Who where the other Anakin's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dmax
Some of you may or may not know that Casting Director for Star Wars EPII Robin Gurland said that the final decision was a difficult one, because all four candidates were so talented. Who was the other 3?

COREWORLD
Dmax, i can give you two of the names, but i'm not sure who the third is:
Ryan Phillipe, (Cruel Intentions) He was too old and he was a bit hacked off when he saw Hayden Christenson's photograph, claiming that was how he looked in his highschool yearbook.
Paul Cattermole, (Pop star) Currently a singer with the group S Club 7, a UK band.

JediOasis
I could be mistaken but I believe that the other was Colin Hanks(Tom's son) and co-star on the tv show "Roswell" I would have like Ryan Phillipe, but he's too small. Anakin is supposed to be big guy, Phillipe just isn't big enough.

Raz
None of the guys from S Club 7 were at the at audition, this was confirmed when they appeared on the Jo Whiley show.

I think the three guys were Ryan Phillpe, Colin Hanks, and Jeff Garner.

King Jedi
That S Club freak was never even considered. Why would he be? He can't act and looks nothing like the other two Anakins.
The other names I heard were Mark Blucas who plays Riley in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a Hungarian/Australian actor called Rel Hunt.

JediOasis
I watched a movie called the "Virgin Suicides" last night, some of you may or may not know but it has Hayden Christianson in it. He only plays a minor role, I didn't even recognize him at first, but its him. He looks smaller than I thought. Oh well, couldn't really learn anything about him from it, but it was kinda cool seeing him in a movie.

Ratcat
I think Marc Blucas wouldn't appear youthful enough. In buffy he portrayts a 20something and I didn't find him believevable as a student, just as army guy

Dim
My other pic would have been Phillipe, but I agree that he seems a little too old for the part. I'd like to see him in SW anyway.

COREWORLD
Hayden has recently been seen in the TV series 'Higher Ground', in which he played a troubled teenager into drugs and whatnot,he was one of the main players on the show and from what i saw, i think that GL has made a superb choice, the kid can really act! I can think of no one better to bring Anakin's fall from grace to reality after witnessing his performance in this show.

King Jedi
I've been watching that too and I agree. He is the perfect choice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.