Angel: as a woman in X3? cool concept or a retarded notion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
I think it could work.....their are worst ideas. by now you've heard Gambit Beast and Angel are gonna be in X3...but angel gonna be a woman.....Wilma Worthington? what you think homeboys and home girls

vaya_the_elf
You already know what I think, but that won't stop me

I think its stupid idea.

MysterioxX619Xx
Maybe FOX said this to get the ideas from the fans on whether or not if they liked it.

Mainstream
nahhhh Warren was a flat boring character...making him a girl could make him cool...they made Kingpin Black and it didn't ruin the Daredevil movie...think about it...Angel Girl...Angel Girl....it could work...I hope she's hot...and can act..but if she's hot I won't have to worry if she can act....I'm acting like a male pig again..excuss me...I hope they find a clue for it one day.

Jimmy Buggs
king pin was great! if they do angle ether way I hope its just a short cameo.

Mainstream
Originally posted by MysterioxX619Xx
Maybe FOX said this to get the ideas from the fans on whether or not if they liked it.

Logically Angel should have been a girl..."I don't wannna see Angel as a girl" give it a rest...Angel needs all the help he can get..making him a girl might give him that jumpstart he...I mean she needs.

vaya_the_elf
I'm sorry, but Angel was cool.

Angel girl??? I don't think it would work that well.

Mainstream
She can have like holy energy wings and kick ass! I mean all Angel can to is tickle you with a feather.

vaya_the_elf
You just want another hot chick in it.

If you want another hot chick in thats fine, but don't mess up angel.

Mainstream
Angel was messed up the day they gave him back his feather wings...they "punkified him"burlybrawl I just hope X3 has action for us guys and 3hearts for the laddies but more of this though fighting31 and this fighting44 and I hope angel girl looks hot like this....paola

vaya_the_elf
Sorry, but I still liked him then.

He was cool.

I think they will mess angel up if they do him as a chick, but thats just me.

Mainstream
so you think...I mean no way in heaven or hell Angel as a girl could work....come on Diana..come on..come on...come on ....come on ...come on .co..me on...for the love of humanity...you're a girl..for every 5 guy xmen their are only 1 or 2 women see....wolverine2colossusbeastprofessorxbamf whitequeenshadowcat

LanİeWindu™
Terrible idea...

STICK WITH THE COMIC BOOK!!!

Some creative license is fine, but don't change the characters!

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by Mainstream
so you think...I mean no way in heaven or hell Angel as a girl could work....come on Diana..come on..come on...come on ....come on ...come on .co..me on...for the love of humanity...you're a girl..for every 5 guy xmen their are only 1 or 2 women see....wolverine2colossusbeastprofessorxbamf whitequeenshadowcat

Then make new girl characters. Don't mess with the ones already made.

Mainstream
what if Angel was a black dude...that wouldn't be so bad right..he'd still be a dude..just as long as they didn't try to steoretype him make him a drug dealer..or a gang banger or something..."thug angel" that would suck monkey ass..now Angel girl could work if they do it like this......you didn't think I'd post my top secret idea down did you.

vaya_the_elf
What do you have against angel?

Mainstream
look my white sister...I have no beef with WW3..but you I don't like him much....mabye if they don't call the girl angel and call her something else..but loosely base her on Angel that could work..matrixnessburlybrawl agree with me...agree with me....agree good girl.

vaya_the_elf
Who says I'm good girl? stick out tongue

I don't agree with you, sorry

Not this time.

Mainstream
when have you ever agree with me?bb2 ilm

vaya_the_elf
I don't know if i have or not. lol

Mainstream
I'm sure you have....I agree with me all the time.burlybrawl

vaya_the_elf
I hope so laughing out loud

Mainstream
I hope my homeboy makes a cameo in X3.......cable I wonder will she be black, white or blue...a blue african american....interesting idea..if I do say so myself.

pr1983
I think it could work.....their are worst ideas. by now you've heard Gambit Beast and Angel are gonna be in X3...but angel gonna be a woman.....Wilma Worthington? what you think homeboys and home girls

vaya is right, a really stupid idea...

nahhhh Warren was a flat boring character...making him a girl could make him cool...they made Kingpin Black and it didn't ruin the Daredevil movie...think about it...Angel Girl...Angel Girl....it could work...I hope she's hot...and can act..but if she's hot I won't have to worry if she can act....I'm acting like a male pig again..excuss me...I hope they find a clue for it one day.

did you read the comics? he wasn't flat or boring, he was actually quite decent...

why not a female cajun that can charge things and is irresistable to men? why not a male psylocke who is a british/asian ninja? they wouldnt work, why? because fans would have a hernia, myself included.

Angel should be the angel we all have seen in the comics for years...

Cable needs apolcalypse to be a great movie, i dont know if they'll do it, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

I hate(yes hate) wolverine, but ask me to choose between him and x23 and i'd pick logan any day of the week...

Mainstream
I had a feeling you'd hate the idea as Angel as a girl....yeah if Cable in an X-flick Apoc needs to be the head lining villian...but out of all the xmen...making Angel a girl isn't the worst move.burlybrawl

pr1983
it is...

vaya_the_elf
I think it is.

Mainstream
making Wolverine a girl would have be the worst idea
or one of the following:
having Gambit be a villian
having Magneto join the Xmen
having Beast fur be green instead of Blue
Making Mr. Sinster a woman..miss Sinster
any one of those ideas would suck more than Angel girl.burlybrawl I love these things

vaya_the_elf
Does not make it any better though.

LanİeWindu™
or one of the following:
any one of those ideas would suck more than Angel girl.burlybrawl I love these things

Er...in some of the comics, and in the 90's cartoon series...Magneto DID join the X-Men.

Captain Oats
change the backstory little bit (rouge) is one thing, but change a characters sex is just wrong and stupid.
Angel as a man in the movies would be great. They could cast someone long and blond.

pr1983
or one of the following:

bullshit, none of that, bar the magneto part (and x23), would ever happen...

let me ask you this, what is cable was made into a woman?

Mainstream
Angel is a girl thought...a chubby mexican girl....Archangel is a guy...we're all assuming Angel is Archangel...which it is..what if Gambit was Black...that'd suck...and I'm black ...that's hurtful...I think I"m going to be sick.21210-7

pr1983
angel (any of his incarnations) is a man, just because your not a fan...

Alpha Centauri
The last thing those movies need (approaching the 3 installment) is more characters.

-AC

Mainstream
the bug winged girl name is angel too...my bad the movies are like the early years...WW3 is Angel.they want a girl should went with marrow or Dazzler or Psylocke..why in the hell didn't they go with Psylocke.

pr1983
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The last thing those movies need (approaching the 3 installment) is more characters.

-AC

to a certain extent i agree... though i still want to see colossus...

Mainstream
Originally posted by MysterioxX619Xx

that's the only logically reason they'd do it either that or the new director is an A$$hole.

DrDoom
They might have decide to make Angel a girl because the new Angel in Grant Morrison's run was a girl. So they might have just decided to moosh the two together.

IMO it can only help a character who has gotten stale over the years. He's sucked ever since he got his natural wings back.

To think he used to be one of my favorite characters.

pr1983
to be honest i havent read any of morrisons run, but i have to say i believe its an unneccessary change, i grew up reading xmen comics and angel was always a guy, and i never found his character to be that stale (in comparison to others).

DrDoom
It's unnecessary, but I doubt anyone will care except for hardcore fans. you didn't see movie goers whine when Spidey got organic webs, they just enjoyed the movie.

Captain Oats
how can they even think of making angel a woman? is like making gambit a woman= HORRIBLE!

even though a long blond, blue eyed girl with wings sounds very good, i dont like the idea of chaining one characthers sex.

Captain Oats
i would post the link but im not allowed confused

pr1983
Oh f*ck... a phoenix story with little cyclops... what did i say? that they'd make it a logan movie again... and i was right...

Captain Oats

pr1983
wolverine is way too overexposed...

this movie is about the phoenix saga... that means the two main characters should be cyclops and jean...

pr1983
Originally posted by DrDoom
It's unnecessary, but I doubt anyone will care except for hardcore fans. you didn't see movie goers whine when Spidey got organic webs, they just enjoyed the movie.

organic webs and a sex change are two very different things...

Captain Oats

pr1983
i'm glad james left... he was a terrible cyke imo...

a new actor doesnt neccessarily have to have little screen time, especialy with the story being about the phoenix...

Captain Oats

Fionnula
what?..why? that is the worst idea ever..even worse than having Rouge as...well movie rouge...well maybe not that bad...worse than Iceman in the movies though

Fionnula
it's Bryan Singers fault..he poached everybody from x3 to do another Supermn movie to fail with a really shit story line

Captain Oats

pr1983

Fionnula
she was all screechy..i just wanted to slap her...when has Rouge ever been pathetic and screechy in the comics or TAS

Captain Oats
Originally posted by Fionnula
it's Bryan Singers fault..he poached everybody from x3 to do another Supermn movie to fail with a really shit story line

who else is going over to superman from xmen? i thought it was o nly james?

Fionnula
i think he stole the writers and some behind the scenes people...i was probably exaggerating and it was a good thing he left but still he was supposed to be all dedicated to it and then he left..not good nono

DrDoom
X3 is still going to be about Phoenix? I thought the idea was up in the air after Singer left.

As for Marsden: I feel for the guy, cuz he was the only one that didn't really get his status upped in Hollywood after the X movies.

Seeing as noone could really see his face and he didn't really get any good speaking parts or action scenes...not to mention he got carried by Logan every time they verbally sparred.

Yeah, Wolverine got more than enough face time in the past two movies, so I'd rather him have a much smaller part in X3 especially since he's getting his OWN FRIGGIN' MOVIE!

Superman is gonna be tight though, don't kid yourselves.

pr1983
Originally posted by DrDoom
X3 is still going to be about Phoenix? I thought the idea was up in the air after Singer left.

As for Marsden: I feel for the guy, cuz he was the only one that didn't really get his status upped in Hollywood after the X movies.

Seeing as noone could really see his face and he didn't really get any good speaking parts or action scenes...not to mention he got carried by Logan every time they verbally sparred.

Yeah, Wolverine got more than enough face time in the past two movies, so I'd rather him have a much smaller part in X3 especially since he's getting his OWN FRIGGIN' MOVIE!

Superman is gonna be tight though, don't kid yourselves.

i really hope superman will be good, but from what ive heard its going to be crap...

if marsden had been good enough he'd have got some recognition, though singer has a lot to answer for too...

DrDoom
How could he have been good enough?

Cyclops is supposed to be stiff, so there's not a lot Marsden could have done there. Plus, he got practically NO memorable lines or scenes.

I do blame that on Singer and the writers though.

McKellan had great lines, Jackman had great lines, Romijn had great scenes,Stewart had great scenes, Famke had great scenes, Alan had great scenes...the list goes on and on.

Marsden just got a crappy character to play...even the guy who played Colossus had a more memorable scene than he did. They shouldn't have let him get captured so he could've shown his stuff during the mansion scene.

pr1983
hes not a crappy character, if people actually sat down and paid attention to him they'd see that he has a lot of depth...

maybe singer and the writers portrayed him as a crap character, but thats their fault...

Captain Oats
maybe the new one will be better, we dont know yet- i hope he is better... heard he did a good job on layer cake..

and maybe they drop the x-men suits they have in he movie and bring in the ones hey have in the comics...

katie_girl09
I must admit that this is really disturbing news, but think about it: how are we so sure that this is actually true? I mean, people post a lot of stuff on the internet...

katie_girl09
They're going to have a new Cyclops? I didn't hear that! I thought that the old one was pretty good. Its just that Bryan (sp?) Singer was so wrapped up with Wolverine that he didn't really give any other characters enough screentime. I hope Wolverine gets a smaller part in X3

Captain Oats
Originally posted by katie_girl09
I must admit that this is really disturbing news, but think about it: how are we so sure that this is actually true? I mean, people post a lot of stuff on the internet...
exactly!

and angel will not be a female, he is going to be a he. I posted a messange on the other Angel thread.

DrDoom
Originally posted by pr1983
hes not a crappy character, if people actually sat down and paid attention to him they'd see that he has a lot of depth...

maybe singer and the writers portrayed him as a crap character, but thats their fault...

Yes, but to your average moviegoer he's a crap character that's keeping Logan away from Jean.

That's what matters. Out of everyone I've talked to (who aren't comic fans) only two people like Cyclops, one girl just liked him because Marsden got her moist. embarrasment

pr1983
laughing

ive heard that one before trust me...

i just dont see why they cant make a more comic faithful cyclops in the next movie...

ayjay
who ahve they got planned for the new cyclops??

gambitindaflesh
Yeah!!!! that was scary huh guys???

Mainstream, getting a little silly there with your cartoons! a little too much pep in your coffee this morning, you're a kick.

Paola
WTF?!?!? What the f**k?

Angel as a woman? shocking

who said this? when? how? why?!?!? cry

explain, please....

Mana4X2
A retarded notion without a doubt! No way should Angel be a woman in the movie. NO WAY!

Mana

Alpha Centauri

People don't want depth though.

That's the problem with the X-Men and I've always said it. They have about 80 characters all with their own back stories and they try to delve into each one of them for the purposes of milking the cash cow rather than keeping a select few consistently throughout the years and making them best sellers through writing them well. Not bringing people back and killing them off.

The F4 have always been the F4 and always been great, regardless of writer.

Either way, that's why Surfer got cancelled. People don't want deep characters who philosophise. They want to see shit getting blown up and people fighting.

-AC

Mainstream
So Angel gonna be WW3 after all the website was wrong....good changing a sex is wrong...after a good night sleep I see that now.

King Burger
If true, then maybe they made the decision because they
thought that a male "angel" would be a little wierd for the
non-X-men fans in the audience. Angels are usually
portrayed in the media and arts as either chubby babies,
or women (ignoring the Bible ofcourse), so maybe they
figured that some people in the audience would be more
used to a female "angel" (even if "Angel" is only a name, and
not a real angel).

Also, they may have figured that they need one more female
character, again for the sake of the audience, to appeal to
women more (common Hollywood logic: more females on
the screen=more females in the seats; ofcourse it rarely works
out that way, but they don't care).

Besides, they already ruined the otherwise kick-a** Rogue
(one of the coolest female characters in all of comics; even
the 90's X-Men cartoon captured that well), so why be surprised
that they would ruin this one as well.

By the way, I am the only one who thought that Jean Grey's
"death" sucked big time in the "X-Men II" movie?

pr1983
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
People don't want depth though.

That's the problem with the X-Men and I've always said it. They have about 80 characters all with their own back stories and they try to delve into each one of them for the purposes of milking the cash cow rather than keeping a select few consistently throughout the years and making them best sellers through writing them well. Not bringing people back and killing them off.

The F4 have always been the F4 and always been great, regardless of writer.

Either way, that's why Surfer got cancelled. People don't want deep characters who philosophise. They want to see shit getting blown up and people fighting.

-AC

i agree... astonishing xmen seems to be making an effort, a small, consistent team...

Originally posted by King Burger
If true, then maybe they made the decision because they
thought that a male "angel" would be a little wierd for the
non-X-men fans in the audience. Angels are usually
portrayed in the media and arts as either chubby babies,
or women (ignoring the Bible ofcourse), so maybe they
figured that some people in the audience would be more
used to a female "angel" (even if "Angel" is only a name, and
not a real angel).

Also, they may have figured that they need one more female
character, again for the sake of the audience, to appeal to
women more (common Hollywood logic: more females on
the screen=more females in the seats; ofcourse it rarely works
out that way, but they don't care).

Besides, they already ruined the otherwise kick-a** Rogue
(one of the coolest female characters in all of comics; even
the 90's X-Men cartoon captured that well), so why be surprised
that they would ruin this one as well.

By the way, I am the only one who thought that Jean Grey's
"death" sucked big time in the "X-Men II" movie?

her death as in her dying or how it was done?

King Burger
her death as in her dying or how it was done?

The way she dies. Stupid.

Why didn't she lift the plane from inside the damned plane?

And why block out Nightcrawler to prevent him from saving her?

Maybe it would've been better to have made the complex set
to detonate, then have Jean Grey somehow get stuck behind
and get buried in the explosion. True, it doesn't match the original
comic book version, which was very good, but I my opinion still
better than the drowning one used in the movie.

pr1983
Originally posted by King Burger
The way she dies. Stupid.

Why didn't she lift the plane from inside the damned plane?

And why block out Nightcrawler to prevent him from saving her?

Maybe it would've been better to have made the complex set
to detonate, then have Jean Grey somehow get stuck behind
and get buried in the explosion. True, it doesn't match the original
comic book version, which was very good, but I my opinion still
better than the drowning one used in the movie.

i'm inclined to agree... i didn't like that scene...

stormfront13
yeah she could still have survived in the water by puching herself out with telepathy or creating a field around herself

dgeniu
Well, the Marvel chars are made after a certain concept, they`re not just a bunch of people making the story look nice...

ex. Jean and Mystique were made women after the concept that women seem to read minds (they can guess ones intentions pretty well) and also adapt to different situations as if chaniging their shape.

Maybe there was a reason Angel was a man, after all...

But, I have to see the movie first. Say, where did it say Angel would be a woman in the first place??

Mainstream
It was on a website..I forget which one..but they quickly said..."just kidding he'll be a dude.

dominic/wolf
hey main what up homie

Mainstream
nothing much...the whole girl as a girl thing....was revealed to be a lie..he'll be a guy.

ayjay
wo0o ho0o....i cant wait to see the wings...it['ll be kooool

Mainstream
yeah.

shadow12
i think the idea is stupid

vaya_the_elf
Does anyone know who is playing angel?

Abbita
Angel isnt confirmed yet, neither are beast or gambit, its pure speculation, Matthew Vaughn is definately bringing in a new character and people thinks its most likely to be gambit. If angel is in the movie and is a woman i will be extremely disappointed erm

As for cyclops being a crap character, i disagree, sure he is not my most favourite character but he has a lot of history and definately needs more screen time which im sure will be a certainty for X3. And i very much doubt that Marsden will be replaced for X3 because of other 'comitments,' from what i know his role in superman is small and doesnt require him to be on set every bloody day!

pr1983
Marsden should f*ck off and die...

Abbita
no expression okaaay.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.