat someone who can literally do almost anything he imagines. I don't think so. Plus he has one of the strongest wills in DC along with Superman and Batman.

stormfront13
i never said that she could beat him i said that she could get through his shield. and storm has one of the strongest wills in the marvel universe- she can block emma frost, jean grey, rachel grey, and at some times xavier

Superherovandal
she has nuthin compared to GL. NO way she getting through the shield unless he wants her to which I doubt.

pr1983

his shield will most likely be up... the whole time...

i never said that she could beat him i said that she could get through his shield. and storm has one of the strongest wills in the marvel universe- she can block emma frost, jean grey, rachel grey, and at some times xavier

does she have the most powerful weapon in the universe? no...

she can only block them until they make a decent effort...

Originally posted by Superherovandal
she has nuthin compared to GL. NO way she getting through the shield unless he wants her to which I doubt.

yes

DarkCrawler

The shield are on automatically.

Hal wins this easily.

DarkCrawler

She can't get through his shield.

And Hal has stronger will then Batman and Superman. Your turn.

DarkCrawler
Btw, are we discussing about Hal? Not that it matters, any Earth GL with the possible exception of Gardner can take them out.

Swanky-Tuna
GL and his shield are like Hulk and Smash. Cyclops and telepathic women. Iceman and being made of ice. Juggernaut and taking a full blast from LT then getting beat when he steps on a nail. Tenacles and hentai. Cookies and milk. Batman and prep time. GL and his shield. Jean and phoenix. Bill & Ted. Ninjas and cool. I could go on forever.

eleveninches
Hal could easily beat the 2 marvel ho's.
He's he mac daddy of the DC universe.

BootlegBoys420
I Think Hal Would Just Seduce Sue (Shes Pretty Hot) Then Ask Sue To Bubble Storms Brain... Fight Over... We All Know Sues Easy... Come On... She Cheated On Reed With King Fishy Guy LOL

Scoobless
GL and his shield are like Hulk and Smash. Cyclops and telepathic women. Iceman and being made of ice. Juggernaut and taking a full blast from LT then getting beat when he steps on a nail. Tenacles and hentai. Cookies and milk. Batman and prep time. GL and his shield. Jean and phoenix. Bill & Ted. Ninjas and cool. I could go on forever.

swanky and blah........ big grin

Swanky-Tuna
Scoobless and edible underwear

demigawd
If GL's shield can block psionic messaging, then Storm or Sue can't get through. But...he's telepathically communicated with MM before through his shield, plenty of times. That means that his shields aren't psionically protected by default - he'd have to KNOW that Storm's ability to control atmosphere is psionic and then specifically build a shield to block psionics. Otherwise he's just going to see her as some weather chick.

Scoobless
Scoobless and edible underwear

they are clothes AND food....... you can't beat a bargain like that

http://www.beaublue.co.uk/images/M_3518.jpg

LOL .............. laughing out loud Happy Dance

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by demigawd
If GL's shield can block psionic messaging, then Storm or Sue can't get through. But...he's telepathically communicated with MM before through his shield, plenty of times. That means that his shields aren't psionically protected by default - he'd have to KNOW that Storm's ability to control atmosphere is psionic and then specifically build a shield to block psionics. Otherwise he's just going to see her as some weather chick. But then again, if he's getting into a fight with somebody he doesn't know it'd be pretty silly of him to shield himself against everything but telepaths.

The sentience of the ring makes things a bit more confusing.

demigawd
Well, it's probably a bit like when Sue puts her shield up. It may be possible to also block sound, but she'd have to specifically, I dunno, THINK to do it or something. That's the only explanation for why she was able to block Klaw's sound attack at one point, but at another was penetrated and knocked out by Songbird's sound attack. I don't know if GL would block telepathy at the outset...and battleboard stips state that the opponents know basic info about each other. That means that GL knows that Storm controls the weather, but the fact that she does so psionically is a theory and thus wouldn't know that.

Eh...who knows? If he does it, she can't get through. If he doesn't, she can.

I wonder if Sue could create things inside a GL forcefield.

Tron
Originally posted by long pig
O-T whats a decent site to learn about GL?
DC isnt my forte but he sounds midly interesting.

Here ya go:

http://glcorps.dcuguide.com/book2.php

jrodslam
Im not sure if its been mentioned already, but if GL were to just incase Storm in a bubble that would take her out because of her claustraphobia(sp?). Unless she had gotten over her fear, that would leave him and Sue to go at it. Heres where it gets tricky kinda. I think that any GL is well trained in the ring. Sue would be creating force fields aroud herself as well as trying to attack GL with all she got. I think that its too much of a strain on her. Like someone mentioned before, GL's powers are on a cosmic lvl. Without the help of Storm Sue gets drained and GL takes the win.

Draco69
One giant Plasma Cannon and the fight's finished. Sue is the only one who would be a problem.

Draco69
There is no atmosphere in the green field for Storm to manipulate either. The ring generates it through his skin.

2damnloud
Originally posted by demigawd
Well, it's probably a bit like when Sue puts her shield up. It may be possible to also block sound, but she'd have to specifically, I dunno, THINK to do it or something. That's the only explanation for why she was able to block Klaw's sound attack at one point, but at another was penetrated and knocked out by Songbird's sound attack. I don't know if GL would block telepathy at the outset...and battleboard stips state that the opponents know basic info about each other. That means that GL knows that Storm controls the weather, but the fact that she does so psionically is a theory and thus wouldn't know that.

Eh...who knows? If he does it, she can't get through. If he doesn't, she can.

I wonder if Sue could create things inside a GL forcefield.

http://img190.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-21650/loc184/66129_Uncanny_X-Men_Annual_405_Page_33_122_184lo.jpg

2damnloud
Storm and Sue FTW.

2damnloud
Storm can work her powers THROUGH Magneto's forcefields.

As we can see, Magneto can take an optic blast and a class 100 strength punch from Colossus with his Shields.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01812rq9.jpg

But here we see Storm SLICING and ripping right through him to the BONE WITH HIS SHIELDS UP almost Killing him, all while HOLDING BACK.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01813mq3.jpg

Again we see his shields holding up to a full Blast from PHOENIX who is semi-bloodlusted.

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shield3hp5.jpg

Whereas here we see Ororo taxing his shield unto certain death until he uses Colossus as a weapon. He even says how much it strained his "magnetic powers"(his SHIELDS)

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto1vm.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto26nv.jpg

Also note that given Storm's nature, she was likely holding back here as well.

Poeple often cite Magneto as one of the smartest Supervillains-- a literal GENIUS.

Why would he drop his shields with Nightcrawler and Colossus directly behind him??

It should be also noted that Storm's powers taxed him unto death, while his shields held up to Cyclops, Colossus, Night Crawler and even Phoenix- possesed Jean.

Juntai
GL wins.

leonidas
storm could be bfr'd in less than a second. (not that it would be required) sue would be a little tougher, though she could be bfr'd just as easily.

gl 10/10 -- bloodlusted -- 15/10

Badabing
Lantern ftw.

Val
LMAO @ thread

leonidas
yeah, i was sorta thinking the same thing . . .

and happy holidays ya big lug. big grin

Val
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i was sorta thinking the same thing . . .

and happy holidays ya big lug. big grin
hug

leonidas
love

iceman24567
Originally posted by 2damnloud

As we can see, Magneto can take an optic blast and a class 100 strength punch from Colossus with his Shields.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen01812rq9.jpg

But here we see Storm SLICING and ripping right through him to the BONE WITH HIS SHIELDS UP almost Killing him, all while HOLDING BACK.

Again we see his shields holding up to a full Blast from PHOENIX who is semi-bloodlusted.

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shield3hp5.jpg

Whereas here we see Ororo taxing his shield unto certain death until he uses Colossus as a weapon. He even says how much it strained his "magnetic powers"(his SHIELDS)

http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto1vm.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandmagneto26nv.jpg

Also note that given Storm's nature, she was likely holding back here as well.

Poeple often cite Magneto as one of the smartest Supervillains-- a literal GENIUS.

Why would he drop his shields with Nightcrawler and Colossus directly behind him??

It should be also noted that Storm's powers taxed him unto death, while his shields held up to Cyclops, Colossus, Night Crawler and even Phoenix- possesed Jean. Hal's shield >> Magnetos shield Storm gets koed then Sue runs home.

2damnloud
Originally posted by iceman24567
Hal's shield >> Magnetos

Maybe......maybe not.

Let's see some scans.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Endless Mike
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Green%20Lantern/halshield.jpg Hals Shield would hold up to anything Storm can dish out.

Tazer
Yo.

It should be also noted that Storm's powers taxed him unto death, while his shields held up to Cyclops, Colossus, Night Crawler and even Phoenix- possesed Jean.

U most not have realized that he was feeling the COLD ripping & slicing thru him, and not some decidedly more tangible object.......

IOW she didnt really get thru his shield, the way yur implying it.

and as for the matchup in this thread: 1) GL can block psionic atks (rarely used but have always been successfully done; Gardner was the most recent GL to have done so)

2) the Rings encase their bearer in an environmental field, so breathing and other life-function remain protected

3) if the GL really wanted to, they could simply take over Sue & Ororos mind (or even heir CLOTHING) and make them fight *each other* (yes, both have been done.)

so in short, a GL takes the majority here

Tazer

rougeredmage
you said any greeen lantern ?

simple i decide to pick Mogo for this battle.
mogo is a planet i dont think susan storm could scrach him as i dont think she had that kind of strengh

i am not sure that storm could use her weather manipulation powers to effect mogo in any series way consdering mogo is able to adapt his own enviroment to suit anyone that is on his surface. thus he could easily manipulate his own weather and gravity against the offenders without even useing his green lantern powers if he so wished

Doctor-Alvis
Wow.

For one, guys, this isn't even a battle thread. Pr was doing some consulting for a tournament, I think that's what the battle of the sexes thing was, almost 3 years ago.

Second, what it was bumped with looks like some unadulterated trolling.

NiņoAraņa
When's 2Damn gonna get banned anyhow?

2damnloud
Hals Shield would hold up to anything Storm can dish out.

It's not about that.

It's about manipulating the atmosphere INSIDE.

As I recall, his shield has faltered from a few punches from Supes.

Storm's winds can level mountains and Sue can crack Celecstial armor.

iceman24567
It's not about that.

Storm's winds can level mountains and Sue can crack Celecstial armor. Well if it about that why are you telling me what their powers are capable of in terms of strength? Like i said Hals shield with stands planet sized explosions. Planet >>>>>>>>mountains.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Tazer

U most not have realized that he was feeling the COLD ripping & slicing thru him, and not some decidedly more tangible object.......

Did I say anything different??

IOW she didnt really get thru his shield, the way yur implying it.

What exactly am I implying, specifically?

and as for the matchup in this thread: 1) GL can block psionic atks (rarely used but have always been successfully done; Gardner was the most recent GL to have done so)

From a telepath or a weather manipulator with a vaguely defined psionic method of weather maipulation?

Yo.

2) the Rings encase their bearer in an environmental field, so breathing and other life-function remain protected

Tazer

I wanna see this on a panel.

And protected from outside harsh conditons or protected from someone screwing with the enviroment inside the field?

3) if the GL really wanted to, they could simply take over Sue & Ororos mind (or even heir CLOTHING) and make them fight *each other* (yes, both have been done.)

so in short, a GL takes the majority here

Tazer

And they would let this happen because.......?

2damnloud
Well if it about that why are you telling me what their powers are capable of in terms of strength? Like i said Hals shield with stands planet sized explosions. Planet >>>>>>>>mountains.

Because you showed a high end showing of an outside attack as if it were the average.

I just know that his shield has been broken by less.

It's not about an outside attack anyway, but Storm manipulating whatever enviroment that is inside his shield.

Can she do it?

iceman24567
Because you showed a high end showing of an outside attack as if it were the average.

I just know that his shield has been broken by less.

It's not about an outside attack anyway, but Storm manipulating whatever enviroment that is inside his shield.

Can she do it? It is the average Gl's shields are more durable than Magnetos they survive Planet sized explosions black holes it is average for them. go look in the respect thread.

Inhuman
Storm calls forth a cosmic tornado that wipes out the universe.

Mr. Slippyfist

Tazer
Yo.

It's not about that.

fine, but that hasnt been established as being possible on *her end* yet, and his personal shields arent likely to be affect by her anyways.

his big offensive ones sure, but this is different.

when did Storm level a mountain by using winds alone??

and as for Sue that feat was only possible due to the nature of her power, rather than the STR of it.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Did I say anything different??

U saying "Storm can work her powers thru his shields", and then mentioning how they were "SLICING and ripping right through him to the BONE WITH HIS SHIELDS UP almost Killing him, all while HOLDING BACK.", comes off misleading since his shields are typically used to repel FORCE & negate taking dmg.

this is like saying he'll still get wet even tho he has his shields up......while taking a shower.

What exactly am I implying, specifically?

that "Storm can work her powers THROUGH Magneto's forcefields."

From a telepath or a weather manipulator with a vaguely defined psionic method of weather maipulation?

a telepath, and an Xavier-lvl telepath at that.

I wanna see this on a panel.

And protected from outside harsh conditons or protected from someone screwing with the enviroment inside the field?

U can read almost any ish of GL to see that, but its a bit more explicit in GL v4 #13 (pg. 21 IIRC), as Guy is submitting himself for punishment to Salaak, who gives him "Prime duty".

amongst all of the "donts" hes given (like *sleeping*), he's also told: "your Ring will provide all the necessary nutrients and dispose of any waste you may export.", and THATS all while he's circling in close proximity to a red SUN.

and he had to do that for ONE MONTH. straight.

And they would let this happen because.......?

how do U propose they could *stop* them?? while I'll grants ya seeing as how their abilities R both psionic, screwing w/their costumes would be a nuisance (and likely temporary) at best, but *neither* of them have the mental fortitude to fight off the will of a GL who's intent on taking over their mind.

I know Storm has gone thru training by Prof X to strengthen her mental defenses, but that *might* only slow a GL in the task; I seriously doubt it would prevent them.

Tazer

2damnloud

U saying "Storm can work her powers thru his shields", and then mentioning how they were "SLICING and ripping right through him to the BONE WITH HIS SHIELDS UP almost Killing him, all while HOLDING BACK.", comes off misleading since his shields are typically used to repel FORCE & negate taking dmg.

this is like saying he'll still get wet even tho he has his shields up......while taking a shower.

Typically does not equal always.

Her winds are a force. Wind-driven cold(Windchill).

Point being, his shield did not curtail her affecting the atmosphere inside by her using a blizzard of undefined strength from the outside. Mind you, she was holding back.

Or perhaps his shield is useless against the nature of her powers.

And she did.

Not psionic weather manipulation.

Circumstantial evidence.

How does this relate the Storm being able(or not being able) to create a storm in there?

She has taken over sentient elemental beings--Stardust (who's a Herald) and Hydroman.

laughing out loud

Her mind and spirit are are strong enough to hand an Abstarct beings essence.

A few times Xavier couldn't even get in if she didn't want.

You underrate her.

Symmetric Chaos
Actually why shouldn't Storm's powers work through a shield? If she can control the weather outside when she's inside how is it really different from controlling the weather inside a shield?

2damnloud
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Actually why shouldn't Storm's powers work through a shield? If she can control the weather outside when she's inside how is it really different from controlling the weather inside a shield?

Cuuuuuuuz, GL shields block psioncs........from TELEPATHS and Sue's shield does the same, given she, ya know, "adjust it". eek!

It's long been established that Storm is a Telepath of sorts and she psionically communicates with the weatherman(the sentient being that really controls the weather), so therfore GL can block her.

This also illustrates how she doesn't have direct control over the forces of nature because it's really the weatheman doing all the work.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tazer
Yo.

Typically does not equal always.

no, but it does mean more often than not, or greater than 50% of a chance.

Her winds are a force. Wind-driven cold(Windchill)

but we didnt see him pushed bacy by those winds, we just saw him reacting to the cold; the fact that 1 of the panels talk about "a lesser man wouldve been battered unconscious in seconds" or somesuch tells us that he weathered part of it via shield fine, but since that move had a dual-element to it THATS wat got him.

and again, thats not going to do a lick to a GL, whose shields have withstood freezing temps of the void of deep space and worse.

Point being, his shield did not curtail her affecting the atmosphere inside by her using a blizzard of undefined strength from the outside. Mind you, she was holding back.

Or perhaps his shield is useless against the nature of her powers.

EXACTLY. I bet he could prolly withstand an l-bolt flung at him, but that change in temperature isnt something his shields R designed to handle.

if she had called down a rainstorm, Mags *wouldve* gotten wet, if U catch my drift?

And she did.

not entirely.

Not psionic weather manipulation.

Circumstantial evidence.

but I didnt claim they would block that; I *specified* wat I was talking about.

and wat do U mean circumstancial evidence??

How does this relate the Storm being able(or not being able) to create a storm in there?

the only was Storm is gonna affect a GL is if his field is down; if that field is up her cold, wind, nor ever her lightning -effects is gonna to squat to them since GL-fields have weathered them ALL and come thru w/no prob.

they can handle a sun-dive, they can handle anything *shes* got.

She has taken over sentient elemental beings--Stardust (who's a Herald) and Hydroman.

U mean shes used them for a weather effect?? no THAT sounds funny.....

Her mind and spirit are are strong enough to hand an Abstarct beings essence.

A few times Xavier couldn't even get in if she didn't want.

You underrate her.

maybe so, but I know I wouldnt bet money on her mind resisting a GL mind-probe.

Tazer

basilisk
It's not about that.

Sue's powers are specifically keyed to the same hyperspace power of the Celestials and that's the reason why she was able to break the armor, as was clearly stated in the story (which was PIS filled and best forgotten anyway).

Does Magneto's shield even block psionics? I thought his will power, his helmet, and his own latent psionic powers were responsible for a lot of that? Anyway that's another topic...

Storm didn't directly break his shields in that scan, he felt the cold - which would not affect a GL anyway since they deal with temperatures far hotter/colder than anything generated by earth weather. Plus unlike GL shields, his magnetic shields can't provide a self-sustaining totally independent environment. Nor can Unus'. Mags and Unus have to maintain some contact with the outside to survive beyond a short period and that is the weak point.

As for GL communicating with MM telepathically I assume he just wills his shield to allow it, analogous to blocking one radio frequency but not others.

I think (as so many have already stated) this comes down to the fact that in order for Storm or Sue to affect a GL through the shields, SOME sort of force/energy has to get through the shield to cause an effect, otherwise nothing happens.

In Storm's case I'm fairly sure this is psionics, which GL can definitely stop. And Since GL shields have been shown to block planetary & supernova explosions and protect them from the extreme conditions encountered in space, the physical effect of any earth weather won't be a problem. GL can fly through any effect she throws up and the ring can track her and affect her through it also. And he's a lot faster. I think Storm is a non-factor here.

As for Sue, the hyperspace thing is a bit of an unknown (if in fact that whole storyline still even applies - the forcefield has also been called an extension of willpower IIRC). I have no doubt GL's as cosmic level beings could deal with this with prep - but would the average shield stop it? Maybe.

I'm going to go with any non-rookie & competent GL for the win here. Rookie GL's would lose a few.

Symmetric Chaos

Bumping for a less dickish response.

2damnloud
Bumping for a less dickish response.

Oh, you weren't being sarcastic? confused

2damnloud
I found out that winds cab reach the speed of sound on Earth, though not "expected" by scientist.An-- F6-F12 Tornado.

Storm can create vortexes greater than this.

Tazer
Yo.

how does that applie here tho??

Tazer

Capt Spaulding
Storm kills both of em, then rapes the Green Lantern

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
Storm kills both of em, then rapes the Green Lantern

With her enormous wang! eek!

note to self: get rid of the mental image and then delete all the futa from my hard drive

Capt Spaulding
With her enormous wang! eek!

note to self: get rid of the mental image and then delete all the futa from my hard drive

just pm it all to trickster haermm or llagrok shocklaugh

Symm, you should totally get MSN 313

2damnloud
Yo.

how does that applie here tho??

Tazer

They always limit her winds to something like 318(F5 on the Fujita scale). But Fujita's scale goes to F12 somewhere from the speed of sound to 900 mph.

Really the fujita scale is a measure of how much destruction can be accomplished with an estimated wind speed. 318 is estimated as all you need for most all buildings to be destroyed.

Winds past that would be redundant as far as destruction that's why it stops at F5.

Really, any wind speed can exist on Earth, all you need are the right conditions. Storm can create those conditons. evil face

Mr. Slippyfist
A few storms are going to stop a GL... imagine that...

Badabing

Really, any wind speed can exist on Earth, all you need are the right conditions. Storm can create those conditons. evil face Just about anything can happen with the "right conditions". Theory and conjecture aren't proof. Show some on panel evidence of Storm and these theoretical winds or any point you make is invalid in regards to said winds.

2damnloud
INSIDE his shield.whistle

That was the subject of this thread.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Badabing
Just about anything can happen with the "right conditions". Theory and conjecture aren't proof. Show some on panel evidence of Storm and these theoretical winds or any point you make is invalid in regards to said winds.

Argument from ignorance fallacy.

smile

2damnloud
Also double-standard fallacy since "theory" and "conjecture" are always used in HYPOTHETICAL battles on this board.

Mr. Slippyfist

That was the subject of this thread. Which is going to do... what exactly? He's flown in space, he's got hit by things more powerful than lightning without his shield. That's not even counting armor, and him actually fighting back... and moving around... no expression

2damnloud
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Which is going to do... what exactly? He's flown in space, he's got hit by things more powerful than lightning without his shield. That's not even counting armor, and him actually fighting back... and moving around... no expression

I've read his respect thread.

All attacks from the OUTSIDE.

Mr. Slippyfist

All attacks from the OUTSIDE. Um... what?

Also, if you're talking about his green glow... do you honestly think atmosphere is going to work within skin tight areas?

Badabing
Argument from ignorance fallacy.

smile I'm not Cresh......save it for him.Originally posted by 2damnloud
Also double-standard fallacy since "theory" and "conjecture" are always used in HYPOTHETICAL battles on this board. Hypothetical battles backed by ON panel showings, not a hypothetical battle based on theoretical possibilities. Read the rules.

Stay within the rules and use on panel, canon proof. Subjective bias and conjecture concerning a character's potential is not valid proof.

End of discussion. wink

Superherovandal
Seriously GL's shields have held Hector Hammond's psionic powers at bay. and Hammond has managed to contact GL without his ring in Oa from earth when in prison. That shows how powerful Hector is.

2damnloud
I'm not Cresh......save it for him. Hypothetical battles backed by ON panel showings, not a hypothetical battle based on theoretical possibilities. Read the rules.

Cresh has no baring on whether your logic is faulty or not.yes

And hypothetical means:
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/hypothetical

See that "C" word? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hypothetical= CONJECTURAL.

Stay within the rules and use on panel, canon proof. Subjective bias and conjecture concerning a character's potential is not valid proof.

End of discussion. wink

Nope, not the end of anything. smile

Her bio, for which the notion of her maximum winds is bult on, states that she can create weather as it naturally exist.

Winds higher than 318 mph can natually exist, therfore she can create them.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Um... what?

Also, if you're talking about his green glow... do you honestly think atmosphere is going to work within skin tight areas?

Electrons are quite petite. smile

Bouboumaster
Green Lantern and Sue do a contest to know wich of the two can kill first Storm, 'cause we are so tired of here.

2damnloud
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Green Lantern and Sue do a contest to know wich of the two can kill first Storm, 'cause we are so tired of here.

dur@your spelling.

h1a8
Sue makes GL's eyes invisible so that he can't see anything.
Then Sue creates a bubble inside his heart and expands it to burst.
Storm is a non factor here.

As for the beginning question:
No! Storm can do anything to a GL's shield neither can she do anything inside it as well. Magneto needs air to breath. So his shields allows air, light, and anything else he might need. That is why Storm can affect him while he has a shield up. GL's shields block everything (even air). So storm can't do anything here.

Yes! Sue on the other hand can make her bubbles appear anywhere in space (something like instant teleportation). So she can definitely affect a GL from the inside. She can also make his eyes invisible as I said already. She can make the power that is protruding from his ring invisible as well (so he won't know what he's doing and where he is aiming at).

This may be a bad attempt to find a way for the team to win. I admit I know little about GLs. Prehaps this is a no contest for certain GLs (or easy win for any GL). Maybe this is even spite in favor of the GL. I need to do some research on this. In conclusion, I'm undecided.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by h1a8

As for the beginning question:
No! Storm can do anything to a GL's shield neither can she do anything inside it as well. Magneto needs air to breath. So his shields allows air, light, and anything else he might need. That is why Storm can affect him while he has a shield up. GL's shields block everything (even air). So storm can't do anything here.

Yes! Sue on the other hand can make her bubbles appear anywhere in space (something like instant teleportation). So she can definitely affect a GL from the inside. She can also make his eyes invisible as I said already. She can make the power that is protruding from his ring invisible as well (so he won't know what he's doing and where he is aiming at).

This may be a bad attempt to find a way for the team to win. I admit I know little about GLs. Prehaps this is a no contest for certain GLs (or easy win for any GL). Maybe this is even spite in favor of the GL. I need to do some research on this. In conclusion, I'm undecided. no expression

Tazer
Yo.

That was the subject of this thread.

All attacks from the OUTSIDE.

Im sorry, but U have yet to prove that she can create any effects from WITHIN Magnetos shield, let alone a GLs.

the sole example of proof that was offered doesnt qualify given it was a clearly a wide-area effect created around Mags (as evidenced by the art.) w/him *inside of it*.

do U have anything else to use to suport that claim??

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

they dont need their eyes to see; that only worked on Kyle and likely only due to him being an artist.

when has Sue made *energy* invisible?? also, the Ring has sensor arrays built-in that can act as replacement forms of input, and making the Ring-output invisible wouldnt affect them in an way since they dont even need to LOOK to render an effect.

This may be a bad attempt to find a way for the team to win. I admit I know little about GLs. Prehaps this is a no contest for certain GLs (or easy win for any GL). Maybe this is even spite in favor of the GL. I need to do some research on this. In conclusion, I'm undecided.

might I suggest reading some GL-stories, such as Long Road Back ??

Tazer

Doctor-Alvis
A lot of people are forgetting what this thread was about.

Badabing
Cresh has no baring on whether your logic is faulty or not.yes

And hypothetical means:
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/hypothetical

See that "C" word? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hypothetical= CONJECTURAL.

Nope, not the end of anything. smile

Her bio, for which the notion of her maximum winds is bult on, states that she can create weather as it naturally exist.

Winds higher than 318 mph can natually exist, therfore she can create them. On panel evidence only. If she hasn't the showings then it's not proof. On panel, canon showings are not hypothetical or conjecture. Please stop the spamming. The rules are simple to grasp. If you can't abide by them then a warning will be next. So yes, end of discussion. BTW, you have been warned for this behavior by other mods. I'd rather not have to do the same. It's smart to quit while you're ahead. wink

pr1983
Before anyone asks, no, i wasnt drunk or high or anything else... i'd read rebirth and watched the cartoon, so my knowledge of gl was limited... but even then i believed any high gl was beyond the lasses, and guess what, i was right...

yay me...

closing... it cant be proved that storm or sue could influence the inside of hal or any high gl's shield with their powers given the ring's advanced AI...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.