Mallrats 10th Anniversary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanİeWindu™
That's right everybody.

Kevin Smith's Mallrats (Part 2 of the Jersey Trilogy) is going to be coming out on DVD again. This time it will be for the 10th anniversary of it's release. Just like Clerks had it's 10th last summer, Mallrats is having it's also.

If it is anything like the Clerks X (Name of the Clerks 10th Anniversary DVD Boxset), then Mallrats X will have multiple discs, more special features and behind the scenes footage and new Commentaries.

I for one think that this will be the ultimate Mallrats DVD.

The tentative release date is going to be sometime in the summer of 2005.

SlipknoT
eek!

Wolfie
The original Mallrats is already out of print. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Clerks X is awesome!

Expect in 2007 Chasing Amy X.

Dogma already has a 2 disc special edition so I dunno if Dogma X will be expected in 2009. And J&SBSB X in 2011... the DVD out is already special (has anyone finished all those deleted scenes?).

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Wolfie
The original Mallrats is already out of print. I can't wait to see how this turns out. Clerks X is awesome!

Dogma already has a 2 disc special edition so I dunno if Dogma X will be expected in 2009. And J&SBSB X in 2011... the DVD out is already special (has anyone finished all those deleted scenes?).

I love Clerks X, I watch the original uncut version all the time. It's kinda sad seeing Dante die though.

BTW, I watched all those J&SBSB deleted scenes. I love when they meet the hookers.

Wolfie
laughing Yeah, that was great. I also loved when Steve-Dave and Walt were banned from Brodie's comic store. Tell him, Steve-Dave!

The Dante death scene was on the original DVD too. It's funny at the end of the credits, Kevin Smith walks in and steals cigarettes.

I love the Flying Car sketch and the Lost Scene.

LanİeWindu™
I could have bought Mallrats on DVD already, but I went to the Jay & Silent Bob's Secret stash website and it said...

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Wolfie

Doubtful for both "Chasing Amy or "Dogma". "Chasing Amy" already got a Criterion release, and anyone how knows DVD knows it doesn't get any better than Criterion, and there's already a 2 disc "Dogma".

Nice to hear about "Mallrats", though. I got the OOP version today for $5.95.

Wolfie
Chasing Amy X is already official. There's gonna be a Vulgerthon in LA where they're gonna film a Chasing Amy Q&A for the DVD.

Maybe Smith is just planning on 10th anniversaries for the original Jersey Trilogy (the first three).

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Doubtful for both "Chasing Amy or "Dogma". "Chasing Amy" already got a Criterion release, and anyone how knows DVD knows it doesn't get any better than Criterion, and there's already a 2 disc "Dogma".

Nice to hear about "Mallrats", though. I got the OOP version today for $5.95.

I've had to stop myself from buying the OOP many times, I'm trying to wait for the X DVD.

~MEXICAIN~
mallrats is the best but do u guys know Jay And Silent Bob's real name?

Cinemaddiction
Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith?

ms_erupt
Okay, I'm confused. I know this is a bit off topic but I don't remember Dante dying in Clerks???

LanİeWindu™
Dante...he was the guy in the opening credits, the one who worked at the Quick Stop, he had a Van Dyke (what most people call a goatee).

ms_erupt
I know who Dante is. I just don't remember him dying. Wow. *shakes head* I must be losing my mind. I'm going to go watch that again.

LanİeWindu™
Dante died at the end of the first cut of Clerks...not the theatrical version or original release of the DVD, although it was in the deleted scenes.

bilb
Very Cool News.. Loved Clerks X and now Mallrats!! w00t!!

ms_erupt

Darth_Big_Boy
Very cool! Can't wait for this. I figured it was coming due to the original release going OOP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.