the "ruin a band" thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
this is your chance to slate your local talent (inspired by a post in the musicians you hate thread)

here is a band that if they are ever playing in your town then be sure to gate crash and heckle or at the very least persuade everyone you know not to go

ladies and gents...i give you...the hazey janes

http://www.cityshowcase.co.uk/index.php?section=BiosDetail&BioID=0OQm3DST7z&ListID=ebsDyw9t8q

Df02
assume ur band is better? stick out tongue

PunisherFan33
linkin park r sell outs

jaden101
Originally posted by Df02
assume ur band is better? stick out tongue

"assumption is the brother of all **** ups"

"mother...its the mother of all **** ups"

"brother, mother...any other ****er"

trust me...this band murder...and i mean MURDER some classic tunes...an acoustic version of teenage kicks...they should be lined up against a wall and shot

lethendy
Ah, what a constructive thread...

I can assure you that the Hazey Janes have never gone near such 'classics' as Teenage Kicks or any other classic songs for that matter. They play entirely their own material. You're thinking of another band. Please get your facts straight before publicly dissing people.

As for your other comments...

'they should be lined up against a wall and shot'

What a nice thing to say! You've obviously been watching too many 'killer movies'.

Do you realise that your biography makes you sound like a complete moron?

'getting drunk...listening to tunes...going to the gym'

I think you forgot to add 'whilst wearing a rugby shirt, in the students union'.

Wanker.

jaden101
Originally posted by lethendy
Ah, what a constructive thread...

I can assure you that the Hazey Janes have never gone near such 'classics' as Teenage Kicks or any other classic songs for that matter. They play entirely their own material. You're thinking of another band. Please get your facts straight before publicly dissing people.

As for your other comments...

'they should be lined up against a wall and shot'

What a nice thing to say! You've obviously been watching too many 'killer movies'.

Do you realise that your biography makes you sound like a complete moron?

'getting drunk...listening to tunes...going to the gym'

I think you forgot to add 'whilst wearing a rugby shirt, in the students union'.

Wanker.

sorry sonny...dot play rugby

and its funny cause it was at the students union in air that the hazey janes (or make that 2 of them) played an acoustic set and did indeed play teenage kicks...as well as several other cover versions

perhaps this was just a warm out cause i know a band played in mono that night also...but i never bothered going to see them

i bet you got this site by going a google search for hazey janes...page 6 this site comes up on if you do that...that means 5 pages of more shit ABOUT shit....

if your a fan...you are sad...if you are in the band....you are shit

claim to fame...playing on a little watched gaelic tv show...

now **** off and dont come back you miserable ugly ****

i hope to god the hazey janes are playing somewhere soon...cause i might just pop along and heckle them

as for being a wanker...yeah...you're probably right

jaden101
seriously though...the hazey janes are doing a good genre of music a disservice...but thats my opinion

but it does highlight a big problem with the Dundee music scene...namely that its shite...full of teenage crap metal bands trying to out do each other in heaviness...tragic indie copy cat merchants...or bands with no songwriting ability who just do covers

i can at least applaud the hazey janes for trying something different...even if i personally dont think its very good

Df02
Originally posted by jaden101
sorry sonny...dot play rugby

and its funny cause it was at the students union in air that the hazey janes (or make that 2 of them) played an acoustic set and did indeed play teenage kicks...as well as several other cover versions

perhaps this was just a warm out cause i know a band played in mono that night also...but i never bothered going to see them

i bet you got this site by going a google search for hazey janes...page 6 this site comes up on if you do that...that means 5 pages of more shit ABOUT shit....

if your a fan...you are sad...if you are in the band....you are shit

claim to fame...playing on a little watched gaelic tv show...

now **** off and dont come back you miserable ugly ****

i hope to god the hazey janes are playing somewhere soon...cause i might just pop along and heckle them

as for being a wanker...yeah...you're probably right

you're just being a dick, and im obviously not the only 1 who thinks this...cos ur thread has had very few replies. half of which were telling you you're a dick or your thread is shit.

form a band of your own, make it good and create something new and exciting, THEN ppl might take your pathetic attempts at 'ruining' a band seriously. you have no talent (self confessed) but openly slate other for their lack of talent (well-known commercial bands are a different story cos theres room for comparison...).

for a guy who's music tastes seem ripped straight from the pages of NME you really have no excuse to slate other people for using tired music and stagnant styles... half the crap in NME was ripped from older bands with very little adaptation.

until you have some input into your local scene, stfu about how 'shite' it is.

you're trying to pull off the 'harsh but fair respected forum user' routine... sadly its not working cos your harsh but your opinions carry no weight, your hardly ever fair and **** me if your respected haha...

"now **** off and dont come back you miserable ugly ****"

jaden101
dont think so

did i personally attack anyone...i said a band was shit...its my opinion

then i get two people calling me a "moron"....and..."a dick"

yet im the one who gets my post edited simply for coming back a bit harder

i was told the moderation on this forum was fair...apparently it isn't when the favours are done to people who have been here longer

if the moderators had a problem with the thread to begin with then you could have closed it and gave a reason why

Df02
haha, 1 of ur first posts on the forum listed ur favourite bands and 'picks for the coming year' (which tbh...i mentioned were the bands to look outfor LAST year haha).

i lick no arses here, i couldnt care less about peoples opinions of me...but theyre happy to give it if they want, just like im happy to give mine about you. what fence to i sit on btw? i didnt know there was sides to this forum
seems you're bothered by peoples opinions tho...the stars in our posts reflect that quite well.

and as for the not looking at the thread, im interested in the thread so i looked at it... interested in the sense that its mildly retarded.

EDIT: Deathblow... if ur bothered by the argument just erase the post, ive said all i need to neway... roll eyes (sarcastic)

looks like you 'ruined' your own thread...

jaden101
haha, 1 of ur first posts on the forum listed ur favourite bands and 'picks for the coming year' (which tbh...i mentioned were the bands to look outfor LAST year haha).

i lick no arses here, i couldnt care less about peoples opinions of me...but theyre happy to give it if they want, just like im happy to give mine about you. what fence to i sit on btw? i didnt know there was sides to this forum
seems you're bothered by peoples opinions tho...the stars in our posts reflect that quite well.

and as for the not looking at the thread, im interested in the thread so i looked at it... interested in the sense that its mildly retarded.

well we'll go back to your comment of the "bands to look out for last year"

given that bloc party were the only one of the bands mentioned that released anything in 2004 (a 5 track ep)...how can you look out for bands that haven't released anything...unless you catch them live...or unless you take note of what the musical press have to say about them

Df02
having not released material means nothing... EVERY band in your list was already plastered all over magazines and radio etc.

Bloc Party had 2 videos on mtv2, and all the others had video's aswell. aswell as airplay and tours on the go, the majority of them having spots on the Gonzo tour lol

jaden101
your a southerner aren't you?

thats the problem with living up here in the sticks...the radio stations dont play jack shit thats new...

and im a poor soul...so dont have sky and dont get mtv

Df02
i just have alot of advanced warning about Indie releases aswell... as most singles are released on vinyl and Rough Trade use our company for manufacturing them. among other labels...

even so though, they were all very well known

jaden101
i just have alot of advanced warning about Indie releases aswell... as most singles are released on vinyl and Rough Trade use our company for manufacturing them. among other labels...

even so though, they were all very well known

aahhh...see...an insider man...rough trade are a pretty cool label

maybe i can rely on you to keep me informed of anything good wink

Deathblow
dont think so

did i personally attack anyone...i said a band was shit...its my opinion

then i get two people calling me a "moron"....and..."a dick"

yet im the one who gets my post edited simply for coming back a bit harder

Tip: if someone disses you mildly, don't sink to their level. And calling someone a bunch of words which pretty much all consist of ****'s I'd say constitutes a personal attack.

i was told the moderation on this forum was fair...apparently it isn't when the favours are done to people who have been here longer

You're damn right, we're all corrupt, conniving bastards who love to pick on the newbies, you've seen right through the system, Che. Fight the power!

if the moderators had a problem with the thread to begin with then you could have closed it and gave a reason why

Okey dokey. I'm closing because this is a stupid thread which is causing even stupider arguments, but mainly because a thread dedicated to bashing bands serves no purpose to anyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.