which is better: HalfLife 2 or CS Source?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
For those of you who have played Half Life 2 and Counter-Strike Source (they are sold together), which one do u think is better and why?

Lord_Andres
I dont think that you can say wich once better, for me they are kinda the same game acturly, CSS is by far the better Mp game, but it dosent have sp, thats where HL2 steps in and its great sp! one of the best acturly

SaTsuJiN
counter strike source has dumbed down bullet system I heard.. (i.e. the bullets go exactly where you shoot 100% of the time)

DEFCON One
but the weapons have lots of recoil, so that doesnt matter unless you crouch and aim

ChickinMeat
well you cant really compare them really.

but at the moment id say none, because HL2 and CSS have decided to stop working on my system, at all.

there in my bad books at the moment stick out tongue

DEFCON One
you CAN compare them. jsut cuz they use the same engine doesnt make them the same. halflife=sp cs=mp. not really as similar as everyone thinks they are. they are 2 completely different experiences

Smasandian
No, you cant compare them. They're both completly different and thats why they're different experiences.
Half Life 2 is a single players game while Valve released CounterStrike as its multiplayer component.
Because of this, you get extreme biased opinions because the thrill you get is completley different.
Somebody who likes MP's games in general are obvisouly going to pick CSS and vice versa.
You can compare HL2 with Half Life and CSmessed with regular CS.

Sats, CSS isnt labelled as a total releastic game. Its an arcade shooter with recoil.

The-Judge
souce can play online, that is what makes it better. were half-life online, it would be the best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.