Thanos, Tyrant, A. Warlock, Sentry vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
On a Thanos v. Galactus thread, someone mentioned this might be a good fight (since Gal destroys Thanos head-to-head), so I figured it would make a good thread.

My money's still with Galactus, but I only know what I've read on this forum about Sentry and Tyrant, so I could be wrong.

-DM cool

DigiMark007
And the Funky Four (for lack of a better term) have a week prep time (if that helps) while Galactus is sleeping or something. Thought it might make it more interesting if they could form a good plan. And no cosmic goodies for Thanos. We know how it turns out when he has the IG or HOTU.

-DM

kgkg
which Tyrant ? now or before?

i still go with Galactus if he is Full powered he should take these guys.

whobdamandog
Oh hell..this one's easy dude....the funky four all the way...Galactus will get owned by the combined minds of Warlock and Thanos...I mean damb...both outsmarted the Big G in the Infinity Gauntlet and War Sagas. Add the power of Tyrant and Sentry to the Mix and Galactus goes down hard. To be honest with ya though, they'd probably figure out a way to subdue him without much of a fight, especially if they were given a week to prepare...

savagerampage
Big G would own them all

DigiMark007
Curious, I looked into my own question to form a better answer.

Marvel's website has this quote near the end of their description of Sentry's powers... "In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless." He seems like biggest threat to Gal.

I just learned that Tyrant was created by Galactus, so even though he's wicked powerful, this must hurt his chances of overpowering his creator (kinda like if Surfer tried to take on Galactus). And without cosmic aid (i.e. IG/HOTU) Thanos is also little more than a pest to Galactus.

And Warlock has traded blows with Thanos, and can't be too much more powerful than him...so I'm thinking that even combining their strength wouldn't be enough.

I'll stay with my initial assumption of Galactus...unless someone can convince me that Sentry could do most of the work by himself.

-DM

P.S. Current Tyrant, if it makes a difference...

Wynndar
Thanos>Warlock

kgkg
yes current Tyrant makes a big differece .

The original one was as powerful as Galactus himself (but he did loose to big G tho)

with Prep am sure than can full it off.

They Got the power , and Brain.

But at full power Galactus they will need some tools , trick to beat him.

King Burger
I don't think Warlock and Thanos make a difference at all,
regartdless of how smart Thanos is (can never ever be as
smart as Galactus anyway).

Tyrant may be the most powerful of the four, but as pinted
out, can't be as powerful as his maker.

I don't know much about Sentry, but form what I read, he
seems not much powerful than Warlock level, if even that;
but maybe someone can tell more about Sentry.

eleveninches
Galactus is going DOWN

whobdamandog
Originally posted by King Burger
I don't think Warlock and Thanos make a difference at all,
regartdless of how smart Thanos is (can never ever be as
smart as Galactus anyway).

Oooh yeah...they'll make a big difference...Thanos has single handly outsmarted the cosmic embodiment of Death(she's near omniscient you know), as well as many of the cosmic beings during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga...

Warlock used The Cosmic beings(Galactus, Eternity, Celestials, Love/Hate, etc) as pawns in his strategy to weaken Thanos and have him relinquish the Gauntlet..and he was also the one the Cosmic beings choose over the Big "G" to strategize against defeating Thanos with the IG...

You definately don't want to give any prep time to either of these two in any battles if you don't want them to win...

Galactus may have the power to beat all of these heavy hitters in an unplanned attack..but together..with prep time...he's sorely outmatched..especially since he himself isn't given the time to prepare...and even if he was given preparation time...I still think they'd take him..

King Burger
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Oooh yeah...they'll make a big difference...Thanos has single handly outsmarted the cosmic embodiment of Death(she's near omniscient you know), as well as many of the cosmic beings during the Infinity Gauntlet Saga...

Warlock used The Cosmic beings(Galactus, Eternity, Celestials, Love/Hate, etc) as pawns in his strategy to weaken Thanos and have him relinquish the Gauntlet..and he was also the one the Cosmic beings choose over the Big "G" to strategize against defeating Thanos with the IG...

You definately don't want to give any prep time to either of these two in any battles if you don't want them to win...

Galactus may have the power to beat all of these heavy hitters in an unplanned attack..but together..with prep time...he's sorely outmatched..especially since he himself isn't given the time to prepare...and even if he was given preparation time...I still think they'd take him..

How did Thanos "outsmart' the Death? Death was fond of him, is
all.

And how did he outsmart the Cosmic Beings? He beat them using
the powers of the Infinity Gauntlet, but didn't outsmart them.

If by outsmart you mean he gathered the gems while Galactus and
the others didn't, then that's only because these Cosmic Beings,
being a part of the natural order of the universe, didn't seek the
Infinity Gauntlet. I doubt very much that someone like Galactus
or even the Phoenix would have had much trouble gathering the
gems if they had wanted to.

As for Warlock using the Cosmic Beings as "pawns", he did no
such thing. They attacked Thanos because he was a threat to the
universe, not because Warlock told them to.

Galactus has been around since the begining of time, I doubt very
much that Thanos or Warlock can outsmart him. To the extent to
which anyone can "outsmart" him, then it's only because he is
above the schemings and power-plays of lower life-forms.

LordFear
I have read of a comic where Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill.
I remember this issue very well because at the time I thought Galactus was the coolest thing since slice bread.
Now keeping that in mind. The other three would have no, no , no problems at all conquering him. Sentry's powers are limitless.

bigbran
Originally posted by LordFear
I have read of a comic where Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill.
I remember this issue very well because at the time I thought Galactus was the coolest thing since slice bread.
Now keeping that in mind. The other three would have no, no , no problems at all conquering him. Sentry's powers are limitless. laughing laughing laughing

Priest
Originally posted by bigbran
laughing laughing laughing
yeah..
but the team wins..

batdude123
vin

quanchi112
Originally posted by eleveninches
Galactus is going DOWN cosigned big g goes down really hard.

Galan007
Pfft..

Sentry alone "once fought Galactus to a standstill"....... So..... shifty

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by eleveninches
Galactus is going DOWN

I love this user name.

Utrigita
Yes he does but remove the prep and team go down hard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yes he does but remove the prep and team go down hard. how so, tyrant had big g on the ropes himself before morg stepped in.

Utrigita
Originally posted by quanchi112
how so, tyrant had big g on the ropes himself before morg stepped in.

I believe Jesus Reborn shot that statement down in the Galactus vs New Gods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.