Lord of the Rings - They didn't finish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RavenNightstar
Hey everyone,

Has anyone heard of another LOTR movie, because they never truly finished the story. Yes, the ending in Return of the King is the right one, when Frodo leaves Middle Earth with Bilbo and Gandalf & the rest of them, but the whole part before that has completely vanished. There's a whole part in Hobbitville with Saruman & Wormtongue, and a huge fight.... Where did it all go?

dizzyblondegirl
not sure

Smodden
Originally posted by RavenNightstar
Hey everyone,

Has anyone heard of another LOTR movie, because they never truly finished the story. Yes, the ending in Return of the King is the right one, when Frodo leaves Middle Earth with Bilbo and Gandalf & the rest of them, but the whole part before that has completely vanished. There's a whole part in Hobbitville with Saruman & Wormtongue, and a huge fight.... Where did it all go?

I believe you're talking about the chapter in ROTK:"The Scourging of the Shire"?
That part of the story was taken out, due to the artistic decisions of master Peter Jackson.
In 'The Scourging of the Shire" The hobbits return home from their long journey only to find their beloved shire industrialized and their kinsman slaves to saruman....Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippen have a mini-war with the ruffians and save the shire....Saruman is killed by wormtounge and wormtounge is killed by triggerhappy hobbits looking for a little action.
Saruman's spirit poofs up into the clouds and Sam marries Rossie.

Peter Jackson has captured some elements of the scourging...When frodo gazes in the mirror of Galadriel he can see the shire on fire, and everybody running getting whipped and stuff.....

Saruman and wormtounge have deaths in the films...but only in the Extended version of ROTK, and it's much different than the books,...but still awe-worthy...so you should see it.....

RavenNightstar
Yep, I'm talking about "The Scourging of the Shire". Didn't mention the title before, since I didn't think people would recognize it, but looky here! smile

Haven't seen the extended version...Have to take a look at that! Do you think they would eventually do the "Scourging"? Probably not, since they finished the movie! *shrug* Oh well!

The Inkeeper
Its Scouring, not Scourging wink

AgentTwiggy
They were originally going to film the Scouring... but they decided quite early on that it would be 'anticlimatic'. -_- But yes, they used some of the footage in the Mirror of Galadriel scene as a 'thing that has not yet come to pass'. There was a minature of the new mill in the London Science Museum LotR exhibit... beautiful, just beautiful. (Not in a sense of the building, you understand... I mean in the sense of the detail and skill and stuff. I love that kind of thing. ^_^)

xXLauriëXx
Jumpy yeah i went to the London Science Museum LotR exhibit too, it was awesome big grin i wanted to take all the stuff home with me!! sad it was pouring with rain the day we went and i go soaked and was freezing on the way there and back but it was definitely worth it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smodden
a museum? for LOTR???cry

Why does UK get all the good stuff....?sad

The Inkeeper
Like me stick out tongue

Smodden
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/baby.gif

Babycakes49
How would you know if the American Dream is dead are you here? More like The British lost humm how many years ago it must have been that tea!

rohanspear543
Yea PJ said he didnt like the chapter in one of the special features I think so he didnt shoot it.

The Inkeeper
Originally posted by Babycakes49
How would you know if the American Dream is dead are you here? More like The British lost humm how many years ago it must have been that tea!

Wow, an American Patriot.....your on the endangered species list you know?

btw- the american dream failed and is dead smile

Btw-- We lost some tea....huge deal erm

Smodden
Originally posted by Babycakes49

nothing wrong with a little patriotism...but arn't you blowing things out of proportion?messed

*is american*

shadowy_blue
lol, kinda funny this thread is. shifty

Smodden
Yoda!eek!

Fëanor
Originally posted by Smodden
Yoda!eek! ...man eek!

b-ball_chick
Well yeah they didnt finish, but its kinda hard so I just thiink Peter J. just took the easy way out wink

xXLauriëXx
no2... he didn't take the easy way out! if they included all that at the end, it would be about 5 hours long and no-one would go and see the film! .. well.. some would, the select few (me for example) wink

Smodden
^Indeed.smile

Nothing about making the LOTR was easy, give Pj some credit.

xXLauriëXx
gopj dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.