serial experiments lain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caed
please only chat if you have seen the anime, mainly because if there is anyone here that wants to see it,
look it up on google ...
or id try the cyberia cafe

but for starters who has seen it?

caed
==================================================

sai12
*raises hand* Me me! I've seen it! I own it! Good anime, quite confusing though. And short. Now what?

chibiruto
it was ok i didnt follow the story much

caed
well I am glad to see some here have seen it,
to start off

does anyone have any questions, I've spent most of my life in search of answers and would like to help some dedicated followers out, because it is such a great anime...

i'll be here,
waiting

BullitNutz
I've seen it, and own it, all 13 eps of the OVA... It's very very deep... but that's my taste in Anime.... deep. I like action and fighting as much as anyone, but a good, deep, cerebral, "thinking man's" anime is what I like.

sai12
Oh alright! I have a question! What happened to the sister? The real one? Did she get killed or something? (Sorry if this is a stupid question, its been almost a year since I've watched Lain)

caed
Sai12, her parents slash sister never excised,
they were programs,
that's why lain could never remember her birthday,
or any celebration for that matter, my take on it was the knights had been hacking her program,

when she lost it and started seeing "fulfil the prophesy" and ether Erie of his counter part in the real world, (that guy who hired the two men in black) decided it was better to just replace her... remember that seen where Milka just dissolves...

the anime series was great it made you think of how and why the upper functions of the human mind work...

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

sai12
Oh I see. I just remember it confusing me when I saw that part where the sister sees herself and then fades out. Thanks for the explanation. And I know it takes some intelligence to appriciate an anime such as this one. I know plenty of people who would just not watch it since it is "too deep" for them. Ahh well, thanks again!

caed
the brilliance of this anime is only limited by the viewers mind,

caed
I'm thinking of starting an RP of lain in the RP forum obviously,

but i was wondering who would be interested...
any takers?

C4 3 |>

sai12
How would that work out exactly? *ponder*

caed
well Ive known people who have done that

like not really use people from the anime, just make up people, small back story, and talk about life and the wired, kind like tato, and his friends...

and be in situations, like lain, talk about life, and its similarities to the wired...

caed
sai12, reply i know your on...
mad rolling on floor laughing smokin'

sai12
Haha, well, that works, get my attention with a NEW next to the thread. I think a pm would have worked as well. :P

Sounds like a cool idea, just I am willing to bet I'll have to watch LAIN again to be able to.

caed
lol, sail12 the thing is is you {personality can do a 180} like in lain, and we should try to act like that, and once we have some more people we can just transfer over to the RP forum...

sai12
You're gonna have to walk me through this. Tee hee....*hold out hand* Be my leader! *wink*

caed
I'm right here,

I'm right next to you

forever...

(favorite lain quote)

sai12
Just curious, how many times have you watched the series?

caed
lost count,
when i first got it i watched it all the way through, and i got to start watching it at 8 o'clock

caed
pm

sai12
That's just weird...

Anyway you finished it all in one sitting? Crazy stuff! I had to span it out over a couple of days. It kinda fried my brain. Tee hee.

caed
sad
i just loved it, because it applied to my life so well

sai12
No no, I was saying that's weird because your post went into two separeate things....

No sad face! No no no! Tee hee!

You can appy your life to LAIN somehow?

caed
well i can give you the abridged version of my life or the hole bloody story, but no one really wants to hear about other peoples problems...

caed
funny how i am sitting here refreshing my screen every 10 seconds..

sai12
Can't believe there aren't more people responding to this thread though...ah well. They'll come around. Seems things move slowly around here.

And for some perverse reason, or otherwise, I do like hearing about people's lives. For the most part anyway. Though I always wish I could help, and I can't. *sigh*

Just I can't see how you can appy a weird sci-fi anime to your life.

But I do remember thinking when I watched LAIN that it was pretty cool, and a strikingly similiar to our own world. In its own weird way. Though it got pretty wacked out towards the end....wink

sai12
Originally posted by caed
funny how i am sitting here refreshing my screen every 10 seconds..

Haha, don't worry, I find myself doing that sometimes too.

And the reason I'm kinda slowish to respond to your posts is that I dont' wanna be doing that right now! So I'm digging around in the pages further back.

caed
i thought when i started it that it would have a lot more posts to...

o well

so my life like lain,

well for one being "disconnected" from life,
or the social aspect of it,
and what we are supposed to do in our life,
or rather whats expected of us...

sai12
I'm a social outcast too! Erm, not something to be proud of. What's expected of you? *raises eyebrow*

caed
i was raised "Mormon" among other things, family stuff

sai12
<---Doesn't know a thing about religions

Ah well, onto happier topics....like....

That RP stuff.

*hold hand out agin*

Cast me off!

caed
well first a name, doesn't have to be anything special, and basic RP info eye color height, weight, attitude, likes dislikes background, be creative

think different

sai12
*pouts* You do an example first or make yourself a character!!

caed
sad
sry

Name: kyle yutama
Sexsadyes thank you) male
human(as apposed to program, or are we all programs?)
Appearance: pale skin, semi shiny black hair, blue eyes. Usually wears a black, too big under armor long sleeve shirt and black Dickie's.
Personality: smart, sadistic, loner, consumed by the wired, soulless at times, into top of the line navies, drug dealer on the side,(acella mostly, lol)
History: Lives in la, parents dead and now works for a computer tech company part time.
Likes: his ipod, loaded with anime themes and depressing songs,
Dislikes: crowds, stupid people, himself...

sai12
Oh, that's awesome! Now I guess it would be my turn yes?

caed
yea

sai12
Name: Yamashita Michiyo (That's my name in Japanese or something...)

Sex: Female, human. (We can just be users of the wired....messed If that's what you're asking here....I dunno. You're ther creator)

Appearance: Long black hair, usually tied back into two braids. Large, dark brown eyes. Clothes would be a collection of black tshirts and jeans with an nice worn in black pair of converse. Also is never seen without her laptop bag.

Personality: Your average geek girl. Shy at first but warms up after a bit. Can talk for hours about things she loves, specially the wired and her computer. Not a popular person, but not a complete social outcase. She does have a few friends.

History: Lives in LA (We want our characters in the same place right?). Comes from a seemingly average family. Has one brother, a dad and a mom. Gets good grades, and basically stays out of trouble. The wired is where she spends more of her free time outside of work and school.

Dislikes: Idiocy, science classes, and her brother

And on a last note, they won't get mad at us for posting this stuff on this forum...will they?

caed
well it did start as an anime, and still is an anime discussion

caed
great job

sai12
YAY! I love compliments! *does happy dance*

And another side note...What's your name mean? Caed....*ponders*

caed
now don't laugh...
(who care you will anyways)
its Gaelic,(older from of Irish)
war/dealing with the sun

sai12
Oh....I see.....

caed
i have always been self conscious about the origin about my name, because it says,

well,

gay

and kid made fun of me for it... *sigh*

sai12
*pat* Dumbass kids now days! *wink*

caed
thank you, and your name, i was froced to conclude you name is mandy?!
am i correct

sai12
Damn, how'd you figure that one out? *grins*

caed
lucky guess member info your Windows messenger name...

sai12
Haha, well it happens....

So do you think we're ever going to recruit people for this RP thing of yours? *questioning look*

En Sabah Nur X
Lain... I would like to call forth, to summon, such a being into this world... it's sad that many may oppose such a thing...

sai12
Eh, I'm confused...

caed
why?

En Sabah Nur X
Originally posted by caed
why?

To reshape the world... to bring forth an ideal state.

_Sanctuary_
ooh! I love Serial experiments Lain! My cousin showed me it!
It is so interesting!
I am on episode 5 (ebayer still hasn't sent the rest.. grrr...) but I have watched 1-4 about 6 or 7 times laughing out loud I love the theme tune!

Black Adam
Happy Dance

Just watched it about a month ago. Kept hearing how good it was and finally decided to check it out. Sort of trippy but a good series none the less.

though I sort of wish they would have explained how she actually go the money to set up all that equipment in such a short time.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.