Hypnotism...anyone been scammed too?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Personally i believe the whole follow my pocket watch and listen to my voice thing is a farce. My mother has just made an appointment to be hypnotized in hopes of being told sub consciously that she doesnt want to smoke. she is going to dish out $250 for this. Why do people by into this crap? I told my mother that i would slap her, and tell her that smoking is bad for only $20. I hear these ads all the time that it works %70 of the time. Where are all these people that have quit smoking soley from a session of being hypnotized. Most of these people are self proclaimed hypnotists. I havent met one person that has quit smoking, lost weight, reduced rage, or solved mental disorders from being hypnotized. Most people i speak with that has had it done are fully aware of the questions being asked. So has anyone done this or know anyone that has done it, and has it worked for them? I am just wanderng because there is no scientific proof that hypnotism works or any rational explantion on how it works, just theory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.