Is Lust Natural.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ketchuptome
Is it.

I don't think so cause we were taught to love and be greedy(or influence)

Animals don't have lust.Except fot rabbits.

Wat do u guys think

debbiejo
No...it's a demented form of love...

BackFire
Yes, I sure as hell don't conciously make myself spasm in my groin when I see someone I want to nail.

pr1983
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, I sure as hell don't conciously make myself spasm in my groid when I see someone I want to nail.

true...

no lust, no reproduction... simple...

Reborn Again
Lust is a perfectly natural emotion. Just make sure you control it and not the other way around. But here's another selection: When you feel a rise in your pants, go some where and jerk it off. I'm serious! Men have the ability to pitch a tent like 20 times a day. The only way to relieve the tension is release. The worse thing is getting 'blue balls'.

Ketchuptome
LOL.U funny.

But n e ways lust is what i think a human trait.If lust is so natural how come animals don't have it.

Reborn Again
Who says they don't?

Ketchuptome
U don't see it and they don't show it.

debbiejo
Animals don't have lust..Their emotions are limited...But we all respond to pheromones. Animal attraction, we're just more polite about it.

lil bitchiness
Yes, lust is natural.

Having wild, nasty and sweaty sex is natural and ok too. Just be safe and use a condom.

speiderman
Lust is supposed to be kept under control.

Ketchuptome
Agreed.

debbiejo
Lust shouldn't confused with fiery passion.

Ketchuptome
Isn't lust greediness.

Darth Surgent
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Isn't lust greediness.

No, it's the product of hormones.

debbiejo
Lust is an emotion not a physical symptom. Wanting to have irresistible sex and animal magnetism with someone isn't the same thing as perverted images that screw with your mind forcing you to think and take actions that you wouldn't ordinarily do.

Darth Revan
Animals DO have lust... Saying they don't simply because they can't tell you about it is ridiculous. If they didn't, every sexually reproducing organism would be extinct.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Revan

That's not true. Only humans have lust, it's an emotion..

Ketchuptome
Oh no!!!!

Outta comebacks.

I stiil don't think it is natural cause a mental person born brain dead(meaning no emotions)those not have a disire to have sex,thus not reproducing.

lil bitchiness
Oh my god, i was debating on weather to even reply to this, because it is so undeniably ridiculous.

A brain dead person is just that - a brain dead! How obvious can you get...

Lust is natural - some people have higher sex drive than others.

I cant think of ONE reason because of which the lusting is in any way wrong.

silver_tears
Animals have lust What the f**k? what do you call it when they're in heat, same thing....

Reborn Again
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes, lust is natural.

Having wild, nasty and sweaty sex is natural and ok too. Just be safe and use a condom.

Oh baby! Happy Dance

debbiejo
I guess it depends on your def. of lust...To have wild, nasty and sweaty sex isn't a problem. Even to fantasize and feel horny isn't a problem

I guess I think of lust as a foaming at the mouth, deranged rapist kind of thing. Someone who wants what they can't have so they fantasize about it until it becomes a reality of their own making...pushing the envelope kinda. On the edge of common since. A delirious sickness.

Reborn Again
You're thinking of obsession not lust, obsession and lust are two different things.

Imperial_Samura
It is, as debbiejo said, often dependant on definition. I have always thought of it as a strong physical desire for something, be it sex, or battle (lust for battle, as it were in the past) or even food. I don't think its unnatural. Just that desire, quiet possibly without the deeper level emotions, like love or reason, for the sake of that desire. Its only unnatural if you let that lust lead you into doing something wrong (like the obsession thing mentioned above^).

Ou Be Low hoo
Oooo, I don't know...Is breathing natural?

AdventChild
every one will experience lust at least once in their lives...so therefore its natural...

silver_tears
I think a certain degree of lust is healthy in relationships yes
It just means you really want your partner, and that's a good thing happy

Morning_Glory
confused ...ummmm

Reborn Again
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
It is, as debbiejo said, often dependant on definition. I have always thought of it as a strong physical desire for something, be it sex, or battle (lust for battle, as it were in the past) or even food. I don't think its unnatural. Just that desire, quiet possibly without the deeper level emotions, like love or reason, for the sake of that desire. Its only unnatural if you let that lust lead you into doing something wrong (like the obsession thing mentioned above^).

You just mistaked lust for desire and you even said so. Lust and desire are two different things. Lust is a deep emotion, where as desire is a want, though both seem similiar, they're not!

Imperial_Samura
Technically most dictionaries describe lust as "an extremely strong desire"... for something. It is a powerful emotion, but generally as far as I can see it is not a deeply emotional thing. just a very strong emotional thing.

Alpha Centauri
Lust rules, gotta love it.

-AC

Jackie Malfoy
It is not natural and it is consider a sin to most religon point of view.It is a thought some people have that they should not.JM

Tilien
I would say that some Lust is natural... it is part of a healthy relationship...

corpsefire
i have lust 4 myself

debbiejo
I don't believe Buddists believe you should give in to lust.

speiderman
Lust is something that can destroy a relationship with another person.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by debbiejo
That's not true. Only humans have lust, it's an emotion..

First of all, I disagree with the very premise that it's something as complex as an emotion. Animals are perfectly capable of seeing another animal and consciously being attracted to it.

And that being said, animals DO have some emotions. Granted their range of emotions is considerably more primitive than ours, but they need emotions to survive.

Love is the emotion that is unique to humans... And some people claim that even that is debatable. The theory is that humans are the only animals that mate for life, therefore it is an advantage if two people are attracted to each other on a deeper level than appearence. But as I said before, almost all sexually reproducing organisms (except plants stick out tongue) have some form of lust/sex drive. If they didn't they're never reproduce.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
It is not natural and it is consider a sin to most religon point of view.It is a thought some people have that they should not.JM

Jackie, I'd have to disagree with you there... I don't choose when to get a boner, it just happens... erm

speiderman
Technically it is a sin in the bible to lust. It is a sexual impurity.

debbiejo
First humans aren't the only ones that mate for life and I think animals are just programed that way...as for plants...I've seen them fondling each other..

Fire
Ofc Lust is natural, would it be if not natural???

debbiejo
All this talk about lust is gettin me hot...

Lemonade Whiz
I think lust is something you want very badly but are most of the time unable to acquire it.

It's not just about sex either wink

Though, that's what its generally stated as lust can be used on anyhting a person wants badly (desires is a better word)

And most of the time our lusts and yearnings are not granted to us. The girl we want, the food we want, those cool clothes we saw at Dillards we want, that new GT Mustang we want.....everything we want is lust

We all experience it

Alpha Centauri
Well maybe if Mary and God let us all in on the secret of getting pregnant without sex we wouldn't all be committing the sin of lust and sex would we? Assuming we all want kids, which we don't.

-AC

Imperial_Samura
Which seems wrong, it should only be sexual impurity if one follows through and they are already in a relationship.

Lemonade Whiz
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well maybe if Mary and God let us all in on the secret of getting pregnant without sex we wouldn't all be committing the sin of lust and sex would we? Assuming we all want kids, which we don't.

-AC

Lust is a sin, yes, but sex isn't.

Plus... I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here.

yerssot
if you take lust in the narrow vision of sex... it is completely natural:
humans aren't the only animals that have sex purely out of lust without the idea of reproducing: dolphins do that too

of course, some religious people would say: "but we are not animals" and "it's still a sin" etc
so all in all: this can be a discussion that will go on forever

Alpha Centauri
Whiz, can you prove to me beyond any deniability that Lust is a sin?

Because everytime you say it is, I can say it isn't.

Lust isn't a sin. There is nothing wrong with having sexual attraction to another human being.

-AC

silver_tears
Jackie, I'd have to disagree with you there... I don't choose when to get a boner, it just happens... erm

hysterical

Clovie
i think it is...to some point.

crazy_c
It sure as jimmy isn't unnatural. geek

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Clovie
i think it is...to some point.

To which point, Clovie?

To which point is sexual attraction a sin?

-AC

Clovie
To which point, Clovie?

To which point is sexual attraction a sin?

-AC the question is if it is natural
so i say it is natural
but there is some point when it is starting to be perversion..or sumthing...and i don't know what point it is. but i know there is one confused

Lemonade Whiz
Lust isn't a sin. There is nothing wrong with having sexual attraction to another human being.

-AC

Now, now.

Your previous post said "Well maybe if Mary and God let us all in on the secret of getting pregnant without sex we wouldn't all be committing the sin of lust and sex would we? Assuming we all want kids, which we don't."

"COMMITTING THE SIN OF... what... LUST?"

Rephrase your thinking.

AdventChild
Technically in the "BIBLE" it is a sin, but the bible is bullshit...just alot of jewish myths....Lust is something that a person will naturally feel on his or her own.. We don't control having lust... Like AC said Sexual Attraction isn't a sin it's in all human beings and if we are physically or sexually attracted to a person then it is lust if we're not in love with the person.. So therefore lust is natural..

Napalm
Originally posted by BackFire
Yes, I sure as hell don't conciously make myself spasm in my groin when I see someone I want to nail.

very true

IceWithin
im sorry JM but I really dont buy it ure an atheist erm

and lust is normal! as lana said it might even be healthy, obviously u must try to controle it sometimes, u cant go around having erections for evry cute girl u meet stick out tongue cuz thinkin about sex all day might not be too healthy....however, lust is a natural thing not a sin, just a part of our wrecked lives

AdventChild
i agree

lil bitchiness
If you ever get confused about what is sin just think - whatever benefits you, whatever makes you feel good in anyway, according to organized religions - its a sin!

If in doubt, think about if the action makes you feel good - if it does, its most probably a sin.

Ketchuptome
Oh sh**.
This thread is getting hectic up in this bitc*

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Lemonade Whiz
Now, now.

Your previous post said "Well maybe if Mary and God let us all in on the secret of getting pregnant without sex we wouldn't all be committing the sin of lust and sex would we? Assuming we all want kids, which we don't."

"COMMITTING THE SIN OF... what... LUST?"

Rephrase your thinking.

You sly devil, see what you did there. Or tried to do, didn't pay off really.

Here's why:

For arguments sake, I referred to it as a sin because that's what they view it as. Not all women know how to have a kid without having sex, Mary appears to be the only one.

Besides, if God created us all, he gave us genitals for a reason. I intend to continue using mine when and how I see fit, thanks.

-AC

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by IceWithin
im sorry JM but I really dont buy it ure an atheist erm

and lust is normal! as lana said it might even be healthy, obviously u must try to controle it sometimes, u cant go around having erections for evry cute girl u meet stick out tongue cuz thinkin about sex all day might not be too healthy....however, lust is a natural thing not a sin, just a part of our wrecked lives

I am not an atheist I just don't belive in god in a way that is religon.You believe what you believe and I belive what I beliee.JM roll eyes (sarcastic)

bilb
If you ever get confused about what is sin just think - whatever benefits you, whatever makes you feel good in anyway, according to organized religions - its a sin!

If in doubt, think about if the action makes you feel good - if it does, its most probably a sin.

Milla my dear friend, I love ya lots but I disagree with you on this one...

I know it can seem the way you put it that way, but if you study enough (and yes I mean the Bible) you will find that while restraint IS generally called for when it comes to our desires, be they natural or not, there is a bigger issue at stake than our own gratification. Often, even most, times when we desire or lust after someone or something and we act upon it it hurts those we care about and in turn hurts us as well. So in actuality these guidelines, rules, commandments, whatever you want to call them are for our own good and the greater good of society. I dont see that as a bad thing...

And yes I do think lust is natural, the issue really is what we choose to do about it that matters, IMO....

Darth_Big_Boy
I voted maybe so....because I think it sometimes depends on the person / people and the situation.

Lemonade Whiz
Well, Alpha Centauri, I'm glad you know how to use your genitals.

Damn...you had me worried there for a second.

I'm glad to see you have an admiration for Mary and all, she is the only woman who has been able to do that. You are right in the sense, though, lust is a normal thing and every man and woman (mostly men) experience this thing.

My rebuke:

Lust is a SIN if used in the wrong way. I might be doubling back on myself, you might have trapped me on this one, but you still can't deny that a person strongly and abnormally desiring something he or she can't physically have is lsutful and sinful. I said this in my first post, and I'll say it again. Desire is a bad thing and can get extreme if that person constantly pours himself over that one single topic, he dreams about night and day, he will practically ignore, turn down, or perhaps destroy everything that gets in his way all just to have that one simple mediocre thing that he craves.
That is waht lust can do and that is why it makes it sinful regardless if its normal or not.

Darth Revan
You have a point that desire can be a nasty thing sometimes... Though the question isn't about whether lust is a "sin," but whether it is natural.

Alpha Centauri
Which it is.

I never denied that lust and desire can possibly lead to negative things, but it also leads to good things.

It's perfectly natural. I don't believe it's a sin at all because I enjoy it, I indulge my human side and that includes emotions and feelings. It's my born right to do so.

-AC

bilb
True, but just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you SHOULD do it......

Ketchuptome
?

Red Superfly
All animals are going to hell then.

And heaven is full of prudes and basement dwelling trekkies.

bilb
Well I mean we CAN create genetic clones of animals & soon humans, that doesnt mean we SHOULD do it. Ability is only the start of the debate, other things must be factored in such as ethics and morals.Its the same with ACTING upon lustful desires. I was saying this in response to AC's statement of "I don't believe it's a sin at all because I enjoy it, I indulge my human side and that includes emotions and feelings. It's my born right to do so."

Alpha Centauri
Just because I can go and **** a hot girl, doesn't mean I should?

If that's what you're saying, strategy rethinking might be handy at this point.

-AC

Julie
Let's not confuse natural for right, good, acceptable, etc

Darth Revan
Why is sex such a shameful thing nowadays? A lot of pagan civilizations considered it a beautiful, or even sacred act.

Imperial_Samura
True. And really, lust is a naturally occurring thing. It is natural, one has little control over the feelings, only over actions. Its a bit like saying "is it natural to want to eat" or "is it natural to want nice things" yes, in moderation. Its only bad and dare I say unnatural if it is carried on to the extreme, where it hurts the person who feels it, or another.

bilb
Exactly, The key word is moderation. Lots of things are natural, its OUR CHOICe as to what to do about them that makes all the difference.

Lydia_J
I think lust is natural, without lust no one would ever have sex so it has to be natural

AdventChild
lust is natural... it happens to everyone... that's how people get together... relationships get started... Love happens... Marriages are born...

Ketchuptome
Yeah!!!

yerssot
Originally posted by Red Superfly
All animals are going to hell then.
the official vision of the church is that they don't, they don't have the ability to see what is right and what is wrong, ergo can't do any evil willingly

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Julie
Let's not confuse natural for right, good, acceptable, etc

No let's not.

Good thing that lust is every one of those things then isn't it?

-AC

Draco69
We need lust for reproduction. I don't know why this is even a discussion.

Alpha Centauri
You don't need lust for reproduction.

Lust however, is perfectly natural. We are animals after all and there is obviously going to be physical attraction. Hence the lust.

Lust is good. Be friends with it.

-AC

Draco69
That's very true. However what I meant was that we need lust to jumpstart the human sexual response. Reproduction can of course happen without lust. However with lust reproduction is much more successful and plentiful.

And isn't there the stages of love or something? It goes lust, infatuation, love, and commitment. Something like that.

Alpha Centauri
I think infatuation comes first. The only girl I ever loved I never spoke to for a while, but there was just something that attracted me that I couldn't label.

At that point I thought she was extremely attractive but already I didn't think "I'm gonna do her and let that be that" because the genuine infatuation had already set in. The only thing she lacked was the commitment it seems.

Anyway, I don't think there is a stage set up. Lust only comes first if your purpose is to lay them, from my experience.

-AC

Ketchuptome
Support facts with details i always say..

Sicky666
Yes it is natural, for all was born in Chaos and I think somehow Lust is connected to Chaos, as if it is one in both, single and equal.

Ketchuptome
huh??
Any ways lust is kinda a evil version of love if u ask me

Alpha Centauri
What is evil about wanting to bone a hot member of the opposite (or same, sexuality depending) sex?

Did I miss a meeting?

-AC

bilb
How old are you AC? Out of curiosity?

Storm
Lust is an integral part of human nature.

Maya Zurak
Yes, lust is natural.

IceWithin
I am not an atheist I just don't belive in god in a way that is religon.You believe what you believe and I belive what I beliee.JM roll eyes (sarcastic)

u actually said "I am not christian, I'm an atheist" I can get u the quote if u want roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lana
Lust is perfectly natural, and nothing wrong with it. Just because the bible says is a sin doesn't mean it's evil roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cosmic_Beings
I feel sorry for the morons who voted no.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by bilb
How old are you AC? Out of curiosity?

I'm 19, Bilb.

-AC

bilb
K, thanks AC, was just wondering.
And yes lust is natural, its just what we choose to do about it that presents a problem, but perhaps that would be better suited for a different thread...

Capt_Fantastic
Haven't read the last five pages, but...yes, Lust is natural. Sex wouldn't be natural without it.

yerssot
Originally posted by Lana
Lust is perfectly natural, and nothing wrong with it. Just because the bible says is a sin doesn't mean it's evil roll eyes (sarcastic)
But they say it's ok in the bible...

errrrrr.... somewhere in the back
wink

nutella-spatz
Yes, lust is natural.

droolio i agree, it'S totally natural happy

The theory is that humans are the only animals that mate for life, therefore it is an advantage if two people are attracted to each other on a deeper level than appearence.

There are other animals, who are lifelong partners yes i forgot which, though bag

yerssot
dolphins... elephants...

Lana
Originally posted by yerssot
But they say it's ok in the bible...

errrrrr.... somewhere in the back
wink

That was gambling wink

Ketchuptome
Oops see daisy..Oops im krazy
Continue

Velcro_Boy
lust is sin. and sin is natural, so yes.

Tassie
But how can you tell the difference between love and lust?

Red Superfly
Lust is when you are attracted to a person physically/sexually.

Love is when your mind breaks and you start buying things like flowers. The men in white coats will be round soon.

Ketchuptome
Lust is kinda like the bad version of love..
Lust greed or "Naughty" stuff...But the first homosapien never stole or had naughty thoughts..So origainal lust is not natural..But a humans evolved i guess it became natural

Dwarfdude
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Lust is kinda like the bad version of love..
Lust greed or "Naughty" stuff...But the first homosapien never stole or had naughty thoughts..So origainal lust is not natural..But a humans evolved i guess it became natural

How in hells name do you know that? Are you that old? How do you know the homosapien didnt see the opposite gender and go, "Damn! I wanna hop on that hairy monkey ass!" or say to their friend, "See that bone necklace that Ug has? He wont give it to me, so when he takes it off before he goes to sleep tonight..."

You dont. So dont claim to know things that you, or anyone else, dont know.

Lust is natural. That is why God gave us the brain and the penis, and only enough blood to have one work at any given time.

Ketchuptome
blink

Filth
Lust is very natural.

leonheartmm
lust and love are completely different, lust is concerned more with your inborn instinct, so i guess its natural{but not always positive though}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.